• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Characters for Project M Discussion Thread (Voting Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metazoa

Smash Cadet
If we're still talkin' new suggestions for characters, I'd like to throw Mr. Resetti's name into the mix.
A popular-ish Animal Crossing character...
...with pre-made models...
...and, as his weapon is a pick-axe, which is functionally similar to a hammer, he can rip a few cues from the Ice Climbers and Dedede.

andalsoandy

Smash Lord
If we're still talkin' new suggestions for characters, I'd like to throw Mr. Resetti's name into the mix.
...and, as his weapon is a pick-axe, which is functionally similar to a hammer, he can rip a few cues from the Ice Climbers and Dedede.
Tom Nook seems like the better choice. Resetti barely leaves the ground, doesn't have a whole lot of purpose outside of scolding the player, and has serious back problems.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
They said that they would make there own models
Since when was a pic-axe at all functionally similar to a hammer?

Metazoa

Smash Cadet
They said that they would make there own models
Since when was a pic-axe at all functionally similar to a hammer?
...Oh. I just figured they could just use the trophy model of Resetti on his feet or something.

Well, a mallet (probably a more accurate word) and a pic-axe are both swung up and down in order to strike whatever their target is (usually the ground for a pic-axe and a stake or something similar for a mallet).

Tom Nook seems like the better choice. Resetti barely leaves the ground, doesn't have a whole lot of purpose outside of scolding the player, and has serious back problems.
Resetti does have feet, so he probably could jump if he wanted.
That's probably a fair argument. He's probably not as relevant as Nook is.
We'll pretend he's got a good brace to keep his back straight.

I just figured Resetti might be a bit easier to craft a moveset for than Nook.

andalsoandy

Smash Lord
I just figured Resetti might be a bit easier to craft a moveset for than Nook.
Nook's got a lot of potential outside of AC though. He can have some of Mario's Tanooki power-ups if he wanted to.

He's kind of the prime AC choice right now (as the Villager is out of the question.)

(Also your avatar is bringing back bad memories... "You're not perfect...")
._.

Last edited:

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
Last edited:

GenericName

Smash Apprentice
Oh my god.

That trailer for Sonic Boom

What was sega thinking

Sonic and Knuckles are ruined forever.

Atleast Tails and Amy actually dont look stupid as hell with the lankier style.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
Oh my god.

That trailer for Sonic Boom

What was sega thinking

Sonic and Knuckles are ruined forever.

Atleast Tails and Amy actually dont look stupid as hell with the lankier style.
They did say that the character models were a work in progress, but I am sorry that Sonic having blue arms is all it takes to "kill" him.

Sonic probably has some of the most fickle fans, if it's not Sonic the Hedgehog 2, or a remake of Sonic the Hedgehog 2, or a port of Sonic the Hedgehog 2, they are not interested.

Kneato

Totoro Joe
They did say that the character models were a work in progress, but I am sorry that Sonic having blue arms is all it takes to "kill" him.

Sonic probably has some of the most fickle fans, if it's not Sonic the Hedgehog 2, or a remake of Sonic the Hedgehog 2, or a port of Sonic the Hedgehog 2, they are not interested.
I would like to put forth evidence to the contrary. Google "[yourname] the Hedgehog" and see the horrors that Sonic fans are content with.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
I would like to put forth evidence to the contrary. Google "[yourname] the Hedgehog" and see the horrors that Sonic fans are content with.
There are three types of Sonic fans:

the people who purely enjoy the games and maybe draw a piece of fanart from time to time, but nothing to extreme,

the people who draw creepy fanart and fanfics that no human being should ever have to see,

and the people with all the traits of the above, but will send you death threats for criticizing a Sonic game they enjoyed, or a fanfic they wrote. Now usually when you see these kinds of messages you shrug them off, it's just the internet after all, but these people are different, you don't know what they're capable of, you don't know if they're lying or not, they very well could be telling the truth, they very well could be mentally unstable, and there's nothing you can do to stop them until it's too late.

The fans you are referring to are in the latter two categories, but us in the former category like to pretend they don't exist.

Last edited:

arcticfox8

Smash Champion

I didn't know you were a black nerd.
But yeah preeeetty much.

Alfonzo Bagpipez

Smash Lord
NNID
Futatsu
3DS FC
0920-0032-8454
Yes. Though he wasn't really a PM contender anyway.

I'm laughing on how people are calling him broken, when he looks very gimpable and the KO uppercut can be easily spot dodged. meh
He's like a Falcon/Ike hybrid.
Poor Little Mac's gonna be mid/low tier :(.

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
The community already was expecting Little Mac in Smash 4. I don't think there's anyone who didn't see it coming, so this doesn't really change anything clone-engine-wise.

Hopefully Doc Louis becomes some sort of commentator during matches. Plz sakruai, pls!

MLGF

Smash Lord
God, that little Mac.
Project M's gonna have to break ground to beat that.

Winkwinknudgenudge.

Last edited:

jasgx

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5129-2859-2032
i vote project m releases the clone engine and a video tutorial on how to use it so we can all be happy that we all get the specific characterrs we want

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
Yes. Though he wasn't really a PM contender anyway.

I'm laughing on how people are calling him broken, when he looks very gimpable and the KO uppercut can be easily spot dodged. meh
I know right? Us Project M players can deal with Ivysaur's Solarbeam and Lucario's Super Moves just fine, what are they complaining about?

But I guess us members of the Project M master race can't really understand lesser mortals like SSB4 forum goers

EDIT: Don't get me wrong, I'm looking forward to SSB4 a ton. It's just the discussion we have here is on average smarter than what you're going to find in the Smash 4 forums. I know how we can be, too.

Last edited:

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
I know right? Us Project M players can deal with Ivysaur's Solarbeam and Lucario's Super Moves just fine, what are they complaining about?

But I guess us members of the Project M master race can't really understand lesser mortals like SSB4 forum goers ;)
However, we apparently can't deal with Zelda's "boringness" and Link's boomerang.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]

But I guess us members of the Project M master race can't really understand lesser mortals like SSB4 forum goers ;)
Yeah they do complain at times.

Then again I see it in every thread. No biggie, its just annoying how people can quickly jump the gun and assume something without evidence.

Also, I'm a member of all the smash races, but play PM the most as of now.

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz

Project M being awesome doesn't make SSB4 bad.

Last edited:

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
However, we apparently can't deal with Zelda's "boringness" and Link's boomerang.
Yeah they do complain at times.

Then again I see it in every thread. No biggie, its just annoying how people can quickly jump the gun and assume something without evidence.

Also, I'm a member of all the smash races, but play PM the most as of now.
Project M being awesome doesn't make SSB4 bad.
This wasn't the message I intended to show, I was just saying that, on average, the Project M forums feature more intelligent talk than the higher degree of stupid you sometimes see in the SSB4 forums. Dont get me wrong, I'm really looking forward to SSB4.

I'll edit my post to word it better, my bad.

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz
I think you guys are misunderstanding what I meant: I meant that there's literally no connection between the quality of both games.

I was argueing semantics. We all know that argueing about whose opinion is 'better' is silly, right?

Anyway, though ironically for some, we should be taking this discussion to the SSB4 section: we're indeed getting off-topic.

Last edited:

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
This wasn't the message I intended to show, I was just saying that, on average, the Project M forums feature more intelligent talk than the higher degree of stupid you sometimes see in the SSB4 forums. Dont get me wrong, I'm really looking forward to SSB4.

I'll edit my post to word it better, my bad.
Oh, my comment was merely me poking fun at this community. I wasn't implying that we aren't better. I do agree with you though.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
I think you guys are misunderstanding what I meant: I meant that there's literally no connection between the quality of both games.

I was argueing semantics. We all know that argueing about whose opinion is 'better' is silly, right?

Anyway, ironically for some, we should be taking this discussion to the SSB4 section: we're getting off-topic.
Greg, what did I tell you about opinion superiority?

Fortress

Smash Master
Hold on, let's talk about Lyn's voice first, because there's no way in Hell that anybody could think that the butch Brawl voice would be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom