• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Characters for Project M Discussion Thread (Voting Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kneato

Totoro Joe
Not quite. Sonic's ID is 46 in there, but there are empty IDs before him, and Wario takes up two cosmetic IDs. Taking into account the empty slots and Wario's two, there are indeed 41 characters, although there are 46 slots (45 if you count Wario's two as a single slot).
Didn't say there were 46 characters, just that's what the numbering in the files go up to.

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
After seeing the stunt Skullgirls pulled with its April Fools Day joke, I wouldn't even be slightly surprised if Slippy, Ridley, and Pichu end up being the next 3 Project M characters.

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
>That feel when most of the twitch chat was suspecting Pichu and really wanted him; but we didn't get him.

God.
Damnit.

Last edited:

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
After seeing the stunt Skullgirls pulled with its April Fools Day joke, I wouldn't even be slightly surprised if Slippy, Ridley, and Pichu end up being the next 3 Project M characters.
>That feel when most of the twitch chat was suspecting Pichu and really wanted him; but we didn't get him.

God.
Damnit.

There is hope Saito... There is hope.

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
I don't play skullgirls so I need context to understand the significance of this.
Fukua was announced as an April Fools Day joke. Anyone who owned the PC version of Skullgirls and booted up found out that she was actually in the game and playable right after that video hit Youtube. It is a joke character that the company is considering on keeping if the fans demand her to stay. Otherwise, she is only sticking around for a week....which leads me to....

Also Project M isn't made by the same people so they probably don't have the same thought process...
...This. They actually do operate on a much more similar wavelength than you would think. Skullgirls is a fighting game that is molded by its fans, much like how Project M is. A game for the community, by the community and its supporters. I'm not at all implying this means they will make decisions like Lab Zero.

What I am saying is that it isn't out of the question that these characters still have a chance to be playable. If anything, PMBR functions more by its fanbase than even Skullgirls does. So given that logic, you shouldn't shed your hope just because Pichu did not make an appearance in this recent announcement. If anything, his chances increased by not being announced in that video. It appears to me that all this Turbo Mode Anniversary / April Fools announcement did was surface a lot more Pichu fans.

Aaron Arroyo
ike climbers so beautiful but where is pichu!?!

H Ware
I WANT PICHU DANGIT

luisbrawl92
I was so happy, but then I remembered that it was april fools day :( just like last year with pichu D:

Sly Cooper
Slippy?!?
Ike climbers??!?
Ridley?!?!
Where's the pichu I ordered

SonicXD81
Ike Climbers, Pichu, & Slippy just need to happen now! **** Ridley

42rockjock
lol if they actually put ridley in project m before pichu i'll be so mad haha.

shadows yarr
every one thought pichu was next but then we get........slippy -_-

MrN0whereMan
Where is Pichu?

ElectricusTus
No pichu. ;_;

SuperSableye24
:( I want Pichu...

coodoo17
I really really want to believe in Ridley... But they did the same thing with Pichu last year and we never got him :/

panathese1
HYPED PICHU or RIOT

Last edited:

arcticfox8

Smash Champion
Fukua was announced as an April Fools Day joke. Anyone who owned the PC version of Skullgirls and booted up found out that she was actually in the game and playable right after that video hit Youtube. It is a joke character that the company is considering on keeping if the fans demand her to stay. Otherwise, she is only sticking around for a week
It warms my heart to know Fukua is real. If she stays I will get Skullgirls.

every one thought pichu was next but then we get........slippy -_-
The irony tho

Celestis

Smash Ace
Turbo mode was a joke, people thought it was cool though so they decided to keep it.
Turbo mode was never a joke. They always meant to keep it. The joke was us THINKING it was a joke cause of the day it revealed. Clever reverse psychology. =3

Now the question is if this two is the same thing.

UberMario

Smash Master
If double mode really does become a thing, they should make it so that if you choose Luigi or Mario, the opposite brother is your partner (possibly using the same moveset and hitbox [by being just a hidden vertex hack I suppose] in order to not desync wildly), similar deal with Diddy via a Dixie model.

Last edited:

Shin F.

Smash Master
If double mode really does become a thing, they should make it so that if you choose Luigi or Mario, the opposite brother is your partner (possibly using the same moveset and hitbox [by being just a hidden vertex hack I suppose] in order to not desync wildly), similar deal with Diddy via a Dixie model.
I was thinking we could have a Mario & Doc teamup, but that works too. Mario and Luigi and when picking Doc or Mr. L, we could have them team team up.

F. Blue

Smash Journeyman
I don't play skullgirls so I need context to understand the significance of this.

Also Project M isn't made by the same people so they probably don't have the same thought process...
Actually Dantarion worked on both Project M and Skullgirls.

Did I just blow your mind or what?

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
So I may be a bit late for this, but ive been looking at some of the msgs here and I wanted to add my two cents. So the April fools video was obvi a big troll. But last years april fools trailer seemed that way too, but turbo mode became a part of the game. This time around, i feel like at least SOMETHING in the video is going to be legit. Here are some of my theories:

Ike Climbers - this tells us that there could be a new tag team character in the game.. clearly not ike climbers, but perhaps something like plusle and minum. Id also love it if they did something like diddy/dixie, or even Dixie/kiddie since diddy is already a character.

Slippy - slippy could legit be in the game. We know they wana stick to clone ish characters, so slippy could be another fox clone. I dont particularly like this idea, but its a possibility.

Riddly - I think he has a good chance. First of all, the opening of the trailer was metroid themed. So that is a connection to the riddly "reveal" at the end. Not to mention as samus is actually introduced as the turbo mode candidate, there is clearly a riddly roar sound effect. Second, SINCE they trolled us with Pichu last year, I feel like this could be a kind of double troll tactic, where they want us to think they're trolling us, but in reality they aren't.

Last edited:

Giygacoal

Smash Lord
Turbo mode was never a joke. They always meant to keep it. The joke was us THINKING it was a joke cause of the day it revealed. Clever reverse psychology. =3

Now the question is if this two is the same thing.
To add some clarity, the joke is that what was shown was presented as the true future of PM. Then it just turned out to be turbo mode.

I thought Dantarion just played it at a tourney pre-release...

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
Would use 4 character slots, or 3 if you don't include basic Young Link.
Also,

I WANT TO BELIEVE!!!
Well ya id say 3, normal link wouldnt be included... but oni link would be the final smash (ideally) so ya 4 lol.

i do see the issue you're bringing up tho. Thats a shame :(

whos that model you posted?

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482

Did I just blow your mind or what?
You didn't blow it, but that is a very interesting piece of information.

However, Dantarion is only one of the minds behind Project M along with Skullgirls. He might not of been the person who made the decisions. He might of just helped code something.

TopTierPichu

Smash Ace
It warms my heart to know Fukua is real. If she stays I will get Skullgirls.

The irony tho
good thing she will stay
(insertshamelessSkullHeartAdvertisementhere)
but Pichu would take a lot less time if we just scaled down Regular Pika and altered some properties and animations

Shin F.

Smash Master
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom