• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Characters for Project M Discussion Thread (Voting Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Super_Primid

Smash Apprentice
Marth already has stunning combos.

In smash 4's engine as it was shown in the demo, I don't think Lucina will be combo master.
Ok u are probably right I only played SSB4 for a little while at E3 so I don't really know the engine that well. From ur opion is it fast paced (closer to melee) or slow and strategic (like brawl)

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
Ok u are probably right I only played SSB4 for a little while at E3 so I don't really know the engine that well. From ur opion is it fast paced (closer to melee) or slow and strategic (like brawl)
In between, but leaning towards brawl more because of aerial lag and options out of a dash.

in terms of speed, it's definitely right in between the speed.
Gameplans are going to lean towards brawl-like shenanigans if it remains the same of course.

Super_Primid

Smash Apprentice
In between, but leaning towards brawl more because of aerial lag and options out of a dash.

in terms of speed, it's definitely right in between the speed.
Gameplans are going to lean towards brawl-like shenanigans if it remains the same of course.
Ok question then...... Are there jab locks like brawl or are there jab resets

CaptainKirby

Smash Lord
This is a shot in the dark kind of character but I think it can't be incorcporated in Smash and for one reason it has no legs or feet (or anything resembling the two). The model of the character would seem really out of place compared to the rest of the cast...Just imagine King Boo doing a double jump, awkward right? Even though I wish for more villain representation, I don't think King Boo is the right fit in a Smash game.
Yeah, I thought about that... I just think it could also look pretty unique as far as standard character development goes. Not sure how they could integrate the double jump and what not, but even so, I would just imagine him having an awesome moveset and atmosphere about the character. King Boo's always been one of my favorite Mario stars anyway, personally, so this is more or less something I'd wish to see come true. Too bad. ;/

Last edited:

alex6309

Smash Ace
NNID
Dr.Dom
I know this isn't all relevant to the thread but I'd love having the Alloys as extra characters like how you can play as Sopo or Giga Bowser.

1/2 Alloys as extra characters?

Shin F.

Smash Master
I know this isn't all relevant to the thread but I'd love having the Alloys as extra characters like how you can play as Sopo or Giga Bowser.

1/2 Alloys as extra characters?
Hold R on Mario, Zelda, Cap and Kirby to get Alloys? I could be behind that, I suppose, as long as they don't actually get spots on the screen. No offense, but I've seen CSS screens where they have spots and they're always a bit of an eyesore.

alex6309

Smash Ace
NNID
Dr.Dom
Hold R on Mario, Zelda, Cap and Kirby to get Alloys? I could be behind that, I suppose, as long as they don't actually get spots on the screen. No offense, but I've seen CSS screens where they have spots and they're always a bit of an eyesore.
Yeah, exactly like that.

What reason would there be to not include them? It's sort of like a "Why not?" situation.

F. Blue

Smash Journeyman
This plus hold R on Pikachu for Pichu.

Nerfed Pichu.

Would also be an interesting way to follow up on the promise of Slippy.

Last edited:

Shin F.

Smash Master
This plus hold R on Pikachu for Pichu.

Nerfed Pichu.

Would also be an interesting way to follow up on the promise of Slippy.
Pichu and Slippy don't already have their own fighter slots like the alloys. If they're in, they'd be better off on their own spots on the CSS and not as "Hold R".

Chzrm3

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3926-5442-3703
Slippy should be right in the middle, with all the other characters revolving around him. And when you try to pick Slippy, he says "Fox, get this guy offa me!" and starts moving away.

So you can't actually pick Slippy, he just makes your CSS a complete mess.

Shin F.

Smash Master
Slippy should be right in the middle, with all the other characters revolving around him. And when you try to pick Slippy, he says "Fox, get this guy offa me!" and starts moving away.

This is the most brilliant post in this entire thread.

Alfonzo Bagpipez

Smash Lord
NNID
Futatsu
3DS FC
0920-0032-8454

For once in a long while, I laugh at a post in this thread...IN A GOOD WAY.

Last edited:

alex6309

Smash Ace
NNID
Dr.Dom

What does fox do? Does he just shoot Slippy down for being annoying?

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
So after having watched the Robin trailer over a million times, I'm actually quite okay with the idea of Lyn having a multi-classing moveset with a Katana and Bow. A Link / Pit type character with a Fire Emblem style moveset? Yes please~!

Anti Guy

Couch Tomato
BRoomer
NNID
CouchTomato87
So after having watched the Robin trailer over a million times, I'm actually quite okay with the idea of Lyn having a multi-classing moveset with a Katana and Bow. A Link / Pit type character with a Fire Emblem style moveset? Yes please~!
The difference is that Lyn's character is not defined by using the bow; she mainly uses swords. Robin/My Unit is defined by his/her flexibility to use any weapon, especially swords and magic, which he/she starts with in the beginning.

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
The difference is that Lyn's character is not defined by using the bow; she mainly uses swords. Robin/My Unit is defined by his/her flexibility to use any weapon, especially swords and magic, which he/she starts with in the beginning.
Regardless of the difference, the game itself has the feature of a class change. And I've heard it is a common complaint that Fire Emblem characters do poor justice to representing features of their own game. Add to that the fact Lyn has the ability to class change, then she deserves to have that feature exposed. I'm not sure if it is different with any other game, but Marth as a lord doesn't seem to be able to class change in Shadow Dragon. I would assume this is the same with any game Marth has been in, as well as with Roy and Ike given how they play. Correct me if I'm wrong though.

Alfonzo Bagpipez

Smash Lord
NNID
Futatsu
3DS FC
0920-0032-8454
I would assume this is the same with any game Marth has been in, as well as with Roy and Ike given how they play. Correct me if I'm wrong though.
Roy and Ike get class changes, but they don't get new weapons, and Ike really just gains access to Aether.

In Radiant Dawn, Ike's third promotion gives him an Axe, but no point in using that, since he pretty much already plays like a big Axe/Weapon user.

ZeruSlayer

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1993-8718-4724
Yeah, I thought about that... I just think it could also look pretty unique as far as standard character development goes. Not sure how they could integrate the double jump and what not, but even so, I would just imagine him having an awesome moveset and atmosphere about the character. King Boo's always been one of my favorite Mario stars anyway, personally, so this is more or less something I'd wish to see come true. Too bad. ;/
You can still hope :). Who am I to say your character is no good :p? We don't know the limits of the PMBR so anything is possible at this point. No doubt that King Boo can have a creative moveset but before that the animation and character design seem a bit clunky. Guess we just have to wait and see :)

alex6309

Smash Ace
NNID
Dr.Dom
Just because Lyn's main weapon isn't a bow doesn't mean she cant use it at all. If anything, giving her a bow for a few attacks would help diversify her a bit from the main cast and give her something above all sword users who aren't incarnations of Link.

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
Roy and Ike get class changes, but they don't get new weapons, and Ike really just gains access to Aether.

In Radiant Dawn, Ike's third promotion gives him an Axe, but no point in using that, since he pretty much already plays like a big Axe/Weapon user.
Alright. Thanks for the insight Alfonzo. This pretty much confirms what I've been saying. Marth, Ike, and Roy can't seem to differentiate enough from the ability to class change, unlike Lyn who can use a bow. That is a dramatic change of weaponry. I don't see it as a big deal that she would use a bow, if even only for some B-Specials.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Yeah. Lyn is a swordmaster first and foremost. A katana moveset (or eastern swordplay) swordstyle would be her main difference. Though Takamaru could also deliver on that.

Her bow would pretty much be relegated to only a single special.

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
Yeah. Lyn is a swordmaster first and foremost. A katana moveset (or eastern swordplay) swordstyle would be her main difference. Though Takamaru could also deliver on that.

Her bow would pretty much be relegated to only a single special.
I don't agree. She could capitalize off of having more moves (namely specials) that rely on the bow, if only a 2 or 3. Having Link as a base, she could have a tether grab based on a rope and arrow method. It would play in favor of her style of getting up close and personal with her enemies. Assuming this is possible of course.

Superior Spider-Mew

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MiniRagnarok
1. Krystal - she has a lot of potential for a unique moveset and wouldn't be much of a clone
2. Tom Nook - I really don't really see why shouldn't be in P:M. He would be Project M's equivalent to the Villager in Sm4sh in a way.
3. Skull Kid
4. Bowser Jr. - A Bowser clone only faster and smaller? I can work with that!
5. Pichu - a Melee veteran that can be revamped with some new animations, mechanics, etc

1/2 vote:

Paper Mario
Young Link - they could make him much different from Toon Link, give him new moves, new mechanics, and such. I would like to see him return even if its very unlikely.
Tetra
Masked Man
Dark Samus

- vote:

-Tails - its a Nintendo All Stars game
-Shadow - its a Nintendo All Stars game, seriously though, we dont need a P:M Shadow when there's already a bunch of PSAs for Shadow. The P:M can save a lot of time from putting so much effort into a character that has a moveset already established and is everywhere
-Knuckles - its a Nintendo All Stars game

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
Couldn't use Link as a base with a command grab though, which is the whole point of the bow.
Nobody said it would be a command grab. And that is not to say she couldn't use it for a grab function.

Also as a side note, I'm never posting on the topic of Lucina ever again. I got bashed harder than I've ever been bashed in my entire existence on Smash Boards.

Bambi_

King of the Forest
He needs some super **** attack too so that you actually have a chance of winning. If you beat someone with sandbag they are forever shamed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom