• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Characters for Project M Discussion Thread (Voting Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
I've got an all S rank Chao on Sonic adventure 2 battle.

Level 99 in everything but stamina.
Level 50 or so in stamina.

Force feeding chao is hard.

I have run city escape so many times to afford Chao fruit it's ridiculous.
Why does he keep going back into the city he is trying to escape from?

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
we should, but I was really aiming that towards the "only seen in Nintendo exclusives" thing.
It is a cartoon. I'm speaking of game appearances. It should be self explanatory.

Edit: After a bit of thinking, I remembered All-stars Racing Transformed and Sonic Rivals 2 both have an Emerl collectable of some sort. So his appearance isn't Nintendo limited like I initially thought. My bad.

Last edited:

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
Getting off topic is pretty easy to do when you've pretty much discussed all the interesting characters on the list. All the remaining characters are usually ones that are:

A) Unfeasible
B) Disliked
C) Not on the list
D) Likely for Smash 4
E) Sonic tier and below

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
Getting off topic is pretty easy to do when you've pretty much discussed all the interesting characters on the list. All the remaining characters are usually ones that are:

A) Unfeasible
B) Disliked
C) Not on the list
D) Likely for Smash 4
E) Sonic tier and below
We still have some great options to choose from like............... um.......... Sandbag..........

Anti Guy

Couch Tomato
BRoomer
NNID
CouchTomato87

A) Unfeasible
B) Disliked
C) Not on the list
D) Likely for Smash 4
E) Sonic tier and below
Yeah, no kidding. Well at least since the last tally (168 votes), we've gotten 40 more (206 now), so if the stagnation continues, I'll release the next tally sometime soon.

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
Yeah, no kidding. Well at least since the last tally (168 votes), we've gotten 40 more (206 now), so if the stagnation continues, I'll release the next tally sometime soon.
Speaking of updates, do you think you can add Ray MK III to the op? He has gotten a noticeable amount of votes, so I think he is at least worth mentioning.

Xaranid

Smash Apprentice
Random question. So is it confirmed that Brawl Ex does NOT work with Project M? In a perfect world I could have the gameplay and balance of PM while throwing in a few other character PSAs for fun, even if they're not balanced for PM. (Geno, Ridley, Wisp, Waluigi...)

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
Sandbag for top tier! Wait deos that mean we would have sandbag hit sandbag in HRC?
No. Sandbag in HRC gets replaced with a series of self-damaging items if you play as him to see how far he can launch himself.

Anti Guy

Couch Tomato
BRoomer
NNID
CouchTomato87
I think he's only including people with at least 10 votes.
He actually just made the cut, but he's one of those characters whose results you should take with a grain of salt because he hasn't been on the OP.

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
He actually just made the cut, but he's one of those characters whose results you should take with a grain of salt because he hasn't been on the OP.
Which is why I suggested him to be on the OP. His discussion keeps getting overlapped with Pichu, Sonic, and off-topic discussions. He gained a handfull of half-votes more recently from the regulars here since they used their full votes. Most users stopping by have been voting on what is in the OP. It wouldn't hurt to throw him up because he is one of the last supported characters who is an "Issac" case who isn't likely for Smash 4. I just feel that the character was overlooked.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
Which is why I suggested him to be on the OP. His discussion keeps getting overlapped with Pichu, Sonic, and off-topic discussions. He gained a handfull of votes more recently from the regulars here since they used their full votes. Most users stopping by have been voting on what is in the OP. It wouldn't hurt to throw him up because he is one of the last supported characters who is an "Issac" case who isn't likely for Smash 4.
did someone say off-topic discussions?

Anti Guy

Couch Tomato
BRoomer
NNID
CouchTomato87
Which is why I suggested him to be on the OP. His discussion keeps getting overlapped with Pichu, Sonic, and off-topic discussions. He gained a handfull of half-votes more recently from the regulars here since they used their full votes. Most users stopping by have been voting on what is in the OP. It wouldn't hurt to throw him up because he is one of the last supported characters who is an "Issac" case who isn't likely for Smash 4. I just feel that the character was overlooked.
He'll be added to the OP

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
He'll be added to the OP
Thank you. I'll get working on some moveset ideas that can be discussed.

Also, a thought occurred to me that hasn't been considered for him. Mega Man's playstyle is very projectile and weapon heavy to the same extent as Ray. I imagine Ray to play in a similar fashion, though with his own traits obviously. This would be a good place to start the discussion on the character.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
So...I remember this Sandbag moveset I saw where he moved by rolling around on a red shell and swinging a bat at people, complete with other items for specials etc.

It seemed like a fun idea to me. Have we did used it before?

andalsoandy

Smash Lord
So...I remember this Sandbag moveset I saw where he moved by rolling around on a red shell and swinging a bat at people, complete with other items for specials etc.

It seemed like a fun idea to me. Have we did used it before?
Riding around on a red shell as SANDBAG just sounds like so much fun right there. The shell would probably have to do damage though and that seems OP if it was just his running animation.

It should be his Side-B, and it could act just like Yoshi's side-B.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Riding around on a red shell as SANDBAG just sounds like so much fun right there. The shell would probably have to do damage though and that seems OP if it was just his running animation.

It should be his Side-B, and it could act just like Yoshi's side-B.
I don't think it would have to do damage. At least not from just the running animation. It could obviously be used in a few attacks, and his dash attack could then be a sped up running version that does damage, but I don't think it needs to do damage inherently. That just unnecessarily complicates it.

andalsoandy

Smash Lord
I don't think it would have to do damage. At least not from just the running animation. It could obviously be used in a few attacks, and his dash attack could then be a sped up running version that does damage, but I don't think it needs to do damage inherently. That just unnecessarily complicates it.
I dunno. If it were his running animation I think it'd be weird to see Sandbag run into someone riding on a shell and not hurt them.

Then again, how else is he gonna run...

UltimateWario

Smash Master
+1 Ridley
"Ridley should've been in Smash since Melee" is practically my catchphrase at this point. He deserves to be in Smash more than literally anyone else on that list, because he is a huge character in a massively underrepped franchise, and would also give us an aerial heavy character, which we have none of. The only problem is his possible playability within SSB4 (hope to God).

+1 Skull Kid
Tons of potential, a popular character, and confirmed to not be playable in SSB4. A unique moveset is almost assured, which is always fun.

+1 Isaac
Pretty much the same points as Skull Kid, but from a popular, unrepped franchise. He could be in SSB4, but I'm not counting on it.

+1/2 Dark Samus

I'm curious about what you good folks can do with a Samus clone. Although Ridley is obviously the priority, I would be all over a super-fast, lighter Samus.

-1 Krystal
StarFox is at the perfect size for the size of the franchise, and I really don't see anything that Krystal could bring, beyond using a staff, to the series.

-1 Pichu
We already have EIGHT playable Pokemon. We don't need another one, especially a clone, and a completely uninteresting one at that.

NWRL

Smash Ace
+1 Ridley

Metroid series needs reps and Dark Samus wouldn't add enough variety imo. Ridley would be awesome

+1 Waluigi
That PSA is perfect, the PMBR should just use that and add him in.

+1 Skull Kid
Majora's Mask could use some reps in Smash, it was a great game after all.

+1 Black Shadow/Ganondorf
I don't really care about playing Ganon but another F-Zero rep would be amazing.

-1 Pichu
Way too many reps for Pokemon and it wouldn't be that much different from Pikachu.

Shin F.

Smash Master
Lmao. I'm not even sure if Bloo is supposed to be Pichu's super vocal supporters (Lookin' at TopTierPichu, here) or his down-voters, but it was a hilarious clip either way!

Incidentally, for those saying Pichu wouldn't be unique - try to look in the thread for OrangeSodaGuy's idea of the Discharge mechanic they could give him. It's very, very interesting and would definitely make Pichu a worthy character.

andalsoandy

Smash Lord
Lmao. I'm not even sure if Bloo is supposed to be Pichu's super vocal supporters (Lookin' at TopTierPichu, here) or his down-voters, but it was a hilarious clip either way!

Incidentally, for those saying Pichu wouldn't be unique - try to look in the thread for OrangeSodaGuy's idea of the Discharge mechanic they could give him. It's very, very interesting and would definitely make Pichu a worthy character.
I thought of Bloo as the supporter.

Then again, it makes us Pichu supporters look whiny.

andalsoandy

Smash Lord
Most of you aren't that bad. You and Chzrm3 are very reasonable about wanting him, for instance. It's just the super vocal ones who bring him up at every turn that are kind of annoying.
It's kinda hard to call them out when they want the same character you do.

lol

Thanks though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom