• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Characters for Project M Discussion Thread (Voting Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friesnchip

Smash Journeyman
Hey, I'm guessing you've heard the news.

I'm trying to stay optimistic about the whole situation, but as far as character speculation our journey together is now, truly, over. I just wanted to thank Anti Guy Anti Guy , JCOnyx JCOnyx , @Shin F., and @Solbliminal for 'moderating' this thread alongside myself, as well as the hundreds of users whom voted and contributed such fantastic content to progress (sometime indulge) our collective discussions. I see no reason to leave this wonderful game nor the Project M community, and I hope you all share that sentiment as we continue onward.

And on a positive note, I suppose I did receive what I most wanted when I first contributed to this thread, at least in some form. See you around the forums, everyone!

LEGOfan12

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LEGOfan12
3DS FC
3007-8664-3561
So this was all pointless in the end... :(

Edit: I still had fun in this topic though.

Last edited:

Friesnchip

Smash Journeyman
So this was all pointless in the end... :(
Absolutely not! While Project M was in development, many members of the PMDT took notice of the thread and that in some way had an impact on the game. Regardless of the end result, our opinions as part of the community were heard (which is not something that can be said about every game out there). Plus, I had fun interacting with you lot; this whole experience wasn't without merit.

LEGOfan12

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LEGOfan12
3DS FC
3007-8664-3561
Absolutely not! While Project M was in development, many members of the PMDT took notice of the thread and that in some way had an impact on the game. Regardless of the end result, our opinions as part of the community were heard (which is not something that can be said about every game out there). Plus, I had fun interacting with you lot; this whole experience wasn't without merit.
Good point. It was interesting seeing all the discussions.

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
I know the development ended before it could officially happen, but I just have to smile at this.

I both got what I wanted and didn't get what I wanted at the same time. I'm Schrodinger's fan.

GunBuster

Jaded Outcast
my scene's in a weird place about this

we'll keep playing 3.6

but there's that reddit group that think they'll take what's been leaked and move forward with it.
while i absolutely detest this becoming super mugen bros, there's another build (not sure if it's the same guys or it's another group entirely) that is being compiled with the following statement -

"In order to preserve the current meta, there should be no rebalances to characters that are already in place. This build at the very least, should fix all the bugs and finish Knuckles and Lyndis."

definetly has my curiosity piqued, especially if we can play what is essentially 3.6 with an expansion pack. sure, we'll probably only use this as a local tourney thing (a lot of us were itching for those two characters) and if these new "devs" do a good job of essentially tying up loose ends I don't see a problem. it's probably the only custom build I'll look at with what's happened.

JCOnyx

Smash Ace
NNID
JCOnyx
my scene's in a weird place about this

we'll keep playing 3.6

but there's that reddit group that think they'll take what's been leaked and move forward with it.
while i absolutely detest this becoming super mugen bros, there's another build (not sure if it's the same guys or it's another group entirely) that is being compiled with the following statement -

"In order to preserve the current meta, there should be no rebalances to characters that are already in place. This build at the very least, should fix all the bugs and finish Knuckles and Lyndis."

definetly has my curiosity piqued, especially if we can play what is essentially 3.6 with an expansion pack. sure, we'll probably only use this as a local tourney thing (a lot of us were itching for those two characters) and if these new "devs" do a good job of essentially tying up loose ends I don't see a problem. it's probably the only custom build I'll look at with what's happened.
That build is the only one I'm slightly confident in. Everything else I'm cautiously keeping up to date on, as I want to see where they go at least.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Mm, well, as it stands I see little reason for this thread to remain open. It had a good run. Thanks Anti Guy for running it and all who contributed throughout the years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom