• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Characters for Project M Discussion Thread (Voting Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
I'd like masked man as well, as you guys know I run the thread. If we can't have a fantastic roster in the games, why not make a better one here?

I'm also a voice actor in training, so I could do any new characters. It may need editing and it won't sound like the original and I'm sick right now, but I'm willing to help.

splat

Smash Lord
I'm also a voice actor in training, so I could do any new characters.
Perhaps not the best place to ask, but where could to go to become a voice actor in training? When I was little I wanted to become a voice actor (when most childs wanted to be firemen, policemen and princesses). Currently, I can only voice act my own animations, which is at least something but not as much as I'd like.

On a different note, how would you guys feel about a fourth Star Fox character? It may not be a new series, but I'm really curious how the PMBR will handle building a spacie from the ground up.

Malion

Smash Ace
Alright time to get as serious as I can (which isn't very but still)

Went through the list of stickers/trophies I have and came up with a list of characters I'd like to see.

9-Volt (nostalgic movesets given his nintendo fanboy attitude. Maybe some electricity too?)

Baby Mario (a small nimble mario? Just a vague thought)

Balloon Fighter (seems an easy enough fit)

Bow (a whispy ghost would be cool and she has that fan of hers. Plus she's a girl and etc)

Chibi-Robo (can't think of much for him but hey he's his own series c'mon)

Deku Link (a character I've wanted in the game for a long time. When I was a kid I would add characters to Melee in my mind like the Villager, Banjo Kazooie, and Deku Link (and another down the list) I imagined his specials would be Bubble, Flower Jump/Hover, Spin Attack (like the Ice Climbers), and Deku Nut for down-b)

Excite Bike (maybe not possible to make him jump and whatnot but he's a classic)

Goombella (Maybe I just really like the character but I'd have fun player her... she's tiny but also fast and in your face. And a girl mind you we need more of those.)

Krystal (seems a common choice I think? You can give her that staff to de-clone her a bit too)

Midna (perhaps with Wolf Link? maybe too complicated idk)

Slippy (another character I thought of adding as a kid. Mostly because he's just pretty lame. Good jumps and recovery but lower speed. Maybe he can wield a wrench? And of course he has to ride a landmaster... maybe saying something like "Welp, everyone else is doing it")

Tetra/Toon Zelda (seems like an obvious one, right? Two new girls with one stone.)

Rhinevalcke6

Smash Cadet
I don't want Shadow mainly because he represents where the sonic series went bad, has a 2edgy4u personality, and was created to appeal to angsty teens on deviantart. He's almost as bad as the ORIGINAL CHARACTER, DONUT STEEL! characters.

The only character that I can think of that's as bad as him is Krystal.

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
Midna with Wolf Link
I would literally change my main if this could happen. I've never considered changing my main ever, but this would do it.

I kind of doubt they'll go this route though, making them like IC clones would be the most ideal way and ICs aren't even done yet presumably due to bugs. If they don't make them an IC clone and instead just change hitboxes based on which "character" is attacking, that's much more feasible, but even then this choice lacks popularity and Legend of Zelda already has many characters representing.

A Lugia can dream... my best hopes are honestly that Pichu comes back. Implementing Wolf Link would be indescribable to me.

Rhinevalcke6

Smash Cadet
I would literally change my main if this could happen. I've never considered changing my main ever, but this would do it.

I kind of doubt they'll go this route though, making them like IC clones would be the most ideal way and ICs aren't even done yet presumably due to bugs. If they don't make them an IC clone and instead just change hitboxes based on which "character" is attacking, that's much more feasible, but even then this choice lacks popularity and Legend of Zelda already has many characters representing.

A Lugia can dream... my best hopes are honestly that Pichu comes back. Implementing Wolf Link would be indescribable to me.
I think Midna could just attack from Wolf Links back, and they wouldn't be separate characters. I also had an idea earlier this topic where they could take moves from other Wolves in games (Like they did with Lucaryu) and have some of say, Amaterasu's moves from Okami (Or UMvC3). While Character's that don't appear as trophies are off limits, Their moves are not.

Malion

Smash Ace
Yes what I was thinking was Midna was just on Wolf Link's back and he does most of the fighting though she would do grabs and some ranged attacks with her big claw.

red9rd

Smash Ace
Perhaps not the best place to ask, but where could to go to become a voice actor in training? When I was little I wanted to become a voice actor (when most childs wanted to be firemen, policemen and princesses). Currently, I can only voice act my own animations, which is at least something but not as much as I'd like.

On a different note, how would you guys feel about a fourth Star Fox character? It may not be a new series, but I'm really curious how the PMBR will handle building a spacie from the ground up.
As long as it has a totally different moves

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
Star Fox really doesn't need another character, especially when F-Zero only has one and Metroid only has two, and some series still aren't represented at all. If it were gonna happen, I'd be okay with anyone but Krystal.

Malion

Smash Ace
Actually if there was another Star Fox character I think Leon would be a good fit. So that you can have 2v2 battles with people on appropriate sides.

(and when he inevitably summons the landmaster he'll just say "you know what, **** it")

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
I think Midna could just attack from Wolf Links back, and they wouldn't be separate characters. I also had an idea earlier this topic where they could take moves from other Wolves in games (Like they did with Lucaryu) and have some of say, Amaterasu's moves from Okami (Or UMvC3). While Character's that don't appear as trophies are off limits, Their moves are not.
Yeah, that sounds like a really good idea. Mostly would be looking forward to what moves they could implement into Wolf Link from other places as you said. :)

Yes what I was thinking was Midna was just on Wolf Link's back and he does most of the fighting though she would do grabs and some ranged attacks with her big claw.
That's what I was thinking too. They could get pretty creative with Midna's grabs/ranged attacks imo.

Malion

Smash Ace
Midna w also use the items for wolf link, like Ivysaur's vines... so we can avoid mouth items (which I always find awkward)

The 2 on 2 thing got me thinking a bit... there really are no games represented to allow realistic 2 on 2 battles.

We have the mario series 3 on 1 Mario, Luigi and Peach vs Bowser.

Star Fox has Fox and Falco against Wolf

Kirby has himself against... DeeDeeDee and Metaknight but their sides switch a lot it's an odd number regardless.

Pokemon is a free for all I guess that could be the lynchpin to my argument whoops didn't think of them too late now moving on...

Zelda is 2/3 on 1 Links and Zelda vs Ganondorf.

DK is 2/0

Wario is technically a mario villain but I wouldn't call him a bowser ally.

IDK what I mean ultimately is we need more villains... particularly villain teams. I'm sure we all stick Peach on Bowser's team for laughs but it just doesn't feel right.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
The only problem is I can think of right now is that we already have five characters from Zelda.
You are probably going to get mad, but I will say it anyway. An additional Zelda character makes more sense than an additional Mother character, especially considering an additional two Zelda characters were planned anyway (Toon Zelda and Toon Sheik).

Personally, I think Zelda is fine with the characters it has.

One interesting idea for a possible Zelda clone would be Vaati, however, like Impa (a good idea for a Sheik clone), he doesn't qualify due to not having made any appearance in Brawl.

Rhinevalcke6

Smash Cadet
The only problem is I can think of right now is that we already have five characters from Zelda.
I don;t think that's much of a problem because A. It's Zelda, it can take another rep without seeming unfair, and B. Wolf Link would bring a very original moveset to the game.

Even Wolf Link there's still 4 other slots, although 2 of those will probably be taken by a Metroid Rep (Ridley or Dark Samus) and an F-Zero Rep (Black Shadow hopefully, maybe Goroh), and then one slot for Isaac if he's not in SSB4. So you got one slot left.

Xebenkeck

Smash Lord
I think it is very important to remember that there are two very distinct lists people have in regards to character inclusion:

There is the characters they would want in a smash game period, irregardless if its smash 4 or P:M.
For me this list consists of:

Toad
K.rool
Dixie Kong
Ridley
Palutena

Then there is a list of characters that people think could be added with in the context of the P:M clone engine, with the parameters set by the PMBR
Which for me is:

Pichu
Claus
Toad
Issac
Dont care who the 5th would be.

The most important thing I think is to not let these lists intermingle with each other. Would I like the PMBR to put K.rool in P:M, yes i'd be elated, however I think in terms of feasibility Pichu, is way more likely to be implemented then King K. Rool

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I have a hunch they are exploring Lyn, despite FE already having three characters. A lot of the higher-up competitive players (like Mew2King) really like her, and she is among the most popularly requested newcomers for Project M looking at this thread. There is also the fact that if the team wants another woman newcomer, there is really no other better choices out there.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Then there is a list of characters that people think could be added with in the context of the P:M clone engine, with the parameters set by the PMBR
Which for me is:

Pichu
Claus
Toad
Issac
Dont care who the 5th would be.

The most important thing I think is to not let these lists intermingle with each other. Would I like the PMBR to put K.rool in P:M, yes i'd be elated, however I think in terms of feasibility Pichu, is way more likely to be implemented then King K. Rool
Claus would most likely be more difficult to add in than Dixie Kong who is probably DK/Diddy semi-clone material, and at least has an equal work load compared to K. Rool.

Xebenkeck

Smash Lord
Not to start a Flame war or anything but Dixie literally only shares 1 move from Dk and Diddy that makes sence which is DK's Up-B with her hair instead of arms.

Otherwise nothing Diddy does is reminiscent of what Dixie does in any game, DKC2, DKC3, or Barrel Blast. I don't get where people get this idea that Dixie is a easy clone of Diddy from.

She never uses Peanut popguns, never cartwheels, grabs with her hair not arms, no barrel rockets, even her dash attack is a spin in DKC2, not a cartwheel. Im also pretty sure she doesn't monkey hump her opponents faces like diddy either.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Not to start a Flame war or anything but Dixie literally only shares 1 move from Dk and Diddy that makes sence which is DK's Up-B with her hair instead of arms.

Otherwise nothing Diddy does is reminiscent of what Dixie does in any game, DKC2, DKC3, or Barrel Blast. I don't get where people get this idea that Dixie is a easy clone of Diddy from. She never uses Peanut popguns, never cartwheels, grabs with her hair not arms, no barrel rockets, even her dash attack is a spin in DKC2, not a cartwheel.
Dixie Kong canonically can also use the DK bongos (she is playable in Donkey Konga 2). She also has her own version of the peanut popgun which shoots out gumballs instead. She also canonically has a ground pound (though like with DK's up-b, she does it with her oversized ponytail).

The last two moves mentioned (the popgun and ground pound) are utilized in Tropical Freeze.

Xebenkeck

Smash Lord
Okay, i wasn't aware of her abilities in a game not yet released.

Even still, so you have a neutral B, down-B and Final smash to clone. Still pretty slim.

Also you have to remember "cloneing" also entails animations that aren't moves you have to make walking, rolling, teching, edge grab, tripping etc. etc. etc. Dixie's hair is a legitamate problem here, no character in the game, even diddy, could be used to emulate that movement. This is where someone like Claus has an advantage in that he literally has the same body as lucas, so rolls, techs etc, can easily be transplanted onto him as well.

The same applies to pichu, literally you could take every animation in pikachu.pac and put them onto a pichu model without much hastle at all.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Okay, i wasn't aware of her abilities in a game not yet released.

Even still, so you have a neutral B, down-B and Final smash to clone. Still pretty slim.

Also you have to remember "cloneing" also entails animations that aren't moves you have to make walking, rolling, teching, edge grab, tripping etc. etc. etc. Dixie's hair is a legitamate problem here, no character in the game, even diddy, could be used to emulate that movement. This.
There is also the up-special. Basically, all of Dixie's special and Final Smash can be derived from DK characters already in Brawl.

Also, Dixie Kong would have pretty similar animations with Diddy Kong, at the very least they were quite similar to one another in the DKC games.

Secondly, I am not sure if Masked Man even qualifies for Project M considering he does not even make an appearance in Brawl. Claus, the innocent boy does, but the the cyborg mindless underling of Porky, Masked Man, doesn't.

PsionicSabreur

Smash Journeyman
Claus would most likely be more difficult to add in than Dixie Kong who is probably DK/Diddy semi-clone material, and at least has an equal work load compared to K. Rool.
I'll start by saying that you have made many good points thus far and have actually convinced me that Sami would be a great choice, and that Lip might not be a poor one. I'll follow by saying that I'm not really sure why you keep asserting that Claus would be such a huge workload with such certainty. Model work would be drastically cut down, as would many animations. For example, let's go through his smash attacks:
Usmash copies Lucas, since both use PK Love in the games. Lucas's Fsmash is a backhanded swing that could be converted into a similar sword swing just by adjusting the stance placing the arm cannon at his side or whatever pose would work best. Dsmash could be flipped to the right hand and slightly tweaked be Claus shooting at the ground for a similar effect. Maybe be electric and two hits to declone it (assuming Lucas still can do three). For specials, shield killer could just be an orange PSI magnet. Anything along the lines of offense up or PK flash has the same animation as Usmash. Over b and up b would probably be new, sure.

This is just a few of the moves you could build from already existing assets. I guess I could say the animation work could vary, depending on how much they wanted to deviate from the base character, but that's true with any clone character you have chosen to support as well. Yet you continue to compare him unfavorably in this regard to Nook, for example, who would require a ridiculous number of extra models (tools, furniture, maybe Timmy and Tommy) to work, or K. Rool, who would need a model and new animations from scratch.
I think its been mentioned already that Masked Man appears as a sticker.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Yet you continue to compare unfavorably in this regard him Nook, for example, who would require a ridiculous number of extra models (tools, furniture, maybe Timmy and Tommy) to work, or K. Rool, who would need a model and new animations from scratch.
I think its been mentioned already that Masked Man appears as a sticker.
To be honest I did not realize that Tom Nook would need a lot of articles. Though I think the same also holds true for Masked Man. I guess I would throw Tom Nook in the same boat as idea as Lip then (good idea for a non-conventional choice, but ultimately a lot of work).

K. Rool I think might plausibly work with King Dedede as a base. I have explore some ideas with it (him throwing Klap Traps instead of Waddle Dee's, having the blunderpuss do the suction special), though to be fair it may be a stretch.

As for Masked Man appearing as a sticker, that's Claus, not Masked Man. Hence, why I question whether the character even technically qualifies.

Its kind of like asking whether Iron Man or Bat Man would qualify for a fan hack if say Tony Stark or Bruce Wayne has an appearance, yet Iron Man/Bat Man does not.

PsionicSabreur

Smash Journeyman
To be honest I did not realize that Tom Nook would need a lot of articles. Though I think the same also holds true for Masked Man. I guess I would throw Tom Nook in the same boat as idea as Lip then (good idea for a non-conventional choice, but ultimately a lot of work).

K. Rool I think might plausibly work with King Dedede as a base. I have explore some ideas with it (him throwing Klap Traps instead of Waddle Dee's, having the blunder**** do the suction special), though to be fair it may be a stretch.

As for Masked Man appearing as a sticker, that's Claus, not Masked Man. Hence, why I question whether the character even technically qualifies.

Its kind of like asking whether Iron Man or Bat Man would qualify for a fan hack if say Tony Stark or Bruce Wayne has an appearance, yet Iron Man/Bat Man does not.
Yeah, for the purpose of character permission and whatnot, though, I'm fairly sure it applies. I'm not a legal expert, and I'd certainly be a little let down if this were the case, but trying to disqualify him from discussion just because of that seems a little pessimistic. Qualifying for a fan hack is pretty much qualifying to not anger Nintendo or some other developer with his inclusion, anyways, and this seems like more of a technicality than anything since they are still the same character.

I would love to have K. Rool, moreso than Dixie, honestly, though throwing Klap Traps and the Blunderbuss actually shooting things wouldn't be possible with DeDeDe's current set of articles, I think. I'd say just the blunderbuss shooting a projectile would be nice. The suction special feels a little forced, to me. The thing is, he has a new model, skin texture, carries a complicated item, the golden armor plating might be difficult to get right, and would overall be more difficult to balance because of his size and how he I can see him moving fast (e.g. normally moving slow with some dashing special, sort of like Ike or Rob). I see how he wouldn't be an excessive amount of work, but he wouldn't be that easy, either. I'd prefer not to compare him directly to the Masked Man with this, because I think if it continues it will detract from both character's discussions. I think they could both use borrowed assets to cut down work. That is all.

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
First: Geno and Simon Belmont are barely requested (and don't even qualify for Project M)

Second: I was talking about how people think guest characters (Snake and Sonic: their series's respectively) should not have an additional character in a franchise for Nintendo All-Stars.

Even extended outside of Project M, there is only one third-party newcomer that is decently requested and that's Pac-Man (and that's primarily due to the fact that Namco is developing the game, and the heavy rumors that he is going to end up playable anyway).

Just saw this and wanted to comment.

1. I know Geno and Simon don't qualify.. but I'm pretty sure like 99% of people would want them both in. The only reason people don't talk about them is BECAUSE they don't qualify. Although I really think Nintendo could have put them in as stickers/trophies, but that's neither here nor there.

2. I agree that in P:M there should not be any other 3rd party characters the form Sonic or Metal gear franchises... But I don't know where you're coming from with Pac Man being the most requested 3rd party newcomer. There are tones of others that people would love to see. And Pac Man is a stupid idea anyway, even though he's likely to get in (unfortunately). There's way better Namco characters that I'd like to see besides friggin Pac Man. The only thing he brings is that hes a "classic character" and that is just a novelty. I wana see someone that would have a super cool and interesting move set, not a forced move set just because of their relevance to video games. He should be an assist trophy at most.

The Geno fanbase popped after Brawl's release.

I hope since Sakurai is an a**hole he puts in Geno now that there is less popularity.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I don't want to start up a massive debate, but for the actual Smash 4, Pac-Man is definitely the most wanted third-party character at this point, which stems mostly from:
1. Being very well known.
2. Namco developing the game.
3. The leak.

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
I don't want to start up a massive debate, but for the actual Smash 4, Pac-Man is definitely the most wanted third-party character at this point, which stems mostly from:
1. Being very well known.
2. Namco developing the game.
3. The leak.

What leak? :eek:

I get the other reasons, but Pac Man is soooo stupid.
And Pac Man World was a terrible game, I don't even know why it was made! The Pac Man remix or whatever its called what is downloadable on the Playstation Store, is the best Pac Man game since the classic games. He should stay in the maze, he doesn't belong in a fighting game.

Anyway ya we don't need to debate. I simply will never agree with Pac Man, but for some reason people want him in. Whatever.
Actually I don't mind him getting added, IF other Namco characters could still have a shot. This is off topic though so we can stop here.

But seriously.. What leak?

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Prior to E3, someone made a list of a characters for Smash 4:
- Villager
- Wii Fit Trainer
- Mega Man
- Little Mac
- Mii
- Pac-Man

The person who posted the list, said he got it from another source. The fact that he got Wii Fit Trainer and Villager of all things right, makes the rest of the list look credible especially considering if Sakurai were to add the likes of WFT and Villager, there should be no problem with adding Mii's, who unlike the previous two, actually do have a fighting background.

For Little Mac, there is suspiciously a boxing ring stage shown for Smash 4.

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
I don't want Shadow mainly because he represents where the sonic series went bad, has a 2edgy4u personality, and was created to appeal to angsty teens on deviantart. He's almost as bad as the ORIGINAL CHARACTER, DONUT STEEL! characters.

The only character that I can think of that's as bad as him is Krystal.
Okay. It is time everyone stopped with the petty bad jokes and over exaggerated claims of how terrible Shadow is or any Sonic character for that matter. I'm going to start by disarming everyone's hostility towards where the series went bad. Shadow is a common scapegoat used to place the blame of the series decline.

Yuji Naka, the series Creator, is responsible for the direction Shadow took. Around the time Shadow's game was being considered, Yuji Naka wanted to experiment with the series using Shadow. The results as you can tell were not impressive. It was around the beginning of Sonic 06's development that Yuji Naka left the Sonic Team. After this happened, the game had no direction at this point and all hell broke loose. Many of the development team members were either fired or quit because of a pointlessly unbearable workload. The remaining members said "screw it" at some point and that is what we ended up with.

Yuji, after leaving the series behind, went to make games for new companies who were just getting started. Ivy the Kiwi was one of the games he made with a random company. It was a flop. He also worked on a game called Rodea the Sky Soldier. It was perceived as a spiritual successor to NiGHTS. The game was finished and has yet to be released from its initial announcement years ago. Yuji's craving for want to do something "new" is ultimately his downfall. He left the Sonic series in a poor state with Shadow as a scapegoat for the series decline.

Now for these ridiculous dA and/or furry statements. Does ones age or preference immediately tie them to a negative stereotype? If so, that is discrimination. "Because ones taste and age" means nothing. Being a furry or a deviant artist (regardless of age) should not be used as a stereotype against anyone.

As far as the "Original the Edge-hog" comments go, Shadow is no more edgy than Mewtwo. Practically the same story told differently. Nearly identical personalities. It takes one bad movie or game to change that perspective? I don't think so. People still hold to the nostalgia of Mewtwo. Why should that case be any different from a Shadow fan? For that matter, why would that be the case for any character? Why specifically Shadow? If we are going to toss recolor comments around...Dark Samus, Masked Man, and Shadow Mario. Why on God's good Earth do people insult one "recolor" to justify their own? It is pathetic and obviously hypocritical.

For anyone wanting to come at me with the 3rd party argument, this is Project M. A mod. Not Nintendo. The presented 3rd party characters in the game are eligible candidates. Making that argument is pointless in any context. Why should we restrict ourselves from voting on it? It isn't like we will ever get the chance to see that character playable in any future installment of SSB. I rest my case.

splat

Smash Lord
1. I know Geno and Simon don't qualify.. but I'm pretty sure like 99% of people would want them both in.
Please tell me you jest.
I'm fairly sure there's tons of people who don't want to see Geno because he's simply not worthy of a slot (mostly the people who haven't played SMRPG and the people that can look at the roster objectively) - and I'm sure as hell that there's more people like me, who utterly despise Geno because of the obnoxious bunch that spread their precious puppet around the forums during Brawl's development like it was a disease claiming he was almost confirmed at any point. Not even looking at his uninspired design, I'd say it's a terrible character and I can't wait until the moment people finally understand he has no place in Smash. My two cents. You can like him - your right to do so - but nowhere near 99 percent wants him in. You'd possibly be closer if you'd count the people who don't want him in.

Simon actually is an important character in his series (rather than a side puppet in a single game that's been largely ignored since), so he wouldn't have that much people opposing him like Geno has - but I think there's a bunch of people that simply doesn't care much for Simon (like me).

There's been this dude who predicted the reveals of Mega Man, Villager and WFT along with Pac-Man, Little Mac and Mii.
He supposedly has inside information of some sorts, but it's all unconfirmed.

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
Prior to E3, someone made a list of a characters for Smash 4:
- Villager
- Wii Fit Trainer
- Mega Man
- Little Mac
- Mii
- Pac-Man

The person who posted the list, said he got it from another source. The fact that he got Wii Fit Trainer and Villager of all things right, makes the rest of the list look credible especially considering if Sakurai were to add the likes of WFT and Villager, there should be no problem with adding Mii's, who unlike the previous two, actually do have a fighting background.

For Little Mac, there is suspiciously a boxing ring stage shown for Smash 4.

Ah very interesting... May I ask (last question on this topic) if this leak said that these were going to be the ONLY characters that would be added, or if they were only some he/she heard of?

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Ah very interesting... May I ask (last question on this topic) if this leak said that these were going to be the ONLY characters that would be added, or if they were only some he/she heard of?
He never specified. Though common sense dictates they would have more newcomers than that for Smash 4.

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
Please tell me you jest.
I'm fairly sure there's tons of people who don't want to see Geno because he's simply not worthy of a slot (mostly the people who haven't played SMRPG and the people that can look at the roster objectively) - and I'm sure as hell that there's more people like me, who utterly despise Geno because of the obnoxious bunch that spread their precious puppet around the forums during Brawl's development like it was a disease claiming he was almost confirmed at any point. Not even looking at his uninspired design, I'd say it's a terrible character and I can't wait until the moment people finally understand he has no place in Smash. My two cents. You can like him - your right to do so - but nowhere near 99 percent wants him in. You'd possibly be closer if you'd count the people who don't want him in.

Simon actually is an important character in his series (rather than a side puppet in a single game that's been largely ignored since), so he wouldn't have that much people opposing him like Geno has - but I think there's a bunch of people that simply doesn't care much for Simon (like me).

Really you don't care for Simon? I'm not a huge Castlevania guy, but he would be a fantastic character to add.

And the Geno fan base is huge. I don't know why you would despise him so much. Hes got a super cool set of moves, he was the best part of Mario RPG, and hes an obscure character who would be great to put in smash as a surprise. Sakurai loves adding random nonsense.

Also I would argue that other than Mario himself, Geno was THE most important part of Mario RPG. He was the mysterious character specifically opposing the antagonist (Smithy) and guiding the team along the way.

Perhaps 99% is a bit excessive, but there's certainly a large enough fan base for Geno to make him relevant.

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
He never specified. Though common sense dictates they would have more newcomers than that for Smash 4.

I hope.. Sakurai is a wack job and there's a lot of talk about him not expanding the roster even past the level it is at currently.

Anyway.. end conversation!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom