• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

new jiggs main

Zozefup

Smash Lord
i have 24 hours to learn how to beat diddy with jiggs. i dont know anything about puff. what do i need to learn how to do? and do you have any tips for beating diddy?

PND

Smash Champion
Learn to catch nanners. This is vital. Stay in the air, use your bair to space him. Always be able to retreat, watch the Diddy's moves for openings. Keep your fair fresh and work on your DI, you'll kill him much earlier than he should kill you. Trip him with his own nanners, ****. If he doesn't have nanners out, dash grab him. Keep him off stage.

This is Jiggs' best matchup, go nuts.

Metatitan

Smash Master
Learn to catch nanners. This is vital. Stay in the air, use your bair to space him. Always be able to retreat, watch the Diddy's moves for openings. Keep your fair fresh and work on your DI, you'll kill him much earlier than he should kill you. Trip him with his own nanners, ****. If he doesn't have nanners out, dash grab him. Keep him off stage.

This is Jiggs' best matchup, go nuts.
IMO diddy ***** our ****, but that discussion is for another day

TheStig

Smash Lord
how is jiggly better than diddy? diddy can out prioritizes jiggly in the air and can actually kill jiggly at lower percents. Not to mension jiggly is not good at handling naners. jiggly is only good off stage where she can gimp diddy

Metatitan

Smash Master
lol nice sarcasm thinkaman. but what ARE jigglypuffs plans to stop banana spam, and how exactly can she use them? she cant glide toss and has a horrible ground game.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
lol nice sarcasm thinkaman. but what ARE jigglypuffs plans to stop banana spam, and how exactly can she use them? she cant glide toss and has a horrible ground game.
Stay in the air and dw about naners?
This guys has brought up an interesting point. Stick with me here and let's consider this idea.

Exhibit A:

This is ground. Ground is defined as a static body that gravity constrains a non-static body to, forcing a corresponding normal force to be generated.

Exhibit B:

This is a banana peel. Notice how it is sitting on the ground, due to gravity. This item has presumably caused the downfall of the person in the background. We can assume that he stepped on this banana peel as he was walking across the ground.

Exhibit C:

This is Jigglypuff, a character in Super Smash Bros. You might notice that Jigglypuff is in fact, not on the ground. This is because Jigglypuff can fly, or at least obtain a pattern of movement not totally unsimilar to flight. This allows Jigglypuff to avoid basically anything on the ground.

...oh, sorry, I forgot where I was going with this.

tEhrXXz0r

Smash Journeyman
This guys has brought up an interesting point. Stick with me here and let's consider this idea.

Exhibit A:

This is ground. Ground is defined as a static body that gravity constrains a non-static body to, forcing a corresponding normal force to be generated.

Exhibit B:

This is a banana peel. Notice how it is sitting on the ground, due to gravity. This item has presumably caused the downfall of the person in the background. We can assume that he stepped on this banana peel as he was walking across the ground.

Exhibit C:

This is Jigglypuff, a character in Super Smash Bros. You might notice that Jigglypuff is in fact, not on the ground. This is because Jigglypuff can fly, or at least obtain a pattern of movement not totally unsimilar to flight. This allows Jigglypuff to avoid basically anything on the ground.

...oh, sorry, I forgot where I was going with this.
LMFAO this post made me smile :)

PND

Smash Champion
MASSIVE EDIT:
I posted this as Thinkaman was working on his post. Refer to his.

how is jiggly better than diddy? diddy can out prioritizes jiggly in the air and can actually kill jiggly at lower percents. Not to mension jiggly is not good at handling naners. jiggly is only good off stage where she can gimp diddy
1) How is Jiggly better than Diddy?
Overall, she's not. As far as this matchup goes, however, this is DRASTICALLY in our favor, and I've played top Diddy's and proven it. I have played Pastaboy, CANADA'S BEST DIDDY PLAYER, a Diddy Back Room Member, and convinced him that the matchup was 70-30, our favour.

2) Diddy can out prioritize jiggly in the air.
False. Our air game beats his. Exception: His dair, our uair. We either beat him or clash every time.

3) Can actually kill Jiggly at lower percents.
False. Our fair kills at 90% fresh and sweetspotted. His fair / bair won't kill us until around 140% (Rough numbers, obviously).

4) Not to mention Jiggly is not good at handling nanners.
In what way? Them being used against us, or us using them?

Hint: Nanners trip people on the ground. We're Jiggs. This should not even be an issue. As well, our nair is BEAST at catching tossed items. I honestly catch around 95% + of all items tossed at me, it's not that hard with nairs and airdodges. So they don't limit us, and we gain easy control over them.

So instead, if you mean handling as in using them, Jigglypuff's toss is horrible. She can't glide toss. However, she can hold on to them and aerial (really useful) z drop them into combos (extremely useful), toss them into combos (ridiculously useful), and cancel her rest with them (marginally useful, but hilarious). Plus, they limit Diddy's ground movement, and baiting a Diddy Dash attack is an easy rest. If we trip Diddy, we can guarantee rollouts and fsmashes. GUARANTEE THEM. She's actually pretty good at handling nanners.

5) Jiggly is only good offstage. . .
False. I've purposely played a match without harassing a Diddy offstage. I still won. He has no easy answer to our diagonal approaches aside from peanut camping or tossing a nanner backwards. His smashes are easily DI'ed out of, due to our lightweight, and because of his lightweight, we kill him early. As I mentioned before, tripping Diddy = dead Diddy.

6). . . where she can gimp Diddy.
And oh, can we ever.

1) What are our plans to stop nanner spam?
Stay in the air, and catch them. And pick them up off the ground if tactically advantageous to do so.

2) How can she use them?
See above.

3) She can't glide toss and has a horrible ground game.
See above.

Metatitan

Smash Master
if all this is true than why did bowyer's jiggs get molested by AZ's diddy? bowyer's jiggs isnt like it used to be but its not bad by any means

PND

Smash Champion
Didn't know the matchup? I can't john for Bowyer, and I won't even presume to.

Now, why does *my* Jigglypuff **** every Diddy I have ever faced? There's a bigger question. Answer: because of what was said above.

From what I understand, Ninjalink has admitted to a 70:30 Jiggs / Diddy advantage, and that was before perfect resting. So. . . yeah.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Cp Diddy on Brinstar. You'll **** him hard there.

Now this is kinda funny cause these are my two most experienced characters. Against Diddy's I avoid using my main and use my secondary Jiggs. Since I'm a diddy main I know how to use bananas.

Pound is your best friend here because it can hit diddy off the ground w/o you having to be on the ground, and his nanners won't hit you. Because of the rest out of multi-hit attacks you'll be resting him alot. If he knows about it then he'll have only one smash attack and it will get stale fast.

When playing against diddy its best to make sure that there is only 1 banana on the field. Hes much better than you ever will be at using them and he will be able to control both of them. However if there is only 1 on the field you can focus on getting that one banana and using it for yourself, since he won't have another banana to get his other banana back. To do this simply throw one of them off.

To gimp him just predict his side be recovery and hit him with n airs and then hit him out of his b up.

I've used my Jiggs against Player 1 and ADHD so I know what I'm talking about.

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
I got ***** because I don't have a clue how to play against diddy. My MK got ***** too. Simple as that. Aside from diddy matchup, I think my jiggs is better now than it was a while ago.

TheStig

Smash Lord
3) Can actually kill Jiggly at lower percents.
False. Our fair kills at 90% fresh and sweetspotted. His fair / bair won't kill us until around 140% (Rough numbers, obviously).
90%? which stage is this? also diddy mainers use fsmash and dsmash as killing moves as well.

**i need to stop posting when I have hangovers

What?

Huh?

Eh?

Buh-wuh?

PND

Smash Champion
90%? which stage is this? also diddy mainers use fsmash and dsmash as killing moves as well.
I always base my percents around FD, in the range of about 3/4 of the level to the edge, in that general vicinity.

Fsmash: We have enough time after the first hit to rest Diddy before the second. Or we can SDI out easily. Really easily.

Dsmash: We're Jigglypuff. We stay in the air. See Thinkaman's post for more clarification. I've been hit by Dsmash after I missed a rest, but that's my own fault.

Honestly, when I get killed it's either by a bair / fair or an ftilt, or the rare spike that I should have avoided.

SDC

Smash Lord
lol dont know why some people are hypin diddy, jiggz is one of his worst matchups lol, we counter his nanners pretty easily, by A. avoiding them while their on the ground cuz were not on the ground, and B. we have the best nanner-catching game of all chars in my opinions, are game is based around ariel ability, and we can catch them by either A. ariel attacks or B. dodging. this takes his nanners out of the match.
also take PNDmikes advice to heart, he knows what he's talking about with the limiting diddy to one nanner, also i like to hold one myself, and use it as a spacing item, if he comes too close you just chuck it at him and attack.

diddy does not outprioritize us, we can out ariel him anyday. all we really have to fear is his side smash, and if your spacing is good, then you should be fine, as his side smash is predictable and you can sometimes even DI out of it.

lol diddy actually is a pretty legitimate counter to MK, and was demonstrated by i think ninjalink against M2K.

Metatitan

Smash Master
lol dont know why some people are hypin diddy, jiggz is one of his worst matchups lol, we counter his nanners pretty easily, by A. avoiding them while their on the ground cuz were not on the ground, and B. we have the best nanner-catching game of all chars in my opinions, are game is based around ariel ability, and we can catch them by either A. ariel attacks or B. dodging. this takes his nanners out of the match.
also take PNDmikes advice to heart, he knows what he's talking about with the limiting diddy to one nanner, also i like to hold one myself, and use it as a spacing item, if he comes too close you just chuck it at him and attack.

diddy does not outprioritize us, we can out ariel him anyday. all we really have to fear is his side smash, and if your spacing is good, then you should be fine, as his side smash is predictable and you can sometimes even DI out of it.

lol diddy actually is a pretty legitimate counter to MK, and was demonstrated by i think ninjalink against M2K.
First off diddy does not counter mk. Second, why did u bump this thread from the dead?

SDC

Smash Lord
Yes diddy can counter mk, its possible, lol haven't you ever seen ninjalink beat M2K be4?

why the hell not? i saw an interesting post and i decided to reply to it, if the mod begs to differ, let him, its his job not yours. [cue airgemini locking this thread rofl]

Metatitan

Smash Master
Yes diddy can counter mk, its possible, lol haven't you ever seen ninjalink beat M2K be4?

why the hell not? i saw an interesting post and i decided to reply to it, if the mod begs to differ, let him, its his job not yours. [cue airgemini locking this thread rofl]
Yes he did beat m2k, waaaaaaaay back when. Now m2k knows the matchup and i doubt hes lost to a diddy since.

SDC

Smash Lord
lol when i say counter, i dont mean, "win every time against that char", i mean have the potential to beat that char or stop the other char's strategy. i mean cmon anything that stops mk's attack is good, and diddy's nanner spammin in the right hands can stop mk's attack. its been done. now of course cuz mk is mk and m2k is m2k your right he's probably not lost to many diddys recently, but the character diddy still has a very good shot at beating mk compared to most other chars in brawl. i dont mean counter as in this stop mk all the time, but i mean it compared to other chars in brawl. so yes, i do think that a great diddy can beat a great mk, now of course m2k is a different story lol, im sure he wins now but im also sure he also loses to diddys, just ask ninjalink

Top Bottom