• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Characters for Project M Discussion Thread (Voting Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
I'm well aware that was Dark Daroach, hence why I said it comes in Pimp Purple. I was referring to an alt color.

Yeah this is my work, and I did draw these pictures. As for the chart, the top is my purposed height. The bottom was a height that was being debuted. The entire purpose of the chart was to show that Ray would look fine at my purposed height, while he would look out of place at the debuted height.
I actually thought it was better when he was smaller in the picture...But now I think more of a midway between the two would be better.

Marthmario

Smash Lord
I'm well aware that was Dark Daroach, hence why I said it comes in Pimp Purple. I was referring to an alt color.

Yeah this is my work, and I did draw these pictures. As for the chart, the top is my purposed height. The bottom was a height that was being debuted. The entire purpose of the chart was to show that Ray would look fine at my purposed height, while he would look out of place at the debuted height.
Quick question, is there a depot for those character select icons in your signature? I wanna put my favorites on my profile.

meleemaster500

Smash Lord
if anyone wants ike climbers legitly.... just put this in a gct. you could even amend pm if you wanted

controller control code p2 (css) [spunit262]
48000000 815E7628
DE000000 80008180
140001DC 000000XX
140001E0 000000YY
E0000000 80008000
XX=Controller
GC1=00
GC4=03
Wii1=04
Wii4=07
YY=Control style
00=GameCube
01=Classic Controller
02=Wiimote
03=Wiimote & Nunchuck

they dont stay together though like the ice climbers, and pretty much desync whenever hit or anything, but for the lulz (oh yeah and make it team battle)

Last edited:

Darkmask

Smash Journeyman
Poor, poor pichu ;(
Don't fret on Pichu yet, he'd still be the easiest by far to re-implement into Project M, as he already moves and motions they can just rip from Melee, although I am not sure if they are able to simply rip him straight from Melee, I know at the time of Mewtwo's inclusion they had to recreate him from the ground up because they couldn't pull him from Melee, not sure if that has changed by now.

MrTea

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0189-8820-9279
Don't fret on Pichu yet, he'd still be the easiest by far to re-implement into Project M, as he already moves and motions they can just rip from Melee, although I am not sure if they are able to simply rip him straight from Melee, I know at the time of Mewtwo's inclusion they had to recreate him from the ground up because they couldn't pull him from Melee, not sure if that has changed by now.
The fact still stands that he seems to be extraordinarily unpopular according to these polls. Personally I would love to see him included but I don't know if they would decide to actually implement him due to how controversial he is as a character.

Maybe that controversy would be more of an encouragement to add him more than anything (lol) but I can't say I'm very familiar with how the PMBR operates. All in all I have mixed feelings about the entire situation.

Rasgar

Smash Apprentice
As I understand it... the issue isn't that they can't rip things from Melee, but that they choose not to. They create the models and animations from scratch to make a more professional-looking product.

Darkmask

Smash Journeyman
The fact still stands that he seems to be extraordinarily unpopular according to these polls. Personally I would love to see him included but I don't know if they would decide to actually implement him due to how controversial he is as a character.

Maybe that controversy would be more of an encouragement to add him more than anything (lol) but I can't say I'm very familiar with how the PMBR operates. All in all I have mixed feelings about the entire situation.
Personally I don't really care much about Pichu, I never used him in Melee, and I am quite sure I would continue not to use him if he was added to Project M, not to mention Pokemon already 7 representatives, seriously, that franchise is kind of over-saturated to get yet another rep (even the Mario franchise only has 6 reps). I only say Pichu might get in because as far as programming goes he would be easiest as he already has moves and motions that could be copied without Project M having to make them all from scratch.

Personally, I'm all for adding characters that have very few reps, or no reps, from their respective franchises because I think they deserve the spot more, and would be more interesting. Isaac, Ray, Sami, put them in the game before Pichu, Waluigi, or Kyrstal.

MrTea

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0189-8820-9279
who cares about krystal lemme get slippy

but yeah odds really arent too good for pichu, the only thing he might have going for him is ease, which I sort of doubt is as easy to implement as people make it out to be, and because of this "easy" implication everyone and their mom is gonna scream LAZY ******** if he gets picked over someone like Ridley. There is so much going against the little guy that I highly doubt he will actually make it in, which is kind of a shame imo.

As much as I would like to see him in it just seems too unlikely for me to get my hopes up, and for good reason.

Darkmask

Smash Journeyman
who cares about krystal lemme get slippy

but yeah odds really arent too good for pichu, the only thing he might have going for him is ease, which I sort of doubt is as easy to implement as people make it out to be, and because of this "easy" implication everyone and their mom is gonna scream LAZY *******S if he gets picked over someone like Ridley. There is so much going against the little guy that I highly doubt he will actually make it in, which is kind of a shame imo.

As much as I would like to see him in it just seems too unlikely for me to get my hopes up, and for good reason.
Eh, as I said I never used Pichu in the past and have no intention of starting, and with 7 reps already, Pokemon really have themselves covered (and I love Pokemon, but 7 is enough IMO).

I hope you're kidding saying you want Slippy over Krystal, at least Krystal has her staff moves from Adventures to work with, Slippy would be another Fox clone. Anyway, with three reps already, Starfox also kinda has itself covered. Same goes for Fire Emblem.

I hope Project focuses on repless franchises, or at least, franchises with only a single rep.

Last edited:

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
Quick question, is there a depot for those character select icons in your signature? I wanna put my favorites on my profile.
I custom made the ones in my signature. Ray and Isaac are the only ones I've made.

If Ray was added, would he be a clone of Samus?
If by clone you mean play similarly, then no. Snake or Samus are just the foundation of which Ray would be built on.

Marthmario

Smash Lord
I custom made the ones in my signature. Ray and Isaac are the only ones I've made.

If by clone you mean play similarly, then no. Snake or Samus are just the foundation of which Ray would be built on.
Not to be rude but... Can you make one for Sami and Lyndis?

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
Plz elaborate.
Pulled from the Kirby Wiki.

He attacks by:
-Throwing small bombs accurately
-Shooting beams of ice across the screen using his scepter
-Blasting three ricocheting stars with the Triple Star that evaporate after about five seconds
-He also teleports around the room, making it hard to attack him.

To me, he sounds like a modified combo of:

Marthmario

Smash Lord
Pulled from the Kirby Wiki.

He attacks by:
-Throwing small bombs accurately
-Shooting beams of ice across the screen using his scepter
-Blasting three ricocheting stars with the Triple Star that evaporate after about five seconds
-He also teleports around the room, making it hard to attack him.

To me, he sounds like a modified combo of:

I do apologize, but can you make an icon for Skull Kid? I feel like a jerk for asking :(

arcticfox8

Smash Champion
Lets go Sol, make all of the icons
Slippy, Lip, Condor, Black Shadow, Captain N, Mr. Saturn, Sukapon, GIT HYPE
I wish you could make one for Ridley but sadly he can't fit in an icon

MewtwoMOFO

Smash Cadet
Am I really the only one who thinks that the Masked Man would just be the coolest choice for the clone engine ever? I know Mother fans like myself are a rare breed, but not only does he represent a great series, between his flight capabilities, psychic powers, sword, and cannon arm there's a lot of room for a kickass move set. Permitted he doesn't end up being too similar to Lucas, I think that he would be absolutely great.

Cool Blue

Smash Journeyman
Am I really the only one who thinks that the Masked Man would just be the coolest choice for the clone engine ever? I know Mother fans like myself are a rare breed, but not only does he represent a great series, between his flight capabilities, psychic powers, sword, and cannon arm there's a lot of room for a kickass move set. Permitted he doesn't end up being too similar to Lucas, I think that he would be absolutely great.
That is true. I haven't seen any Masked Man ideas in this thread (yet) so feel free to leave yours.

Shin F.

Smash Master
I prefer Ninten, though Masked Man is cool as well. We came up with a badass idea for him with his Yoyo as his primary method of attack, and he completes the trio of Mother protagonists. You can check the post in my signature if you'd like to kow more.

Last edited:

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
Both Ninten and the Masked Man are the absolute best choices for a new Mother rep. I can confirm this by having played all 3 games in the series.

Unfortunately a lot of people are saying strange things such as "Mother is overrepresented with two characters" (so Metroid and DK apparently aren't? Not that I wouldn't want characters from those games either...) or "Why would I want someone else who looks like Ness?" (because he wouldn't be a clone of Ness and thus play much differently) so I doubt we'll get either of them.

If only more people played the Mother games man, they'd be more favored, the games are so well known now. Even top Ness and Lucas players like The_NZA have yet to touch a Mother game.

Last edited:

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
Lets go Sol, make all of the icons
Slippy, Lip, Condor, Black Shadow, Captain N, Mr. Saturn, Sukapon, GIT HYPE
If I have half-decent 3-D portraits of Slippy, Lip, Condor, Sukapon, Skull Kid, and whoever else that isn't a ridiculous or non eligible suggestion, I'll make the icons.

I wish you could make one for Ridley but sadly he can't fit in an icon
Ridley is like freaking Exodia.

I prefer Ninten, though Masked Man is cool as well. We came up with a badass idea for him with his Yoyo as his primary method of attack, and he completes the trio of Mother protagonists. You can check the post in my signature if you'd like to kow more.
Ninten and Masked Man portraits, coming right up.

Shin F.

Smash Master
If I have half-decent 3-D portraits of Slippy, Lip, Condor, Sukapon, Skull Kid, and whoever else that isn't a ridiculous or non eligible suggestion, I'll make the icons.

Ridley is like freaking Exodia.

Ninten and Masked Man portraits, coming right up.
Can't wait :bee: Straight into my signature they'll go.

In that case, you may be interested in a Masked Man render not in my dropbox. I didn't put it there since it was just made for some CSPs. I believe it was a mod from Pik.

Last edited:

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
Can't wait :bee: Straight into my signature they'll go.

In that case, you may be interested in a Masked Man render not in my dropbox. I believe it was a mod from Pik.
Sweet. I'll get on these two and Skull Kid right now. Also, you can throw Ray and Isaac in your signature too if you want : P

Last edited:

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
IKR.
I never understood it when people said that.
I think it's because Metroid and DK have more than 3 games to pull extra characters from, but still, even with only 3 games the Mother series is rich with detail and character (lol) that I feel it more than rivals the other underrepresented series in Smash. It doesn't hurt that the Mother fanbase is so strong, either. The fans are just as devoted (if not more so) as other Nintendo games'.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom