• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Characters for Project M Discussion Thread (Voting Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

andalsoandy

Smash Lord
Felt like doing this.
1. Pichu / Plusle & Minun / Pichu Bros.
2. Sukapon
3. Starfy
4. ExciteBiker / Mach Rider
5. Waluigi
6. some Earthbound dude. (Ninten, Jeff, Duster, maybe even Starman)
7. Lyn or Hector
8. Mario Brothers
8. Some DK rep.

I don't think I covered a series twice (besides Retro but we can never get enough of those.)

I really want to try the BrawlEx Clone Engine. I'll look into it later this month.

MLGF also beat me to making a Raichu joke ._.

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
Alright. since Project M is obviously willing to put in 59 more characters, I'm giving my wishlist.

Isaac
Lyn
Sigurd
Waluigi
Black Shadow
Sword-Dorf
Slippy
Sandbag
King K. Rool
Dixie
Ridley
Dark Samus
Metroid
Bowser Jr.
Claus
Ray
Young Link
Doctor Mario
Leif
Cackletta
Fawful
Bunny Link
Link's Grandma
Link's Uncle
Zant
Eliwood
Mr. Mime
Skull Kid
Vaati
Red
GARY MOTHER****ING OAK
Fin
Dimentio
Louie
Captain Syrup
Brawl Wario
Funky Kong
Cranky Kong
Chunky Kong
King Kong
Batman
Sol Badguy
Ky Kiske
Robo Ky
Naked Snake
Liquid Snake
An actual Snake
And of course, the highly desired, the deeply loved pokemon apart of the Pikachu family...Raichu.

I think we can handle this.
The worst part is...not a single one of those was a Sonic character.

andalsoandy

Smash Lord
Actually, now that I think about it, I bet he'd make a great ROB clone. Even the sound effects could be re-used, and I haven't seen a ROB clone suggested anywhere yet.
Definitely. He'd also be another villain character, so that'd be good.
Half vote for this guy.

For those that don't get my joke post:

"What if they put Mario Brothers in there?" should be a meme :p
I swear I almost wrote "King Koopa" the first time in that post but figured more people would get it if I put Mario Bros.
Glad someone noticed that in my list. lol

MLGF

Smash Lord
Hey, no hard feelings. I have nothing against any characters, I do it all for the sake of comedy.

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
I may be a bit late, but dayum that Dark Samus PSA looks good! It was just what I was picturing cept a tad faster (and by that I mean much faster).

Now if only there were decent Ridley PSA's out there where he doesn't look like every bone of his body is gonna break at the slightest touch...

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
jk, but I do like your new profile pic, what`s it from?
I've been changing my icon on and off today. It has nothing to do with your statement.

The icon was changed based on an earlier post I made a page or so back. It is from Muramasa the Demon Blade. A very obscure Wii game that was overlooked by many even though it had good reviews. It got remade this year under the name Muramasa Rebirth for the PS Vita. It is the spiritual successor to Odin Sphere.

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
jk, but I do like your new profile pic, what`s it from?
It's from Muramasa: The Demon Blade on Wii.

EDIT: Solbliminal beat me to it.

I'd post my ALttP Link moveset but relatives need the computer. Considering the atrocious text lag on mobile, there's no way I'd be able to type it all in without losing my sanity waiting more than a second for each word to show up so they don't mutate. Ugh, the old Smashboards didn't have this problem on mobile.

I DO have the patience to type blurbs this small, at least.

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
EDIT: Solbliminal beat me to it.
To be fair, he was asking me to begin with. But it is nice to see someone else who knows of the existence of this game. I really wish the Wii U / 3DS got Muramasa Rebirth instead of PS Vita.

It is one heck of a good hidden gem that I wish were a Nintendo exclusive. This game screams Smash Bros. character potential. Even the main character, Momohime, has a hidden reference within her name. Momo "Peach", Hime "Princess". Momo in Kanji also means 100, meaning she is the 100th Princess of her bloodline.

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
And with good grammar, too. Most people don't bother with that even with a normal computer / keyboard.
Hey thank you! That means a lot, considering I'm on mobile here 90% of the time. The 10% is for posting something lengthy like a moveset.

Shin F.

Smash Master
To be fair, he was asking me to begin with. But it is nice to see someone else who knows of the existence of this game. I really wish the Wii U / 3DS got Muramasa Rebirth instead of PS Vita.

It is one heck of a good hidden gem that I wish were a Nintendo exclusive. This game screams Smash Bros. character potential. Even the main character, Momohime, has a hidden reference within her name. Momo "Peach", Hime "Princess". Momo in Kanji also means 100, meaning she is the 100th Princess.
It looks like a really cool game. I'll have to see if I can get a copy.
Hey thank you! That means a lot, considering I'm on mobile here 90% of the time. The 10% is for posting something lengthy like a moveset.
Thank you! I, myself, can't stand typing on mobile, slow or not, so I honestly appreciate the kind of patience that takes.

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord

It is one heck of a good hidden gem that I wish were a Nintendo exclusive. This game screams Smash Bros. character potential. Even the main character, Momohime, has a hidden reference within her name. Momo "Peach", Hime "Princess". Momo in Kanji also means 100, meaning she is the 100th Princess.
I don't actually have the game because every time I'd try being adventurous choosing another Wii game to buy, I'd end up hating how terrible the game turned out to be and just wishing I'd bought Wii Points instead. Didn't the Wii have a terrible amount of shovelware compared to other systems?

Sounds like that game's pretty cool, though, I hope it gets rereleased on Wii U in HD glory considering the in game graphics. I'd get it for Vita but I stick with Nintendo consoles and handhelds because they're the cheapest and playing games is a VERY expensive hobby, especially today.

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
It looks like a really cool game. I'll have to see if I can get a copy.
It should be fairly cheap. You should be able to find a copy for no more than $15. Fair warning though. It may be rough to find a copy of the game unless you buy it online. The Vita version has made the Wii version hard to come by.

OrangeSodaGuy

Smash Journeyman
If we're going to go for eight characters, these would be my personal picks... <__<

- Ridley (Iconic villain, series needs more love)
- Pichu (last melee vet not in yet, fills the underdog/troll niche, could have a very interesting glass cannon playstyle)
- Samurai Goroh (second most prominent F-zero character, series needs more love)
- Issac (hails from a popular series with no reps, I like the idea someone mentioned about having great ground game and horrible air game as well.)
- Lyn (popular lord from the first international FE)
- Dixie (popular character from a series that needs more love)
- Paper Mario (just a cool idea overall, even if Mario's fairly good on representation.)
- Tingle (if he gets in, make Pichu viable and designate Tingle as the underdog/trolling joke character instead. People would get extra salty)

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
That tragic feel when Sonic characters aren't really favorites to be in a smash brothers game due to....
-Sonic 2006
-Shadow the Hedgehog (The Game)
-A Terrible fanbase (Not everyone of course. But the most vocal ones are bad)
-Current standing of making lackluster games (Lost world and Colors were good but a lot of people gave up after Sonic Unleashed)
-Assumed similarities in fighting style (Although this is a good thing for a CLONE ENGINE)
-Not being Nintendo Characters

Hell, Most of the people that are even neutral about sonic in this thread don't want other sonic characters mainly because they are afraid that PM might get some C&Ds from the third party companies. Sonic's also well known enough that people will actually go out of their way to talk about the fact that he shouldn't be in due to being a third party because of the reason previously mentioned. No one ever really talks about the other 3rd party characters mentioned in this thread.

Even I didn't initially want Shadow despite him being my favorite sonic character (Yes I know 2edgy4everyone) because of the C&D fears but he has a lot of potential for a unique moveset OR a cloned moveset.

HayabusaTaichou

Smash Apprentice
Very few people here will like any Sonic character/s more than the massive list of characters from Nintendo games that could possibly be put in the game and as things stand we can get five. Any talk about third party characters in P:M even if it's fun to speculate feels incredibly worthless cause it just won't happen.

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
Very few people here will like any Sonic character/s more than the massive list of characters from Nintendo games that could possibly be put in the game and as things stand we can get five. Any talk about third party characters in P:M even if it's fun to speculate feels incredibly worthless cause it just won't happen.
That is for PMBR to decide. Nothing said here reflects on the final decision that PMBR will make.

HayabusaTaichou

Smash Apprentice
That is for PMBR to decide. Nothing said here reflects on the final decision that PMBR will make.
I was talking about what people discuss in this thread. Aside from saying, "as things stand we can get five" cause well that's as things stand and "...third party characters...just won't happen" which you really have to be kidding yourself of you think there's a chance of that at all. Nothing I was saying was meant to indicate that I actually thought we got a choice. I was just giving a realistic outlook on the subject after seeing Sonic brought up in this thread several times in the less than a month I've been here and seeing some variation on, "It's so sad you guys just won't give the series a chance." As if we're being mindlessly prejudice and not just completely uninterested in things that don't interest us.

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
I was talking about what people discuss in this thread. Aside from saying, "as things stand we can get five" cause well that's as things stand and "...third party characters...just won't happen" which you really have to be kidding yourself of you think there's a chance of that at all. Nothing I was saying was meant to indicate that I actually thought we got a choice. I was just giving a realistic outlook on the subject after seeing Sonic brought up in this thread several times in the less than a month I've been here and seeing some variation on, "It's so sad you guys just won't give the series a chance." As if we're being mindlessly prejudice and not just completely uninterested in things that don't interest us.
Ehh. Honestly I've just lost the spirit of discussing anything Sonic related at this point.

But the point of my reply was to make sure you are not spouting nonsense about the poll's overall influence on PMBR's decision.

OcarinaOfDoom

Smash Lord
NNID
OcarinaOfDoom
Weren't Sonic characters essentially killed by this?
alo81: "What are your guys thoughts on adding non-Nintendo characters? Is it just something you wouldn't even consider, or is it an option on the table (though I'd imagine a fairly tough one.)"

warchamp7: "Not even entertaining the idea, we're doing our best to stay in Nintendo's good graces as much as possible"

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
Weren't Sonic characters essentially killed by this?
Nope, in that same day of answering Reddit questions he had made a statement to someone who asked about Shadow, saying he is a possible candidate for the clone engine. I would find it myself but it is a pain in the butt to find anything using my phone.

Shin F.

Smash Master
I have nothing against a Sonic character being included, but only if it's Tails or maybe Eggman. (I actually half-voted Tails at one point, even, and as you saw in my 8 character list, I'd have him in there if we had that many). We've already been over the reasons for that so I won't go into it again.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Keep in mind that the maximum number of slots that the Brawl character selection screen can hold is 50. So at best eight more newcomers assuming the limit of five extra characters has been broken.

If I had to pick eight more slots:

1. Ridley: Probably the most iconic and popular character from a veteran Nintendo character not yet in Smash Bros.

2. Isaac: Represents a very popular series that has yet to gain a playable character in Smash Bros.

3. Sami: Ditto

4. Dixie Kong: Probably the most iconic and important female Nintendo character not yet playable in Smash Bros. DK needs more characters anyway.

5. Lyn: Probably the most popular FE lord not yet playable.

6. Toad: Probably the most iconic character from a Nintendo character from a veteran franchise not yet playable (after Ridley). Also, basically de-confirmed for Smash 4, and really, really deserves it at this point.

7. Pichu: Would be a very easy clone.

8. Dark Samus: Much less priority than Ridley, but would be another very easy clone.

Last edited:

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
Keep in mind that the maximum number of slots that the Brawl character selection screen can hold is 50. So at best eight more newcomers assuming the limit of five extra characters has been broken.

1. Ridley: Probably the most iconic and popular character from a veteran Nintendo character not yet in Smash Bros.

2. Isaac: Represents a very popular series that has yet to gain a playable character in Smash Bros.

4. Dixie Kong: Probably the most iconic and important female Nintendo character not yet playable in Smash Bros. DK needs more characters anyway.

4. Lyn: Probably the most popular FE lord not yet playable.

5. Toad: Probably the most iconic character from a Nintendo character from a veteran franchise not yet playable (after Ridley). Also, basically de-confirmed for Smash 4, and really, really deserves it at this point.

6. Pichu: Would be a very easy clone.

7. Dark Samus: Much less priority than Ridley, but would be another very easy clone.

8. Little Mac: As likely as he is to show up in Smash 4, he definitely deserves being in Smash Bros.
No Mother characters? Who you been hangin' around, boy?

jk good list actually. I'd be down with these choices :p

Shin F.

Smash Master

4. Lyn: Probably the most popular FE lord not yet playable.

5. Toad: Probably the most iconic character from a Nintendo character from a veteran franchise not yet playable (after Ridley). Also, basically de-confirmed for Smash 4, and really, really deserves it at this point.

6. Pichu: Would be a very easy clone.

7. Dark Samus: Much less priority than Ridley, but would be another very easy clone.

8. Little Mac: As likely as he is to show up in Smash 4, he definitely deserves being in Smash Bros.
I would've chosen Andy instead of Sami since he's more of a main character and he could borrow anything she could do that he can't a la Ness and Lucas, but other than that it looks good.

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
Regarding Little Mac, I hope that if he gets in--whether it's Smash For or Project M--that he uses his newer design Punch Out!! Wii gave him. His darker skin and bigger eyes make him look cooler than his realistic assist trophy design.

Also, for people who say you can't make specials for a boxing character, he can easily borrow from his games' opponents. Up special could be Great Tiger's teleportation, for instance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom