• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Characters for Project M Discussion Thread (Voting Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shin F.

Smash Master
Eh, who even needs an F-Throw? We got Offense Up -> Up Smash -> Solar Beam combo! And a Hovering Knee of Justice!

Now, we need a name. As this character has had four contributors, I hereby submit the name: EdgeTheArcticShinPipez.

Alfonzo Bagpipez

Smash Lord
NNID
Futatsu
3DS FC
0920-0032-8454
Mario Get Up attack?
ZSS F-Throw is pretty nice.
Samus ledge attack because there aren't many options left?

Alfonzo Bagpipez

Smash Lord
NNID
Futatsu
3DS FC
0920-0032-8454
And we can cancel into our Offense UpSmash from our Dash Attack, which we can set up with a Shell Shift. We have combos?
Shine -> Knee
Shine -> Solar Beam
Shine -> Stomp
Stomp -> Knee
Knee -> Solar Beam
Shine -> Stomp -> Stomp -> Knee -> Solar Beam at 0%
Stomp -> Shuttle Loop

Disgusting

Sharkarat

Gibdo Knight
3DS FC
3754-7599-5366
Needs a Grab. Don't know enough about smash to know who has the best grab. but if nothing else maybe Olimar's.

Also I think the moveset would fit pretty well on Tabuu.

Shin F.

Smash Master
Knee -> Solar Beam
Holy ****.
I'm a fan of EdgetheArcticShinPipez. How do I PSA this? We need this Frankenstein on BrawlVault pronto.
We'll figure it out, if it takes us forever.

What kind of design should he have? If he's original, he should probably have an element of each of our most wanted characters.
Needs a Grab. Don't know enough about smash to know who has the best grab. but if nothing else maybe Olimar's.
Samus' Grapple Beam or Link's Hookshot will both work.

arcticfox8

Smash Champion
How about he has a tether grab, but while the enemy is grabbed you have a desynched Nana to play with/totally cheese up the match.

But a double character sounds crazy. Double Stomp.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I was gonna suggest it be Dooplis...

Is Dooplis in Brawl?

Word.

Shin F.

Smash Master
I got...uhh...
I guess I can be the PR guy, cause I'm not good at anything.
Good, I suck at PR. Now, we just need our character in the game, and someone who can play him at a super competitive level... or a total noob will work. Etasp7 will wreck a high level player of any other character, even in the hands of a casual.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
Good, I suck at PR. Now, we just need our character in the game, and someone who can play him at a super competitive level... or a total noob will work. Etasp7 will wreck a high level player of any other character, even in the hands of a casual.
I shall manage the Etasp7 secret base of operations

EDIT: What you thought that was a joke? I'll let you know right now that I am never joking.

andalsoandy

Smash Lord
So the thing needs wings, a dragon tail and either a sword or a massive disjointed appendage?

It sounds a lot like True Ogre.

(Who stole Falco's reflector.)
Waluigi's legs for extra long kicks. Marth's sword in one hand and a ray gun in the other.

This character is set.

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
It seems I missed the fun. I did make a similar suggestion quite some time back for a character with a Frankensteined moveset. What it sounds like to me is a godlike alloy or Primid on steroids.

I'll toss in a few ideas:

-Sonic's running speed.
-Bowser's ledge attack.

Honorable mentions:

-Pichu's self damaging.
-Ganondorf's sword.
-Sandbag's idle animation.
-Super Landmaster.

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
Explain? I'm not as versed in lore as I should be.
Emerl. A robot dubbed Gizoid that has the ability to replicate attacks by just visualizing the opponent. He can mix and match any attack he learns to the way he sees fit.

Kally Wally

Smash Ace
He has a really cool design that I like a lot, but he would definitely be a weird choice. Also, Sonic rep, etc.

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
Explain? I'm not as versed in lore as I should be.
That character is known as Emerl.

I'm going to wing my description from what I remember instead of just googling it because it's more fun this way for me.

If I remember correctly he is a robot that first appeared in Sonic Battle. He was discovered by Gerald Robotnik and was assumed to be a very deadly weapon.

He has the ability to copy techniques that he has seen and use them flawlessly, Much like kirby only without absorbing people. He does not lose these abilities either.

In the game you actually built him a moveset based off of everyone elses moves in the game. It was pretty damn fun.

--------------

Actually I still have my Sonic Battle game. It's sitting on my dresser.

I could boot it up, but I couldn't post any screenshots since no camera

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
That character is known as Emerl.

I'm going to wing my description from what I remember instead of just googling it because it's more fun this way for me.

If I remember correctly he is a robot that first appeared in Sonic Battle. He was discovered by Gerald Robotnik and was assumed to be a very deadly weapon.

He has the ability to copy techniques that he has seen and use them flawlessly, Much like kirby only without absorbing people. He does not lose these abilities either.

In the game you actually built him a moveset based off of everyone elses moves in the game. It was pretty damn fun.
Pretty much this. And it was a Nintendo exclusive game at that. In fact, any cameo he has made was only within the realm of Nintendo Sonic games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom