• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Characters for Project M Discussion Thread (Voting Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
EDIT: I took such a long time typing everything up, so I hope I don't / didn't derail any important conversation.

All right! Back on the computer for my own bottom-of-the-barrel character: A Link to the Past...Link!

ALttP Link? Altihtihpuh Link? You know, for simplicity's sake I'll call him Past Link.

a-link-to-the-past-link.jpg

So he'd be the third Link, you say. Isn't that redundant? I'll tell YOU what's redundant: Wind Waker Link added without any of the items from Wind Waker! He was just Young Link from Melee again, who in turn could've been Link using Majora's Mask items. Oh well, at least Toon Link is fun to use since he's an amalgamation of 3 different Links. Plus, even before Project M he was better than all the other Zelda characters in Brawl. That's pretty cool.

Where was I? Oh yeah, so basically this Link would change all that. Most of his normals and 3 of his specials are different and derive from his canonical appearances: A Link to the Past, Link's Awakening, and the Oracle games. So he'd essentially be the opposite of Ganondorf: Instead of looking wildly different but having a clone moveset, he'd look like a clone of someone else but play wildly unique. Fitting, both in a Smash and Zelda sense.

However, like all Fire Emblem characters they DO share a special, namely the Spin Attack. He's from the game that introduced it, no way I'd leave it out. Still, it's not his up-B but rather his down-B. I'll explain below.

Specials

Neutral: Fire Rod

Quickly waves the Fire Rod and shoots a little fireball toward the ground, which erupts into a pillar of flames that moves toward the enemy. Basically, it's like Pikachu's or Ice Climbers' neutral-B in that it hugs the ground so you can't crouch to avoid it. It's a tall pillar, so it has the most vertical range of this kind of attack. It's meant to replicate its utility in A Link Between Worlds. If the little fireball hits the opponent instead of the pillar, it erupts for a brief second dealing vertical knockback.
*side note: I chose the Fire Rod and not the Ice Rod because the Fire Rod was in 2 of his games (A Link to the Past and Link's Awakening, the latter under the name "Magic Rod"), while the Ice Rod was only in A Link to the Past.

Side: Pegasus Boots

Basically Wario's Shoulder Bash, but goes much faster and farther, deals less damage and knockback, and the hitbox is located on Link's outstretched sword rather than the whole front of his body. Like Wario, it gets stronger the farther you get when you connect with a hit. It works the same way in the air, but with gravity. It makes you go into special fall.

Down: Spin Attack

Works much differently than the other Links' Spin Attacks. Its duration is about a quarter as long, it has half the range, and it's visually a single spin instead of multiple. On the ground it's a panic move for getting somebody that's up in your face away from you--it deals little but fixed horizontal knockback. Then, Link holds up his shield to reflect projectiles, unlike the other Links who simply block them.
Have you put it together yet? I've turned the spin attack into a shine :awesome: It's only a rudimentary one, though, to compensate for it's bigger range, so you can't jump-cancel it or use it to stall your fall. In the air, it's the only downwards angled Spin Attack (Twilight Link aims his up while Toon Link aims horizontally) before going into shield mode, and it acts as a spike if used up close at the base of the blade. Otherwise it's just a meteor smash.

Up: Roc's Cape

I was originally going to make this a glide, but I decided against it since Pegasus Boots already give you horizontal recovery. Instead, it works like 2 extra jumps. The first jump has Link spin; it goes the highest and he holds his sword slightly out during it, like Meta Knight's N-Air but with vertical recovery. The second jump has Link spread his body out; this gives him an extra vertical boost via a tiny hop the jump makes. The second jump also changes the momentum from vertical to horizontal, but only for a brief moment before Link puts his body down. Another thing: Link doesn't go into special fall during any of this so he can still act out of it with aerials and specials.

Normals

Jab: a simple one-two sword swipe. Basically Marth's jab but with more horizontal reach and less vertical range. The jab is supposed to reference his games' sword always covering a wide area so it made sense to base it off Marth in this instance.

Dash Attack: Past Link hops while kicking forward with the Pegasus Boots. The same as, say, Zero Suit Samus' dash attack.

F-Tilt: Leans forward while stabbing. Similar to Roy's f-tilt but it comes out quicker and has a lingering hitbox.

D-Tilt: same as Toon Link's d-tilt, but with a fire effect instead of an electric one.

U-Tilt: does a sword swipe above him. Good for juggling.

F-Smash: Past Link does a powerful swing with his sword that has great horizontal reach. Like ZSS' f-smash, it reaches behind him, too.

D-Smash: Past Link drives his sword into the ground. The hitbox covering the sword is very powerful, so this is Past Link's strongest smash. You can interrupt the sword planting if you're quick enough, though.

U-Smash: Toon Link's old u-smash, a single upward strike. Like Past Link's f-smash though, it covers a little more range to the left and right. It's also punishable, with a little more endlag

Aerials

N-Air: a sex kick with the Pegasus Boots. Pretty much the same as Twilight Link's, except with cooler footwear.

F-Air: a sword swipe like Toon Link's but it sends at a diagonally upward angle. Awesome combo starter if SHFFLed.

B-Air: a backwards sword strike. Good for edgeguarding, it works like Meta Knight's b-air but has more range and less knockback.

D-Air: Toon Link's old d-air

U-Air: Past Link stabs the sky like the other Links, only much quicker.

Grabs

All of his grabs use his Bug Catching Net from A Link to the Past, though he uses it in a similar way to the Villager's net grab from Smash For (a grab that covered both behind and in front of you like the Bug Catching Net did in ALttP would be really scary). This means he can grab people even if they're not on the ground. This is to keep the theme of every Link having a more utility grab than most other characters.

Pummel: The fastest in the game, like vBrawl Lucas'. Basically he kicks the grabbed opponent with the Pegasus Boots. You can hit a maximum of 8 times if the opponent makes the mistake of not struggling. Realistically, You'd only be able to get in about 5 kicks at most if the other player button mashes his / herself out of the grab.

F-Throw: Past Link picks his opponent up with the Titan Mitts and throws them at a fixed angle forward. This throw doesn't really allow for DI so it's rather strong.

B-Throw: Past Link turns around with the opponent and stabs them away. Like Toon Link's b-throw, it has fixed knockback.

D-Throw: Past Link sets the opponent down and slams his sword into them. Sends at a vertical angle and is quicker than it sounds.

U-Throw: Tosses the opponent up and does a swipe above him. This has a lot of vertical knockback.

Taunts

1) Takes out the Magic Mirror to look at it.

2) Takes out an ocarina-looking flute like in A Link to the Past and Link's Awakening. If regularly pressed, you hear the flute song like in A Link to the Past.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6rraewoB9E
(this version is the long version. The 4 second version is what I mean)

If you light-press it, you get the Ballad of the Wind Fish instead.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4Ofmt3ZazA
(you hear it about 8 seconds in. Basically, the short version again.)

3) Does a quick spin and raises his sword in the air like when he beats a dungeon in A Link to the Past.

Like with WAAAAH, I made this moveset purely for fun, ESPECIALLY since a third Link will never happen. Even WAAAAH has a better chance :p

Last edited:

andalsoandy

Smash Lord
o
my
gawsh
people actually halfvoted starfy and excitebiker
hallelujah someone prolly readed my posts

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
Now I wanna write out the Lucina moveset I've been developing idly for the past week ...
A Fire Emblem expert can tell me if I'm wrong but I think Lucina's ineligible because she's not in Brawl. In which case you can share your moveset in the Smash For forums.

Alfonzo Bagpipez

Smash Lord
NNID
Futatsu
3DS FC
0920-0032-8454
A Fire Emblem expert can tell me if I'm wrong but I think Lucina's ineligible because she's not in Brawl. In which case you can share your moveset in the Smash For forums.
She's ineligible for an official PM release, but someone else could still make a Lucina with Lordling's moveset.

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
She's ineligible for an official PM release, but someone else could still make a Lucina with Lordling's moveset.
Yeah I see. While it'll only show up in the Customized Content, I foresee lots of people trying to replicate Smash For characters into Project M in the future.

Thane of Blue Flames

Fire is catching.
Awakening is a 2013 game, she's so ineligible it ain't funny.

It's just that I was playing Awakening the other day and I saw one of her common combat animations was EXACTLY Wolf's side-smash, but with a sword.

And I got so hype over sword-wielding Fire Emblem female Wolf that I made a moveset

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
I got BrawlEx working on Dolphin via the video tutorial in the first page. Set up three PSA's I have, and it feels pretty awesome to not have to replace anybody.

As for a 100-character roster...

Mario
Donkey Kong
Link
Samus
Fox
Pikachu
Kirby
Yoshi
Luigi
Captain Falcon
Ness
Jigglypuff
Bowser
Peach
Zelda
Sheik
Ice Climbers
Marth
Ganondorf
Falco
Mr. Game & Watch
Roy
Mewtwo
Pit
Meta Knight
King Dedede
Wario
Lucario
Charizard
Squirtle
Ivysaur
Zero Suit Samus
Ike
Lucas
Diddy Kong
Olimar
Snake
R.O.B.
Toon Link
Wolf
Sonic
Sami
Sukapon
Lyn
Little Mac
Isaac
Pichu
Meowth
Blaziken
Toad
Bowser Jr.
Waluigi
Saki
Chibi-Robo
Tingle
Toon Zelda
Tetra
Andy
Soren
Micaiah
Sothe
King K. Rool
Palutena
Ridley
Barbara the Bat
Dixie Kong
Lanky Kong
Cranky Kong
Daisy
Villager
Tom Nook
K.K. Slider
Skull Kid
Dark Samus
Kamek
Masked Man
Porky
Petey Piranha
Midna
Stafy
Ashley
Jimmy T.
Mona
Krystal
Slippy
Samurai Goroh
Black Shadow
Mr. Resetti
Ray MK III
Balloon Fighter
The Black Knight
Waddle Dee
Mach Rider
Deoxys
Gardevoir
Pico
Tails
Knuckles
Dr. Eggman
Amy Rose

All Nintendo or otherwise characters that appear in Brawl. Went all over the place trying to think of potentials, so apologies for the relative lack of order among where everybody is on the list. (Interestingly enough, Impa is not eligible for the Clone Engine either, because there is no sign of her when searching on SSBWiki for trophies or stickers. Otherwise, I would've included her over probably Midna - who herself was a replacement for King Boo, who is not, strictly speaking, eligible, as a normal Boo appears in a few trophies/stickers but the King variety does not.)

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
I got BrawlEx working on Dolphin via the video tutorial in the first page. Set up three PSA's I have, and it feels pretty awesome to not have to replace anybody.

As for a 100-character roster...

Mario
Donkey Kong
Link
Samus
Fox
Pikachu
Kirby
Yoshi
Luigi
Captain Falcon
Ness
Jigglypuff
Bowser
Peach
Zelda
Sheik
Ice Climbers
Marth
Ganondorf
Falco
Mr. Game & Watch
Roy
Mewtwo
Pit
Meta Knight
King Dedede
Wario
Lucario
Charizard
Squirtle
Ivysaur
Zero Suit Samus
Ike
Lucas
Diddy Kong
Olimar
Snake
R.O.B.
Toon Link
Wolf
Sonic
Sami
Sukapon
Lyn
Little Mac
Isaac
Pichu
Meowth
Blaziken
Toad
Bowser Jr.
Waluigi
Saki
Chibi-Robo
Tingle
Toon Zelda
Tetra
Andy
Soren
Micaiah
Sothe
King K. Rool
Palutena
Ridley
Barbara the Bat
Dixie Kong
Lanky Kong
Cranky Kong
Daisy
Villager
Tom Nook
K.K. Slider
Skull Kid
Dark Samus
Kamek
Masked Man
Porky
Petey Piranha
Midna
Stafy
Ashley
Jimmy T.
Mona
Krystal
Slippy
Samurai Goroh
Black Shadow
Mr. Resetti
Ray MK III
Balloon Fighter
The Black Knight
Waddle Dee
Mach Rider
Deoxys
Gardevoir
Pico
Tails
Knuckles
Dr. Eggman
Amy Rose

All Nintendo or otherwise characters that appear in Brawl. Went all over the place trying to think of potentials, so apologies for the relative lack of order among where everybody is on the list. (Interestingly enough, Impa is not eligible for the Clone Engine either, because there is no sign of her when searching on SSBWiki for trophies or stickers. Otherwise, I would've included her over probably Midna - who herself was a replacement for King Boo, who is not, strictly speaking, eligible, as a normal Boo appears in a few trophies/stickers but the King variety does not.)
Did you get it working with Project M? If it only works with vBrawl I might have to finally hack my Wii and not just work with what Project M did with my SD card.

Shin F.

Smash Master
Did you get it working with Project M? If it only works with vBrawl I might have to finally hack my Wii and not just work with what Project M did with my SD card.
You know, you don't have to hack your Wii to apply any of them even without Project M. All you need to do is make sure the Smash Stack stage is in there, and that the file with your codes in it has the No Custom Stages code.

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
You know, you don't have to hack your Wii to apply any of them even without Project M. All you need to do is make sure the Smash Stack stage is in there, and that the file with your codes in it has the No Custom Stages code.
So it might work with Project M then?

Also what's Smash Stack? Do you mean the thing that boots up Project M when I go to Stage Builder? Because Project M already includes this, doesn't it? Or is that the No Custom Stages code?

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Can anyone make a character selection screen with these specifications:

First row:
Mario, Luigi, Bowser, Peach, Toad, Yoshi, Wario, DK, Diddy, Dixie

Second row:
Marth, Roy, Ike, Lyn, Pit, Link, Toon Link, Zelda, Sheik, Ganondorf

Third row:
Samus, Zero Suit Samus, Ridley, Dark Samus, Random, Fox, Falco, Wolf, Olimar, Captain Falcon

Fourth row:
Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Squirtle, Ivysaur, Charizard, Lucario, Mewtwo, Pichu, Isaac, Sami

Fifth row:
Kirby, Meta Knight, King Dedede, Ness, Lucas, Ice Climbers, Mr. Game & Watch, ROB, Sonic, Snake

Shin F.

Smash Master
So it might work with Project M then?

Also what's Smash Stack? Do you mean the thing that boots up Project M when I go to Stage Builder? Because Project M already includes this, doesn't it? Or is that the No Custom Stages code?
Smash Stack is the name of the stage that causes the Stage Builder to crash and the boot up the codes. The No Custom Stages code is just one small part of the set P:M uses. It prevents the game from reading the stage and crashing again while you play.

See, the hackless method that P:M uses already existed. You don't need Project M at all in order to use the hackless method of applying codes or replacements.

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
Smash Stack is the name of the stage that causes the Stage Builder to crash and the boot up the codes. The No Custom Stages code is just one small part of the set P:M uses. It prevents the game from reading the stage and crashing again while you play.

See, the hackless method that P:M uses already existed. You don't need Project M at all in order to use the hackless method of applying codes or replacements.
...so I can just try doing the 100 characters code right away, as long as I follow the link's directions? I'm bad at understanding all this, but it sounds like I'm good to go.

EDIT: can someone help ChronoBound out? I don't know how to help him, perhaps someone who does?

Chaos Wolf

Smash Cadet
Ok, so I have a question, What can Dedede's Minion throw spawn. If Dedede can Spawn Subspace Emissary Enemies, then I have a B Move suggestion for Andy. With some Model tweaks We could have a Tank, soldiers and planes.

B: Repair Unit: Recovers health for nearby spawned unit. If out of range of any Units, Andy throws a wrench a short way forward.
Side B: Deploy Tank: Spawns a Tank with 30 HP. Tank Will Move back and forth, firing occasionally.
Down B:Deploy Soldiers: Spawns a Soldier with 20 HP. Soldiers will track nearby enemies and attack with a short rifle burst.
Up B:Deploy Helicopter: Creates a helicopter with 20 HP that flies At an upward curve. If used in the air, Andy holds on to it similar to Snake's Up B.

Final Smash: Covering Fire: Andy radios for a fellow Orange Star CO, Rachel, to use her CO Power "Covering Fire". A quick wave of explosions erupt across the stage. hitting the highest platforms. Any parts of the map underneath a platform are protected from this quick onslaught.

Alternatively, Sami's B: Forward March: Tethers the nearest Spawned Unit to Sami, Pressing B again will Make the unit fire.

Shin F.

Smash Master
...so I can just try doing the 100 characters code right away, as long as I follow the link's directions? I'm bad at understanding all this, but it sounds like I'm good to go.
Project M probably isn't compatible with it, so you would need to remove that first. When using codes that are as new and unrefined as this, it's best to start from scratch in my experience.

I'll see if I can find a Brawl Hacking guide for beginners tomorrow to help with other aspects, but I'm going to be going to bed soon probably. In the mean time, you could try to follow the instructions. If you want to try, I recommend this video here, though it would probably be better to get more familiar with the basics first. I'm not sure that it's for hackless users.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UoWad-wuqFs

If you have a blank SD Card, I would use that one. If not, it's probably best to backup anything that's on whichever one you use.

... Gah, I'm tired. Maybe I'll write out a guide myself later specifically for hackless users to get this working...

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
Project M probably isn't compatible with it, so you would need to remove that first. When using codes that are as new and unrefined as this, it's best to start from scratch in my experience.

I'll see if I can find a Brawl Hacking guide for beginners tomorrow to help with other aspects, but I'm going to be going to bed soon probably. In the mean time, you could try to follow the instructions. If you want to try, I recommend this video here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UoWad-wuqFs

If you have a blank SD Card, I would use that one. If not, it's probably best to backup anything that's on whichever one you use.
Cool man. I wanted to go to bed too I was just waitin' because you were waitin' lol

Thanks. Now I know, so good night and such.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I would be interested in hearing ideas on how to make Toad a clone (or luigi-fied clone) based on another character already on the roster. I think EdgetheLucas may have something to share.

Jade_Rock55

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4656-7001-2336
I really want that Link to the past moveset now!

It would be cool if someone made it over Toon Link.

Kes

Smash Cadet
If we are getting 8 votes instead of 5 my old 5 were

1. Palutena
2. Toad
3. Lyndis
4. Isaac
5. Saki Amamiya

So I'll add the following 3 to full votes

6. Sami
7. Dixie Kong
8. Ridley

arcticfox8

Smash Champion
What if Toad was a Wario clone?
Has a command Spin Grab for his B based on the spin grab frok NSMB. Work's kinda like DK's Cargo throws.
Some something for his sideB. Idk.
Propeller Cap for his upB, very similar to Wario's upB.
And here's the fun part. Obviously Toad isn't known for flatulence, how about instead of building up gas he builds up spores. Faster charge because it's not a kill move, it stuns instead, like Ivy's seed bombs.
Other moves that fit are Wario's dair, upsmash, dash attack, among others that I can't think of.

I still prefer the Mario clone idea but this could work for people who don't want another Mario clone.

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
I would be interested in hearing ideas on how to make Toad a clone (or luigi-fied clone) based on another character already on the roster. I think EdgetheLucas may have something to share.
Someone else, huh? I always imagined Toad as a clone of Mario, but now that I think about it he could also derive from Diddy Kong. The up-B could be changed to the Flying Squirrel suit from New Mario U, the side-B could be changed from a grabbing move to an attack, he could summon turnips like Peach instead of banana peels, and neutral-B doesn't really need to use a gun.

I'd like to hear what other Toad supporters can think of; I'm so set on him being a Mario clone that it took me a while to even think of Diddy. This is of course if we're not making him his own character, so remember, a clone.

EDIT: arcticfox8's ideas are pretty solid, actually! Making him a Wario clone fits, actually, since they were enemies in Wario's Woods.

OrangeSodaGuy

Smash Journeyman
Is it too late to change my 8-vote?

* Ridley
* Issac
* Lyndis
* Pichu
* Dixie (EDIT: Or Little Mac if he doesn't make Smash 4)
* Samurai Goroh
* Toad
* Tetra

(Paper Mario is awesome, but you guys have a point that Toad is the most important character in that series not yet playable. They could change Peach's B into Toadsworth)

(As for Tetra, she's featured in several games like Tingle, but has the added edge of having been planned for Brawl. Plus, with Pichu filling the troll/underdog niche, Tingle would be somewhat redundant.)

Last edited:

Anti Guy

Couch Tomato
BRoomer
NNID
CouchTomato87
Hey Antiguy, you should put this PSA video that has lot of good ideas of Dark Samus in it's section in the OP, just a little suggestion though.
I guess I can. I'll do that soon.

If we are getting 8 votes instead of 5 my old 5 were

1. Palutena
2. Toad
3. Lyndis
4. Isaac
5. Saki Amamiya

So I'll add the following 3 to full votes

6. Sami
7. Dixie Kong
8. Ridley
I never changed the voting structure, and I don't plan on it. Just because it's possible to add more characters with the new engine doesn't mean that the PMBR will do that. And even if they could, who knows if they would have the time and resources to add that. So unless they come in and say "ooh, we think we can do 8 now," I'm not changing the rules here.

Kes

Smash Cadet
Alright. I am confused where the 8 votes thing came from, was just going with it. I will leave my 5 votes the same as they were.

Dinoman96

Smash Master
Unpopular opinion, i know....but Pichu is kinda the only character I'd be interested in seeing added.

:lol:

Dinoman96

Smash Master
Really? There isn't anyone else? Not a single other character you'd like to see?

... There's gotta be some kind of law against that, lol.
Well, here's the thing.

While I know Project M is supposed to be considered its own thing, it still is, in a way, a celebration of Melee. That's what kinda made Roy and Mewtwo fitting, as they were both popular vets that didn't come back for Brawl. I just feel when adding random characters like Isaac, Ridley, and such, it kinda makes Project M lose its meaning and begins to feel like Mugen.

Pichu I think it would be funny but also perhaps really cool if Project M could do something with him. Maybe the self-damage thing could have potential, and perhaps Melee's scrapgoat/underdog could find some meaning.

JediLink

Smash Ace
I just feel when adding random characters like Isaac, Ridley, and such, it kinda makes Project M lose its meaning and begins to feel like Mugen.
Adding popular and recognizable characters that are important to Nintendo's history makes the game feel like Mugen.

Alrighty then.

Shin F.

Smash Master
Well, here's the thing.

While I know Project M is supposed to be considered its own thing, it still is, in a way, a celebration of Melee. That's what kinda made Roy and Mewtwo fitting, as they were both popular vets that didn't come back for Brawl. I just feel when adding random characters like Isaac, Ridley, and such, it kinda makes Project M lose its meaning and begins to feel like Mugen.

Pichu I think it would be funny but also perhaps really cool if Project M could do something with him. Maybe the self-damage thing could have potential, and perhaps Melee's scrapgoat/underdog could find some meaning.
That's what I assumed when you said it, so my post was mostly a joke. Here's the thing - most of the characters suggested aren't just random ones with no meaning. Smash Bros itself is a celebration of everything Nintendo. To me, saying that Isaac or Ridley would take away from Project M's meaning is like saying even Brawl characters who weren't in Melee takes away from it. I respect the way you feel, but I definitely can't agree with it.

Raccoon Chuck

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3437-3568-6776
This female Fire Emblem character hype is all to apparent, and so I hath commissioned myself to form an original name for such phenomena.

#Lynsanity............donoughtsteel....

Alfonzo Bagpipez

Smash Lord
NNID
Futatsu
3DS FC
0920-0032-8454
I think that's why he said it. It's hard to have not heard of Linsanity.
I don't know, man.
My friends continue to surprise me with how much they don't know about anything unrelated to video games.
"Michael Jordan? What team is he on?"
Maybe my friends are a weird case, but it's not hard for me to believe that people don't know who Jeremy is.

Now that I'm looking at Chuck's post again though, I think he knows.

HayabusaTaichou

Smash Apprentice
*raises hand* I don't know anything about American sports on account of not being American.

You know for all his apparent popularity I've seen very little talk about Isaac in this thread. I've never played Golden sun so I don't really know what he'd be like other than having a sword and using a giant hand blast. (shove?) So what exactly would he be likely to be like in smash?

Last edited:

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
using giant hand blast.
That`s the move ability used to move rocks and such, why they thought that move alone was good enough to represent Issac is beyond me.
*raises hand* I don't know anything about American sports on account of not being American.

You know for all his apparent popularity I've seen very little talk about Isaac in this thread. I've never played Golden sun so I don't really know what he'd be like other than having a sword. So what exactly would he be likely to be like in smash?
Most Issac talk was finished in the first 100 pages and anything we say now would just be repeating those pages.

Anti Guy

Couch Tomato
BRoomer
NNID
CouchTomato87

You know for all his apparent popularity I've seen very little talk about Isaac in this thread. I've never played Golden sun so I don't really know what he'd be like other than having a sword and using a giant hand blast. (shove?) So what exactly would he be likely to be like in smash?
I don't think that's much of an excuse. Basketball is an international sport (whereas it's completely understandable if you said that about American Football). There are tons of NBA merchandising that goes around the world... like hordes of Chinese owning Kobe and LeBron jerseys. I met a French guy in London who was talking about Tony Parker (who's from France). And Australia has its share of players like Andrew Bogut. Either way, names like Michael Jordan are names that transcend nationality. Like I don't follow soccer at all and I know who David Beckham and Pele are.

As for Isaac. There was some discussion quite back... I dunno, 30-40 pages ago about his moveset? Sorry, I forgot to link to it in the OP. The general idea is that he'd use his Psynergy abilities for his special attacks though. And I think his A attacks would be like just sword attacks. I guess kinda like Link, where instead of having normal sword attacks + special attacks loaded with items, Isaac would have normal sword attacks + special attacks loaded with psynergy.

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
Personally I think spectating sports or games or anything is a bit pointless. I enjoy the occasional pickup game, but can't for the life of me figure out how anyone could ever be invested in a game they (or a loved one) aren't in. On a similar note I don't get patriotism, what possible reason, racism aside, could anyone have for being proud of living in a specific part of the world? As far as I'm concerned the only team Jordan ever played for was the Toon Squad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom