• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Ganondorf Tech: Ganon Super Jump/Flight of Ganon!!!

Tenki

Smash Hero
no. lol

That's like changing one of the Sonic threads' names to "Weekly Character Discussion: Sonic".

forget sig bait, it becomes lock bait >_>

Divilenta

Smash Journeyman
I tried to let out sigbait with this:

The only thing about Ganondorf that suckx is that he wears nailpolish. And that's up for debate

Back on topic, I want to see a vid of that cypher>FOG>skull-crushing

Swoops

Smash Lord
NNID
SwoopsTii
I was playing kosk's bowser today and I launched him up, then successfully got a SHDJAD version of the hopz off...but barely missed the u-air...

I just realized that was a horrible story but it looked **** cool.

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
I just saw a youtube vid that made me realize we might have found this sooner.

Some bloke was mwessing around on stage builder, and found that if you Wizkick or Falcon Kick on the spring just before you land, you flip into the air. The vid shows the very same animation.

He also described puzzlement at the fact that "Ganon goes about twice as high."

We should have realized this. Springs instantly recover your jumps, make you jump, and give you a momentum boost. The very same mechanic was going on.

I wonder if other tricks could be gained from the stage builder.

Dolphination

Smash Apprentice
I can ace the FoG from the wiz cancel but I cannot even come close to the SHDJ version...

Im holding down-> Y > Y+L >Y-B

I cant seem to get it right...i either get off what looks like a quake or I just get landing lag.
Any suggestions?

EDIT: I Lied so hardcore...I figured this out =O

I was deffinitly trying to buffer the Down-B during the dodge which was way too early...instead I watched as I approach the ground and now im set...i looked back and it took a little searching plus some practice. Thanks for the info guys.

:034:

Smash Hero
Boo ya, give up them 5 dollars dutch...there was a bet, right
No way bitch I'm keeping my 3.5 euro's.

Tenki said:
no. lol

That's like changing one of the Sonic threads' names to "Weekly Character Discussion: Sonic".

forget sig bait, it becomes lock bait >_>
lol @ moderators on the ganon boards.

TP

Smash Master
If this had been for almost any character except Ganon, a BRoomer would have researched it for us and written a dissertation by now. Instead, we have to do this ourselves.

I dodged a green shell with an Utaunt today (epic) which got me thinking about what qualifies as landing and what does not. Sadly, we won't be using the Utaunt. :(

Tenki

Smash Hero
lol.

mentioned this before, but I use X to do the airdodge double jump, but I use Y for the down-B jump. weird.

It'd be funny to pull an "ISJR" flight taunt.

Oh man, imagine it now, airdodge > jump+uptaunt = flying taunt ?__?

SaltyKracka

Smash Lord
lol.

mentioned this before, but I use X to do the airdodge double jump, but I use Y for the down-B jump. weird.

It'd be funny to pull an "ISJR" flight taunt.

That would be so epic, the use of would have to qualify as an insta-win.

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
Someone get on this. :)

Really. The game and hopefully my opponent's head would explode from awesome. That counts as a concession, right?

Have not succeeded at the air dodge method once. It's a factor that I was doing it wrong, but no, the timing in vids even seems so different. You jump just to get the position right for the second air dodge jump, which finishes a certain time before you land, where you then put in the jump + Wizkick. . .

So weird.

Dolphination

Smash Apprentice
The way i figured it out was like, you would short hop, get to almost the peak of your SH and then hit Y+Z of the 2nd jump and dodge. Then u gotta wait til the last available second when u hit the ground to do the jump+DownB. It doesnt come right after the dodge animation goes away. Its the same height from the ground u would be at as if u were doing the wizkick version.

powuh_of_PIE

Smash Journeyman
Interestingly enough, the first time I successfully managed this was on Wifi... maybe the buffer times are more lenient there?

Anyway, I ended up using the bottom of the knuckle of my right forefinger to press X+downB so I didn't have to switch to that godawful "claw" version. -_- Working on the FH+AD version now.

Also, if it matters, I have Tap Jump on. Makes it easier to do the first Uair, I think, but I dunno, of the people that managed the FH+AD verson, who has Tap Jump on/off? Does it help?

hyperstation

Smash Lord
Interestingly enough, the first time I successfully managed this was on Wifi... maybe the buffer times are more lenient there?

Anyway, I ended up using the bottom of the knuckle of my right forefinger to press X+downB so I didn't have to switch to that godawful "claw" version. -_- Working on the FH+AD version now.

Also, if it matters, I have Tap Jump on. Makes it easier to do the first Uair, I think, but I dunno, of the people that managed the FH+AD verson, who has Tap Jump on/off? Does it help?
Easiest way:

Set L to special. Keep you hands in the normal positions, jump with Y, Airdodge with Y+X, buffer the FoG with Y and L. Hold down the whole time.

TP

Smash Master
I'm sure everyone knows this, but you can FOG from jumping off the ledge without using a double jump.

Kyas

Smash Journeyman
Reminds me of how to fly according to the Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy. Excellent move. I'll have to learn it

Mumfie

Smash Rookie
B-Down was easy to manage, however it took time before i could do the alternative move but it works now perfectly and easy.

Tenki

Smash Hero
So has anyone managed any cool applications of this move yet in a match?

I messed around with it on wifi (yes.) over the past few weekends, and I think the most interesting uses I've gotten out of it were:

1) going over projectiles (Sheik, etc)
2) STAR KO's.... with Wiz kick. (if opponent airdodges and goes through/under you, catch them with the middle part of wizkick, and it'll send them flying upwards. Also nice for punishing aerials meant to hit you if you fell.

Of course, online, you can't really do something like stomp> DJAD followup like you could offline (btw, I think I tried it on Yoshi and got D-air stomp at 86%--> FoG followup and U-smash at 100%+ --> FoG followup.) but... yeah.

TP

Smash Master
In a Basic Brawl, I landed THREE FoG Reverse Warlock Punches.

Basic Brawl is depressing sometimes.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Yay! It seemed impossible at first.. but now when I've got the correct timing it's pretty easy : )
Now I can catch that ****ing snake in the air!

Doopliss_Swe

Smash Journeyman
Lol, i actually made it in my second try when doing if trom the edge XD what stops you from just doing this out of a quake? I don't know anything about this ISJR.

EDIT: Now I've done every type of FoG that that japanese video showed. I bet most of you already noticed, but he has the same animation that he has when he does an extra high jump from a spring.

Sknil

Smash Rookie
Having trouble pressing jump and Down-B at the same time, for either method. Any tips?

Sknil

Smash Rookie
Haha, wow I'm already seeing results. Thanks hyper and Colaya.

Shadow Nataku

Smash Ace
Something else fun I noticed but it is possible to do a aerial Wizkick cancel out of a FoG. FoG just abit before the edge than Wizkick down and the animation will finish just in time so Ganon can grab the ledge in time cancelling out the landing lag.

TP

Smash Master
The only time I use the FoG is when a Falco or Pikachu or whatever is on the other side of FD. It scares the **** out of them and lets me get close enough to actually fight.

Divilenta

Smash Journeyman
Guys this thread was kinda dead...

When I first saw it (today) I was like WTF this has been known.

Then I figured out that it was a long-going thread.
Well, this thread did start out 1 month ago. It shouldn't take too much longer for all Ganons to figure it out.

Once again, it's been known for a month.

Teronist09

Smash Journeyman
Is it completely ******** for me to use FoG for fakeouts, just based on the fact that Ganon doesnt like having anyone below him? I only seem to get punished for it half the time, maybe a little less, and it's usually because I choose to try to get a wizkick on them.

hyperstation

Smash Lord
Well, first of all, just because you use the move doesn't mean you have to attack out of it. If you go up for the move and realize that you can't reliably hit out of it, don't. It's just a jump, you know? If you DJ thinking you're gonna land a quick FAir, but quickly realize you won't be able to connect, you don't still go for the FAir, do you? The correct answer is "no", by the way. :) In short, no, FoG isn't exactly good baiting material.

Top Bottom