• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Jiggs guide needed, no time to update this one :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

grim mouser

Smash Journeyman
Agreed. I can't think of anything that needs to be changed at all. Even d-smash has landed a few gimps (LOL).

Excuse the lack of Jiggs knowledge, but how does the Mango Rest combo work? I know there's something involving using a jab on a grounded enemy, but it hasn't worked when I've tried...

Glick

Smash Lord
You have to hit them as soon as they hit the ground. I'm not in full understanding of it but if they just lay on the ground for a while and you try to do it, it doesn't force them into a get-up. I never went into full testing I just noticed it while playing. Then afterwords if their tall you can hop into a rest(which I fail at. I always miss hops into rest). or you can run into a rest. A dash into a crouch canceled rest could work if you can get the hang of it.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
I'm the kind of jiggs that just SH Bairs and Fairs all day. I've recently started doing Uairs, but I need to turns those into FF Uairs.

How would you guys deal with Jiggs?

Skip2MaLoo

Smash Lord
I deal with glick by(keep in mind im using falcon) disposing of him ASAP. mostly by uairr to rack up damage. I play extremely defensive unless I hit him then I go offensive and combo.

Glick

Smash Lord
ChickenD!ck

How does Jiggs play against Shiek?

Or how is Jiggs supposed to play against Shiek.
Watch out for her bair.

She's one of those characters that can combo you really well.

SPACING.
Spacing is so important vs sheik. Because once you get hit once by a good sheik you get hit like 38921742 more times. Use that mobility, for serious. This is one of those matchups that got easier with the mobility. You should be up close but be playing defensively. Get your pokes in but keep your distance. I mean she's no fox but you still have to be careful.

She can't really kill you that quick compared to other gay jiggz comboers (Squirtle)

The match up is in jiggz favor a bit IMO. If the sheik knows what their doing you will get comboed, and if you know what you're doing you will combo sheik really well since she is one of those fast fallers.

Also her recovery is REALLY easy to ****. The last hitbox does no damage so if you knock her away far enough for her chain to not reach you can just STYLE all over her.

If she grabs the ledge with chain fast fall nair towards her on the path of the chain. SHE GETS *****

I played D1's sheik the other day. It's no walk in the park, for serious.

The one thing he said that tips the matchup in jiggz favor is how sheik can rely on gimps a lot with her needles and aerials. And since jiggz is pretty much ungimpable it makes things a lot harder for sheik.

Glick

Smash Lord
So basically I'm spacng fairs and bair's the whole match?

What stages would you recommend to CP with and what stages to strike?
And nairs. Nair is so much better with the mobility and its great for pokes and counters.

But yeah for quick dips and pokes use fair because the range is just enough to hit sheik but avoid getting hit with a fair.

Stages? I'm really not so sure. Honestly depending on the skill level of the sheik you're playing, nothing with walls to wall jump on. That means avoid wario ware and yoshis. But besides that the stages don't really matter. I'd just pick whatever makes you feel most comfortable since sheik is a really neutral character as far as stages go.

OH, I almost forgot. Big stages are great, because it makes killing even harder for the sheik. And killing will still be easy for you, since you play one badass motherfvcker(Jigglypuff).

Also: take advantage of your gimp setup throws. Fthrow is a great setup for a gimp on sheik.

I like rest>rest.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWBf39MSIU8

CloneHat

Smash Champion
The new momentum makes combos a LOT longer and more powerful, and lets you easily chase your moves into rest. It's pretty awesome.

What more could you ask for?

Glick

Smash Lord
The new momentum makes combos a LOT longer and more powerful, and lets you easily chase your moves into rest. It's pretty awesome.

What more could you ask for?
Momentum?

Are you talking about the momentum that was added in the start of B+ or the new mobility. Cause the new mobility doesn't increase the combo length and strength.

And the momentum only has to do with combos that start on the ground and are air chased into other moves.

grim mouser

Smash Journeyman
Vague wording. =X

Main = Jiggs
Second 1 = MK
Second 2 = Kirby

And then all the randoms I play sometimes (badly).

Glick

Smash Lord
Has anybody tried that thing I said. Jump get-uping on the right side of the boat on Rainbow Cruise.

You teleport. It's lagless also so it can go right into a grab or even a rest.

I think it's pretty neat.

Mecakoto

Smash Journeyman
Ohaithere

Out of curiosity, who are the ACTUAL Jiggz mains here besides me and Glick?
*raises hand*

You know, you can only have one main. You can have multiple secondaries, but only one "main".
That is kind of subjective. I treat a main as a character that I'd go to a tournament and start out as. Secondaries are the ones that I have in my pocket just in case my main can't handle my opponent alone.

Yes it is.

So I hear comboing into rest is about the funnest thing ever. Thoughts?
Na. Not at all. Hearing the person next to me cry about it, though... That is a different story altogether.

Veril

Frame Savant
Has anybody tried that thing I said. Jump get-uping on the right side of the boat on Rainbow Cruise.

You teleport. It's lagless also so it can go right into a grab or even a rest.

I think it's pretty neat.
This is called lightstepping. It is possible to perform on lips that one can prevent autosnapping, but will not always do so as a result of distance. So, Lylat doesn't work, but parts of Japes, Orpheon, Final D, Castle Siege, Rainbow Cruise, etc have the appropriate lip.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom