• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Ganondorf Tech: Ganon Super Jump/Flight of Ganon!!!

Shadow Nataku

Smash Ace
As far as I can see after playing around with it abit more the air dodge version does indeed have a purpose simply that it can be done anywhere. Wizkick Cancel is easier to do but is situational and you have to know the layout of the stages.

M15t3R E

Smash Master
If anyone is able to perform the Super Jump without the initial wizkick, please let me know. Make a video of you doing so as well, if you are able to.

Shadow Nataku

Smash Ace
I've only managed it once but haven't been able to replicate it since, it has really difficult timing. On the other hand land Wizkick cancel version is getting pretty easy to the point now where I'm sure this is a viable technique for offline battles.

This could lead to serious mindgames since Wizkick cancel alone allows for all of Ganny's superior aerial attacks straight out of it but now he even has this superjump for quick escapes or edgeguards.

I did do something cool by accident though related to the footstool comboes from a while ago. Iif you Wizkick Cancel into someone the cancel automatically turns into a footstool jump and hits quite easily too. If you were lucky enough to hit them during the initial Wizkick than it comboes into a 2nd Wizkick because of the footstool stun. Much easier way of initiating those footstool comboes from a while back imo.

IMPORTANT EDIT:
Can someone test this out but I've noticed you can do this even after clashing with a shield, it comes out almost immediately and in fact is easier to do if you hit your opponent. I'm wondering if this super jump may even be fast enough to allow Dorf to jump out of reach before he can even be shield grabbed.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
To pessimists:

1 frame windows are not nearly as bad as you would think they are. Look at Phanna and his SWDs in Melee. <<

Yeah seriously lol.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
**** that's cool !

Ganon can now reach Snake almost anywere during Snake's Up+B :bee:
Dark dive for even more height ;P

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Oh man. I can't wait to get home and try this! (Hehe... and I can't wait to kill someone with this for the first time and see the incredulous "Holy ****... that can't have happened..." look on their face!)

Tenki

Smash Hero
The Japanese video shows Ganon doing the super-jump out of a double jump, yes?
Sooo... could you use this for recovery? Or do you have to jump off land?
Ganon superjamp can't be done offstage for recovery.
It should land.

The method is difficult to translate・・・.

It is necessary to do Air-Dodge beforehand.
Input wizfoot and jump at the same time in 1F of landing.

First of all, please try at SmashVille.
Do Air-Dodge from platform simultaneously with ShortHop.
And, jump&wizfoot at the end.
Let's try!

So in case you don't understand it...

You have to do it as you're landing. You can't do it off stage because you're not landing on anything.

If you're doing it the way it's shown in the videos, you have to:
1) airdodge
2) Input down-B and jump within 1 frame of landing.

Example in Smashville:
Do a shorthop airdodge (at the same time) from the floating platform.
jump+down B at the end.

M15t3R E

Smash Master
I have, thus far, performed it 5 times without wizkick. But every time I try to make a replay out of it I mess up way too much and it's not worth saving.

My friend K_Prime is decent at the super jump without the wizkick. It's extremely hard timing. Almost impossible to get used to. But I have a video of K_Prime performing it without wizkick that's in the works.
Stay tuned.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Super Ganon is real?!

Man, the King has been busting out stuff lately like no tomorrow.

Anomilus

Smash Lord
NNID
Hyperdon
Ugh... okay, after realizing I was adding an extra jump into the steps and rectifying this, I can now almost flawlessly Super Jump without Wizkick.....but only off the Smashville platform as instructed. When I try to do it without, I just Wizkick to the ground.

The differences between the platform and no platform is that shorthopped airdodge. When I DJ into an airdodge, I can't get it to work (only did it one time on Final Destination). Am I doing something wrong here or is the timing just that much more strict without the platform?

hyperstation

Smash Lord
Dear god, help. My hands are in terrible pain from practicing this. My consistency with it is mediocre so far, but this is truly something fantastic. I was practicing with the sound off towards the end so that I was paying attention only to where his feet were throughout the whole landing animation. It helped.

And man, sincere thanks to rihuganon, our smash ambassador to another world of play styles and techniques. It should continue to be called "The Flight of Ganon" as he named it in the original thread. How gallant.

laki

Smash Apprentice
Wow!!! My friend mains ganon and calls him manon and says his claim to fame will be when manon jumps twice as high. That day has come.

SaltyKracka

Smash Lord
I propose that we all thank Rihu and enshrine him as the Japanese ambassador to us poor Ganon mains. Mostly because of the vids and this awesome, but not very useful, tech.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Um... Can someone explain to me what the Wizardkick Cancel is? I feel like I would be able to understand this so much better if I knew this simple fact...

SaltyKracka

Smash Lord
Um... Can someone explain to me what the Wizardkick Cancel is? I feel like I would be able to understand this so much better if I knew this simple fact...
The wizkick cancel is performed by either using Ganon's vB off of a platform, or rolling against the edge of a platform and using his vB. (I'm including stages as platforms here, since that's basically what they are). It it's performed correctly, instead of his usual vB ending animation, Ganon will roll in the air and either land with less lag or be able to jump and use aerials. The latter thing is what makes it key to the superjump.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Ok, that makes sense with the videos I watched. I need to try this tomorrow. This should be a bit easier for me since I have my R button assigned to jump.

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
This tech is going to be incredibly useful once we find a way to consistently do it without Wizkick.

What I like the most about it, though, is that it is just so freakin BA. Ganon deserves to be the one who gets this tech, since he is obviously the most BA character in the game.

I still haven't gotten the non-Wizkick version down, but I will keep trying. I hope everyone else works on it too, because there's bound to be a "best method" that will come up that will greatly benefit the Ganon community.

M15t3R E

Smash Master
GANONS, ASSEMBLE!!!!!!!!!!

K Prime's vid is up! It's the alternate method for performing the Super Jump. I am not great at it, but K Prime has seriously gotten the hang of it. Watch and be amazed!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lnA6WSRORlo

Note: This is probably the tougher, but more rewarding method of pulling off the Super Jump.

DLA

NNID
DLAhhh
Thanks Mister E! I just found something too... it's very easy to do it after footstooling someone on the ground. I footstool Captain Falcon (not a full footstool though... a short hop footstool, if you will), then I immediately air dodge after, then Jump+down B. Works pretty much every time.

Of course this isn't practical, but I'm getting much better at the timing now.

Pikabunz

Smash Hero
NNID
Pikabunz
3DS FC
1134-8730-8374
For anyone who's curious, I use the default control settings and Z to air dodge.

sleepy_head83

Smash Cadet
Man this is amazing! Together with all the ganon players all over the world, we can make him godly.

DLA

NNID
DLAhhh
I've got this technique on lockdown now. If you're still having trouble, remember these things:

-Wait a little bit before using your second jump. Look at Mister E's video on this page for the proper timing.
-You need to air dodge at exactly the same time as your second jump or it won't work.
-Jump+Wizfoot at the last possible second. If nothing is happening, you're either too early (the air dodge hasn't ended yet) or you're too late.
-If you're just Wizfooting into the ground, then you're probably missing the jump part of the jump+wizfoot, and just hitting the wizfoot part.
-I do the jump+wizfoot by pressing Y and sliding my thumb to B, around the A button. It's the easiest way in my experience.

Anomilus

Smash Lord
NNID
Hyperdon
I didn't have to change my normal Ganondorf control settings at all. I do it via flicking the control stick up, then down+B. Barring the stand-alone super jump, I can do it very consistently this way. Guess I'll just have to practice finding that timing.

...But I do think there's more leniency to how soon you reach the ground than it seems. Who knows though. I just have to make sure I don't go so fast or hit Up too soon and miss the input.

hyperstation

Smash Lord
...But I do think there's more leniency to how soon you reach the ground than it seems. Who knows though. I just have to make sure I don't go so fast or hit Up too soon and miss the input.
You can press and hold jump sooner than you think (buffer it, homie) but your down B must still happen with pretty good precision.

I'm ace with the Wiz Kick tech, and though this tech is definitely not without merit, it's all about the freestanding one, man. That completely changes ganon's game. Information about his range has just radically changed, and suddenly follow-ups to usmash, DA, thunderstorm and other juggle moves can occur at percents higher than 50% with more flexibility.

I think it goes without saying that every ganon main has the same sentiments as me, but I'm going to learn how to do the free standing one flawlessly so that this litterally becomes a move in ganon's arsenal rather than just an occasional surprise tactic.. The vertical version of snakes mortar slide. Let's just consider that now uair and dair just got a lot more range. That's gross.

I'm in a completely other camp than the pessimists. This move is here to stay. Being able to perform one version of it flawlessly after just an hour or so of ******* around confirms this. People didn't learn to do melee samus's bomb super wave dash in a night. It takes a built-up memory of sound, image, and muscle.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT: more info.

For the wiz kick, I have one thing to add. I'm sure a lot of you are holding down while the kick is going and then just slide from Y to B around the A button much like you do for a Quake. However, one aspect of the Flight that I wasn't so fond of was that the lateral movement in the air is very limited, as is the case for ganon in the air at all times. However, if you hold down forward or down back while kicking then do the Y to B slide, you will launch at a significant angle forward or back. Very helpful. It allowed me to jump from the center of FD all the way to the far edge and hit a recovering foe with a fair and it also allows you to jump from the center of FD all the way back into a ledge grab. Pretty big range.

Side note: I can't believe we didn't accidentally discover this a few months ago when we were doing all the wiz kick cancel testing. I tested jump out of WKC with like every move possible, most of all being vB for quake investigation. I can't believe I didn't accidentally input the command a little to soon one time and end up with a Flight.

Lex Crunch

Smash Journeyman
I changed my L-Button to Special after seeing this. Definitely makes Ganny more interesting, but I'm somewhat afraid of what future this holds... I don't know, it's just some odd sense of foreboding...

Tenki

Smash Hero
I changed my L-Button to Special after seeing this. Definitely makes Ganny more interesting, but I'm somewhat afraid of what future this holds... I don't know, it's just some odd sense of foreboding...
So I was messing around with Metaknight and I found out that if you buffer it right, he goes flying just as high as Ganondorf.

just kidding

Anomilus

Smash Lord
NNID
Hyperdon
You can press and hold jump sooner than you think (buffer it, homie) but your down B must still happen with pretty good precision.
Oh I know. I was basing my jump on Mayor Tortimer's head on Smashville and getting decent results. Still gotta work on the timing though, but I know you really don't have to jump as high to pull it off.

CluelessBTD

Smash Ace
Oh I know. I was basing my jump on Mayor Tortimer's head on Smashville and getting decent results. Still gotta work on the timing though, but I know you really don't have to jump as high to pull it off.
Don't base it on that, you'll get too use to it and it will actually make you worse. Just do your first jump and at the very peak, jump+airdodge, wait till you're about to hit the ground and buffer your Jump+downB. It's pretty easy actually

Anomilus

Smash Lord
NNID
Hyperdon
That's exactly what I was practicing until my hand hurt. I actually was doing better when I was shortening my first jump. I used the Mayor to help get an idea where the DJ rings should show up. I think one of the two things I really need to keep in mind is that I'm pressing jump+airdodge as closely together as possible and that I don't press Up too soon causing me to merely Wizkick to the ground. (I use Tap Jump, BTW. Works just fine)

Well in any case I can't practice it now.

M15t3R E

Smash Master
For the non-wizkick method, I discovered that you can buffer the down in the jump+down-b part. Just hold down anytime during or directly after the air dodge (but before the point that holding down would result in a FF).

Lionman

Smash Champion
I still dont understand this tech, my english is poor, someone can make a video in youtube with stickers explaining step per step?

ShinGaruda

Smash Journeyman
I like using this once in a while in With Anyone mode. I could swear I actually heard "WTFBOOM" when I used Warlock Punch with it.

hyperstation

Smash Lord
For the non-wizkick method, I discovered that you can buffer the down in the jump+down-b part. Just hold down anytime during or directly after the air dodge (but before the point that holding down would result in a FF).
I would hope that anyone practicing this move was doing this anyway. Ganon mains are used to holding down during aerials in a manner with which to avoid FF. Calling it a buffer is a mistake though. Perhaps you said buffer because of the lack of a better term, but it's misleading. Also, you can hold down during the wizkick slide too, but this was already posted about ad infinitum.

Top Bottom