• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Characters for Project M Discussion Thread (Voting Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I hope you didn't take that post too seriously
I don't see how him being to big has been debunked. His size is already set in brawl/P:M SSE. In every game minus one (Watch the video in my previous post) he has been defined by his size difference between him and Samus.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=U_H7X77lM4Y&t=291
This is the ridley you want right? He won't be ridley after PMBR adjusts his model to not look terrible minified. He'll be ridley colored charizard.

Most Ridley (and Metroid fans) have no problem with re-sizing Ridley.

As it stands right now, Ridley has the most votes of any character for this poll except, Isaac.

For the actual, Smash 4, Ridley is the most wanted newcomer alongside Mewtwo.

Ridley is incredibly popular, and as a Ridley fan who has been with his fanbase for over decade, most Ridley fans would have no qualm with re-sizing Ridley.

(Watch the video in my previous post) he has been defined by his size difference between him and Samus.
That is a bunch of trash. Ridley is not even twice the size of Samus in Super Metroid.

Secondly, a random video on youtube is not a voice of authority.

l3thargy

Smash Journeyman
"Everything is subject to change" does not mean fundamentally change an established character for no good reason, especially when those changes would easily alienate a fairly sizable portion of the fan base. I don't believe that even the saltiest anti-Spacie players of our community would suggest a change as alienating as the one suggested for Ganondorf.
just to point out I wish they didn't change falco's animations back to him being a fox clone I personally thought they fit his character better, I can understand changing his shine back because that makes sense to me but changing every one of his new animations minus the jab was silly and unnecessary, they could've figured out a way to make him play similar to his old self well still having the flashy cool animations he got in brawl, and despite wolf having a similar b move scheme I don't consider him a clone because all his a moves have different animations

I don't think you fully comprehend the whole Ganon thing gets his own move-set, black shadow gets the old one thing, (or maybe you do and you just don't care) the fan's wouldn't really be losing anything at all, all they'd have to do is not install the Black shadow skin that would be packed with the rest of the folder (maybe the sound files as well), there you have it Captain Ganondorf for anyone who would like to just have that instead, so even if the person doesn't like the new move-set they wouldn't need to play with it, they could just play the "more established" move-set who on their wii/wiiu would just be Ganondorf like he always was

but whatever then If you still think you're so right and i'm so wrong I don't care anymore, you win, I don't deserve to have an opinion on something I'd like in a smash game or on what a smart sensible person would do in a situation like this, as I've already stated, if this was Link getting a new move-set and a new character got link's old one I wouldn't care, depending on if the new play-style was funner or if i didn't like the new character I myself would make changes I feel fit in my own sd card and not criticize every little thing someone else has to say about something they think would be cool in a smash game

quit making bad points with no thought or concern for the rest of the fans of the game
also this is just rude, I put a lot of time putting thought into what I've said, and just because you don't agree with something doesn't make it a bad point all I've said is the people who don't like it have options they can take to change those things back, am I not correct in saying this? the opposite can't be 100% said about Clone move-set Blackshadow with New move-set Ganondorf, sure I could go find a texture for black shadow to go over ganon, but I wouldn't be able to find a project m quality magic/sword inspired moveset for ganon that could be used without replacing the current ganon slot, so i'm finding you to be pretty hypocritical saying I don't put any consideration towards the ganon fanbase when obviously you don't care about the people who want new ganon and clonemove-set Black shadow

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I'll put down my votes:

Full votes:
Ridley (Metroid)
Isaac (Golden Sun)
Lyn (Fire Emblem)
Sami (Advance Wars)
Tetra (The Legend of Zelda) - as a standalone character

Half Votes to these:
Waluigi (Mario)
Toad (Mario)
Bowser Jr. (Mario)
Saki (Sin & Punishment)
Samurai Goroh (F-Zero)
Dixie Kong (Donkey Kong Country)
Sukapon (Joy Mech Fight)

Down Votes:
Dark Samus (Metroid)
Black Shadow (F-Zero)
Pichu (Pokémon)
Krystal (Star Fox)

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
I hope you didn't take that post too seriously
I don't see how him being to big has been debunked. His size is already set in brawl/P:M SSE. In every game minus one (Watch the video in my previous post) he has been defined by his size difference between him and Samus.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=U_H7X77lM4Y&t=291
This is the ridley you want right? He won't be ridley after PMBR adjusts his model to not look terrible minified. He'll be ridley colored charizard.
No. But this would look awesome. :awesome:

Eisen

Smash Ace
NNID
AndroidPolaris
+1
Bowser Jr. - A more nimble, adorable Bowser? Yes please.
( I have no fifth vote because Quote from Cave Story isn't possible, which makes me sad. Just give Captain Falcon a second slot or something. :falconmelee: )

+1/2
Lynn - We don't need another swordfighter, but it wouldn't be the worst thing.

Dark Samus - We already have Samus and ZSS. Why waste the (realistically) only Metroid slot for ANOTHER version of Samus? I'm well aware that Dark Samus "isn't really Samus" but come on. Ridley is much more unique and desired.
Waluigi - I LOVE Waluigi.... in Mario Kart. In Smash, he has no place.
Knuckles - Same reasons as Shadow.
Skapon - Why waste a slot on a character nobody knows?
Krystal - Please no more spacies.
Hector - Lynn is obviously more desired.
Dixie Kong - Plz no.
Pichu - Pikachu is literally just Pichu, only better. Just put a vertex edit of him over Pikachu if you want him that badly, or have the PMBR make Pichu an alt costume. Please NEVER waste a slot on this character.
Paper Mario - Fun series and no doubt unique, but I'd much rather see something as special as the clone engine be devoted to underrepresented series or unrepresented major series. We have the main cast of Mario that appears in literally like every game. If there were a way to make it an alt costume, like have the 2D somehow accurately behave like a "silhouette" of Mario's general outline but retain his same Moveset, I would be content.

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
I'd say my choices would be:

+1

Sami: I love Sami despite never having played Advance Wars I'm all for the idea of her getting into Project M as a luigified-clone of Snake (as she is really the only person who could feasibly do so) since it is unlikely that she would be granted a place in SM4SH, and I like her and see more canon potential in her over Andy, despite her status as possibly a less-important character overall between the two.

Sukapon: Sukapon is a robot, and from a fighting game, and a retro. Considering there's already a basis for his moveset, he would require a lot of work being original (though possibly less since his body shape and design seems relatively simple compared to others), but not as much as others. And, being from a Japan-only game, he could be an introduction to an awesome character for those unfamiliar with him.

Ridley - Ridley is one of the few big all-stars left to add to the game, and there's a definite possibility that he won't make it into SM4SH, though I am not doubting his chances at all.

Isaac - I like Isaac, I think he's a cool character, but it would seem that perhaps his time to shine has passed? Sakurai may very well pass him over again as a playable character, but he has much potential, potential I'm sure the Project M team would be able to tap into.

Bowser Jr. - Okay, so why Bowser Jr.? Because I believe that Toad will be playable in SM4SH, and Bowser Jr. really holds the most importance to the series outside of already-repped characters behind him. At the very least, one or the other should be represented in either Project M or SM4SH, and my vote for Project M is Bowser Jr.

+1/2

Pichu - a Melee veteran, though I am aware how the board seems to view him, he wouldn't be all that hard to bring back, and despite his failings, he was a unique character all his own, and I would have no problem seeing him make it back.

Black Shadow/Decloned Ganondorf - I like Black Shadow, I do not want him simply because it would give Ganondorf his own moveset closer to the games. I think that it's a little unfair that F-Zero is the 64-vet series to have only one character so far (other than Yoshi, who is a technicality because of his close ties with Mario as well as a small pool of contenders), and it's either Samurai Goroh or Black Shadow, either of which I would be fine with if they showed up.

Samurai Goroh - See last sentence above.

Dixie Kong - I don't know much about Dixie as my DK game of choice was DK 64 which didn't include her, but I wouldn't mind her inclusion if she made it.

Saki - I am indifferent really, as I don't know much about Sin and Punishment to say whether I'd like Saki as a playable character.

Krystal - Eh, a spacie that wouldn't have to play like a spacie would be cool.

Dark Samus - I don't see the appeal or even reason to make Dark Samus. I am aware of how easy it would be to make Dark Samus, because it'd basically be dark-colored clone of Samus. But right there lies the problem - there'd be little to no visual difference between the two, and even many of the moves would be the same except a slight visual difference and damage adjustment and maybe being a little more lighter/heavier - the most would be a change from a fire shot to an ice shot, from what people have suggested. I don't see the need at all for a clone of that caliber (who is, literally, a clone of Samus in their own games), though ultimately I wouldn't care all that much either way if Dark Samus were to eventually get in.

Shadow - Tails and Knuckles are both better and more diverse choices than Shadow - even Amy Rose has more potential than he does - as he's basically Sonic in every way and does exactly everything Sonic does in the games, and the only thing different really would be his Final Smash.

SureNsync

Smash Journeyman
I'm voting for:

Lyn
Ridley - Other M
Bowser Jr.
Knuckles
Tails

Honorable mention for Claus/Masked Man.

D

Deleted member

I find it funny that the biggest teh defense for Ganondorf/Black Shadow is that he should get an original moveset the "properly represents him" ergo, one with a sword. Yet, most of those people also downvote Lyn because "ugh, ANOTHER sword user" you guys are lulzy.

If you really want BShadow that badly, just get a texture and put it over Dorf. As for Dork being different, I think he's fine just as he is, honestly, I'd be content with seeing a few changes in moveset, some borrowed from M.Bison, but over all, I think he's Ok.

Not to mention, we already have Ike as a heavyweight sword user, and he's damn fun in PM.

As for the trident, yeah, good luck programing that article into the game and getting it to work properly, it's the same reason I didn't vote Saki, if I can't get a GunXSword stance fighter, I'd rather ot get him, as that's his only merit.

Also, the "Ridley is too big" is laughable, c'mon guys, I expected more out of the PM crowd, than out of the Smash 4 newbies... This has been debunked by the existence of romhacks for him in the game already.

My opinions on the top choices atm:

Ridley- Can be modded and added using Charizard and his animations, plus there are existing Romhacks for him already.

Sami- Can be modded and added using Snake as a starting point.

Isaac- No idea how he can be added in, plus has the problem of potentially appearing in Smash 4, I support his inclusion on here, but anyone wanna give me any leads here? I do know there are romhacks for him already, so that's a start.

Lyn- Can be modded and added in using Sheik as a base and taking animations and articles from Marth.

BShadow- Can replace dorf real easily, but his only merit is to redo dorf, overall a dumb idea if the latter doesn't happen.

Dorf redo (sword) - can use Ike as a starting point but... why?

Dorf redo (trident) - not doable, at least no easily, give up.

Dark Samus - considering Samus herself still isn't in PM, this seems like a dumb idea to me... Lets work on Samus herself first a bit before even thinking of adding her clone. Granted she's an easy add, so I guess it can work.

Pichu- hahahahahahahahaha

Dixie - a rather easy add, and can give us a unique flair of Diddy's moveset, like a floaty spinny version of Diddy without a jetpack, guns and bananas. Ofc, her problem lies in that she might be in Smash 4 as well.

Sonic characters - NO. kthanksbye

Paper Mario - mite be cool, but he might also make it into Smash 4, so it's a gamble. Would be a better add than Doc though (ofc, Doc ain't happening no more).

Jr. - same problem as Paper Mario, but if I were to want a glass cannon, I'd take him. Probably the only clone-like character I can get behind. Ofc, he too has a strong chance of being in Smash 4.

Did I miss anyone?? If people open their eyes, the best choices for new characters are rather obvious. It's not about WANTING a character really badly, it's about seeing what works best, and what causes the least ammount of legal trouble and complications to the PM team. Choosing clones because they're easy to program isn't the best course of action here, the animations for clones still take a lot of work, and granted they're easier than a fresh character, it's not like a fresh character CAN'T be done, we've seen plenty of mods for Shadow, Roy, Cloud, Grey Fox, Ridley, Mewtwo, and others as testament to the fact that it can be done. I'm sure we'll see AT LEAST one OC character make the cut if they're going to do this. They're just gonna make sure it's a character that's worth the effort adding in.

red9rd

Smash Ace
I am talking about observations that I have seen. For Smash 4, there is are no Mother characters within the Top 20 most wanted characters, or even Top 30.

The last installment to the series was in 2006, and Itoi (the creator, writer, and director to all three installments) has declared the series "finished". The only installment to have had a formal international release was Mother 2.

So yes, there are actually plausible reasons why a lack of interest for additional Mother characters exists.

So really please don't insult me and say these observations are simply "my opinion only".
It wouldn't be a be a lie if I did say THATS YOUR OPINION

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
It wouldn't be a be a lie if I did say THATS YOUR OPINION
Its an observation.

If you want, go through this entire thread (its quite feasible), and look to see how many times a Mother newcomer comes up. Its a rare occurrence.

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
My votes go to:
No-One

My half votes go to:
No-One

My indifference goes to:
Knuckles
Tails
Pichu
Plusle Minun
Black Shadow/Ganondorf

Sonic Team get that only because, as third parties, they will probably never make it into smash. If they got in I could accept that they're being given a chance they would otherwise never get. Pichu because melee, and Plusle and Minun as a spiritual successor to the baby rodent... Pichu was a bit of pointless inclusion in melee though, so I don't care for him really. Ganondorf was a travesty, I could again understand doing something about it, fixing Sakurai's mistakes.

My down votes go to:
Anyone else

We've got the melee roster back, barr Pichu who I've already stated indifference about. The project to restore Melee into Brawl is over, and anything else is directionless fluff. The above options are justifiable for various reasons, anything else is just cutting into stuff that should be done in 4, and loosing sight of what the project is meant to be about.

I know I'll be unpopular for this, but I want Project Melee not Project Melee And A Bunch Of Other Clones.

Hungry Headcrab

Smash Ace
also this is just rude, I put a lot of time putting thought into what I've said, and just because you don't agree with something doesn't make it a bad point all I've said is the people who don't like it have options they can take to change those things back, am I not correct in saying this? the opposite can't be 100% said about Clone move-set Blackshadow with New move-set Ganondorf, sure I could go find a texture for black shadow to go over ganon, but I wouldn't be able to find a project m quality magic/sword inspired moveset for ganon that could be used without replacing the current ganon slot, so i'm finding you to be pretty hypocritical saying I don't put any consideration towards the ganon fanbase when obviously you don't care about the people who want new ganon and clonemove-set Black shadow
Yeah, I'd like to apologize for that. It was late, and this topic is making me angrier than I've been in a while. I still stand by my opinion that Ganon is fine and Black Shadow is lame (not a great summary of my argument, but whatever). Regardless, I shouldn't have attacked you like that. Sorry.

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
okay, my votes are as follows

+1

Ridley (Metroid)... if no to Ridley then this point goes to Metroid Prime AKA Dark Samus.

Dixie Kong (Donkey Kong Country): Since she was supposed to be in Brawl anyways... and there's probably a good chance she'll be in Smash 4 though

Black Shadow/Ganondorf: this has been done to death, but it still a viable option, despite Captain Ganondorf's fans who seem to be allergic to change (The callout lol)

Wolf Link with Midna: Shadow Huan comes out of left field ohhhhhhh snap. since i was expecting this to be a part of Brawl somehow, I just gotta be different lol. The idea has some merit even if i don't expect anyone else to share my interest. I was already one of the influences to getting Dark Samus on the list lol :p

Anyone who thinks that Dark Samus would be exactly like Samus (Or even play remotely like Samus) if done properly is silly, I don't really need to post links to all the fights with it in the Prime Series again do I?

I'm gonna go back to lurking now

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
My votes for:
Lyn
Isaac
Ridley
T. Zelda/Tetra
Krystal

1/2
Pichu
Doctor Mario
K. Rool
Tails
Saki

Dark Samus
Shadow
Knuckles
Sukapon

Sanity's_Theif

Smash Ace
Care to rebut whatever this is referring to instead of simply snarking at me?
You're acting as if this thread counts as a voice of authority, or actually represents what everyone wants, I just find it silly, I really find this whole thread silly, not sure why I even bother checking here, I suppose it's the worry that someone in the PMBR will take this thread seriously, I sure hope they rely solely on their own personal judgement

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
You're acting as if this thread counts as a voice of authority, or actually represents what everyone wants, I just find it silly, I really find this whole thread silly, not sure why I even bother checking here, I suppose it's the worry that someone in the PMBR will take this thread seriously, I sure hope they rely solely on their own personal judgement
At the very least this thread is a microcosm of what the fanbase is interested in seeing (Ridley, Isaac, Lyn, Dixie Kong), and what it does not want to see (Pichu, Waluigi, any second Sonic character).

However, this was stuff already known before this thread already started.

What this thread did illuminate is that the idea of Black Shadow replacing Melee/Brawl Ganondorf has powerful backers and detractors.

The only other thing that I found interesting was the amount of support Sami (and to a lesser extent Sukapon) is getting. Sami, I think has more votes than Dark Samus does.

Fortress

Smash Master
The only other thing that I found interesting was the amount of support Sami (and to a lesser extent Sukapon) is getting. Sami, I think has more votes than Dark Samus does.
Which I disagree with (Sami getting more votes than D. Samus; I'm not disagreeing with your opinion, just to clear that up). Granted Sami is the weapon-toting, tough-talking, rough-and-tough CO that she is in the gameboy titles, I feel as if Dark Samus deserves a spot above her. D Samus would be easy enough to make (I would assume, anyway), more-so than making Sami from just more than scratch. Besides, Metroid deserves its own second character before any newcomers are introduced.

And the Sonic series needs no other characters. Ever. Period: the original opinion (do not steal).

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Which I disagree with (Sami getting more votes than D. Samus; I'm not disagreeing with your opinion, just to clear that up). Granted Sami is the weapon-toting, tough-talking, rough-and-tough CO that she is in the gameboy titles, I feel as if Dark Samus deserves a spot above her. D Samus would be easy enough to make (I would assume, anyway), more-so than making Sami from just more than scratch. Besides, Metroid deserves its own second character before any newcomers are introduced.
The only problem with Dark Samus is that Ridley exists, who is both more important and popular than her/it. The only real advantage Dark Samus has over Ridley is that she/it would be much easier to add than Ridley. I definitely don't think the team would add in two Metroid newcomers.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion

And the Sonic series needs no other characters. Ever. Period: the original opinion (do not steal).
I can`t see how Dark Samus is the way to go for a metroid representative character. Out of the small amount of possible representative metroid characters including Ridley/Meta Ridley who both are featured as bosses in Brawl, Dark Samus who is a clone of Samus in every way except for the fact that he/she/it is dark, and the Metroid Hunters characters, Dark Samus seems like the least inventive. IF they really want to add in a new Metroid character, I really hope it`s one of the Metroid Hunters characters or (if they have to) Ridley/Meta Ridley.

Now before Ridley fans start replying to this post on "just because he was a boss in brawl doesn`t mean he can`t be a playable character." I just want you to know, I totally agree that Ridley could be a character in Smash 4, just not in a game that already features him as a boss.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I just want you to know, I totally agree that Ridley could be a character in Smash 4, just not in a game that already features him as a boss.
I bet most people who want Ridley in, wouldn't mind. I mean we already have King Dedede as a playable character, yet flying in the background to Dream Land 64 in Project M. In Smash 4, we have Toon Link as a playable character, yet a train conductor in one of the 3DS stages.

Fortress

Smash Master
I can`t see how Dark Samus is the way to go for a metroid representative character. Out of the small amount of possible representative metroid characters including Ridley/Meta Ridley who both are featured as bosses in Brawl, Dark Samus who is a clone of Samus in every way except for the fact that he/she/it is dark, and the Metroid Hunters characters, Dark Samus seems like the least inventive. IF they really want to add in a new Metroid character, I really hope it`s one of the Metroid Hunters characters or (if they have to) Ridley/Meta Ridley.

Now before Ridley fans start replying to this post on "just because he was a boss in brawl doesn`t mean he can`t be a playable character." I just want you to know, I totally agree that Ridley could be a character in Smash 4, just not in a game that already features him as a boss.
I was just using D. Samus as an example, and a little bit out of personal bias. As much as I prefer Dark Samus over Ridley, Ridley obviously has much more popular support in and out of Project M. I don't, however, agree that Dark Samus is an exact clone of Samus. She fights and moves completely differently than Samus in the Prime trilogy, with Samus' scans themselves saying specific functions were superior to her's.

If a Hunter is ever considered though, I sure hope they choose Sylux. He'd be the perfect yang to Samus' yin. Bounty Hunter versus, well, bounty hunter-y thief dude. That or, you know, Weavel.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I feel like this would be nearly the perfect size for Ridley in Project M. It was made by Angelglory.

Great post. Thanks for posting it. :)

For those wondering why Bowser looks different, that is his Smash 4 model.

Fortress

Smash Master
I feel like this would be nearly the perfect size for Ridley in Project M. It was made by Angelglory.

I honestly feel like that's perfect. Did they get that size in relation to Samus' from Super Metroid? Either way, it works fine. Heck, he's not terribly huge in Prime; granted he's crouching for most of the time. I think that that's a viable size. On the topic of Ridley, would he have any sort of zoning options with his flames and energy blasts? Also, that Smash 4 Samus is ugly. Prime Samus is hype, though. Those shoulderpad fins... though, she looks a lot more like her Super incarnation in Smash 4.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
I honestly feel like that's perfect. Did they get that size in relation to Samus' from Super Metroid? Either way, it works fine. Heck, he's not terribly huge in Prime; granted he's crouching for most of the time. I think that that's a viable size. On the topic of Ridley, would he have any sort of zoning options with his flames and energy blasts? Also, that Smash 4 Samus is ugly. Prime Samus is hype, though. Those shoulderpad fins... though, she looks a lot more like her Super incarnation in Smash 4.
I think the size of Samus is just a Smash 4 model recreation. It's not shrunken down at all.

Also relevant:

He's still about twice Samus' size, it's just his posture.

Chzrm3

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3926-5442-3703
At the very least this thread is a microcosm of what the fanbase is interested in seeing (Ridley, Isaac, Lyn, Dixie Kong), and what it does not want to see (Pichu, Waluigi, any second Sonic character).

What this thread did illuminate is that the idea of Black Shadow replacing Melee/Brawl Ganondorf has powerful backers and detractors.

For what it's worth, Black Shadow + Ganondorf has more votes for, and less votes against, than Dixie does! The OP did a really nice BS + Ganondorf breakdown. I'm lazy so my Dixie breakdown is pretty rudimentary. To keep things simple, I stopped tallying when I got to where he tallied up the BS + Ganondorf votes. (on this page alone, there's another downvote, which would pull it even more against her). Just to clarify, I love Dixie and I don't like the BS idea, but I think it's interesting that it's simultaneously one of the most popular and most polarizing ideas in the thread.

For Dixie: 12

Half for Dixie: 8

Down-voting Dixie: 4

OP said:
Black Shadow + Ganondorf
OP said:
Total 1+ votes: 16
Total 1/2 votes: 5
Total down votes: 3
(1 oddball vote for +1 Ganondorf, but not Black Shadow. "Toon Ganondorf." 1 oddball vote for slightly changing Ganondorf)
CURRENT SCORE: 18.5 - 3.
87.5% of responders are favorable to this character combo.
66.7% believe that they should definitely be one of the 5.
12.5% are opposed to the idea.
(the two oddball votes were not included in the stats, but you can figure them in however you'd like)

Assessment: Black Shadow + Ganondorf is currently a very strong candidate

Fortress

Smash Master
For what it's worth, Black Shadow + Ganondorf has more votes for, and less votes against, than Dixie does! The OP did a really nice BS + Ganondorf breakdown. I'm lazy so my Dixie breakdown is pretty rudimentary. To keep things simple, I stopped tallying when I got to where he tallied up the BS + Ganondorf votes. (on this page alone, there's another downvote, which would pull it even more against her). Just to clarify, I love Dixie and I don't like the BS idea, but I think it's interesting that it's simultaneously one of the most popular and most polarizing ideas in the thread.

For Dixie: 12

Half for Dixie: 8

Down-voting Dixie: 4
This page shouldn't be a representation of the viewpoint of the entire Project M coummunity, and it'd be good to keep that in mind. Black Shadow having a 'high' amount of votes means absolutely nothing when you consider the many Ganon mains who probably haven't even read this thread at all, or come on these boards. There were, what, two Ganondorf mains, a couple of people, and myself who were against it. Black Turd having more votes means nothing if it means alienating a portion of the playerbase for the sake of having G-man move out just so that a character identical to Ganon, who is fine as is, move in. It just makes zero sense. End of story.

EDIT: I didn't vote. Take that as an example as to why those numbers shouldn't represent the community in any way shape or form.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
There have been five downvotes for Black Shadow so far. However, I think there have been several people that have piped in about disliking the idea of Black Shadow that did not cast a vote yet.

As for the general score of downvotes:

Top 5 characters with the most downvotes:
1. Shadow (23)
2. Knuckles (17)
3. Tails (16)
4. Waluigi (15)
5. Pichu (14)
Honorable Mention
6. Dark Samus (9)

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
I think it is unlikely that the Zelda franchise would get an additional representation, but that being said, I think
it would be very cool to get to be able to both keep the current Ganondorf and get a new one with projectiles and magic attacks. However, what would you name them? Maybe having Demise as a character might be easier for the character select screen to differentiate than "Ganondorf" and "Classic Ganondorf"?

I thought this Demise texture looked cool, as a hypothetical new skin for the current Ganondorf, so that the OoT model could be used for the new moveset. (Maybe the TP skin could be the alternate costume for Demise.)
Also not a bad idea.

Ray's about as iconic as you're going to get in regards to the Custom Robo series. He's on most of the covers, featured in a lot of the artwork, and is considered to be your 'main' robo. Ganondorf doesn't get much screen time himself. Just look at Twilight Princess. The guy doesn't even show up until halfway through the game, and he's the one pulling all of the strings. Just because a character is 'iconic' doesn't mean that he's so sacred that people need to throw fanboy fits when he's not one-hundred-percent like he is in his home series.

The reason I tore you apart in regards to Ray isn't a matter of how iconic he is, its a matter of doing things that make sense for him; exactly what you're whining about with G-man (even though a majority of people would strongly disagree with you).

I'm fine with you telling me I made mistakes for this move set, I just put together something that seemed cool to me and could work nicely. That being said, I wanted to mention this as well.. At least the move set I have suggested for Ray (even if it is not perfect, and I absolutely would be open for revised ideas) is still in SOME way representative of his moves in his game.

I can't understand how you guys think Melee and Brawl Ganondorf is properly represented. I'll give you PARTIALLY represented at most, but that's not good enough for me.

Another argument I don't understand by the way is when you guys say that "Ganondorf doesn't have a lot of screen time and its extremely difficult to pick out a move set for him from his games". I am not a game developer, and I pieced together a fantastic move set for him, as have many other people who think like me. You can ask a CHILD and they can use their imagination enough to put together an interesting move set for Ganondorf in smash bros (granted it would need much tweaking and balancing). BUT it takes a tiny bit of brain power to figure something out to work with as a base rather than just slapping him onto falcons bone structure, re-sizing him and changing some animations and hit bubbles. Making him a clone in the first place was a sheer act of laziness.

Yeah, that's a big part of it. If it wasn't for this idea, I don't think a single person would've suggested Black Shadow.

I agree 100% with what Hungry Headcrab has been saying, especially "I don't play Black Shadow. I play Ganondorf."
So play Ganondorf with his actual proper moves then.

Why would it be expected for current Ganondorf players to just deal with the change by slapping a texture on Black Shadow when you clearly aren't satisfied to throw a Black Shadow texture on Ganondorf and be done with it?.
Its a perfectly logical solution, and we true Ganondorf move set enthusiasts are at least being reasonable and thinking of possible solutions to make everyone happy.

Because he's been a well-established character across two (going on three) titles for twelve years.

I really don't care about the well established argument. Mario was given fludd in brawl.. FLUDD?? What the S***??? Ganondorf was slightly changed in Brawl, Link had tweaks in brawl, Young Link was changed to toon link and he lost his move set from Melee in brawl, Falco was changed in brawl, Mewtwo was replaced with Lucario etc. etc. Things were changed, everyone got used to it, the end! I know the argument will be that this would be a fundamental change blah blah blah. I just don't care. Certain things should be changed for the greater good.

Question... Were you guys upset when the dashing uppercut was replaced by the flame choke?

And it IS broken, so it should be fixed at some point. Ganondorf was broken ever since Melee.

AND why do you keep saying 3 titles? He hasn't even been confirmed in SSB4 yet. And frankly if its between him being a clone and not being in the game I don't even care if they excluded him.

Ugh such an annoying argument, Bowser is downsized!
And the mod he shows and uses as an argument is a little bit TOO downsized, I'd suggest for him to be a bit bigger than that mod. Not to mention, it does not look ABSOLUTELY ******** as he was saying. It looks slightly off and could use some tweaking.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793

That's awessome (and perfect.)
For those wondering why Bowser looks different, that is his Smash 4 model.
I think it's his Brawl model recoloured to match Smash 4.

Sanity's_Theif

Smash Ace
It doesn't even represent that with such low numbers

Says you the oh so knowledgeable voice of authority

So would any other reasonable character outside of missing melee veterans, this should be obvious

Do you really think a handful of random people on a forum supporting a character = a lot of support for the character?

This is the stupidity I'm worried about

Chzrm3

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3926-5442-3703
This page shouldn't be a representation of the viewpoint of the entire Project M coummunity, and it'd be good to keep that in mind. Black Shadow having a 'high' amount of votes means absolutely nothing when you consider the many Ganon mains who probably haven't even read this thread at all, or come on these boards. There were, what, two Ganondorf mains, a couple of people, and myself who were against it. Black Turd having more votes means nothing if it means alienating a portion of the playerbase for the sake of having G-man move out just so that a character identical to Ganon, who is fine as is, move in. It just makes zero sense. End of story.

EDIT: I didn't vote. Take that as an example as to why those numbers shouldn't represent the community in any way shape or form.

Yeah, I didn't actually give anyone any downvotes, because I would've felt bad, but BS would've gotten one of mine.

I just think it's interesting, is all. Although, it's probably because people are forcing the issue - if I quoted everybody who downvoted Dixie and said "What are you doing? explain your thought process. I want to know!!!!" then this thread would probably be filled with a bunch of Dixie arguments right now.

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
Question... I don't know much about Xenoblade, other than the fact that it looks awesome :p

Would anyone from there be a potential candidate? Or is Xenoblade not a nintendo franchise?

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon
Question... I don't know much about Xenoblade, other than the fact that it looks awesome :p

Would anyone from there be a potential candidate? Or is Xenoblade not a nintendo franchise?
Yeah the main character is called Shulk and he have a sword called Monado if you look in to google for images is the red strange looking sword and the abilities of the characters are varied from each character still they use moves called arts that are like especial powers and main physical attacks.

The series is from a Second Party and the company is called Monolith Soft (the creators of Xenogears and Xenosaga), now this company is owned by Nintendo like Intelligent Systems and Game Freak, so yeah Sakurai can use the character to be playable in Smash like Marth or Pikachu.

.n_n.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom