• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Crew 1's Weekly Brawl Hoedown at Rutgers

Eazy23

Smash Lord
Spam I wish the weekly would be melee. Do you think people will actually come? Honestly?
Like you would win it almost effortlessly, people love brawl cuz they have a chance lol
Yehs wouldn even show up to this probably, and at he is def better in melee than most of the other people who would show up from Rutgers atleast.
It would be an extremely low turnout bro.
Melee tourns are for the elite, not the brawl peasnt of the world LMAO

BUM163

Smash Lord
a new game people alwayz has chances because everyone starts from scratch. ya say melee is for the elite lmao. thatz funny. smash period is for babies that we turn into a fighting game. play sf or tekken or guilty gear. smash community only knows about smash. i have at least 12 fightin games in my house and i play them all and trust me, smash, whether itz smash 64, melee or brawl is the easiest game to get into.

ya can call melee a fightin game for elites cuz ya good in it, but honestly do not kid urself n say thatz a true fightin game lol. wake up.... smash is a childs game we turn pro like. melee took four years before it got like that.

erdrick9024

Smash Cadet
First post updated - basically just doubles this week. As much as I love Smash, I'd rather go out and party instead >_>. Anyway, doubles-legal stage input would be nice since I don't play doubles.

As for Melee, there's only this week, and May 2nd and 9th left. This week is out, but if either of those don't pose any problem, then maybe we could switch it up a little.

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
Spam I wish the weekly would be melee. Do you think people will actually come? Honestly?
Yes, I do. You want to know why? Because I can't name 10 people off the top of my head that actually enjoy playing Brawl more than Melee and think it's a better game.

Like you would win it almost effortlessly, people love brawl cuz they have a chance lol
Yehs wouldn even show up to this probably, and at he is def better in melee than most of the other people who would show up from Rutgers atleast.
Do you honestly think everyone who entered Leocon or the Brawl weeklies thought that they're going to win? I'm fairly certain they didn't. I didn't think I was certain of placing high enough to win money at the Tunes Biweekly but I still entered because it's Melee and I enjoy playing the game.

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
It would be an extremely low turnout bro.
Melee tourns are for the elite, not the brawl peasnt of the world LMAO
Yes! loves giving money to kashif :p i'd show up to a melee weekly. It's not the game it's the distance really. I've gone to every rutgers melee thing, and I still would. I heart both games :)

PRiDE

Smash Lord
doubles this friday? =( no PRiDE this week. =/ what ever will you do!

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Dave, the crocodiles ARE STILL HUNGRYYYY!! Pm me the results to Saturday's thing or the Sonic's coming to get ya!! "Automatically blocks anything Yes! says about my Sonic :p"

PRiDE

Smash Lord
SHaME will not be there either.. due to the fact that its teams and I am without partner.. SHaME will be in NYC doing singles. Maybe PRiDE will be there too.. I spent the whole day fooling around with new chars getting my butt handed to me by GDMIT .. MK did feel really comfortable after a while and so did Pit, but I couldn't finish him at all with pit. Must keep training...

Inui

Banned via Warnings
omg

For the love of God, don't allow Distant Planet, Shadow Moses Island, and Norfair. Onett, Mario Circuit, and Green Hill Zone are also insane, but not to the same degree.

No singles at all because you want to go out at night? For shame! Oh well.

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
Dave, the crocodiles ARE STILL HUNGRYYYY!! Pm me the results to Saturday's thing or the Sonic's coming to get ya!! "Automatically blocks anything Yes! says about my Sonic :p"
haha u knew i was gonna say something xD "hey let's taunt together!" cheater....:ohwell:
jk jk

but seriously keitaro you're gonna see a sonic that'll make ur head spin soon :)

Keitaro

Aww man, I learned some new stuff with Sonic already!! We gotta do a Sonic ditto best of 5 this Friday :)

Keitaro

Fake Rutgers Melee weekly results generated by Keitaro:

1st split: Teh Spamerer, Lord Knight, Inui
4th: Doyoung
5th: Keitaro & Eazy
7th: Yes!, Dave
etc...

There, what's the point of doing a Melee weekly when I can already give you the top results :p and no I don't have telopathy pawars.

Oh man, if it's only Brawl doubles then there's a high chance I won't be there but I still may be there but most likely no. I'd only go if I'm free but I'm not missing out on a Friday night activity for doubles whether Brawl or Melee.

Inui

Banned via Warnings

etc...

There, what's the point of doing a Melee weekly when I can already give you the top results :p and no I don't have telopathy pawars.

Oh man, if it's only Brawl doubles then there's a high chance I won't be there but I still may be there but most likely no. I'd only go if I'm free but I'm not missing out on a Friday night activity for doubles whether Brawl or Melee.
lulz, it's pretty true. If there's going to be Melee I'll practice that game again and become beastly once more.

ROT8, can we run singles after you leave? You said you just wanted to go out early.

teh_spamerer

Smash Master

etc...

It's KEITARO TIME! *holds down the A button*

Nah, see, that might not necessarily happen because doyoung could beat me twice with his ******** bull**** or beat Inui. The other thing is that we might actually get people in the NJ community besides us to come.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
lol @ Doyoung straight-up beating me

I've ***** him countless times wtf @ you saying that. Just because he can gay you doesn't mean he does the same to me.

Just say "Doyoung is Jigglypuff" and that's all. That means he can gay anyone.

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
lol @ Doyoung straight-up beating me

I've ***** him countless times wtf @ you saying that. Just because he can gay you doesn't mean he does the same to me.

Just say "Doyoung is Jigglypuff" and that's all. That means he can gay anyone.
Yeah he could straight up beat you if I 3 stocked your Ganondorf with Luigi. No johns.

Keitaro

lol, I was joking. I'd love a Melee weekly and I know many would come :D

Doyoung does do alot of bs in Melee. One day I can barely barely barely lose a set round 3 to him "**** brinstar" then the same **** day he'll f-ing 3 and 2 stock me. WTFFFFFF!!!

PRiDE

Smash Lord
booo doubles suck.. melee sucks. RU weeklies are starting to suck!

mk sucks
ddd sucks
wolf sucks

yeah i said it

erdrick9024

Smash Cadet
ROT8, can we run singles after you leave? You said you just wanted to go out early.
By all means, go ahead. But I'm taking anything that's mine (Wii, screens, laptop), so come prepared.

Hear that, PRiDE? Singles. And I'll team with you if you want.

As for future events, I just realized today that next Friday is Rutgersfest. I don't know if any of you care much for that, but it may effect things. Then the one after that is during finals. I personally have a final before the event, I don't know about the rest of you all.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Yeah he could straight up beat you if I 3 stocked your Ganondorf with Luigi. No johns.
I'd actually spend a few hours warming up instead of playing Ganondorf for the second time of the day after not playing Melee for a month.

By all means, go ahead. But I'm taking anything that's mine (Wii, screens, laptop), so come prepared.

Hear that, PRiDE? Singles. And I'll team with you if you want.

As for future events, I just realized today that next Friday is Rutgersfest. I don't know if any of you care much for that, but it may effect things. Then the one after that is during finals. I personally have a final before the event, I don't know about the rest of you all.
Yeah, we can manage.

Team with ROT8, PRiDE!

Don't know what that is.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
$1 MM, Luigi vs Ganondorf in Melee, best of 5? We can do it this Friday.
I'm going to spend hours warming up in Melee for a dollar I might not even win? I'd also have to adjust back to Melee after playing Brawl and vice versa and stuff...eh. Not worth it. I'd only warm up for Melee if there was a tournament, like I planned on doing for the Tunes thing before I found out I couldn't go.

Let's just run Brawl singles after this teams tournament. I'd even be happy with Melee singles if some warm-up time is given and people actually want to do it.

Eazy23

Smash Lord
MAAAAAAAN
I'd get third end of story
MM anyone who disagrees besides Do's jigohlee!

or his fox n falco:(

Eazy23

Smash Lord
Remember the way brackets work?
U cud easily be taken out by those 2 and get like 70th place lulz
N even so, I have been trained by the Spamming one, I can never lose 2 sheik. Im sorry Inui, it's just the way it is.You're better off using zelda.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Seed the stupid brackets, then!

I'm one of the ones that trained Spam and he owns me so hard now. Maybe you will one day own him.

Eazy23

Smash Lord
YES THAT DAY WILL COME VERY SOON!!!!
Im learning his weaknesses bit by bit, soon the tears of **** will flow down the cheek of the wooly spammoth!

Keitaro

lol, what the hell are you guys talking about.

Anywayz, since I heard it was doubles a while ago even if there's a possibility of singles now, I'll only be there if for some reason I'm doing nothing Friday night which is like a 5% chance.

BUM163

Smash Lord
ighttt new announcement as to wednesday and thursday. this is wat i'm goin for. instead of brawl being wendesday and thursday, i wanna cater to all. i want it to be afterschool/work special wit games as brawl, melee, street fighter 3rd strike, tekken 5 and ya get the picture.. thatz an example as to wat i wanna do. i wanna be able 2 attract all types of customers and show them the gaming community is big. the place is web2zone and i work from 6pm to 10pm, but i will go like at 3 cause i know people rather go earlier. if u need to know directions or train 2 get there, message me on aim which is oni163 or i can give u the number to the store.

BUM163

Smash Lord
the address is 54 cooper square newyork, newyork zipcode is 10003 usa. number to contact me in store is 1 212 614 7300.

Top Bottom