• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Characters for Project M Discussion Thread (Voting Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
Has anyone thought of Excitebike? Excitebiker. Bring Wario´s bike back in a new way.
Actually Mach Rider was thought of because he better fits the position as a fighter.

Solbliminal keeps talking about dancing, so I can't stop thinking Wess from Mother 3 and how his move set would be a controller's worth of taunts.
It's called dance fever son!! The beat is contagious!!!!

Last edited:

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
Have many people attempted to create a Ridley moveset?
I wouldn't really see the point. The only reason to do that would be to get more supporters. And to be honest, he has all the support he needs.

Mowg

Smash Cadet
Not that I know of. I'd love to see one by you, if you have ideas. You did a great job on Masked Man.
Thnx buddy!

I wouldn't really see the point. The only reason to do that would be to get more supporters. And to be honest, he has all the support he needs.
I see your point. Would they just go with something centered around the Brawl boss like the one on Youtube? I´m not too prickley about the size. That video actually exceeded all of my expectations. His grab where he grinded the opponent on the ground was tight.

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
I'm Anti Ridley.

But not Anti enough to downvote him.

I'd only do that to "Mii's" and MAYBE pacman (But that's a smash 4 choice)

arcticfox8

Smash Champion
This poll is unofficial
If they do pick him up they'll make their own moveset
They MAY pick up some ideas from our movesets but at the end of the day they'll do what they want

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
Does that mean that the developers already have his moveset planned out? the moveset ballot is closed?
The developers make their own movesets. It is unlikely anything we say will be implemented to their designs. Their mentality is that of a professional developer, so they do what is best for balance.

Shin F.

Smash Master
That's not to say that what we say will absolutely not influence them, of course. If they see an idea they like, they might just implement it. But it's far more likely that they'll create their own take on a character.

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
I hope PMBR just leaves Pichu be. Melee, was great. But the roster certainly wasn't perfect. Using a slot on Pichu would be like trading raffle tickets for a jar full of piss. You give away something with potential greatness in return for something yellow that just doesn't sit right mentally.

Shin F.

Smash Master
I hope PMBR just leaves Pichu be. Melee, was great. But the roster certainly wasn't perfect. Using a slot on Pichu would be like trading raffle tickets for a jar full of piss. You give away something with potential greatness in return for something yellow that just doesn't sit right mentally.
The thing is, PMBR is magic. If Pichu is a jar of piss, they'll say "alakazam" and make him into the perfect lemonade.

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
Incoming Saito post.

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
All this talk about Jimmy. I have to post this video here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mnHiQSyBlhg

This song would have to be added to Project M, of course.
Awwww yeah-- Rasgar is on the swag train that is Jimmy T. But brah you got it all wrong. If they add Jimmy T., they've gotta add all his jamz. Because he is Jimmy T. You can't kill his groove man. He is a legend that can single-handedly make a group of cats into "The Legendary Cat Dancers". This man can party with anyone or anything.

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
I'm finally online after doing a sh*t-ton of homework, so I have some stuff to catch up on.

Boy, that better be a request and not a demand. -folds arms-
First things first--sorry for sounding so demanding, I should've worded it better and said "please".

Still thank you for making the icon for him.

@ E EdgeTheLucas How would Toad work? I have not seen any ideas about him, so I do not really know what to expect.
Either his own character (borrowing from Super Mario Bros. 2, Wario's Woods, New Super Generic Bros. Wii and U, and Super Mario 3D World) or as a fast-falling Mario clone. I even made a moveset for him that got Anti Guy's seal of approval--check it out, it's linked in Toad's section in the OP.

The thing is, PMBR is magic. If Pichu is a jar of piss, they'll say "alakazam" and make him into the perfect lemonade.

Godammit Saito I wanted to do that. I was ready to do the same thing then I scrolled all the way down ;_;

At least the Shiek stuff is over.

Last edited:

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
First things first--sorry for sounding so demanding, I should've worded it better and said "please".

Still thank you for making the icon for him.
No worries Edge. I didn't take it seriously, because I know you are not that kind of person. Still hate Goroh tho.

Last edited:

UltimateWario

Smash Master
So, now that he's been deconfirmed for Smash 4, can we please get Ridley?

There are quite a few of us who want to play as him, and I know Project M would do him more justice than that fool Sakurai would, anyway. I'm confident now that he'll never be playable in an official Smash game, so I think he more than deserves to be playable in the actually good one. Ridley isn't just a fan favorite, he has a lot of unique moveset potential, too. Not only that, but Metroid's criminally underrepped.

Like, seriously. Now that Smash 4 is just turning into the Mario Kart 7 of Smash Bros., it would be really great if this game could have a roster that wasn't just a bunch of obscure characters.

Last edited:

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
So, now that he's been deconfirmed for Smash 4, can we please get Ridley?

There are quite a few of us who want to play as him, and I know Project M would do him more justice than that fool Sakurai would, anyway. I'm confident now that he'll never be playable in an official Smash game, so I think he more than deserves to be playable in the actually good one. Ridley isn't just a fan favorite, he has a lot of unique moveset potential, too. Not only that, but Metroid's criminally underrepped.

Like, seriously. Now that Smash 4 is just turning into the Mario Kart 7 of Smash Bros., it would be really great if this game could have a roster that wasn't just a bunch of obscure characters.
I concur. The Project M team with the right set of newcomers could easily rival Smash 4's roster looking at how things are going.

Bringing in Ridley, a character who has been among the most wanted newcomers for Smash Bros. since the pre-Melee days (and the most wanted newcomer at this point), would steal a lot of thunder from Smash 4.

I would also like to see Golden Sun (Isaac) and Advance Wars (Sami) get in, considering those are the only two major Nintendo franchises that will be lacking a playable characters after Smash 4 if the (increasingly legitimate) leaks are anything to go by.

If anyone is curious about the Smash 4 leaks. Basically the same person that leaked Wii Fit Trainer, Villager, Mega Man, Little Mac, Mii, and Pac-Man last year, is now saying that these are also newcomers:
- Palutena
- Chrom
- Pokemon from X and Y (turned out to be Greninja)
- Shulk
- Chorus Men (Rhythm Heaven)

Basically, the only three characters that got into Smash 4 that would have qualified for Project M are Villager, Little Mac, and Palutena.

Also, Lyn would make a great contrast to Chrom (why another blue-haired swordsman?).

Prince Longstrok

Taker of lives, defiler of daughters.
Just for assurance, im NOT the only that has had the number 47 tuined for them, am i?

Just yesterday at work my manager wrote "up 47%" and i angry went-

"WHAT DOES IT MEAN? JUST TELL ME DAMNIT D:<"

McSlur

Smash Journeyman
To be fair with the whole Claus/ Masked Man being a spoiler thing, Zelda turning into Sheik is a pretty big spoiler too.

Last edited:

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
To be fair with the whole Claus/ Masked Man being a spoiler thing, Zelda turning into Sheik is a pretty big spoiler too.
We don't need anymore characters who are overt spoilers though. I never liked Sakurai doing that with Shiek, because Melee only came out 3 years after OoT. At least Shiek and Zelda are now separate characters in Smash 4, hiding the spoiler somewhat, but now it's a case of It Was His Sled at this point so it's not that effective.

Besides, Shiek's identity isn't nearly as big a plot point as the Masked Man's. Shiek's identity is a cool little twist that adds an extra level of awesomeness, but it's not heartbreaking or sad like the Masked Man's identity.

If Masked Man got in, that's what he should be called: Masked Man, not Claus.

If Mother 3 had an international release that had been out for a few years (like 4-5 years or so at least), and thus English speaking fans who want to play Mother 3 finally got the chance, I'd probably soften up and let him be called Claus, since it's not so much of a spoiler on an international level by then.

For now, I'd prefer if he was called Masked Man. It sounds cool anyway and keeps him ambiguous, and if people want to look up his identity they can do that themselves *wince* instead of having a crossover game formally spoil it.

Last edited:

Prince Longstrok

Taker of lives, defiler of daughters.
My apologies if this idea seems stupid, but wouldnt it be a good idea to go for an under repped series?
IE- metroid, mother/earthbound,etc.
I feel the games who have 3 reps already should be on the lower end of the list, but thats just me.

Though, as a counter arguement to myself, the character who would have the most unique moveset should get priority.. Damnit! Just tell us already PMBR! ;-;

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
Ray and/or Jimmy T. and I won't even be mad PMBR. Add yo Ridleys, Slippys, Isaacs, Dark Samus, Pichus, or Lyns. But so long as I can get my air-dashing badass robo or my king of the dance floor, I'm set.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom