• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Characters for Project M Discussion Thread (Voting Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

leekslap

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2294-4978-8399
if anything an axe will function similarly to a sword cause of wide strokes and a lance will just be straight pokes that are longer than swords so yea kind of different
That's really more of a playstyle thing and there are FE lords who can have the same pokey or wide strokes and be more unique. Must scavenge whatever uniqueness we can find in swordsmen these days. Although we can take inspiration from Robin, Shulk, and the Mii Swordfighter who everyone forgets is a character. Lucina is sadly the cloniest of clones even though someone made a PSA proving that she could've been more unique.

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
I hate to be offensive no i don't, but when did all the...er...youngin's get here?

Seems like the impossible character requests have skyrocketed.
Smash 4's roster confirmation.

Prepare for the apocalypse.

Miyanoto didn't put Sunkern in Smash Four and he's my favorite ledengary Pokemon so I'm thinking you guys can include him whenever Product M comes out on 3DS?

ElPanandero

Smash Lord
NNID
ElPanandero
So I was thinking about young link, if we were to include him on some silly melee completeness theory, what about using bombachus (down B, using faster walking Bomb-ombs as the base), Deku nut (side B, sould stun like M2's Disable), an aimable slingshot? with 45 degree aiming capaabilities while charging, but autofires when full (unlike thebow) or just the bow again with ice arrows or something, and maybe a deku shrub/flowers as a cypher rip for Up-B

Then give his A moves some deku sticks or something, more range less power, and make him a gimp character with even less KO power than Toon link, but a whole bunch of ways to gimp off stage,

QuickRat

Smash Journeyman
I would preffer to see Young Link as an alt costume for Toon Link if they could fix the hurtbox issue. If there's going to be a new rep for Zelda series, I would definitely not choose him.

ZSel

Smash Rookie
I guess noone proposed Sothe from FE :/
He could have a ninja style like Sheik with high jump. He fights with daggers which differ from other FE chars. And I don't know I can spend hours to talk about his potentials moves, but I feel like everyone could imagine how a rogue would fight and it'd be really cool (especially for Sothe lovers).
Anyways since I haven't see his name quoted in this topic that much I won't even have a hope for him to be chosen sadly =(

And I'm in the group of the people that want to see Young link back aswell (even if it'd be sad to see him as a costume since when I think to y.link I think about a light character and Toon link is too heavy in comparaison).

ElPanandero

Smash Lord
NNID
ElPanandero
I guess noone proposed Sothe from FE :/
He could have a ninja style like Sheik with high jump. He fights with daggers which differ from other FE chars. And I don't know I can spend hours to talk about his potentials moves, but I feel like everyone could imagine how a rogue would fight and it'd be really cool (especially for Sothe lovers).
Anyways since I haven't see his name quoted in this topic that much I won't even have a hope for him to be chosen sadly =(

And I'm in the group of the people that want to see Young link back aswell (even if it'd be sad to see him as a costume since when I think to y.link I think about a light character and Toon link is too heavy in comparaison).
The only problem is that everyone has their "thief from X Fe" they want, so even among rogue/thief lovers, there's dispersion. The fanbase is already limited and further spread out across titles. I think I've tossed a vote to matthew, I think I saw jafaar once, Sothe, etc.

Sadly none of them will get in over Lyn, I think michia has some votes, I'm sure Anna has a couple.

Last edited:

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143
You need to post some new ideas and content for the users to get excited about. It is unlikely they are looking back at the old posts about Takamaru.
Haha, I wish if I were good with new content. I'd have done animated versions of the move set I came up with like what LightDasher did for Lip way back when.

lelelelelel

Smash Apprentice
King k rool + 1
Dixie + 1
Dragonite? +1
Blackshadow/ganondorf +1
Walter white +1

Toad -1 we alredy have too many mario characters and there isn't just one toad in the mario universe, Its like putting rattata in the roster.
Pichu -1 he was a joke character in melee and if he gets in he is probably going to have the same moveset.
Dark samus -1 if we get another metroid rep you know who should be................rundas

Last edited:

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
The only way I'd like to see Young Link added is if Tink gets a different move set. One that's better fit to his games. Grappling Hook Tether, (Or the Snake Whip from Spirit Tracks) Deku Leaf glide, Skull Hammer.

I've had this idea for awhile and I love it. I never brought it up because I can't see it being well-received, and beyond that ever implemented.

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
The only way I'd like to see Young Link added is if Tink gets a different move set. One that's better fit to his games. Grappling Hook Tether, (Or the Snake Whip from Spirit Tracks) Deku Leaf glide, Skull Hammer.

I've had this idea for awhile and I love it. I never brought it up because I can't see it being well-received, and beyond that ever implemented.
It'll never happen.

But damn that'd be so cool.

Paper Maribro

Smash Ace
This may seem a tad hypocritical coming from a Paper Mario supporter but I don't think having three versions of a character is really going to go down too well with the greater community. I know this being a Paper Mario supporter, people dismiss him before they even look at his moveset potential just because too many Marios.

However, both the moveset overhauls (Young Link and Toon Link) I've seen on this thread sound really fun and it's kind of a shame we can't have more than five characters because I'd love to play some of these ideas.

D

Deleted member

I really don't have anything major on the mind when it comes to voting, so I will just prepose two votes.
+1 Ganondorf/Black Shadow: It's less of Black Shadow and more of Ganondorf. For a third game now, Ganondorf is a clone despite having many different moves and attributes. He needs justice in some Smash game.
+1 King K. Rool: It will definitely be a challenge because of how unique he is, but I think that he can be pulled off.

leekslap

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2294-4978-8399
This may seem a tad hypocritical coming from a Paper Mario supporter but I don't think having three versions of a character is really going to go down too well with the greater community. I know this being a Paper Mario supporter, people dismiss him before they even look at his moveset potential just because too many Marios.

However, both the moveset overhauls (Young Link and Toon Link) I've seen on this thread sound really fun and it's kind of a shame we can't have more than five characters because I'd love to play some of these ideas.
I still haven't seen a Paper Mario moveset even though I'm voting for him. Can anyone please link one? Thanks in advance.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
+1 Isaac
+1 Ephraim
+1 Hector

Isaac's Psynergy has so much potential for a moveset, and a lance-using FE character would be a nice change from all the swords. Hector because Hector (and again, axe instead of sword).
if I can, I'll add +1 to Paper Mario, and +1 to Black Shadow+Ganondorf.

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Smash Cadet
I know I'm a couple days late, but I do like the idea of the Pichu Bros.; Project M's dev team did figure out how the duplicate character code works, even if they don't add Pichu Bros., since there's that one Unbound mod that has Pichu as a character, perhaps they might make that code public if they don't plan on using it for a new character and someone could try to create Pichu Bros. out of it using Pichu's moveset? I think it would be pretty interesting to see, even if it's not offical Project M.

In fact I'll admit I'd be satisfied with just having Unbound Pichu since I usually just play with freinds if it just had a better model; I mainly support Pichu in Project M because I think the dev team could really make it shine as its own standout. I understand it might be a pipe dream due to all the people who dislike Pichu, and I'm not going to be miffed at Pichu not getting in over a more unique character (unless it's some **** like Shadow or Knuckles), it's just something I vote for because I think it could be done really well.

I'm also a fan of the discussed Tlink/Ylink divide similar to the Ganon/Black Shadow idea, though I think the latter would be more important to happen since it'd be three Links. I don't mind three Links, but I know it's not very important to get Ylink in; I'd be fine if he just had a costume like Dr. Mario.

Last edited:

leekslap

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2294-4978-8399
Shut up already with the females and the omg why you Hector costume he has axe that totally unique butt. Spears, axe, lances, etc. in general are actually NOT that different from a regular sword if you really think about it. Some are but just shush. Not hating on FE characters, but just saying that some of the characters you want from that series are not as unique as you may think. I'd honestly rather have Lyn or a magic user but don't count that as a vote.

Female characters do not matter on Project M at ALL. I know you're used to Smash 4 where they are a big factor in a character's chances, NOT funness or viability or uniqueness or whatever, for getting into the game. You know what matters here in Project M? Being different and fun for people whose style is not yet perfectly fit. Also for getting secondaryish characters that Sakurai did not add to please the butthurt, well, EVERYONE( why did you have to make Skull Kid :troll:an assist trophy? ). NOT representation of a series, NOT because it's logical, and NOT because of gender. Don't think of it as a pro is what I'm saying same as being male is not a pro. And please, please I beg you, SHUT THE **** UP ABOUT KRYSTAL. No she is not unique or fun. She is a shoehorned dumb character and she represents Star Fox's down fall so please just take back your vote and I'll give you a cookie :awesome:. Seriously once she gets added you are gonna be so dissapointed you didn't get another character. I'd rather have Slippy over her. Don't think I'm sexist or whatever, I just want people to have this in their heads so they can choose smarter choices of characters. Don't mean any offense either.
Spread the word cause I am just tired of seeing Hector and whatever/whoever. This should be quoted by the OP :troll: Issac, Ninten, Andy and K Rool are a given if the Ridley, Chorus Men, Dixie, Mewtwo and Impa leak is real. I'd love to see Skull Kid be a Young Link's spritual succesor. I seriously can't believe nobody mentioned they could take Majora's Mask Yink's ( now that's a thing. )
abilities and transfer some of them to Skull Kid. Paper Mario and Custom Robo could be nice additions. I'm a little hesitant about another swordfighter but their should only be one after Issac. Not voting here, just saying that these would be excellent additions to the roster

TheGravyTrain

Smash Ace
NNID
Theboyingreen
I vote:
+1 Paper Mario
+1 Dark Samus (really am a supporter of this *especially* if Ridley isn't in)
+1 Pichu (I like Pikachu and Pichu with QaC, a buffed pikacopter, side b changes, and maybe a dair meteor/spike and he would be set, essentially the only issue is Pikachu isn't necessarily solid yet...)

edit: +1 For Samarai Goroh as his own character.

That's all for now. Pichu probs won't happen, Paper Mario might be a weird choice since GaW is already statistically very similar to Mario outside of weight (which wouldn't be used...). But Dark Samus... I really want this one. The only detractor is Ridley, which even if others have had scale change, it still looks *awkward*.

How would Dark Samus play? Probably quicker, weaker camp game, and weaker recovery. What about fall speed/weight? What should have new animations and what should have tweaked properties? For this I would like up air to be a drill (shiek smash 4). A new nair probably. Thoughts? Sorry about all the questions, I just really like the idea of her as a character. The other 2 I don't care about as much because there series are saturated to a satisfactory level.

Last edited:

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
-Oh, by the way;

-1 Dark Samus
Reason: It's not a character, it's a pallete swap. Just look at how hated :4darkpit: is. Just make it a costume like 4's doing.

-1 Ridley
Reason: I'd like to make it clear that I AM a Ridley supporter. However, there's still a lingering chance he'll be DLC... Paid DLC.

+1 Andy (Finally played his game and I agree.)
+1 Primid (You already know I support an SSB rep.)
+1 Condor (Suggested a few pages back, and I agree that the Ice Climbers need to be avenged. A model already exists, too, and it'll be fairly easy with the sounds.)

Last edited:

Paper Maribro

Smash Ace
I still haven't seen a Paper Mario moveset even though I'm voting for him. Can anyone please link one? Thanks in advance.
As I don't think anything too solid has been suggested I can try and do one now.

Specials:

Up-B: Parakarry - based off of Snake's cypher, but with more horizontal than vertical lift, a-la how it is in the games.
Down-B: Bombette/Bobbery - could be based off of a bob-omb but weakened so it doesn't just pretty much one hit you
Forward-B: Koops/Kooper - Kicks one of the two out in front of him, could be based off of a red shell/green shell and the different Koopas could have different effects.
Neutral-B: Ultra-Hammer - Ultra-hammer from TTYD, twists around on the spot while charging, would be more powerful than his similar forward smash but harder to connect.

Smashes:

Up-Smash: Holds Watt above his head, quite powerful but small hitbox
Forward-Smash: A typical Paper Mario hammer swing from over his head, could be based off Ice Climbers' attack.
Down-Smash: Vivian comes out and points at the ground on side of Paper Mario and then the other side, flames erupt from the ground. Could be based somewhat off another down smash that goes one side then the other.

Tilts:

Up-tilt: Could be based off Marth's up-tilt, swings the hammer in an arc above his head.
Forward-tilt: Stabs hammer forward, could be based off of Roy's forward tilt somewhat
Down-tilt: could be based off of Falco's down-tilt, swings the hammer around on the ground underneath him

Aerials:

UAir: Vivian pokes the opponent above Mario's head. Powerful but tiny hitbox.
NAir: Paper Mario strikes a jumping pose, similar to G&W's NAir in that his whole body becomes a hitbox
FAir: Paper Mario swings his hammer in front of him, Meteor smash kinda like the Ice Climbers
DAir: Ground pound, kinda like Sonic's kick in that it is a dive.
BAir: Watt comes out behind Mario, could be based somewhat off G&W's BAir but is a one-hit move, rather than a multi-hit

Grabs:

Thoreau comes out and grabs the opponent to initiate the grab. Pummel would be like Mario's.

Forward throw: Mario throws the opponent forward slightly before Bow comes out and slaps the opponent away
Down throw: Flurrie body slams the opponent
Up throw: throws the opponent up, Lakilester comes out and throws spinies up as well
Back throw: Throws the opponent into a hammer swing

Other:

Neutral A attack: A three hit hammer combo
Dash Attack: Mario's Spin dash move from PM64
Up taunt: PM adjusts his hat before looking like he is about to run off, just like he does when he wins a battle in TTYD.
Side taunt: the classic turn to the camera thumbs up from our favourite paper plumber. Can be used for tattle info on PM's stage.
Down taunt: Goombella/Goombario Tattles the opponent (This would be the dream)

Character Type and Info:

Paper Mario, like G&W, would be a total glass cannon. Unlike G&W, however, Paper Mario would be damn floaty, probably up there with Jiggs. This would make PM's aerial game pretty important. His power would be somewhat less than G&W's in general but still fairly high. All the Ultra Shrooms and Jammin' Jelly PM has eaten over the years would mean he is also slightly heavier than G&W but not by too much.

I tried to keep this moveset as doable as possible but it's quite hard because he has so many potential moves, condensing them down into one is quite the challenge. I'm also very much hoping the Project: M team would be able to use his partners otherwise he's going to struggle to truly live up to what his fans really want.

leekslap

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2294-4978-8399
Jeez people really need to get their LOGIC straight! Ganon/Black Shadow idea is horrible if you knew the first thing about Ganon. People are all complaining a out not having Falcondorf when Ganon is like the most fun and satisfying character by far! Everone should pocket Ganon. If you don't play Ganon you should like not be in these forums at all. Have you not seen Vex and Kage? Or that Brawl Ganon that I forgot his name and never seen him play? Making Black Shadow have Ganon's moveset would be like putting toothpaste on a perfect soufflé. Ganon is manly and he is a real *****. Black Shadow is just... a lame supervillain that will disgrace everything Smash stands for. You know why Sakurai made Ganon a semi clone again? Cuz he understood what Ganon stood for. People all like he has a sword! He uses magic! He understands that Ganon is too manly for that because he is a genius! Wii Fit Trainer and Dark Pit were my most wanted since 64 and he brought my wish come true! You know why Ganon is bottom tier? Cause he's like I'm too good for this! All I nee is ma balls! He is god cuz he is bad, you understand me. Another thing, Canondorf would boring as old people to play. All campy and safe! Take back your vote for Black Shadow or Ganon will kill Chuck Norris and absorb his powers to kill you with a laser from the other side of the planet. Ganondorf tho! Oh and by the way:troll::troll::troll:.

Also, Pichu Bros is some serious disrespect for the only other creature in the multiverse that has half the swag Ganon has. I actually have 2 or 3 really cool Pichu ideas a couple of pages back if you want to check them out.

This started as a serious post but then I thought about Shokio's weird Ridley logic and stupid request so :rolleyes:

Last edited:

TRJV

Smash Journeyman
-Oh, by the way;

-1 Ridley

Reason: I'd like to make it clear that I AM a Ridley supporter. However, there's still a lingering chance he'll be DLC... Paid DLC.
Actually, the likelihood of a character being in Smash 4 isn't a valid reason for downvoting.
If you voted on Ridley and he did end up as DLC, you could use that vote on someone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom