• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Characters for Project M Discussion Thread (Voting Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Giygacoal

Smash Lord
we have Toon Link as a playable character, yet a train conductor in one of the 3DS stages.
That doesn't count. Wind Waker Link and Train Conductor Link are two different people. You're right about the Dedede thing, though.

I feel like this would be nearly the perfect size for Ridley in Project M. It was made by Angelglory.
Are these models scaled to Project M size? I know Bowser's supposed to be really big.

Also, if Ridley really makes it in, we NEED this throw in which he pulls/drags/whatever the opponent on the ground. It's as cool as Seismic Toss.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5s9HwnGMAg

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Eh.... In the end, it's probably for the best that PM:BR stops at Roy and Mewtwo.
I don't know.. things were more than fine as they were.

I just happened to like the idea of reviving dropped characters (Roy, Mewtwo, Pichu), and reviving dropped CONCEPTS of characters (Sukapon, and maybe Balloon Fighter who was supposed to be in Ice Climbers' place at the beginning).

But when it starts to get complicated, my hype and interest starts going down.

But I have faith in PM:BR, they haven't disappointed so far. (Well... other than tampering with Sonic, which kinda screwed me, a Sonic main who stuck it to his bad moveset, lol, but at least it's amusing to see more variety and references to a lot of Sonic games through the new moveset). :rotfl:

For now, I anxiously await Samus. I just hope a lot of people don't ask for her to crawl on all fours because she was MEANT to crawl in the first Metroid. :awesome:

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
Yeah the main character is called Shulk and he have a sword called Monado if you look in to google for images is the red strange looking sword and the abilities of the characters are varied from each character still they use moves called arts that are like especial powers and main physical attacks.

The series is from a Second Party and the company is called Monolith Soft (the creators of Xenogears and Xenosaga), now this company is owned by Nintendo like Intelligent Systems and Game Freak, so yeah Sakurai can use the character to be playable in Smash like Marth or Pikachu.

.n_n.

Good to know.. So I think we should be talking about Shulk a bit for P:M. Marth Ike or Link could be used as a base for him!

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
Eh.... In the end, it's probably for the best that PM:BR stops at Roy and Mewtwo.
I don't know.. things were more than fine as they were.

I just happened to like the idea of reviving dropped characters (Roy, Mewtwo, Pichu), and reviving dropped CONCEPTS of characters (Sukapon, and maybe Balloon Fighter who was supposed to be in Ice Climbers' place at the beginning).

But when it starts to get complicated, my hype and interest starts going down.

But I have faith in PM:BR, they haven't disappointed so far. (Well... other than tampering with Sonic, which kinda screwed me, a Sonic main who stuck it to his bad moveset, lol, but at least it's amusing to see more variety and references to a lot of Sonic games through the new moveset). :rotfl:

For now, I anxiously await Samus. I just hope a lot of people don't ask for her to crawl on all fours because she was MEANT to crawl in the first Metroid. :awesome:

Ya.. whatever they do, I'll be happy with. They've already blown my mind. Its just interesting to speculate and see what other people think.

Also I would guess that right now their main concern will be to complete the roster for winter. IF any other mind exploding reveals happen, itll be in 2014.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
That doesn't count. Wind Waker Link and Train Conductor Link are two different people. You're right about the Dedede thing, though.

Are these models scaled to Project M size? I know Bowser's supposed to be really big.

Also, if Ridley really makes it in, we NEED this throw in which he pulls/drags/whatever the opponent on the ground. It's as cool as Seismic Toss.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5s9HwnGMAg
It's not scaled to the Project M size, but I imagine they wouldn't need to adjust his size, even with Bowser being larger.

Fortress

Smash Master
I'm fine with you telling me I made mistakes for this move set, I just put together something that seemed cool to me and could work nicely. That being said, I wanted to mention this as well.. At least the move set I have suggested for Ray (even if it is not perfect, and I absolutely would be open for revised ideas) is still in SOME way representative of his moves in his game.
It can't just "seem cool to you". It has to work, and for a reason. This kind of but it would just be sooooo awesome attitude is reason why more than a few people are staunchly opposed to anything you've had to say. It's that sort of but isn't this awwwwesome-type fanboyism that comes off as lacking of depth and critical thought. I gave you a better example of what the Ray should be able to do if the populous of the planet save for you died, and you were the sole person able to put Ray into the game.

I can't understand how you guys think Melee and Brawl Ganondorf is properly represented. I'll give you PARTIALLY represented at most, but that's not good enough for me.
See, it's this. The whole "I don't think it's right, and I had this in mind, and me, me, me" kind of crap that makes me disagree with every single one of your points, if nothing else. Yes, Ganondorf's moveset on the whole isn't a carbon copy of the attacks he used throughout the series he appeared in, but that's not a bad thing. Fox, Falco, Wolf, and the good Captain have all made it work for them. Ganondorf is portrayed as just being flat-out powerful; physically and in the magic arts. Who cares if he wasn't properly represented in Melee. You really care about how he was portrayed in Melee, twelve years ago? It's ancient history.

You can't just say "well, the Ganon playerbase can still play 'Ganon', and always have the real Ganon with his new moveset!"; do you even realize how much that alienates Ganon mains? It's like if you were to take Fox and Falco, stick them onto a new slot with no deflectors, no fire recovery, no side-specials in the way we know them, retexture and remodel their old characters, and tell them to get over it. That's basically how you're wanting to treat Ganondorf mains. You have a get over it kind of attitude towards a large chunk of the playerbase, and it's really just not acceptable. You can argue your little points all you'd like, throw up all of your beta videos of Ocarina, but none of it is going to matter at all. Ganondorf's character is set in stone. It's done. PMBR is never going to change a veteran of the cast so drastically that he's a completely different character. If you want a retextured Black Shadow so that it doesn't feel so gross to be Ganondorf, then go get one.

Ganondorf was here first, god damnit.

Another argument I don't understand by the way is when you guys say that "Ganondorf doesn't have a lot of screen time and its extremely difficult to pick out a move set for him from his games".
Because Ganondorf doesn't get that much screentime. Most of the time you see him, he's just talking about scheming and getting babes and what have you. I don't know what else that could possibly sound like. It's like you've never played a game in the series.

I am not a game developer
and I pieced together a fantastic move set for him
You can only choose one. You either know how to do it, or you don't. You're either skilled with developing movesets, matchups, balances, et cetera, or you're not. Pick one.

Making him a clone in the first place was a sheer act of laziness.
Fair enough. But go tell that to all of the Luigi, Falco, Young/Toon Link, and Roy players out there. I'm sure they'll tell you all about how their characters are exactly the same in every way.

So play Ganondorf with his actual proper moves then.
Everybody will continue to do so; with the proper and real moves that he was given in Smash Bros. How much more "proper" can you get with a moveset that was established within the game itself.

Its a perfectly logical solution, and we true Ganondorf move set enthusiasts are at least being reasonable and thinking of possible solutions to make everyone happy.
The problem that you're not understanding is that your ideas won't make everybody happy. They'll never make everybody happy, whether it's you, Sakurai, or whomever making the calls. You're especially not going to make everybody happen when you take hundreds of players' favorite character, retexture him, and tell him that 'he's the same'. Ganon mains want to play Ganondorf; the fist-throwing, heavyset, brick ****house that they have grown to love over the life of the Smash Bros. series, not some F-Zero clone, and certainly not a new Ganondorf with a new moveset that may or may not be what they're inclined to play. You can't just give a big "**** you" to the Ganondorf playerbase like that, and there is nothing that anybody can say that can convince you at all, that Ganondorf needs to stay the way he is, out of tradition if nothing else. He was here first. Black Shadow can eat it.

I really don't care about the well established argument.
Then keep trying to argue your point, and keep wondering why nobody will take you seriously. Go on, and keep disregarding entirely one of the core points of the argument in favor of keeping Ganondorf as-is; something that will happen anyway, no matter how much arguing we do here.

... Were you guys upset when the dashing uppercut was replaced by the flame choke?
Are you kidding? Ganonciding is goddamned cash money. Plus it sweetspots ledges. It should make a "cha-ching" sound whenever it lands, as a matter of fact.

AND why do you keep saying 3 titles? He hasn't even been confirmed in SSB4 yet. And frankly if its between him being a clone and not being in the game I don't even care if they excluded him.
Because if he appears, and I see no reasons as to why he shouldn't, just as much as I see no reasons as to why he should, he'll likely remain, on-the-whole, the same character.

Chzrm3

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3926-5442-3703
Question... I don't know much about Xenoblade, other than the fact that it looks awesome :p

Would anyone from there be a potential candidate? Or is Xenoblade not a nintendo franchise?

I've played that game, it's really good. Has a light version of MM's day and night cycle (not nearly as fleshed out as MM, but it's still nice to see that in games), and some nice tactical depth in the combat.

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
You can only choose one. You either know how to do it, or you don't. You're either skilled with developing movesets, matchups, balances, et cetera, or you're not. Pick one.

I think you're missing my point, or you're just trying to be condescending.

Either way, what I am TRYING to point out i already said in my previous post, but I'll say it again. It is very easy to IMAGINE another move set for Ganondorf. making the argument that "oh its too hard to make a move set for him because he doesn't have a lot of in game appearances" is bull crap. A professional game developer could sit down and put like 10 minutes of thought into a move set for Ganondorf, and he would have a great base to WORK WITH. After this first 10 minutes, the game developer would take the next month/months creating the animations, and "PSA" coding to create this move set, and then test it, balance it, test it again, balance it again, test it some more, balance some more, tweak, tweak, tweak, tweak, tweak.... UNTIL ITS PERFECT!

DURRRRR very difficult to understand this?

Are you kidding? Ganonciding is goddamned cash money. Plus it sweetspots ledges. It should make a "cha-ching" sound whenever it lands, as a matter of fact.

Oh, very convenient.. they changed his move.. for the better? WHHAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!????????????? THATS POSSIBLE?? HOLY CRAPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BRAIN EXPLOSIONNN!!!!

Chzrm3

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3926-5442-3703
We should just rename this thread to "Ganondorf general".

Fortress

Smash Master
what I am TRYING to point out i already said in my previous post, but I'll say it again. It is very easy to IMAGINE another move set for Ganondorf. making the argument that "oh its too hard to make a move set for him because he doesn't have a lot of in game appearances" is bull crap.
Show me anywhere I said "it's too hard". Go on, go point it out to me. I'll wait right here. I'll save you the time and let you know that I never said it was hard. Just that Ganondorf simply doesn't get much screentime. At all. In any game. Ever. None of my points against your arguments for Ganondorf have been in regards to impracticality, or difficulty to implement. Just that it'd be a huge **** move to the Ganondorf-maining portion of the community.

A professional game developer could sit down and put like 10 minutes of thought into a move set for Ganondorf, and he would have a great base to WORK WITH.
Gee whiz, I wonder why after the twelve years he's been in these titles, that none of these professionals and minute-by-minute players of the game haven't thought of anything for him? It's because he's fine as is. Your thoughts represent a microscopic portion of the community. On the whole, people think Ganondorf is fine as is. If there was a problem, he wouldn't be who he is right now.

After this first 10 minutes, the game developer would take the next month/months creating the animations, and "PSA" coding to create this move set, and then test it, balance it, test it again, balance it again, test it some more, balance some more, tweak, tweak, tweak, tweak, tweak.... UNTIL ITS PERFECT!
Oh, hey, it's like what PM:BR are doing. Fancy that, huh?

DURRRRR very difficult to understand this?
Oh, very convenient.. they changed his move.. for the better? WHHAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!????????????? THATS POSSIBLE?? HOLY CRAPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BRAIN EXPLOSIONNN!!!!
Ever the mature one. Ad hominem is going to get you absolutely nowhere. I think my "immature, fanboyish attitude" argument is made clear. If you're going to want me to continue taking you seriously and discussing my point of view with you, then act like you would like me to. Quit screaming, quit the name-calling and 'hurr-durr"-type trash-talking, and we can continue to spitball our thoughts back and forth as we have been.

If you're concerned as to why I'm condescending, that's why.

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
The problem that you're not understanding is that your ideas won't make everybody happy. They'll never make everybody happy, whether it's you, Sakurai, or whomever making the calls. You're especially not going to make everybody happen when you take hundreds of players' favorite character, retexture him, and tell him that 'he's the same'. Ganon mains want to play Ganondorf; the fist-throwing, heavyset, brick ****house that they have grown to love over the life of the Smash Bros. series, not some F-Zero clone, and certainly not a new Ganondorf with a new moveset that may or may not be what they're inclined to play. You can't just give a big "**** you" to the Ganondorf playerbase like that, and there is nothing that anybody can say that can convince you at all, that Ganondorf needs to stay the way he is, out of tradition if nothing else. He was here first. Black Shadow can eat it.

I think this is very narrow minded. Black shadow can also be a bada** brick house and all the other stuff you said, and he is the main villain of F-Zero. I don't get why it has to be Ganondorf. I really think people have attachment problems... Furthermore, it really doesn't even HAVE to be Black Shadow if you really hate him that much. I did mention keeping TP ganon and bringing in OOT ganon. And others mentioned Demise and Ganon as well.

I know you're just gona come up with another argument that I'm gona disagree with so just don't for this part at least cause we need to start just agreeing to disagree with things.

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
Stay classy.
So says the Guy who uses "furries from dA" and "..horrible fanbase" as an argument against Sonic characters. Real classy. Hope you realize you are using bias AND discrimination against a singular fanbase you aren't even a part of. In short, speak for yourself.

Fortress

Smash Master
I know you're just gona come up with another argument that I'm gona disagree with so just don't for this part at least cause we need to start just agreeing to disagree with things.
You're right, and I'll attempt to maturely voice my concern.

I think this is very narrow minded. Black shadow can also be a bada** brick house and all the other stuff you said, and he is the main villain of F-Zero. I don't get why it has to be Ganondorf.
And a majority of the community is likely going to think that your point of view is narrow-minded; wanting to take away somebody's main, in a sense, is extremely narrow-minded. It has to be Ganondorf at this point simply because he's been around. He was here first. You're talking about putting Black Shadow into the game. Somebody who would make just as little sense to anybody who's played F-Zero as you feel of Ganondorf; when is Black Shadow ever punching people? Cap. Falcon only does it in some old comic, once, and we accept punching things as the heart of his character. So, why does Black Shadow make any more sense to you than Ganondorf?

I really think people have attachment problems...
It's not that there's a problem, and it's not about attachment; you're talking about offing a veteran of the series, and not even changing anything about the character who would take his place. There'd be absolutely no point except to appease fanboys of the LoZ series.

Furthermore, it really doesn't even HAVE to be Black Shadow if you really hate him that much. I did mention keeping TP ganon and bringing in OOT ganon. And others mentioned Demise and Ganon as well.
It doesn't have to be anybody. If Ganondorf's twelve years in the series as largely the same character is any indication at all, he doesn't need to be anybody else. At all.

Fortress

Smash Master
So says the Guy who uses "furries from dA" and "..horrible fanbase" as an argument against Sonic characters. Real classy. Hope you realize you are using bias AND discrimination against a singular fanbase you aren't even a part of. In short, speak for yourself.
He's not wrong, though. Autism the Original Character (Don't steal)* has a freaky fanbase. Granted, it's what most of us see, and not more of the normals who enjoy it, but there are some creepy people who more than love it, as well.

I know there are plenty of regular folk who enjoy the Sonic series, but there's some freaky **** out there in regards to its fanbase, and it's more than a small minority of it.

*trademark

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
Show me anywhere I said "it's too hard". Go on, go point it out to me. I'll wait right here. I'll save you the time and let you know that I never said it was hard. Just that Ganondorf simply doesn't get much screentime. At all. In any game. Ever. None of my points against your arguments for Ganondorf have been in regards to impracticality, or difficulty to implement. Just that it'd be a huge **** move to the Ganondorf-maining portion of the community.

Sorry if I said YOU said that, or seemed like that's what I was saying. I will have to look through the forum to find the exact quote, but you or someone else arguing your points mentioned that because of his lack of appearances it would be very difficult to come up with a good move set. And I simply disagree with that. Even if it is incredibly difficult to do, it should be done (at least by nintendo).

Gee whiz, I wonder why after the twelve years he's been in these titles, that none of these professionals and minute-by-minute players of the game haven't thought of anything for him? It's because he's fine as is. Your thoughts represent a microscopic portion of the community. On the whole, people think Ganondorf is fine as is. If there was a problem, he wouldn't be who he is right now.
It is the way it is right now because 1. they cloned him in melee which already created a bad start., and 2. since it works now, and they decided to leave it that way because they're too lazy to change it.

The decision is probably something like.. oh, well we could change it to make the people who want us to change it happy, but that would make the other people unhappy (because we're a bunch of idiots who decided to make him a clone in the first place) so we'll just keep it as is.

Oh, hey, it's like what PM:BR are doing. Fancy that, huh?
K.. ya, I agree.. don't get what you're point is here though.

Ever the mature one. Ad hominem is going to get you absolutely nowhere. I think my "immature, fanboyish attitude" argument is made clear. If you're going to want me to continue taking you seriously and discussing my point of view with you, then act like you would like me to. Quit screaming, quit the name-calling and 'hurr-durr"-type trash-talking, and we can continue to spitball our thoughts back and forth as we have been.

If you're concerned as to why I'm condescending, that's why.
K well I'm just kidding around, don't take that stuff to heart.. I think you can tell the difference when I'm being reasonable and when I'm just being silly. But if you don't appreciate it I apologize and will stop.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
He's not wrong, though. Autism the Original Character (Don't steal)*, has a freaky fanbase. Granted, it's what most of us see, and not more of the normals who enjoy it, but there are some creepy people who more than love it, as well.

*trademark
For examples check out Chris Chan.

I myself am the 33% of the fanbase that people don`t see, the people who can take criticism don`t hunt down people for not agreeing with me, and don`t need to be put in monkey cages just because Sonic Lost World gets a 6.8 on IGN.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Why do you think so many people are against an additional Sonic character?

Also, I was listing those as reasons why people have a negative perception of the Sonic fanbase (people will list furries, deviantart, originalcaracterdonutsteel, praising bad/mediocre games as reasons for why they despise that fanbase).

Like I said, go make a topic somewhere asking what they think about the Sonic fanbase and why it has a negative perception, and you will find them repeat what I was saying.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
For examples check out Chris Chan.

I myself am the 33% of the fanbase that people don`t see, the people who can take criticism don`t hunt down people for not agreeing with me, and don`t need to be put in monkey cages just because Sonic Lost World gets a 6.8 on IGN.
Not sure what you're getting at in this post.

Personally, I am one of those people that loved Sonic back when I was a kid, but didn't quite take a liking to his 3D outtings. Sonic was my most wanted character for Brawl after Ridley, and I was extremely happy to see him because I really loved the Genesis/MegaDrive Sonic games.

I am also very happy to see Sonic has returned for Smash 4.

However, as it stands, Sonic is a guest, and guests don't bring friends that weren't invited (Smash Bros. above all else is a series for Nintendo characters, or more specifically Nintendo All-Stars).

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
Not sure what you're getting at in this post.

Personally, I am one of those people that loved Sonic back when I was a kid, but didn't quite take a liking to his 3D outtings. Sonic was my most wanted character for Brawl after Ridley, and I was extremely happy to see him because I really loved the Genesis/MegaDrive Sonic games.

I am also very happy to see Sonic has returned for Smash 4.

However, as it stands, Sonic is a guest, and guests don't bring friends that weren't invited (Smash Bros. above all else is a series for Nintendo characters, or more specifically Nintendo All-Stars).
I agree with you 100%, in hindsight my post contributes nothing to this conversation. I was just saying that there is a part of the sonic fanbase that isn`t insane. One sonic character is enough.

Sanity's_Theif

Smash Ace
Stay classy.
They weren't insults, simply observations and opinions, but if that's the best retort you have to defend the obvious insignificance of this thread's "poll" then that's all that really needs to be said I guess

In the end I don't think anyone has to worry, the PMBR has been smart about using their own judgement and ignoring stupidity thrown around by people, I think it's safe to say this thread shows little importance regarding their decisions regarding any additional characters, if they even add any more, in all honesty I'm fine with just Mewtwo and Roy, I doubt there will be any other characters that don't have strong opposition in some form

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
They weren't insults, simply observations and opinions, but if that's the best retort you have to defend the obvious insignificance of this thread's "poll" then that's all that really needs to be said I guess

In the end I don't think anyone has to worry, the PMBR has been smart about using their own judgement and ignoring stupidity thrown around by people, I think it's safe to say this thread shows little importance regarding their decisions regarding any additional characters, if they even add any more, in all honesty I'm fine with just Mewtwo and Roy, I doubt there will be any other characters that don't have strong opposition in some form
There are plenty of people in this thread not being ignorant or stupid. Don't just apply a blank statement to everyone, its extremely condescending and disingenuous.

Secondly, I have brought up many legitimate points in this thread.

Anti Guy

Couch Tomato
BRoomer
NNID
CouchTomato87
Yeah the main character is called Shulk and he have a sword called Monado if you look in to google for images is the red strange looking sword and the abilities of the characters are varied from each character still they use moves called arts that are like especial powers and main physical attacks.

The series is from a Second Party and the company is called Monolith Soft (the creators of Xenogears and Xenosaga), now this company is owned by Nintendo like Intelligent Systems and Game Freak, so yeah Sakurai can use the character to be playable in Smash like Marth or Pikachu.

.n_n.

Yes, Shulk would be possible for Smash 4, but NOT P:M. He does not appear in Brawl in any form (well the game didn't come out until after Brawl), so discussing Shulk is not for this thread.

It doesn't even represent that with such low numbers

Do you really think a handful of random people on a forum supporting a character = a lot of support for the character?

This is the stupidity I'm worried about

You're an angry dude, man. But I guess that's what happen when you steal sanity?

Anyways, you keep ranting about how people here don't represent anything. Consider two things:

1) This is not a typical game you buy in the stores. You have to be a fan enough of Smash Bros to go out and download it. Most of the people who are savvy enough to do that will be forum goers, and this is the official forum for P:M. The voices here are MUCH more representative of the fan base than some Joe Shmo fan site. In fact, they're more representative of P:M fans and players than Smashboards is for Smash Bros because the former encompasses most of the players (many of them already counting as hardcore enough to get a mod), while the latter is mainly representative of only hardcore fans, and not so much the casual ones.

2) Power of statistics. You can never poll the whole population. How do you think all the stat bureaus work? They poll a sample, and if you have enough responders, you can apply that to the general population. The more votes you have, the more statistical power you have. We have like at least 30 voters at least. 30 is enough to make conclusions with a certain degree of certainty. For example, if 90% of those 30 say they want Character X to be in, then we can say that most people want that character. However, if only 60% do, then eh. Now if 300 people were polled, that 60% would look a lot stronger. I'm not gonna bore you with the math, but the data we have here is enough to make safe conclusions about the extremes (most liked and most hated).

And yes, like I said, there are stupid votes, coming from possibly stupid people. Who gives a ****. It's background noise. It's always part of the polling. You have Americans who think the craziest ****, and they vote in our elections. But their radical views are (hopefully) drowned out by the more sensible masses.

Now, Ganondorf/Black Shadow
Goddamnit people. Learn to agree to disagree

You're not going to change each other's opinions.

You're not adding anything new to the argument at the moment.

The most you can hope for is to change the minds of people who are on the borderline. One person already did. So just shut up about the subject and let it takes its course. Like I said in the OP, subjective vs objective. You've said your opinions (subjective), now let the objective data do the rest of the talking.

Now I will say this about Ganondorf again. This suggestion is a special case because it is the only one that affects current players (Ganondorf players). So even though most voters are in favor of the Black Shadow / Ganondorf combo, I believe it's an asterisk. The best way to assess the idea is to poll Ganondorf mains and see what they think. All we can conclude is that the general population here is mostly in favor of Black Shadow / Ganondorf, but we can't make the conclusion about Ganon mains. That's it. I'm not putting any opinion or bias into these statements.

And on characters that will have haters. Characters will ALWAYS have haters. It's not just a speculative character thing, come on. Way back in the day when people were learning about the Melee (yes, Melee) characters, when Mr. Game & Watch was leaked, one guy was freaking about how he wouldn't believe it. It was too stupid. Mr. Gay & Watch. People hated Pichu. People didn't like how Ganondorf was cloned. When Brawl came, some people didn't like the idea of ROB. Some people didn't like Toon Link. Ohhhh yeah, this **** happened. The point is, you can NEVER make anyone happy. The whole point of this "exercise" is to figure out who makes the most people happy. And for those that aren't happy, if you see that the majority look the other way, then suck it up and realize that your opinion is in the minority.

foshio

Smash Journeyman
Some of the assist trophies would be awesome. Little mac, Saki, Kat and Ana (based off iceclimbers).

Darkevilprice995

Smash Cadet
Isaac Isaac Isaac!

Blahblahblahhehasamodelblahblahhismovesetcouldbecleverblah

I'm not really convinced anyone else should be added, I feel like most franchises are represented fairly and that more additions increases the chances of bad things happening. Ridley and Lyn would be cool (though I'd prefer Hector because his personality is so fantastic). Otherwise nobody's really sticking out as I'd say the kongs have a good chance at appearing in Wiiyouland. I strongly disagree with the idea of more third party; I like my nintendo.hak nintendo. Shulk would be so perfect, but for some wierd reason SSBB came out in like 2006 I mean whose idea was that?

Goddamnit people. Learn to agree to disagree

You're not going to change each other's opinions.
I disagree, and will now commence hating you because of it. Scum.

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
(+1)
Toad - Lets be honest here. He's probably not going to make it into Smash4. Bowser Junior seems to have jumped into the only likely Mario character for Smash4. Toad is the Mario rep we should be adding into this game. He's got plenty of things going for him and an easy moveset. He's been here since the 1980's and recently he's lately been playable everywhere...but Smash.
Isaac - Literally, the most agreeable character within the PM community. He's got tons of potential and definitely brings something new to the table.
Dixie Kong - Lucky Kong #3. DK is already underrepped in Smash. 3x Protagonist. Plus, she's got plenty abilities and even new ones from Tropical Freeze (Orange grenades, her spinning ponytail, bubblegum gun, exploding/rolling barrels, hair ground pound, her standard attack from the DKC series). Plus she's a female.
K.Rool - The main DK enemy really needs no introductions. He's perfect for Smash and his moveset writes itself.
Ridley - He's the most wanted character for Smash 4.

(-1)
Waluigi - He's not important, period.
Toon Zelda - Do we really need to clone the main cast of Zelda to be toons?
Paper Mario - No more Mario's. I want a new character, not an alternate form of the same character.
Krystal - We do NOT need a 4th Starfox Character. Not now, not even in Smash4.
Pichu - Just because he got in Melee, does not mean he deserves to take the spot of any of these new characters. Let the gag rest with Melee.

Honorable mention
Lyn - I honestly don't see what she adds other than being a female. She's a sword user and a FE rep that just got Roy making 3.

Eisen

Smash Ace
NNID
AndroidPolaris
Okay, nothing personal to anybody, but I've merely skimmed through this thread and seen way more Pichu upvotes than there should be.

I just.... don't understand. Why? Why, why why? Assuming all 5 slots would even be used up at some point in PM's development, why on Earth can anyone in their right mind feel like Pichu deserves to even be CONSIDERED? He was bottom tier in Melee, a joke character, not a fan-favorite Pokemon, and most importantly, just a weaker version of Pikachu. Let's not forget there's already 7 Pokemon playable in Project M. Seven. That's more than MARIO, and Mario's like the ****ing poster-child franchise of Nintendo. Come on.

I don't understand what's so hard about just being reasonable and wanting Pikachu to have an alt costume like Doctor Mario (Whom was ALSO for SOME REASON[?????] also a consideration for some people as a clone character) that's simply Pichu. Boom; it's Pichu but 50 times better, and no clone character slot used. This character should not even be an OPTION for voting for, not when there's debate still on which of several series need to be rep'd/rep'd more.

D

Deleted member

On the duo characters...

Can that even be done?

Afaik, Olimar and the IC haven't been added due to programing complications regarding the AI with those two. Sakurai ran into a similar problem with Smash 4 3DS...

Just saiyan for all those voting duo characters like Plusle-Minum (which, fyi, isn't what PraiMai is 'pra' is impossible to write in Japanese, it would be 'pura'), and Kat and Ana.

TheNotSoShyGuy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheNotSoShyGuy
I would say the characters I would love to see in Project M would be:

Waluigi - I have always been a huge fan of him, even if he is probably the most controversial Mario character period, he has a charm to him. He has enough quirkiness that I think warrants his arrival. I think Waluigi could be like the Deadpool of Mario, where he does the most wackiest things just because he can. I mean in Mario Power Tennis for GCN, his defensive power shot is him swimming in air. SWIMMING IN AIR. Even though he may not be that important of a character in the Mario universe, I honestly think that if any Mario character makes it in, it should be him, to give him a shot of wowing everyone with what he could do in the spotlight.

Isaac - Golden Sun is a game I remember playing a lot. His Psynergy does pose some interesting possibilities, and since he can equip 4 different elemental Djinn, he can use the different elements, Earth, Fire, Wind, Water. (Venus, Mars, Jupiter, and Mercury) Fighting with Isaac would probably be a very a great experience.

Little Mac - Probably the character I want most in a smash game that hasn't been announced (aside from Waluigi.) He also may be the most challenging character to implement due to how little he has to work with. The only way I could see him in is if Doc Louis "teaches" Mac to use some moves from Bald Bull, Mr. Sandman, and Super Macho Man (probably others too) and he uses those moves in the "Smash Circuit." It is definitely doable, and if it is done well, I would be really happy to use him.

I do not have any characters that I don't want in PM, because of either
A. I do not want to put down any characters that other people like.
B. I am open to anyone. Like which each PM version, I'll try the new characters to see if I like them. You never know...

A final point I have to add is the announcer on the CSS. I'm not a brawl modder by any means so I may be totally wrong about this, but will the PMBR do anything for the announcer voice if they can't get a good voice sample? Like say revoice the entire cast with a brand new announcer? I mean if new characters do make the cut, then they need an announcer right?

UberAndrew

Smash Cadet
+1
King K. Rool.- My first and biggest vote. Not only do we need more Donkey Kong Country representation he'd complete the circle of evil Kings. He'd be generally the same size as Bowser, although since he stands more upright maybe a little taller. He's had such diverse roles that there's plenty of move options, from throwing his crown, blasting with his gun or slugging a Liitle Mac grade boxing punch.

Anthony Higgs (Metroid Other M)- Whether you liked Other M or not you can't deny it happened nor can you deny he's a canon Metroid character. He's a Federation Marine so he has a plethora of weapons at his disposal, from heavy hitting Plasma guns to quick but dainty Ice Guns. He'd give the Metroid series more representation plus he'd be the first Black character.

Geno (SMRPG) - If the PMBR were to ever break the rule of only adding characters that appeared in Brawl it should be for him. One of the most requested characters for Smash and a icon of one of the greatest Mario games. A lot like Megaman in Smash 4 he'd mainly have projectiles, a lot of attacks that deal damage from a distance but not give a lot of knock back.

Ganondorf Sword Mode - Okay, here me out first. He'd be selected the same way you select Zero Suit Samus in vBrawl, by holding the shoulder buttons while you select regular Gandorf. He'd mainly be about swordplay but he'd probably have some magic thrown in, like his tennis blast he's known for.
+1/2
Ridley - Although the Metroid series does need more representation I just know if it should be from Ridley. Sure he could have a devestating moveset but he'd pretty much be a purple Charizard. Also they would have to seriouly nerf his size, which takes away what makes him so awesome.

Waluigi - He'd be a representation of the Mario sports series just like his assist trophy and he'd complete the circle of Plumbers. Overall he's just not an interesting character and it feels like there's enough Mario representation as it is.

Bowser Jr - Just because he's Bowser son doesn't mean he has to be be a clone, his moveset could include his magic paintbrush. He'd be a lot quicker and lighter than Bowser but put out much less damage. Instead of breathing fire like Bowser he could shoot out a horizontally moving fireball, kinda like Luigi, but there wiuld be a larger space between ahooting another one but it's be stronger.

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
Okay, nothing personal to anybody, but I've merely skimmed through this thread and seen way more Pichu upvotes than there should be.

I just.... don't understand. Why? Why, why why? Assuming all 5 slots would even be used up at some point in PM's development, why on Earth can anyone in their right mind feel like Pichu deserves to even be CONSIDERED? He was bottom tier in Melee, a joke character, not a fan-favorite Pokemon, and most importantly, just a weaker version of Pikachu. Let's not forget there's already 7 Pokemon playable in Project M. Seven. That's more than MARIO, and Mario's like the ****ing poster-child franchise of Nintendo. Come on.

I don't understand what's so hard about just being reasonable and wanting Pikachu to have an alt costume like Doctor Mario (Whom was ALSO for SOME REASON[?????] also a consideration for some people as a clone character) that's simply Pichu. Boom; it's Pichu but 50 times better, and no clone character slot used. This character should not even be an OPTION for voting for, not when there's debate still on which of several series need to be rep'd/rep'd more.

Because Pichu wasn't a weaker version of Pikachu. He was stronger, faster, smaller, and had a completely different playstyle. The only reasons why he's lower tier than Pikachu is his weight and reduced movepool due to the "don't get hit" playstyle of Smash Bros. He was a really unique character who's mechanic has a lot of potential as something great were it actually balanced properly. As for the low tier argument, I guess all those people who were crossing their fingers for Mewtwo were wrong to do so, right? And be reasonable, do you honestly expect the PMBR to use all 7 slots? Like, ever? Pichu is the last unrepresented character from the Melee roster and should return as a unique fighter. Just because you didn't spend the time to learn how to play as Pichu properly doesn't mean he has nothing to offer.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Because Pichu wasn't a weaker version of Pikachu. He was stronger, faster, smaller, and had a completely different playstyle. The only reasons why he's lower tier than Pikachu is his weight and reduced movepool due to the "don't get hit" playstyle of Smash Bros. He was a really unique character who's mechanic has a lot of potential as something great were it actually balanced properly. As for the low tier argument, I guess all those people who were crossing their fingers for Mewtwo were wrong to do so, right? And be reasonable, do you honestly expect the PMBR to use all 7 slots? Like, ever? Pichu is the last unrepresented character from the Melee roster and should return as a unique fighter. Just because you didn't spend the time to learn how to play as Pichu properly doesn't mean he has nothing to offer.

This! And I'm sure he's also easier to "port", there might be some of his data leftover in Brawl.
And I'd really love to see what he can offer with some buffs here and there. (We've got STUN now!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom