• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Characters for Project M Discussion Thread (Voting Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
Then make the side version more like Ike's quick draw, charging makes it go further and using it results in special fall.
That might work. That way if you used all your jumps and your glide already you could still get back to the stage.

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895
Ridley should also be bigger if not just as big as Bowser. What would his final smash be?

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895
Ridley should also be bigger if not just as big as Bowser. What would his final smash be?

Shin F.

Smash Master
There are a few FS possibilites. He could do a giant fireball, go into a free-flight mode like what Yoshi's Super Dragon does, or do the attack where he flies into the background and charges at you from there.

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
This Ridley talk is great. I was waiting for some people to start thinking about his playstyle.

Remember that moveset I posted I while back? I made that in the spirit of a character that desperately needed to be in the air because he or she sucked on the ground, but I didn't want another Jigglypuff.

While the moveset would need to be completely different, would anyone like the idea of Ridley filling that niche? He could have like the absolute best aerial game out of ANYONE and sort of be like Firebrand's feel in MvC 3 Ultimate. He could also be uncomfortable to play on the ground as a result. I don't know, it seems appropriate to me.

Shin F.

Smash Master
This Ridley talk is great. I was waiting for some people to start thinking about his playstyle.

Remember that moveset I posted I while back? I made that in the spirit of a character that desperately needed to be in the air because he or she sucked on the ground, but I didn't want another Jigglypuff.

While the moveset would need to be completely different, would anyone like the idea of Ridley filling that niche? He could have like the absolute best aerial game out of ANYONE and sort of be like Firebrand's feel in MvC 3 Ultimate. He could also be uncomfortable to play on the ground as a result. I don't know, it seems appropriate to me.
The 'Balloon Fighter' one? The general idea works, but the specials didn't fit him at all if I remember correctly. I think it's good we're talking specifics now, though, because I don't think we've had more than a general idea for a moveset for him up to this point.

What if we had it so Ridley was very, very slow on the ground? Like, his dash is Bowser's walking speed or something, so keeping him in the air at all times is basically a must for him. But, his air game would be extremely fast and powerful. I'm not very competitive, so sorry if that sounds like a terrible idea, but do you think that would work?

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
The 'Balloon Fighter' one? The general idea works, but the specials didn't fit him at all if I remember correctly. I think it's good we're talking specifics now, though, because I don't think we've had more than a general idea for a moveset for him up to this point.
Yeah I meant the specials as well. Also I just realized how he could differ from Jiggs. She excels at edgeguarding with her Wall of Pain stuff, but Ridley could instead focus on attacks that combo well while consistently airborne around the opponent. Like his jumps and recovery and such would mean he has to be played differently from her since she has the luxury of safely adjusting her vertical aerial position with her fixed jump height for all six jumps.

EDIT: He'd also be different from Charizard in that every single one of his (most likely many jumps) could have spacie gravity and Wolf speed. His attacks would focus less on on attaining a quick, rhythmic vertical K.O. and more on consistently popping the opponent on and off the ground for fast aerial combos.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
It seems most people are going around these being the five slots:
- Isaac
- Metroid newcomer
- DK newcomer
- FE, Mother, or Zelda newcomer
- An additional new series newcomer (whether classic or modern series/stand alone game)

Shin F.

Smash Master
It seems most people are going around these being the five slots:
- Isaac
- Metroid newcomer
- DK newcomer
- FE, Mother, or Zelda newcomer
- An additional new series newcomer (whether classic or modern series/stand alone game)
That sounds about perfect to me. It's the least divisive set that I could possibly think of, perhaps with the last slot also being one of the three listed in the fourth, although a series newcomer like Andy or Balloon Fighter would be very welcome.

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895
I want to change my previous post about my wishlist.

Isaac - He's the most requested, he's going to make it in.
Kamek - A mage type character for a series with one representative. I could make up a small moveset if anyone wants.
Samurai Goroh - I stated my hate towards the idea of Black Shadow multiple times and Samurai Goroh is my favorite assist trophy. So it's mostly just bias since I don't want Ganny to change.
Major current represented series antagonist - Preferably Ridley since they could shrink a lot of his animations and smooth them out. Will also be fine with King K. Rool or Porky.
New series character - Simon Belmont, Little Mac, or Andy.

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
Kamek - A mage type character for a series with one representative. I could make up a small moveset if anyone wants.
I gave a half vote to Kamek. I don't think he'll ever get in but I'd like to see your ideas anyway. Cuz the clone engine will be released to the public one day, so there's reason at least dream about it here. I love my Mario characters ^_^

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
I gave a half vote to Kamek. I don't think he'll ever get in but I'd like to see your ideas anyway. Cuz the clone engine will be released to the public one day, so there isn't much reason to not at least dream about it here. I love my Mario characters ^_^
Isn`t Kamek a girl? I have never played the Yoshi games but I remember seeing a Let`s play where in-game text called her a girl.

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
Isn`t Kamek a girl? I have never played the Yoshi games but I remember seeing a Let`s play where in-game text called her a girl.
No in the Yoshi games Kamek really is a guy. I think it's the high pitch voice which gets people mistaking his gender. That, and in the first two Paper Mario games Bowser's second in command was a female Magikoopa called Kammy Koopa, who wasn't actually Kamek but is often confused with him.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
No in the Yoshi games Kamek really is a guy. I think it's the high pitch voice which gets people mistaking his gender. That, and in the first two Paper Mario games Bowser's second in command was a female Magikoopa called Kammy Koopa, who wasn't actually Kamek but is often confused with him.
Doesn't help that in the abomination that was Sticker Star, Kamek was one of the antagonists.

TheKk-47

Smash Apprentice
AW HELL NO
YOU WANNA SAY THAT TO MY FACE
GET YO *** OVER HERE

*cough* No
COME AT ME BRO! YOU EVEN LIFT YA DAMN FROG! SLIPPY SUX! HE'S ONLY GOOD FOR DYING AND SCREAMING "FOOOOOOOXXX!"

Sorry,I just hate Slippy, I'd be ok with Krystal using her staff and Assault weapons, but I don't want anymore SF chars.

Alfonzo Bagpipez

Smash Lord
NNID
Futatsu
3DS FC
0920-0032-8454
Yes it is. No exp, no partners, no point in battling.

Stickers are so OP that it doesn't require much thinking, and the stickers replace the items which sucks. that and the story was meh..... typical.

It's that bad.
Jesus...glad I didn't buy it...

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
What`s next are you going to tell me that there isn`t an attack button so if you run out of items your screwed?
Run out of stickers, basically no attacks.

But don't worry its totally easy to get a crap ton of stickers so that never happens unless your really really bad at the game.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
But don't worry its totally easy to get a crap ton of stickers so that never happens unless your really really bad at the game.
and that`s how you know that Miyamoto made it. I respect the dude but he doesn`t know how to make a fun, challenging video game unless you have ***hole friends who purposely try to kill you in Mario games.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
What`s next are you going to tell me that there isn`t an attack button so if you run out of items your screwed?
Run out of stickers, basically no attacks.

Not quite true. The bosses all take a ****ton of stickers, unless you figure out the one sticker you need to use. And you can always run away from any encounter. Including bosses. So if you blow all your stickers on a boss, you can just flee.

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
I was gonna throw in a few suggestions, but all this Sticker Star talk made me forget what I was gonna say...:facepalm:

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
Not quite true. The bosses all take a ****ton of stickers, unless you figure out the one sticker you need to use. And you can always run away from any encounter. Including bosses. So if you blow all your stickers on a boss, you can just flee.
But you can run away and restock flippin stickers. which you just said.

The game is bad, they should just let IS handle the next one.... alone. Miyamoto should stick with other non RPG franchises. imo

Edit: SORRY ALPHONSE. sorry tomato. Carry on.

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895
I liked the game, but it's definitely a game that you play once and never again.

The soundtrack is freaking awesome though.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
But you can run away and restock flippin stickers. which you just said.

The game is bad, they should just let IS handle the next one.... alone. Miyamoto should stick with other non RPG franchises. imo

Edit: SORRY ALPHONSE. sorry tomato. Carry on.
Yeah! I mean they clearly let you run specifically in case you run out. It just takes the tension out of boss fights.

I liked the game, but it's definitely a game that you play once and never again.

The soundtrack is freaking awesome though.
It's not necessarily, inherently a bad game. It's just not a very good Paper Mario game.

But yes, I believe we can all agree: the music kicked ass.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
Yeah! I mean they clearly let you run specifically in case you run out. It just takes the tension out of boss fights.

It's not necessarily, inherently a bad game. It's just not a very good Paper Mario game.

But yes, I believe we can all agree: the music kicked ***.
I`m bows4r and I`m going to mess you u.... oh your out of stickers. bye bye then, see you in 5 seconds of grinding.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom