• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Characters for Project M Discussion Thread (Voting Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shin F.

Smash Master
Man. If they expressed that Mask Link was a possibility, I'd jump on that harder than anything. That's my dream addition. I'll stick with my expected/necessary roster additions, but keep up hope that it's possible.

It's true though that the 3 slots could be hidden (If that's how BrawlEX works) on Mask Link's character icon. That way, he would really only take up 1/8 on the CSS. If they say they'll do 8 and something like that, I'd gun for that over a Mario addition hardcore.
I believe hiding the icons would indeed be possible, and so are transforming characters. Not that I know how to do it :p

EDIT: You know, unless PMBR says they'll use this, this is kind of off-topic. I wonder if we should have a separate thread to discuss this.

splat

Smash Lord
Man. If they expressed that Mask Link was a possibility, I'd jump on that harder than anything. That's my dream addition. I'll stick with my expected/necessary roster additions, but keep up hope that it's possible.

It's true though that the 3 slots could be hidden (If that's how BrawlEX works) on Mask Link's character icon. That way, he would really only take up 1/8 on the CSS. If they say they'll do 8 and something like that, I'd gun for that over a Mario addition hardcore.
They split Pokémon Trainer and Zelda/Sheik on the CSS, and you want to add a trio of Mask Links on a single slot?

That being said, am I the only one that's a bit... 'eh?' on the BrawlEX topic? I mean, most of us don't even know how it works yet, and most of the stuff you can add will not be up to snuff for PM's standards. Mewtwo took over 700 hours, and that's a character that had Melee reference; an entirely custom character may very well take over 1000. People here are going way to fast.

Shin F.

Smash Master
They split Pokémon Trainer and Zelda/Sheik on the CSS, and you want to add a trio of Mask Links on a single slot?

That being said, am I the only one that's a bit... 'eh?' on the BrawlEX topic? I mean, most of us don't even know how it works yet, and most of the stuff you can add will not be up to snuff for PM's standards. Mewtwo took over 700 hours, and that's a character that had Melee reference; an entirely custom character may very well take over 1000. People here are going way to fast.
I look at it this way - if PMBR decide to use it, then they'll definitely keep up their standards. If they don't, then it's not a big deal. Either way, it's up to them and it's not something I'm particularly worried about.

If this is only for vBrawl, well - there are already tons of good PSAs on the vault. Not to mention the fact that it allows you to add your personal favorites to fully custom builds. They may not be up to PMBR's standards, but as long as they work and you're having fun with it, that's all that matters for casual play, and if you're going for competitive play, then you're probably using Project M anyways (which, as I've said, I'm not worried whether PMBR uses it or not).

Also, the way it works really isn't all that complex. In fact, it's surprisingly simple compared to other codes - EdgeTheLucas had no experience hacking Brawl outside of PM's hackless method, and even so, I was able to walk him through it so that he added Roy to vBrawl using BrawlEx with the hackless method.

According to PhantomWings, that limit can be worked around.
That's true, though we don't know how just yet. In any case, the biggest problem is trying to keep balance.

Last edited:

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
I also feel the same way, and that's why I haven't voiced my opinion on the matter or given out 8 votes. It just feels too....sudden. I'll wait and see what the PMBR has to say on it though. Oh, and it also feels like were expecting too much from the back room, especially since we may end up having no additional characters.

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
Hey, I just thought of something. If they got BrawlEx working on Project M, they could probably make it so that Squirtle, Ivysaur and Charizard have their own clone slots fully separated from one another, so that they no longer share resources. I bet they could add Final Smashes to them that way.
Yeah after I finally got it working yesterday with your help, this occurred to me too. Let's hope it's possible...

Nautilus

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3308-5000-4410
Impressive display of skill, no doubt, but I'd hardly consider watching such a feat interesting. Sorry, I just don't understand how people can find that kind of stuff interesting. It's cool that they do, and I'm not going to try to tell you you're wrong for enjoying it, but it all seems very bleh to me.
A bit old to be responding too, but this post interests me. I understand not being interested in this, but I personally don't think it should be hard to understand why people find it interesting. I don't like watching sports, but getting invested in competitive gaming gave me the perspective I needed to understand why others do.

Placing investment onto other things is pretty much the basis for all fictional media and nonfiction stories. In my opinion most things that people get invested in that don't include a loved one is from some form of this. When I watch a really sad movie, I cry because something they did, perhaps getting me to know the character as if it was a personal relationship, got me invested. When I watch a smash video, I become invested in the outcome because I understand and relate to the tensity and struggle naturally, which makes me care about what happens.

Basically, for somebody who doesn't naturally become invested in struggle, battle and the achievement of others, it will probably never be interesting. But it's just the tendency to get invested in something that makes it interesting. Like a book, a movie or an animal planet special where two animals fight for survival. The fact that different people like different movies I think sells me on this idea.

It's also the only thing that keeps me from thinking "how does anybody find The Hunger Games interesting"

That's my philosophy on it, anyways.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493

I mean, I still acknowledge it's a faint possibility at best. I was just stating I'd fight tooth and nail for it if it was, because Mask Link is my dream character addition. I also don't mean to appear to jump to conclusions about the functionality of BrawlEX related to PM. I mean, we still don't even really know the PMBR's thoughts on it, and I'm expecting they won't want to do anymore work on more than 5 newcomers.

You're also right that a Mask Link that's four characters on one slot would not be up to the PM standards, because the other transforming characters are their own slots now. In fact, as I was typing that, I was thinking "Well, that's not really how the PMBR does things. But, if 50 is the limit for the screen, they'd find a way to make it work."

Granted, it's incredibly unlikely. Really, the underlying factor in this entire discussion is that speculation is fun. I've lost none of my reason.

Jade_Rock55

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4656-7001-2336
Couldn't the different taunts give mask link a moveset?Or does that take more than one slot?

CardiganBoy

Smash Lord
2 concerns: I feel like it should be Andy instead of Sami. Just a preference but he is the main character.
I also feel like one of the Metroids should be scrapped in favor of another series getting a new rep. I would say realistically Kirby. That's the only series I think everyone would be fine getting a new rep from. Other options are Sonic, F-Zero, and Starfox. People apparently hate Sonic with a passion, F-Zero hasn't been relevant in years and really there's no clear choice from F-Zero that seems deserving of the Smash brotherhood, and then there's Starfox. Nobody wants another Spacie even though clearly THE SLIPPY HYPE WOULD BE SO REAL. Anyways, I digress.
Overall I like the layout, very balanced. Aside from those two nitpicks the character choices are fine. Even those two nitpicks are passable because they aren't bad choices. Goo job Chrono and splat.
Come on, it's a sin that Metroid is under represented, it's the franchise that deserves the 2 newcomers (if the 8 newcomers thing is possible) Kirby series already got 2 in Brawl, making 3 and is fitting as it is.

Nautilus

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3308-5000-4410
This discussion on masked young link sort of reminds me of some speculation or another about what adult link would be like with his wolf transformation from Twilight Princess.

It's sort of a shame that things outside of the basics, like cool and weird items such as the rods and quake amulet and bug thing (i've only played a few zelda games to completion, forgive me) have to be shunted aside in favor of his most iconic stuff, but I see why it's done.

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
This discussion on masked young link sort of reminds me of some speculation or another about what adult link would be like with his wolf transformation from Twilight Princess.

It's sort of a shame that things outside of the basics, like cool and weird items such as the rods and quake amulet and bug thing (i've only played a few zelda games to completion, forgive me) have to be shunted aside in favor of his most iconic stuff, but I see why it's done.
This is why I'll always favor more Links, granted they have unique movesets. But if a third Link DOES make it into Smash For, he'll most likely just be another clone -_-

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
A bit old to be responding too, but this post interests me. I understand not being interested in this, but I personally don't think it should be hard to understand why people find it interesting. I don't like watching sports, but getting invested in competitive gaming gave me the perspective I needed to understand why others do.

Placing investment onto other things is pretty much the basis for all fictional media and nonfiction stories. In my opinion most things that people get invested in that don't include a loved one is from some form of this. When I watch a really sad movie, I cry because something they did, perhaps getting me to know the character as if it was a personal relationship, got me invested. When I watch a smash video, I become invested in the outcome because I understand and relate to the tensity and struggle naturally, which makes me care about what happens.

Basically, for somebody who doesn't naturally become invested in struggle, battle and the achievement of others, it will probably never be interesting. But it's just the tendency to get invested in something that makes it interesting. Like a book, a movie or an animal planet special where two animals fight for survival. The fact that different people like different movies I think sells me on this idea.

It's also the only thing that keeps me from thinking "how does anybody find The Hunger Games interesting"

That's my philosophy on it, anyways.
To me fiction and nonfiction are two very different beasts. In nonfiction the world is spun with purpose, every tiny detail exists for the sole purpose of making the person experiencing it feel a specific way or think about a specific thing. It can move people and inspire emotion because it was carefully crafted to do so. Watching (e)sports, on the other hand, is just watching somebody live their life. There's no planned story arc, no symbolism, no characters; Just people being people. Stories allow you to experience something specific and impossible in the real world, watching (e)sports just seems (to me) to be living vicariously through someone else because you don't feel like living yourself.

As for the new clone engine, people need to keep in mind that currently it has unplayably terrible load times. Until that's fixed and they reach 7 new characters you can bet the PMBR aren't going to even consider using it.

Last edited:

Nautilus

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3308-5000-4410
To me fiction and nonfiction are two very different beasts. In nonfiction the world is spun with purpose, every tiny detail exists for the sole purpose of making the person experiencing it feel a specific way or think about a specific thing. It can move people and inspire emotion because it was carefully crafted to do so. Watching (e)sports, on the other hand, is just watching somebody live their life. There's no planned story arc, no symbolism, no characters; Just people being people. Stories allow you to experience something specific and impossible in the real world, watching (e)sports just seems (to me) to be living vicariously through someone else because you don't feel like living yourself.

As for the new clone engine, people need to keep in mind that currently it has unplayably terrible load times. Until that's fixed and they reach 7 new characters you can bet the PMBR aren't going to even consider using it.
Ignoring what I think might be a typo (unless you're really into creationism), I don't think the difference in purpose is as great as you think it is. Both events are about living vicariously, in my opinion, although both events are also about far more than that. The differences are so great that it is understandable that people who enjoy one thing don't or can't enjoy the other at times, but I think at least one big reason they're interesting is the same. In one case it's just that they are trying specifically to invest you in it, and in the other it is something you are invested in naturally.

The living vicariously thing is why even mundane stories and slice of life stuff gets popular sometimes, though that may also not be your cup of tea.

And yeah, I've mostly been ignoring posts about that thing, due to how sketchy and minor it appears to be. It seemed like it would have some issue like this, since nobody seemed to be vouching for how well it worked or anything.

EDIT: And let's not forget nonfiction narrative, blog entries etc. The stuff that fills in the gaps between make-believe stories and sports/esports.

Last edited:

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
Ignoring what I think might be a typo (unless you're really into creationism), I don't think the difference in purpose is as great as you think it is. Both events are about living vicariously, in my opinion, although both events are also about far more than that. The differences are so great that it is understandable that people who enjoy one thing don't or can't enjoy the other at times, but I think at least one big reason they're interesting is the same. In one case it's just that they are trying specifically to invest you in it, and in the other it is something you are invested in naturally.

The living vicariously thing is why even mundane stories and slice of life stuff gets popular sometimes, though that may also not be your cup of tea.

And yeah, I've mostly been ignoring posts about that thing, due to how sketchy and minor it appears to be. It seemed like it would have some issue like this, since nobody seemed to be vouching for how well it worked or anything.

EDIT: And let's not forget nonfiction narrative, blog entries etc. The stuff that fills in the gaps between make-believe stories and sports/esports.
Yeah, I always used to get those two mixed up as a kid and I still slip up every now an again, my b. For me, what really floors me is that people would be interested in these stories without any additional narrative. Documentaries deal in occasionally mundane things, but so much time is spent trimming and editing that in the end all that's left is the artist's message. To a lesser degree I understand (and can enjoy) certain streamers/let's players because the main focus isn't the game. Yes, The Game Grumps, for example, play games but the main draw of the channel isn't the game playing, it's the banter, jokes, and story. Even combo videos make sense to me because it's a rush of the coolest possible things that could happen in a game strung together in a visually pleasing way to (albeit usually terribly cheesy) music. Blogs can tell a story, and that's great because it's not just a running camera into someone's life, it's snippets that the artist finds relevant to a story they're trying to tell.

Sportscasting, on the other hand, is just a running camera with a commentator explaining whats happening. They're often meant to be unbiased and give more informational context rather than telling a story. At this point, to me, it seems like there is literally no reason not to be playing the game yourself. It's simply not something I can get into nor can I understand how anyone else could get into it. I almost understand simply watching because you're passionate, but having an emotional attachment, such as a favorite player or team, is absolutely mind boggling to me.

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
At this point, to me, it seems like there is literally no reason not to be playing the game yourself.
I want to talk about this statement.

A lot of people want to actually do these things but lack the skills/dedication to do it themselves.

andalsoandy

Smash Lord
Picture 7.png

Hate to interrupt discussion... but I guess I missed the page for this a while back.

I made this out of boredom in twenty minutes in Keynote (it's Apple's Powerpoint) since roster maker doesn't work for me.

No one is in a straight line but whatever. Too tired to perfect it.

It's at least legible.

BTW I added no Zelda or Metroid characters since I feel like Zelda has no characters consistent enough in the series to be worth adding (I don't think Skull Kid is in enough games either) and Ridley... well I guess I could have added him but Smash 4 might have him so I'll wait for that to come out first, then I'll consider Ridley.

EDIT: Forgot to add Slippy in the characters added category in the pic. Not gonna fix it right not.

Oh and my dog just pissed on the floor.

Last edited:

Nautilus

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3308-5000-4410
Yeah, I always used to get those two mixed up as a kid and I still slip up every now an again, my b. For me, what really floors me is that people would be interested in these stories without any additional narrative. Documentaries deal in occasionally mundane things, but so much time is spent trimming and editing that in the end all that's left is the artist's message. To a lesser degree I understand (and can enjoy) certain streamers/let's players because the main focus isn't the game. Yes, The Game Grumps, for example, play games but the main draw of the channel isn't the game playing, it's the banter, jokes, and story. Even combo videos make sense to me because it's a rush of the coolest possible things that could happen in a game strung together in a visually pleasing way to (albeit usually terribly cheesy) music. Blogs can tell a story, and that's great because it's not just a running camera into someone's life, it's snippets that the artist finds relevant to a story they're trying to tell.

Sportscasting, on the other hand, is just a running camera with a commentator explaining whats happening. They're often meant to be unbiased and give more informational context rather than telling a story. At this point, to me, it seems like there is literally no reason not to be playing the game yourself. It's simply not something I can get into nor can I understand how anyone else could get into it. I almost understand simply watching because you're passionate, but having an emotional attachment, such as a favorite player or team, is absolutely mind boggling to me.
I dunno, I feel like it should be easy to understand. You simply draw the line at an earlier point than some others. Some would also argue that commentating is an art, and others that the playing of a game on that level is a kind of art. I mean, art is a sliding scale, after all. There's a little bit of it in everything.

Also, competitive games sort of emulates the feeling of struggle, which I think immediately invests some people. The same way almost all story-based art hits home the best when it emulates a struggle, since popular fiction more or less requires a conflict to get popular. To misunderstand how the most candid form of this struggle outside of survival itself can be interesting is I think slightly misunderstanding this aspect of art as a whole.

That aside, if I can be so brash, I'd imagine that you aren't one of the best smashers in the world. Neither am I. It's exciting for some people to look at these kinds of people with the idea that 'wow, I can become that'.

There's also a natural predilection for people to associate with things that are similar to them. An example being that if I see a Ganondorf fighting with a Marth, I'll subconsciously relate to the Ganondorf player more because I feel a similarity between us that the Marth player doesn't make me feel. Probably the same reason that there are so many fans that root for a team because the town or school or region associated with it means something to them. Actually, I don't think I've heard of a different reason to root for a sports team yet.

I think if we plan on talking more it might be best somewhere else. This is s'posed to be about clones, haha. I'm just trying to get you to understand reasons that people might find this interesting, because i hate it when people don't understand things (Maybe I should be a teacher). I realize that the idea of watching sports won't appeal to you no matter what. I also don't want it presumed that I believe /all/ people are interested in sports for one of these reasons I lay out. People are much too complex for me to somehow magically understand them all.

Shin F.

Smash Master
I want to talk about this statement.

A lot of people want to actually do these things but lack the skills/dedication to do it themselves.
This is true in many cases. In mine, I love to watch Let's Players for games that I don't have or can't get for one reason or another.
View attachment 5907
Hate to interrupt discussion... but I guess I missed the page for this a while back.

I made this out of boredom in twenty minutes in Keynote (it's Apple's Powerpoint) since roster maker doesn't work for me.

No one is in a straight line but whatever. Too tired to perfect it.

It's at least legible.

BTW I added no Zelda or Metroid characters since I feel like Zelda has no characters consistent enough in the series to be worth adding (I don't think Skull Kid is in enough games either) and Ridley... well I guess I could have added him but Smash 4 might have him so I'll wait for that to come out first, then I'll consider Ridley.
The best part is how the entirety of Earthbound has a slot to itself.

Also, Roster Maker doesn't work for you?

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
I watched a Let's Play of EarthBound before I was finally able to play it on Wii U VC, so Saito has a point.

EDIT: Where do I download the roster maker? I want to try doing one...

Last edited:

andalsoandy

Smash Lord
This is true in many cases. In mine, I love to watch Let's Players for games that I don't have or can't get for one reason or another.

The best part is how the entirety of Earthbound has a slot to itself.

Also, Roster Maker doesn't work for you?
Nope. I dunno why. I have run java files before for IPS patching but I'm not gonna bother with fixing it this time.

I don't think it downloaded correctly.

BTW the Earthbound icon is for any of the series' characters I feel fit the best. I'd probably go with Ninten though.

Shin F.

Smash Master
Nope. I dunno why. I have run java files before for IPS patching but I'm not gonna bother with fixing it this time.

BTW the Earthbound icon is for any of the series' characters I feel fit the best. I'd probably go with Ninten though.
That's strange...

Yeah, I pretty much figured about the Earthbound thing. :p

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion

Come on, that giant planet has huge moveset potential. I bet it would be a great bulky, large, floaty character with amazing stage control. He could have a shield like Yoshi`s but it does damage if you roll over an opponent. We can possibly even take inspiration from other large space rocks in video games/movies like Majora`s Moon, OA, and Sailor Moon.

andalsoandy

Smash Lord
That's strange...
Yeah, I pretty much figured about the Earthbound thing. :p
k makin sure

i didn't specified in the post.

just makin sure

100% sure

Come on, that giant planet has huge moveset potential. I bet it would be a great bulky, large, floaty character with amazing stage control. He could have a shield like Yoshi`s but it does damage if you roll over an opponent.
this killed me :joyful:

Nautilus

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3308-5000-4410
I think a better choice for that would be the Smash Logo.

Smash Logo for Project M and Smash 4, woo.

JediLink

Smash Ace
I have a question. A couple of pages back, Anti-Guy said that the models for any new characters would be created from scratch. Does that also apply to the characters that already have models in Brawl like Lyn, Isaac and Ridley?

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
I have a question. A couple of pages back, Anti-Guy said that the models for any new characters would be created from scratch. Does that also apply to the characters that already have models in Brawl like Lyn, Isaac and Ridley?
yes, those models may look ok for a minute but if you play as them for an entire match you'll see how ugly they look

Shin F.

Smash Master
Yep. Assist Trophy models are lower quality than fighters. Isaac, for example, doesn't even have individual fingers iirc.

Ninja'd.

Edit: Also, this:

8 Characters:
5 Characters:

Last edited:

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
Yep. Assist Trophy models are lower quality than fighters. Isaac, for example, doesn't even have individual fingers iirc.

Ninja'd.

8 Characters:
5 Characters:
1) where do I download the thing you used to make this?
2) I think pit should be before link and Ganon and TLink should be switched so Ganon can be above Captain Falcon
3) I think 3rd parties should be all together like the retros
4)I think kirby should be closest to the middle as possible
5) I think Ninten`s Icon should show his shirt a little so you can differentiate him and ness by more then "one has Evil-Pacmans for eyes and one e doesn`t
6) I think Samus and ZSS should be switched so Samus and Samus can be next to each other
7) Wario should be after Yoshi and before DK
8) I like how you ordered the FE Lords by game release order

MLGF

Smash Lord
I've always been in the realm that the PMBR likely will NOT even use all 5 of the extra character slots, let alone consider 8.
Sorry, but this new clone system is making you guys cray-cray.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
I've always been in the realm that the PMBR likely will NOT even use all 5 of the extra character slots, let alone consider 8.
I couldn`t agree more

Shin F.

Smash Master
Neither do any of us. It's just fun to speculate what it would be like if they did. I don't deny the allegations of cray-crayness.

1) where do I download the thing you used to make this?
2) I think pit should be before link and Ganon and TLink should be switched so Ganon can be above Captain Falcon
3) I think 3rd parties should be all together like the retros
4)I think kirby should be closest to the middle as possible
5) I think Ninten`s Icon should show his shirt a little so you can differentiate him and ness by more then "one has Evil-Pacmans for eyes and one e doesn`t
6) I think Samus and ZSS should be switched so Samus and Samus can be next to each other
7) Wario should be after Yoshi and before DK
8) I like how you ordered the FE Lords by game release order
1) Mine was actually pure Photoshop :p But, if you want the background and icons I can upload them. I've actually got more icons than the ones I used.
2) That would actually put him above Wolf.
3) Probably should, but meh. I got bored playing with the arrangement :p
4) Probably. I put him where he is because I was ordering the left column the same as Brawl's top row.
5) Easy enough fix, I suppose.
6) Again, had Samus first because I was going by the Brawl order.
7) I was actually ordering them based on Melee for the top row :p Since Yoshi came before DK in that arrangement
8) Complete accident, I assure you XD

Last edited:

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
This female Fire Emblem character hype is all to apparent, and so I hath commissioned myself to form an original name for such phenomena.

#Lynsanity............donoughtsteel....
Into the sig it goes. :D just so you know, once you say do not steal it's gonna get stolen eventually :awesome:

andalsoandy

Smash Lord

Ninja'd.

8 Characters:
5 Characters:
Liking the 8 chars one. If I had to make any changes though, I'd drop Skull kid (Not consistent enough in Zelda series to warrant an appearance,) Ashley (I don't think we need another Wario rep, and if we do it's gonna be Jimmy T or Syrup, though she kinda breaks the rules,) and one of the Metroid characters (They have a chance in Smash 4, and we only need one new in the clone engine) in favor of another retro character, Slippy (because spacies are popular competitively, and he's a great clone) and Starfy (because he reps a new series, is doable and has great moveset potential.)

but hot daaaaayum those rosters are pretty. I wish I had time (and patience) to make mine like that.

Also, I think since the PMBR might not use the five slots, we could start making lists of less then five and prioritizing them.

Shin F.

Smash Master
Liking the 8 chars one. If I had to make any changes though, I'd drop Skull kid (Not consistent enough in Zelda series to warrant an appearance,) Ashley (I don't think we need another Wario rep, and if we do it's gonna be Jimmy T or Syrup, though she kinda breaks the rules,) and one of the Metroid characters (They have a chance in Smash 4, and we only need one new in the clone engine) in favor of another retro character, Slippy (because spacies are popular competitively, and he's a great clone) and Starfy (because he reps a new series, is doable and has great moveset potential.)

but hot daaaaayum those rosters are pretty.
Thanks :D I actually made the background and stuff a long time ago for a Smash 4 wishlist roster, but I never finished it so I decided to bring it back and put it on here. I'm uploading the background and all the icons I made so others can use them if they want. I'll post a link when they're done.

I was probably a bit biased with Skull Kid. It would've been Vaati, but we all know how that idea went, so I guess I just kinda placed all my Vaati want on Skull Kid.

I don't know a lot about Wario, so that's why I just chose Ashley mostly as an "Insert Wario character Here" slot. As for Metroid, well... what can I say? I'm biased XD

If we got another Retro character, I'd want Balloon Fighter. I don't know a lot about Starfy, so I can't say anything about him. As for Slippy... I dunno, he just never appealed to me. Not that there's anything wrong with him, I'm just not a Star Fox fan.

Also, I think since the PMBR might not use the five slots, we could start making lists of less then five and prioritizing them.
Soo... what, like picking our top 3 or something? Hmmm. For me, that would be Isaac, Ridley/Dark Samus and.... either Ninten (Cause I'm biased) or Skull Kid (Again, I'm biased )

Edit: They're all done now :) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/wr8ly8gbtodkygl/69x5PVCDKL

There's the background and all of the icons I've made. There are two sets of icons - the first don't have any effects on them, and the second have had a bevel, outline and drop shadow applied. Other than that, they're all exactly the same. You can get individual icons in the folders, or just download the whole set in the zip files.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom