• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Jiggs guide needed, no time to update this one :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
Out of curiosity, who are the ACTUAL Jiggz mains here besides me and Glick?
Offline I main her, Online she's a secondary =3

I can't land Rest. What part of the body is the hitbox?

The whole body, the frame you press downB, I think it lasts like 3 frames. Just try to overlap and downB.

jokey665

Smash Ace
it also seems like it hits a little bit in front of jiggly and possibly in front of and up/down, because i've connected rests without ANY actual contact, just with the opponent being a little above me and really close to the front of puff.

WheelOfFish

Smash Journeyman
Gonna take a stab in the dark and say that Squirtle and Olimar aren't Jiggly's best match-ups.

Mattnumbers

Smash Master
Rest definitely lasts multiple frames I've rested an invincible opponent and he still got hit after a slight pause (His invincibility ran out just after I rested him).

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
Rest definitely lasts multiple frames I've rested an invincible opponent and he still got hit after a slight pause (His invincibility ran out just after I rested him).
Hitlag + Invincibility.

You ever seen the "G&W Clearly cheats At Brawl" series of vids?

Jer

Smash Ace
Hehe

Yo Glick, i played ALOT of b+ last night and we found out just how ridicilous Jiggs really is.

Next time i get my friends SD card i'll up some stuff, the hitstun on Jiggz' moves is just CRAZY

Good luck at BTL2 btw :) Im only repping Jiggz in Feb.

Hitman JT

The Infinite One
NNID
JT.Hitman
3DS FC
1435-5432-6684
Truth at Beyond the Limit 2 said:
Ayo man f**k Ness, Jiggs is broken as heeeeelllllllll. It's like, she gonna hit u with that oooair, then u gonna feel another oooair, then another oooair, then ANOTHER f**kin oooair, then u gonna FEEL that rest and u gonna be mad as s**t cuz u couldn't do nothin to get out of it.

GameSystem

Smash Journeyman
G-reg was the one who was mostly doing it lol. He would get like 6 rests in one game.

Glick

Smash Lord
You speak the truth my good sir, i really can't wait to see vids of Glicks Jiggz from this tourney
I'm pretty sure anytime my videos got saved it was during the live stream. And I used DDD in those games. If the crew battles were saved, I used jiggz for those.

Jceasar. He could have DI'd all of those up throws. for real though. It's Thunderhorses fault.

(Dthrow works better for rest combos anyway :p)

Anyways, G-reg is WAY better at resting then I am. I need to step my resting game up.

jokey665

Smash Ace
pound>rest is pro and one of my favourites. i also love starting a match (or just any of my opponents' fresh stock) with falling uair>utilt>rest

Jer

Smash Ace
Guaranteed it was worth it.

On topic: With this build, ridiculous rest combos or gone, or i just wasn't on my game today. The bair buff is so sexy, along with the jab range buff, we took a hit with the hitstun but rests are still possible :)

Jiggz is mad good boys

grim mouser

Smash Journeyman
B-air buff seems to be nice compensation for the reduced power of Rest with the lower hitstun.

WoP all day long!

Glick

Smash Lord
The range wasn't primarily added to compensate with the lowering of hitstun.

Jigglypuff still has the same ****ty qualities from vbrawl.
no range. slow.

all that jazz.

So the range+speed changes really help her matchup wise.

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
with the latest set, I feel like I can't do anything worthwhile with Jiggs. At this point, I don't see any point in using Jigglypuff over Kirby who has the same edge guarding skills, better ground game, better kill moves (other than the super hard to land rest) and an even better recovery. I came here to ask if there was something Jiggs has in the latest set that makes choosing her over kirby worthwhile.

Veril

Frame Savant
Jiggs is cuter... and contrary to what you believe has a much better recovery (the best in the game, possibly tied with MK but arguably better than his), incredible kill moves that have multiple setups, multiple sex-kicks, a truly absurd grab range... etc

I assure you, Jiggs is very very good. This Jiggs is the Jiggs you're getting. If you don't like her play Kirby, but don't think for a minute that Jiggs is inferior. That may have been true in previous sets but the performance of top Jiggs players shows she has the tools she needs.

Veril

Frame Savant
If we're talking about the Jiggs vs. Kirby matchup, they go fairly even. Kirby has much better options with his grabs than Jiggs does, and just flat out wins on the ground. He's got a lot of pretty harsh combos that work very well against her, and equally good KO options... better after they pass the mid% damage range. On the other hand if your opponent tries to play a camping game against Jiggs, throwing out a wall of bairs... it just won't win the match for him like vBrawl. Kirby's up-air is really friggin good.

Jiggs is sex though... and has a slight edge in the air, with a much better ground game than that vBrawl garbage. Jiggs is also one of the few characters that can edgeguard Kirby, whereas the same is not true for him.

Discuss?

Sulfur

Smash Apprentice
If we're talking about the Jiggs vs. Kirby matchup, they go fairly even. Kirby has much better options with his grabs than Jiggs does, and just flat out wins on the ground. He's got a lot of pretty harsh combos that work very well against her, and equally good KO options... better after they pass the mid% damage range. On the other hand if your opponent tries to play a camping game against Jiggs, throwing out a wall of bairs... it just won't win the match for him like vBrawl. Kirby's up-air is really friggin good.

Jiggs is sex though... and has a slight edge in the air, with a much better ground game than that vBrawl garbage. Jiggs is also one of the few characters that can edgeguard Kirby, whereas the same is not true for him.

Discuss?
I'd honestly say it's even also.
Neither one will be super combo happy. Kirby has some better combos, but Jiggs can tech chase better. I see maybe a WoP coming from Jiggs, I'm not too sure about how good Kirby is at WoP'ing.
Kirby has the kill advantage on the ground, but I don't see a jiggs getting hit too often by grounded moves.

Glick

Smash Lord
Resting light chars. Why is it so **** hard. It makes me sad. :(
It's actually really easy. Surprisingly.

About the kirby matchup. Jigglypuff has the advantage. Kirby has NO mobility. you have mobility. End of story.

You can totally harass Kirby and **** the crap out/gimp it. I fear no kirby.

I really wish I could have played chu at pound 4. I would have if I didn't have to leave :C

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom