• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New marth footstool combo + NEW VID

Darxmarth23

Smash Champion
Read your own posts bengals you were implying on the way up because you're comparing it to u-air.

Seriously just stop acting arrogant and defensive you're making yourself look even more dumb.

To be on topic first hit n-air has much more potential.
Thats gotta hurt.

N-airs first hit....hmm i gotta try that out sometime....

ssbbFICTION

Smash Champion
From the research I've done, nair's first hit DOES NOT LOCK. It seems like it hits someone up from the lock but doesnt move them. The other moves that lock are

bair(untippered, difficult to do)
ftilt (tipper works 2)

I don't think anything works other than those. Also, I am starting to believe that a dancing blade tipper would work better than the f smash for building damage. You could even do

footstool -> jab -> jab -> ftilt -> nair

For some combotasticness XD

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
By the way, for the sake of goodness.

Tippered uair allows you to combo most of the cast straight into an upsmash for about 30% damage fresh, UNTIL 30%. (i.e. Mario at 30% can be uair ff'd to usmash for about 60%).

UNTIPPERED UAIR HAS SIMILAR COMBO ABILITIES BUT HAS A KNOCKBACK THAT IS EXTREMELY POOR. UNTIPPERED UAIR WHILE HARD TO HIT ALLOWS UPSMASH TO COMBO FROM A FF'D ONE ON MARIO TO AROUND 60% AS WELL.

In other words, perhaps untippered uair could make the combo all the more devestating. Problem is, is that untippered uair will send the opponent not straight up, but slightly to the left/right. May make things tricky.

ssbbFICTION

Smash Champion
In response to what shaya said, I was thinking that you could start off with a tippered one and after the first getup maybe try again with an untippered one? We need some smash researchers XD

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Well either way, if it's perhaps possible to use a ff'd untippered uair at the end of the combo instead of dancing blade/fsmash, you will most likely be able to get an usmash.

That will be BETTER IN EVERY WAY then dancing blade/fsmash.

The Mew2KenShayaMBR Combo

Non-uair tippers can combo too, and as can be expected at higher percents. But it's harder to hit with, the trajectory the opponent goes in isn't always favourable, etc etc. Anyway, percents are for tippers unless stated otherwise, and for fresh moves.

Up Air -> Up smash (30%)
The timing/placement for the combo gets more complicated the higher the percent. Tipping the uair is easier than not on grounded opponents. While 30% with Mario is about 9/10 successful, 31% was ughh, and you can only imagine how it gets more and more difficult from there. Opponent's DI comes into play as well.

Mario - 33%

Bowser - 48%

Jigglypuff - 22%

--- Aerial move follow ups ---
You will most likely find that hitting with untippered uair's are A LOT better after certain percents. I havn't tested them extensively, but untippered uairs are 'made' for using a fair or something afterwards. These combos for tip uairs can have another 20-30% added to them using a normal uair. [e.g. normal uair to tip bair at 76% did 24% damage and was a natural combo].
I forget, but that 76% comboing (76%-100%) was MAYBE on Mario, otherwise Bowser weight.

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
I'm about to start ****** with this. I must test tomorrow..

Sequence is:

Autocancelled Uair
Footstool
missed Wavebounced Dancing Blade
Untippered autocancelled Fair
Jab lock
jab lock
autocancelled Uair
footstool
missed wavebounced Dancing Blade
untippered autocancelled Fair
jab lock
(Uair???)
Charged usmash

Should deal stupid damage

∫unk

Smash Master
you don't do anything special it does it on its own from the footstool

this is pretty hard to execute i've only pulled it off a few times so far

ssbbFICTION

Smash Champion
you don't do anything special it does it on its own from the footstool

this is pretty hard to execute i've only pulled it off a few times so far
It actually took me a bit to get this under muscle memory. It took 40 minutes to get it decently well, and about an hour in I was getting it more consistently. Pierce...when you say autocancel do you mean FF into the ground??

Alterhalo

Smash Journeyman
Oh man I am gonna work so hard to learn this that would be so **** rapist
Rukkiko we have to practice this at your house or mine

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
Read your own posts bengals you were implying on the way up because you're comparing it to u-air.

Seriously just stop acting arrogant and defensive you're making yourself look even more dumb.
No... I wasn't. I did not imply that. How the hell would you even be able to get on top of them after an uthrow at low percents while they were on the way up after baiting an airdodge? Stop thinking that you know whats on my mind. What I meant to imply is up to me, not you. Don't go around telling other people what THEY think. I swear its like your TRYING to be an *** >_>

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
If it can really be extended by an untippered uair like I said and Pierce will test, you'd prob best finish off a nair on light characters, and heavy characters its the usmash attempt. I dont know about getting 3 uairs to footstools though.

Darxmarth23

Smash Champion
If it can really be extended by an untippered uair like I said and Pierce will test, you'd prob best finish off a nair on light characters, and heavy characters its the usmash attempt. I dont know about getting 3 uairs to footstools though.

Yeah that would be hard. Considering u air is harder to untip than tip. Still the whole thing is ****. I expect this to be in matches real soon.

feardragon64

Smash Champion
Hey so......
Maybe I just suck but...
I don't think the lock works after the second one on mk.

Anyways, if I'm right about that you could go Uair, footstool, fair, jab, uair, footstool, tipper fsmash ^_^

I think it kills meta at the end of final d xD

Iono my tech skill sucks.

ssbbFICTION

Smash Champion
The difficulty and damage is different for each character. Its freaking easy on mario for some reason lol.

En.Ee.Oh

Smash Champion
Well either way, if it's perhaps possible to use a ff'd untippered uair at the end of the combo instead of dancing blade/fsmash, you will most likely be able to get an usmash.

That will be BETTER IN EVERY WAY then dancing blade/fsmash.

I forget, but that 76% comboing (76%-100%) was MAYBE on Mario, otherwise Bowser weight.
why would you name it after two people who have nothing to do with marth's metagame in brawl

LOL

ChaosKnight

Smash Master
until someone pulls this off in tourney not bothering >_>

i like the idea but eh....it shows possibility but execution on people kinda different..

Top Bottom