• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Characters for Project M Discussion Thread (Voting Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sahfarry

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2750-1620-0068
Side note: Not sure if this has been brought up, but I think it'd be cool if the guys from Project M put the more viable and well-known assist trophy characters in the game as playable, such as:
ESPECIALLY RAY. I want Ray in badly. Little Mac may be a no because he's going to be in SSB4, but the rest are fair game, I believe, and some are discussed in the original post. I think these characters would work because they wouldn't need to put too much work into making the characters as some of the stuff is already there. I feel it's unlikely that they'd consider doing this, but it'd be sick if they did. Although, odds are they'll add in the rest of the Melee characters (so Pichu) and the Forbidden Seven before we see too many other newcomers. That is unless our speculation on the April Fool's Day video is right...
Ike Climbers - this tells us that there could be a new tag team character in the game.. clearly not ike climbers, but perhaps something like plusle and minum. Id also love it if they did something like diddy/dixie, or even Dixie/kiddie since diddy is already a character.
Kat and Ana from my idea, if turned into playable characters, could fill this role.

Last edited:

Shin F.

Smash Master
Side note: Not sure if this has been brought up, but I think it'd be cool if the guys from Project M put the more viable and well-known assist trophy characters in the game as playable, such as:
ESPECIALLY RAY. I want Ray in badly. Little Mac may be a no because he's going to be in SSB4, but the rest are fair game, I believe, and some are discussed in the original post. I think these characters would work because they wouldn't need to put too much work into making the characters as some of the stuff is already there. I feel it's unlikely that they'd consider doing this, but it'd be sick if they did. Although, odds are they'll add in the rest of the Melee characters (so Pichu) and the Forbidden Seven before we see too many other newcomers. That is unless our speculation on the April Fool's Day video is right...

Kat and Ana from my idea, if turned into playable characters, could fill this role.
Most, if not all of them, have been discussed. Ray is pretty popular, and Isaac blows every other character out of the water, then opens up a crack down the side of the planet and buries them in it. Kat and Ana have been discussed, as has Waluigi. Saki, Grey Fox, Goroh, Jill, and possibly Knuckle Joe as well.

Marthmario

Smash Lord
Most, if not all of them, have been discussed. Ray is pretty popular, and Isaac blows every other character out of the water, then opens up a crack down the side of the planet and buries them in it. Kat and Ana have been discussed, as has Waluigi. Saki, Grey Fox, Goroh, Jill, and possibly Knuckle Joe as well.
That reminds me of that minigame in Kirby and the Amazing Mirror...

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
That reminds me of that minigame in Kirby and the Amazing Mirror...
It reminded me of the minigame in Kirby Super Star, actually. IIRC it was called Megaton Punch.

Out of all the assist characters I'd be the most surprised (to say the least) if Knuckle Joe was the one who was made into a character. I'm pretty sure that he's only fondly remembered for being an assist trophy in Brawl, not for being really popular with the Kirby fanbase.

Shin F.

Smash Master
It reminded me of the minigame in Kirby Super Star, actually. IIRC it was called Megaton Punch.

Out of all the assist characters I'd be the most surprised (to say the least) if Knuckle Joe was the one who was made into a character. I'm pretty sure that he's only fondly remembered for being an assist trophy in Brawl, not for being really popular with the Kirby fanbase.
It made me think of it, too, as I was typing it :p

Actually, I believe Knuckle Joe is fairly popular among the Kirby fanbase. Besides that, he could easily be the PM answer to Little Mac.

Still, Isaac and Ray or bust for me.

Last edited:

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
Side note: Not sure if this has been brought up, but I think it'd be cool if the guys from Project M put the more viable and well-known assist trophy characters in the game as playable, such as

ESPECIALLY RAY. I want Ray in badly.
Is that my cue guys!?...

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
It made me think of it, too, as I was typing it :p

Actually, I believe Knuckle Joe is fairly popular among the Kirby fanbase. Besides that, he could easily be the PM answer to Little Mac.

Still, Isaac and Ray or bust for me.
Man we think alike o.0

I guess he is popular, but in the way Waddle Doo, Poppy Bros., etc. are popular. You know, as just a memorable enemy with personality like the other Kirby enemies. What I forgot to make clear was that I meant that if you asked a well-reasoned Kirby fan what should the next Kirby characters in Smash should be, I doubt they'd say Knuckle Joe. I'd expect Bandana Dee, Prince Fluff, Gooey, or even Adeline because they've all been playable / important in a particular game (in Adeline's case).

But hey I don't go to Kirby game forums so what do I know.

Last edited:

Cool Blue

Smash Journeyman
Actually, I believe Knuckle Joe is fairly popular among the Kirby fanbase.
As a Kirby fan, I can confirm this.
What I forgot to make clear was that I meant that if you asked a well-reasoned Kirby fan what should the next Kirby characters in Smash should be, I doubt they'd say Knuckle Joe.
Well Knuckle Joe is one of the few Kirby characters even possible to add in to the roster, so I'm pretty sure most Kirby fans would want him in (including me.)

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
I'm pretty sure the goat's making a "stop everything I'm doing to suddenly pay attention" sort of look.
Oh good. I thought it was a "***** what the **** you just say?", expression. To which my thoughts translated to:

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
As a Kirby fan, I can confirm this.

Well Knuckle Joe is one of the few Kirby characters even possible to add in to the roster, so I'm pretty sure most Kirby fans would want him in (including me.)
I guess I'm wrong on that count, then. It'd still be frustrating to see a regular Kirby enemy take a clone engine slot, though.

Oh good. I thought it was a "***** what the **** you just say?", expression. To which my thoughts translated to:
I doubt people would be that hostile towards you. Don't worry, man.

Last edited:

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
That's why I didn't vote for him. As much as I like Kirby, it doesn't need another rep.
Except if Galacta Knight was viable. I wouldn't even hesitate to vote for him.
Galacta Knight's pretty cool, but wouldn't he be OP? He's the ultimate boss in Kirby Super Star Ultra and Kirby's Return to Dreamland.

But we DO have Mewtwo already...in either case, since Meta Knight was able to beat him, I GUESS he's not the most powerful thing anymore, and Meta Knight isn't OP in Project M.

WAIT

For another Kirby character to discuss for sh*ts and giggles, how about Marx? I can't believe none of us brought up one of the most memorable Kirby bosses ever, during voting that is.

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
Galacta Knight's pretty cool, but wouldn't he be OP? He's the ultimate boss in Kirby Super Star Ultra and Kirby's Return to Dreamland.

But we DO have Mewtwo already...in either case, since Meta Knight was able to beat him, I GUESS he's not the most powerful thing anymore, and Meta Knight isn't OP in Project M.

WAIT

For another Kirby character to discuss for sh*ts and giggles, how about Marx? I can't believe none of us brought up one of the most memorable Kirby bosses ever, during voting that is.
Pshhhh. Daroach or bust man.

Sahfarry

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2750-1620-0068
Have they ever discussed putting in all of the assist trophy characters? Not just discussing them individually, but specifically saying they was to have the assist trophy characters in?

I want Isaac in as much as the next guy, but RAY PLEASE! All of these guys would be cool. What was the final verdict? Did anyone working on Project M make not of it?
Is that my cue guys!?...

Pshhhh. Daroach or bust man.
YOU JUST REMINDED ME OF DAROACH AND I REALLY WANT HIM IN NOW AS WELL

(Gotta love Squeak Squad)

Last edited:

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
Have they ever discussed putting in all of the assist trophy characters? Not just discussing them individually, but specifically saying they was to have the assist trophy characters in?

I want Isaac in as much as the next guy, but RAY PLEASE! All of these guys would be cool. What was the final verdict? Did anyone working on Project M make not of it?

YOU JUST REMINDED ME OF DAROACH AND I REALLY WANT HIM IN NOW AS WELL

(Gotta love Squeak Squad)
Ray was a late notice as far as the popular characters are concerned. It took some people who knew the series well enough to really expose how the character could function in game before anyone really started voting on him. I'm actually drawing out a moveset for him, but I've been trying to find time to finish it.

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
Eh, I guess he could use Triple Star to shoot attacks with different elemental effects.
Swag as hell and comes in Pimp Purple. He is like the Gambit (X-Men), Johnny (Guilty Gear), Spider (Mega Man X Command Mission), of Kirby.

Sahfarry

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2750-1620-0068
Ray was a late notice as far as the popular characters are concerned. It took some people who knew the series well enough to really expose how the character could function in game before anyone really started voting on him. I'm actually drawing out a moveset for him, but I've been trying to find time to finish it.
Excited to see it! Haven't seen too many moveset ideas for Ray out there.

Sahfarry

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2750-1620-0068
RAY STUFF

Nothing new to those who have already seen my Ray stuff, but for those who have not...
This is incredible. Did you draw that? I'm so glad this exists. Question: What are the two different heights for? Is it just two proposed sizes?

TRJV

Smash Journeyman
Swag as hell and comes in Pimp Purple. He is like the Gambit (X-Men), Johnny (Guilty Gear), Spider (Mega Man X Command Mission), of Kirby.

As swag as that picture is, That's Dark Daroach. If he were to join, he would wear his regular outfit. Which is red:

Last edited:

Spire

III
BRoomer

I want this guy soooo badly, but was never even remotely related to a Nintendo game.
His franchise is defunct anyway, only having two games made worldwide, one in Japan. Dreamworks probably wouldn't care, but meh.
I doubt anyone besides me knows his name, or even the game he's from.
Klaymen! If I could pick any video game character to add to Smash Bros., Klaymen would be IT. Skullmonkeys is one of my favorite games ever, thanks to the phenomenal art style and soundtrack. He's got enough of an arsenal for moveset potential, but yeah... 0% chance of getting into Project M. Considering PM's rules, he technically has a higher chance of making it into an official Smash Bros. game. Who knows? Doug TenNapel is making a new Neverhood game titled Armikrog that's coming out on PC, Mac, and Wii U. Maybe it'll generate some Neverhood interest, which could forego a remake/port of the Neverhood and Skullmonkeys for Nintendo consoles and thus Klaymen will be reborn as a Nintendo character!

One can dream...

Last edited:

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
As swag as that picture is, That's Dark Daroach. If he were to join, he would wear his regular outfit. Which is red:
I'm well aware that was Dark Daroach, hence why I said it comes in Pimp Purple. I was referring to an alt color.

This is incredible. Did you draw that? I'm so glad this exists. Question: What are the two different heights for? Is it just two proposed sizes?
Yeah this is my work, and I did draw these pictures. As for the chart, the top is my purposed height. The bottom was a height that was being debuted. The entire purpose of the chart was to show that Ray would look fine at my purposed height, while he would look out of place at the debuted height.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom