• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Characters for Project M Discussion Thread (Voting Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

arcticfox8

Smash Champion
I bet a lot of them are on the Lyn fanwagon just for the T&A or I think it might be some just liking samurai but it's all quite dubious and I'd hate to see PM lose some of it's respectability by adding in fanservice-pandering newcomers without even asking why they want them so much.
Since when was Lyn a fanservice character? Female =/= Fanservice

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
I admit she has potential, but I don't understand her innate popularity within the Smash fandom, as it appears many supporters don't seem into FE that much as a whole.
She was an AT. Any reasonably interesting AT will have a great amount of support due to the visibility which accompanies AT status.

It's the same reason Isaac enjoys such overwhelming support. Even though that many people didn't play Golden Sun, he looks cool and he was an interesting AT, so people want him.

Last edited:

Ginge

Smash Ace
I've played every Fire Emblem that has made it stateside. FE7 is still my favorite Fire Emblem out, though Awakening did a pretty good job. I was just never able to get into Path Of Radiance or Radiant Dawn easily. The characters felt blander to me. And while I prefer the gameplay of Sacred Stones, I enjoyed the story and supports available in FE7 more. Lyn was the only character that really interacted with the player throughout the game and was the first character that you controlled. Of the lords in FE7, she had the style that interested me most (Maxing out Speed is a godsend. 4 hits in one encounter with a brave sword equipped? Um, yes. And she criticals like a beast.).

My support of Lyn is NOT due to fanservice and YAY BOOBS. It's because I liked her as a character and greatly support the proposed moveset with sketches linked in the first post.

cmvnb3

Smash Apprentice
Since when was Lyn a fanservice character? Female =/= Fanservice
This applies to pretty much every female FE character from what I've seen. Lyn isn't the worst one but Brawl had its effect just from her being an assist. Also, Lyn's thighs are exposed in some of her poses all the way around her rump. It's blatant how fanservice some of her official art is and you'd have to be a deluded FE fan-drone to think otherwise.

Last edited:

FireBall Stars

Smash Ace
I don't like posting here because people will tend to interpret posts as hidden tips for characters that will be included and all. But there's a small clarification to make regarding to third party characters and C&D.

As we have already stated, any character that appears on Brawl is a valid candidate, even the third-party ones, going from tails to gray fox. In the unlikely case of a C&D of Konami or Sega due to a inclusion of their characters the results would only be the removal of that character and not the project being shut down. It would still be very unfortunate due to spending a lot of time on character just to remove him afterwards. In theory we could add any possible character and only be susceptible to that character's removal, our policy of brawl-only characters not only serves to be a professional way to procede but also in a way so we have a much less risk of having to remove a character we have already included in the case one of them is a third-party character in Brawl. In fact the third-party characters which would have the less chance of receiving a C&D would be Shadow and Gray Fox due to already having Jason Griffith and Rob Paulsen already credited as doing their voices in the game.

The only company which a C&D would result in the PMBR being shut down is one from Nintendo itself, we don't even need to affect sales of smash 4 (which we most likely won't), if one day the Nintendo guys wake up and decide to shut us down they can and there's nothing we can do about it.

Last edited:

Ginge

Smash Ace
While I don't expect someone that watches wrestling to be too witty, "T&A" is a very common phrase, abbreviating "t*** and a**". I hope to god this also doesn't confuse you. I give up if it still does.
No need to be a douche, man. He was saying "What?" because your judgement about people liking Lyn only for the T&A is groundless. He also doesn't necessarily like wrestling. You can use gifs without caring about the source. And if he does like wrestling, it's his choice.

Edit: Also, based on his avatar, he has excellent taste. Sandman is awesome.

Last edited:

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
While I don't expect someone that watches wrestling to be too witty, "T&A" is a very common phrase, abbreviating "t*** and a**". I hope to god this also doesn't confuse you. I give up if it still does.
While I don't expect someone who just made a dumb assumtion to understand, my gif response wasn't to be taken seriously as I MADE a response with an animated image. I hope to Superman this also doesn't confuse you. Actually, I wouldn't be surprised.

Also, if you got a problem with my wrestling gifs, well that's too damn bad.

Edit: Also, based on his avatar, he has excellent taste. Sandman is awesome.
Thank you fellow brother of excellent taste.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
You also hate Other M ZSS

like I said in another thread i found you in....

What's your problem bro? are you trolling? because it seems like you are.

Metazoa

Smash Cadet
Oh, wow, you sure showed how much smarter and more superior you are to us lowlifes.

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
In fact the third-party characters which would have the less chance of receiving a C&D would be Shadow and Gray Fox due to already having Jason Griffith and Rob Paulsen already credited as doing their voices in the game.
Oh ****, Gray fox and Shadow confirmed yo!!!!

GET HYPE.
wait....
I don't like posting here because people will tend to interpret posts as hidden tips for characters that will be included and all.
;_;

Thank you for the clarifications on that subject though.

What sucks about working with Smash Bros is that there are so many cool Nintendo characters to choose from, that the hance of making everyone happy is 0%. This thread makes me wish we had unlimited ressources. Nevertheless, don't limit yourselves to rumours for ideas. Unlike what they seem to indicate, we do not yet have a finalized roster of clones, nor do we know how many there might be.
This is it. This is the best post in the thread.

It's like a shining beacon of hope for everyone.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Whelp. Looks like we're back to square one.

Glad someone clarified for all us crazy people!

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I'm glad we're not limited to just discussing "leaked" characters anymore. Dixie Kong hype.
This is honestly the part I'm hyped about too. All aboard the Dixie hype train!

王女 クマトラ

Outta my way, dammit!
NNID
ChieSatonaka
I don't like posting here because people will tend to interpret posts as hidden tips for characters that will be included and all. But there's a small clarification to make regarding to third party characters and C&D.

As we have already stated, any character that appears on Brawl is a valid candidate, even the third-party ones, going from tails to gray fox. In the unlikely case of a C&D of Konami or Sega due to a inclusion of their characters the results would only be the removal of that character and not the project being shut down. It would still be very unfortunate due to spending a lot of time on character just to remove him afterwards. In theory we could add any possible character and only be susceptible to that character's removal, our policy of brawl-only characters not only serves to be a professional way to procede but also in a way so we have a much less risk of having to remove a character we have already included in the case one of them is a third-party character in Brawl. In fact the third-party characters which would have the less chance of receiving a C&D would be Shadow and Gray Fox due to already having Jason Griffith and Rob Paulsen already credited as doing their voices in the game.

The only company which a C&D would result in the PMBR being shut down is one from Nintendo itself, we don't even need to affect sales of smash 4 (which we most likely won't), if one day the Nintendo guys wake up and decide to shut us down they can and there's nothing we can do about it.
Amy is still possible, then?! 8D

Last edited:

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
Hammer weapons are less common, only being on ICs and DooDooDaze
Female representative.

I don't think many people would want Amy though. Since she comes from sonic as well she is likely to be instantly hated upon too.

Tragic because I think she has potential too.

arcticfox8

Smash Champion
Hammer weapons are less common, only being on ICs and DooDooDaze
Female representative.

I don't think many people would want Amy though. Since she comes from sonic as well she is likely to be instantly hated upon too.

Tragic because I think she has potential too.
She's definitely more deserving than Shadow. I'm pretty sure we can all agree on that.

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
He can attack with his shoes. We don't have that in the game. yuneek
>Implying we have to use that idea instead of his Sonic Battle moveset.

Man, Shadow in Sonic Battle is pretty damn good. I'm pretty sure Sonic drew a bit of inspiration from his Sonic battle so Shadow could do it as well.

arcticfox8

Smash Champion
Eh, I think there's a reason Amy is in Sonic Boom and Shadow isn't. She deserves a Smash spot before Shadow. How I see it, it goes
Tails
Knuckles
Eggman
Amy
Shadow and Blaze

By that point the rest of the list has pretty much lost all hope of a Smash spot.

Ginge

Smash Ace
Big the Cat is the only Sonic character that is well liked / unhated enough to be above Sonic Tier if we ever had a proposed moveset made for him.

+ 1/2 for Big the Cat.

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
I don't even know why either.

I hope it's some inside running joke or something, like "bcuz melee"

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
@ MLGF MLGF : You make a Lyn-bashing post in a reply to me?

Do you like ... know anything about me? LoL ...

Huge Lyn supporter, FYI
Why haven't I added you yet? even though I almost made the lyn thread until manly came along, he's cool tho were buds.

All tru sanic fans love big the cat, if not, your not a tru sanic fan, its part of the rulez mannnnnnnn.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom