• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Characters for Project M Discussion Thread (Voting Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
Coming from this sonic fan, I can safely say that I do not love big the cat.
Get out. :troll:

Nah its cool brah, everyone has different tastes, it was more of a joke anyway.

Still big the cat is cool 2 me. and shadow, because he says it in the game.

Still fine with any 5 choices though, as long as lyn is in there, its the last character I care about being in smash bros. As the other ones are already safe.

Last edited:

Halfhead

Smash Journeyman
Sorry about my post earlier regarding Banjo and Belmont. I had neglect to do my research on the requirements.

Also, has K.K. Slider gotten any mentions? I know Tom Nook has more star power in terms of Animal Crossing characters, but I've always prefered Slider for a number of reasons.
The first of these reasons is that he represents Kazumi Totaka, a composer that has done many soundtracks for Nintendo games and also supplies the voice of Yoshi. The second is that he was always the mascot in the earlier days of AC, only recently has Nook gotten more attention. The third is that he could be cloned from another character. Who? Jigglypuff.

IMPOSSIBLE!! Not really, actually. Hear me out. K.K. could have a guitar-based moveset where Jiggs' pound might be replaced by thrusting the butt of the guitar forward. Sing might not have to be changed much. Rollout and rest might have to be replaced or at least altered.
Most aerials could be the same as Jiggs' except for instead of slapping or sweeping feet, K.K. could swing the guitar around.
Obvious big changes would be that Slider doesn't seem like a multi-jump character, so knock that back to two and increase his vertical gain on each. The bone structures and general body type are also radically different, but I honestly don't know how big of a problem that is.

If Jiggs ends up not being a good base for him, other options include Olimar, Wario, or the Mother brothers.

I really like K.K. Slider, but I'm hesitant to spend any of my points until I hear some other opinions about him.

Last edited:

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
Sorry about my post earlier regarding Banjo and Belmont. I had neglect to do my research on the requirements.

Also, has K.K. Slider gotten any mentions? I know Tom Nook has more star power in terms of Animal Crossing characters, but I've always prefered Slider for a number of reasons.
The first of these reasons is that he represents Kazumi Totaka, a composer that has done many soundtracks for Nintendo games and also supplies the voice of Yoshi. The second is that he was always the mascot in the earlier days of AC, only recently has Nook gotten more attention. The third is that he could be cloned from another character. Who? Jigglypuff.

IMPOSSIBLE!! Not really, actually. Hear me out. K.K. could have a guitar-based moveset where Jiggs' pound might be replaced by thrusting the butt of the guitar forward. Sing might not have to be changed much. Rollout and rest might have to be replaced or at least altered.
Most aerials could be the same as Jiggs' except for instead of slapping or sweeping feet, K.K. could swing the guitar around.
Obvious big changes would be that Slider doesn't seem like a multi-jump character, so knock that back to two and increase his vertical gain on each. The bone structures and general body type are also radically different, but I honestly don't know how big of a problem that is.

If Jiggs ends up not being a good base for him, other options include Olimar, Wario, or the Mother brothers.

I really like K.K. Slider, but I'm hesitant to spend any of my points until I hear some other opinions about him.
The problem is K.K. is a stationary character. He's only been seen walking like what? Once? The only move you could really draw from him is sing and considering it's mutha ****in KK Slider on the mic, you know nobody's going to sleep during dat sheit bro! As for your suggestions for clones, I don't see how most of them would translate well. (What would K.K. use in replacement moves like PK Fire, Freeze, Offense up, Magnet, and Flash? What would be K.K.'s Pikmin equivalent? How would roll out, ground pound, or shoulder bash work? I mean we really only know 5 things about KK as a character:

1. He's a dog
  2. He's a cooooooool cat
  3. He loves his guitar
  4. He likes his coffee with blended beans and no sugar or milk
  5. He supports the pirating of music
I really like the idea but I don't think we have enough resources to work with to make him a character true to his in-game appearances. Maybe if someone can come up with a good moveset I'll support him but I just don't see it happening.

Last edited:

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
I'm not even a Sonic fan and I know of the wonders of Big the Cat.

It's great that we now can now move on from that damned leak. I was getting tired of reading the same stuff over and over again...

So anyone got any new suggestions? No? Ok...

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
Let's talk about those recent leaks, I heard they're going to put Mario Brothers in there.
Actually my friend's brother knows someone who might or might not be the PMBR's uncle. He said he got relevant info on the future releases of PM, but is in no position to leak much yet. All he said is that there will be cuts and that the items options will permanently remain on. Oh, and he also said that half the remaining cast has been replaced by Fox. Don't quote me on this though.

It was actually painful to write all this.

Last edited:

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
Actually my :pichumelee:'s :pichumelee: knows someone who might or might not be :pichumelee:'s uncle. :pichumelee: said :pichumelee: got relevant info on the future releases of Project:pichumelee:, but is in no position to leak much yet. All :pichumelee: said is that there will be :pichumelee: and that :pichumelee: will permanently remain on. Oh, and :pichumelee: also said that the remaining cast has been replaced by :pichumelee:.

It was actually wonderful to write all this.

Rasgar

Smash Apprentice
Eh, I think there's a reason Amy is in Sonic Boom and Shadow isn't. She deserves a Smash spot before Shadow.
Yeah, I'm pretty sure that reason is because Sonic Boom is about Sonic and his best friends hanging out. I don't think Shadow would fit into that very well.

Anyway, with all this discussion of Sonic characters, why does no one care about Silver?

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
Yeah, I'm pretty sure that reason is because Sonic Boom is about Sonic and his best friends hanging out. I don't think Shadow would fit into that very well.
Which explains why Eggman's there!
Anyway, with all this discussion of Sonic characters, why does no one care about Silver?
Your trying to get Silver on the list, above Sonic Tier? Well... IT'S NO USE!

Last edited:

Rasgar

Smash Apprentice
Which explains why Eggman's there!
Wait, Eggman is a playable character Sonic Boom in place of Amy? I have not heard about this.

But seriously, it seems like a typical 4-player game with only 4 playable characters. Amy is obviously a better fit than Shadow. This has no bearing on Shadow's popularity.

Your trying to get Silver on the list, above Sonic Tier? Well... IT'S NO USE!
*rolls eyes* Nope, I'm not stupid. But he's not even at the bottom of Sonic tier, it's like he just doesn't exist.

Ginge

Smash Ace
The problem with Silver is that all the other Sonic characters are dozens of time more deserving than Silver. Honestly, if they were going to actually add a Sonic character, he'd be the last choice. How many games was he in? I think even the Chao's or Chaos have a better chance of getting in.

Shin F.

Smash Master
Is it... is it safe to come out now? Has all the stupid left? *Looks around*

Well... at least it's down to normal levels.

You know, Chibi-Robo hasn't been brought up very much here, but his SSF2 moveset looks really interesting. I'd be curious to see what PMBR would do with him.

Regarding KK Slider, the Scott Pilgrim PSA has a nice neutral B that would fit him well where he plays his guitar, and he's a Lucas base.

Last edited:

Rasgar

Smash Apprentice
The problem with Silver is that all the other Sonic characters are dozens of time more deserving than Silver. Honestly, if they were going to actually add a Sonic character, he'd be the last choice. How many games was he in? I think even the Chao's or Chaos have a better chance of getting in.
I think Silver has interesting potential for a moveset, not sure what a Chao would do (though that's due to my own lack of knowledge). Including random sports spin-offs etc., but not including little cameos where he didn't do anything (like SSBB), my quick research shows me that Silver has been in 15 games. Which is almost twice as much as Big, by the way (although I'm probably missing some sort of joke with Big).

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
Is it... is it safe to come out now? Has all the stupid left? *Looks around*

Well... at least it's down to normal levels.

You know, Chibi-Robo hasn't been brought up very much here. I know he's not very popular (I've never even played his game) but his SSF2 moveset looks really interesting.

Regarding KK Slider, the Scott Pilgrim PSA has a nice neutral B that would fit him well where he plays his guitar, and he's a Lucas base.
Chibi-Robo would be interesting, but probably really difficult to do justice with the clone engine limitations...but I'm not positive, since it's been a long time since I played the game.

Halfhead

Smash Journeyman
The problem is K.K. is a stationary character. He's only been seen walking like what? Once? The only move you could really draw from him is sing and considering it's mutha ****in KK Slider on the mic, you know nobody's going to sleep during dat sheit bro! As for your suggestions for clones, I don't see how most of them would translate well. (What would K.K. use in replacement moves like PK Fire, Freeze, Offense up, Magnet, and Flash? What would be K.K.'s Pikmin equivalent? How would roll out, ground pound, or shoulder bash work?
I hadn't thought about how he can't fight. Good point, we've been asking for Captain Falcon for ages but Sakurai keeps saying "Dude's only been seen driving. He obvs can't fight."

Toning down sarcasm now: It was the same for Fox and Falco before adventures, Peach before SPP, and R.O.B.

I don't mean to sounds snippy, but I did write how I think he could be cloned from Jiggly. You are right in that Rollout doesn't fit, but doesn't every character have a few moves that need to be reskined or entirely reworked in order to be cloned into what you want them to be?

Ginge

Smash Ace
I think Silver has interesting potential for a moveset, not sure what a Chao would do (though that's due to my own lack of knowledge). Including random sports spin-offs etc., but not including little cameos where he didn't do anything (like SSBB), my quick research shows me that Silver has been in 15 games. Which is almost twice as much as Big, by the way (although I'm probably missing some sort of joke with Big).
Silver was introduced to the series in 2006, though. And most of his cameos are in non-main series games. He'd be the equivalent of Birdo in the Mario series. Big is usually a hidden appearance somewhere in the background of a stage in the games.

Tails, Knuckles, Shadow, Eggman, Rouge, and Cream would all be more interesting move sets and more deserving.

Last edited:

Vigilante

Smash Lord
No, the only purple character we are going to be confirming will be Barney the dinosaur. That broken friendship shine, gosh!

JCOnyx

Smash Ace
NNID
JCOnyx
The "best" purple character choice would obviously be Ridley, although he's been more blue than purple in some of his incarnations. Although that could also relate to the PMBR since they can't seem to decide if purple or blue is their main color anyways.

The only other eligible purple characters that I can see are:
Big the Cat
Blaze the Cat
Vivian
... Walui *shot*

You know, I think I remember Vivian being brought up once before in this thread but she was probably shot down because of how strange she would be to implement, seeing as how she's always grounded and everything. To be honest, she'd probably be even harder than Boo... and that's saying something.

There are a lot of good purple characters when you look outside of smash. Juri, Morrigan, Sheena, Ivy... I just realized I named all girls of the top of my head. Then let's stick Jonathan Joestar in there for some purple diversity. And even if he's a sellout nowadays, Spyro will always be one of the most recognizable purple characters in VG history.

Ginge

Smash Ace
The "best" purple character choice would obviously be Ridley, although he's been more blue than purple in some of his incarnations.
"Barney" is how most of the thread refers to Ridley anyway.

If we're gonna put a second Roy in, it has to be Roy Mustang.
I approve of the Fullmetal Alchemist love, but you know that's not feasible :p

Last edited:

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
I approve of the Fullmetal Alchemist love, but you know that's not feasible :p
You're totally right. We already have one Roy with fire, we don't need a second one. :p

Srsly tho, I know. But neither are most of the other Roys people said above me.

Kneato

Totoro Joe
Mkay. I haven't voted yet. So here are my votes.

+1:
Skull Kid - My favorite character from the Zelda series. PMBR can go wild with his move set since there is little they have to conform to from Majoras Mask. Also, confirmed to not be playable in Smash 4

Dixie Kong - Pony tail could lend her an interesting and unique fighting style. Also, more girls etc. etc.

Lyn - Fighting style could be a cool mix of metaknight's quick slashes, and lucario's on hit cancels. Also more girls etc. etc.

Big the Cat - The only character I would really want to play which would appease the Sonic fans without adding in some garbage like Shadow. Also, would help diversify the cast by adding in another big/heavy character which there are few of (Bowser, DK, DDD, Charizard) along with a new weapon (fishing pole).

Black Shadow - The current Ganon move set is based off of him being Captain Falcon's clone from Melee. It would make a lot more sense for Black Shadow to have this move set and to give Ganon something more canon.

It should be noted that all of these appear in Brawl at least in the form of stickers.

-1:
Pichu - With little to no potential for a unique move set that could set him apart from Pikachu, I would consider him a wasted Clone Engine slot.

Last edited:

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
I hadn't thought about how he can't fight. Good point, we've been asking for Captain Falcon for ages but Sakurai keeps saying "Dude's only been seen driving. He obvs can't fight."

Toning down sarcasm now: It was the same for Fox and Falco before adventures, Peach before SPP, and R.O.B.

I don't mean to sounds snippy, but I did write how I think he could be cloned from Jiggly. You are right in that Rollout doesn't fit, but doesn't every character have a few moves that need to be reskined or entirely reworked in order to be cloned into what you want them to be?
Yes, there have been characters that were given movesets without any in-game basis to work from, but the least you could do before suggesting a character is tell us about how you think he would play. Instead of saying "He could be a Jiggz clone, Mother Boys clone, Olimar clone, or Wario clone" say why he could be a clone of one of those characters. If you actually read my post, you would know I said "I really like the idea but I don't think we have enough resources to work with to make him a character true to his in-game appearances. Maybe if someone can come up with a good moveset I'll support him but I just don't see it happening." I said I liked the idea but didn't feel like he could possibly make it in if we can't even come up with an idea of how he might play. If you can make a convincing argument on how he could play, how he could be cloned off these characters, and how he could fit in with the rest of the roster, then I will at least acknowledge it's existence as a possible choice.

arcticfox8

Smash Champion
Silver was introduced to the series in 2006, though. And most of his cameos are in non-main series games. He'd be the equivalent of Birdo in the Mario series. Big is usually a hidden appearance somewhere in the background of a stage in the games.

Tails, Knuckles, Shadow, Eggman, Rouge, and Cream would all be more interesting move sets and more deserving.
Don't forget Amy and Blaze, especially if you list Rouge, Cream, and Shadow.

CardiganBoy

Smash Lord
Yeah, first purple character should be Ridley.
And Big the Cat should use his fishing pole to grab opponets and also should be able to tether recovery. And i second that big/heavy characters are awesome.

Freduardo

Smash Champion
The problem is K.K. is a stationary character. He's only been seen walking like what? Once? The only move you could really draw from him is sing and considering it's mutha ****in KK Slider on the mic, you know nobody's going to sleep during dat sheit bro! As for your suggestions for clones, I don't see how most of them would translate well. (What would K.K. use in replacement moves like PK Fire, Freeze, Offense up, Magnet, and Flash? What would be K.K.'s Pikmin equivalent? How would roll out, ground pound, or shoulder bash work? I mean we really only know 5 things about KK as a character:

1. He's a dog
  2. He's a cooooooool cat
  3. He loves his guitar
  4. He likes his coffee with blended beans and no sugar or milk
  5. He supports the pirating of music
I really like the idea but I don't think we have enough resources to work with to make him a character true to his in-game appearances. Maybe if someone can come up with a good moveset I'll support him but I just don't see it happening.
I'll admit I don't know much about animal crossing, or how villager or tom nook would fight. But I like K.K. Slider if only for knowing him as a smash brothers easter egg of his time based concerts. So using the non-sword weapon of guitar, and the five facts you've said about him, I figured K.K. Slider has a pretty easy move set:

B (Neutral) Jam: Like Jigglypuff's sing only opponents hit get have random effects based on color coded jams.
Purple musical notes: "Purple Haze" - Being hit puts the opponent under a 'smoke bomb' effect combo'd with lip's stick poison.
Grey Music Notes: "Mellow Jam" - Opponents affected by 'slow-mo'
Red Music Notes: "Explosive Riff" - The notes have tiny small damaging explosions.
Blue Music Notes: "Tiny Blues" - Opponents shrunk.
Green music notes: "Large March" - Opponents made giant.
Pink music notes: "Spicy lick" - Opponent just had curry.

No effect lasts more than 5 seconds. Really this move just confuses the board. Most are beneficial, some are dangerous. More useful in 4 player matches.

Forward B: "Power Chord" - KK plays a power chord sending a character sized damaging-with pushback musical note forward. Pretty damn cheesy for edging unless it's slower than my imagination. For effectiveness should not be slower than Link's arrow.

Up B: "Sonic Echo" - KK Plays a 'power chord' aimed at the ground, sending him upwards. Hitbox going downward is also cheesy for edging. KK makes up for this by being small and light and not able to float like Jigglypuff or Kirby.

Down B: "El Kabong" KK rears back his guitar for a charged melee swing like Ike/Roy/Marth/DeDeDe for a melee attack with 'oomph' but let's face it unless you're in four player or your opponent is an idiot, hitting with these moves are hard to impossible.

As for his A- Attacks, it's a lot of face smacking with a guitar

Final Smash 'Concert' Just show him do his concert.

Now to daydream about how Barney would play.

Halfhead

Smash Journeyman
I'll admit I don't know much about animal crossing, or how villager or tom nook would fight. But I like K.K. Slider if only for knowing him as a smash brothers easter egg of his time based concerts. So using the non-sword weapon of guitar, and the five facts you've said about him, I figured K.K. Slider has a pretty easy move set:

B (Neutral) Jam: Like Jigglypuff's sing only opponents hit get have random effects based on color coded jams.
Purple musical notes: "Purple Haze" - Being hit puts the opponent under a 'smoke bomb' effect combo'd with lip's stick poison.
Grey Music Notes: "Mellow Jam" - Opponents affected by 'slow-mo'
Red Music Notes: "Explosive Riff" - The notes have tiny small damaging explosions.
Blue Music Notes: "Tiny Blues" - Opponents shrunk.
Green music notes: "Large March" - Opponents made giant.
Pink music notes: "Spicy lick" - Opponent just had curry.

No effect lasts more than 5 seconds. Really this move just confuses the board. Most are beneficial, some are dangerous. More useful in 4 player matches.

Forward B: "Power Chord" - KK plays a power chord sending a character sized damaging-with pushback musical note forward. Pretty damn cheesy for edging unless it's slower than my imagination. For effectiveness should not be slower than Link's arrow.

Up B: "Sonic Echo" - KK Plays a 'power chord' aimed at the ground, sending him upwards. Hitbox going downward is also cheesy for edging. KK makes up for this by being small and light and not able to float like Jigglypuff or Kirby.

Down B: "El Kabong" KK rears back his guitar for a charged melee swing like Ike/Roy/Marth/DeDeDe for a melee attack with 'oomph' but let's face it unless you're in four player or your opponent is an idiot, hitting with these moves are hard to impossible.

As for his A- Attacks, it's a lot of face smacking with a guitar

Final Smash 'Concert' Just show him do his concert.

I love it. Officially now: +1 to K.K. Slider.

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
Barney will be a stronger, faster Giga Bowser clone with Fox's up smash. My cousin works for the PMBR so I know he's telling the truth.

...in all seriousness I never expected Big to actually be liked. Oh well, I'd like him more than Shadow at least.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom