• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Characters for Project M Discussion Thread (Voting Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
because its not?
.......................Your..............................medical......................................condition..................................is..............................highly..................................contagious!

CardiganBoy

Smash Lord
What newcomers by series i would like to see:
-A new series newcomer: Isaac from Golden Sun deserves it.
-Metroid newcomer: Metroid right now its the most deserving considering this is a big franchise and the lack of other char. aside of Samus. My personal choice would be Dark Samus, but since Ridley deserves it more, i go with the Space Dragon. (If Ridley ends in SSB4 then Dark Samus all the way!)
-DK newcomer: whoever they choose
-Fire Emblem: This series sure has grown with the time, i go with Lyndis.
-Another new series, or Masked Man from Mother series.

Shin F.

Smash Master
because its not?
Your ability to recognize sarcasm is astounding. I am truly awed. --.--
.......................Your..............................medical......................................condition..................................is..............................highly..................................contagious!
.........................................OH GOD....................................... IT'S............................. SPREADING!!!!

mikeyn1gm

Smash Journeyman
Your ability to recognize sarcasm is astounding. I am truly awed. --.--

.........................................OH GOD....................................... IT'S............................. SPREADING!!!!
Nah I just don't take it seriously when it's put in text. (the sarcasm...that is)

ViewtifulHoe242

Smash Journeyman
man **** dark samus and ridley. they come off as so uninspiring and thinking small. there are too many badasses in the metroid series for a ganondorf-ied samus clone
im really gonna have to get to work on a moveset for one of the metroid hunters from metroid prime: Hunters

mikeyn1gm

Smash Journeyman
man **** dark samus and ridley. they come off as so uninspiring and thinking small. there are too many badasses in the metroid series for a ganondorf-ied samus clone
im really gonna have to get to work on a moveset for one of the metroid hunters from metroid prime: Hunters
I thought that was the best metroid prime.....replayability and content wise.

Shin F.

Smash Master
Funny, I see it the opposite way. I couldn't stand MPH. If a Metroid character gets in, I think it needs to be one that's recurring throughout the series.
I thought that was the best metroid prime.....replayability and content wise.
Again... I always thought the opposite about it. It's my least favorite besides Metroid Other M and Metroid Prime Pinball.

mikeyn1gm

Smash Journeyman
Funny, I see it the opposite way. I couldn't stand MPH. If a Metroid character gets in, I think it needs to be one that's recurring throughout the series.

Again... I always thought the opposite about it. It's my least favorite besides Metroid Other M and Metroid Prime Pinball.
I never tried those 2 games......Metroid Prime Pinball looks interesting. I like the gameplay of Other M but much like others, I'm not fond of how they handled the characterization......like with Samus

Arteen

Smash Lord
Let's all be real about the fact that Golden Sun is going to be repped in P:M if they are in fact including more characters. I'm willing to bet cash money that someone is animating P:M Isaac right now.
If only! Isaac in Smash, be it Project M or SSB4, would be a dream come true.

Shin F.

Smash Master
I never tried those 2 games......Metroid Prime Pinball looks interesting. I like the gameplay of Other M but much like others, I'm not fond of how they handled the characterization......like with Samus
Same for Other M. Metroid Prime Pinball I don't like because... I mean, it's pinball. I find it a bit boring.

mikeyn1gm

Smash Journeyman
Same for Other M. Metroid Prime Pinball I don't like because... I mean, it's pinball. I find it a bit boring.
oh yeah with the pinball....it was never really enough to get me interested in the game. The only thing i really found interesting was how Samus can get out of "Morphball" mode and shoot sometimes, which isn't something you see all the time

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
If only! Isaac in Smash, be it Project M or SSB4, would be a dream come true.

Only this dream is very likely to be brought to life through P:M. Sadly Sonic fans will keep dreaming if they ever hope to see another Sonic character step foot in the game. Which, in all honesty, sucks. It is like only getting to play as Mario, when you would much rather be Luigi or another character from the same series.

Sharkarat

Gibdo Knight
3DS FC
3754-7599-5366
I don't really see what so special about the hunters compared to Dark Samus. If you don't make her a clone, I think she has more potential than most of the hunters.

Shin F.

Smash Master
I don't really see what so special about the hunters compared to Dark Samus. If you don't make her a clone, I think she has more potential than most of the hunters.
This. The Hunters appeared in only one game and each have a single primary weapon, while DS has been in three games and has a multitude of abilities to use that are different from what Samus is able to do.

Of course, as has been said, this is the Clone Engine, so being a clone of some sort is a good thing in most cases.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
Wasn't Hunters terrible? I kinda wanna play Prime Pinball though--I'm a fan of pinball games.

If Dark Samus gets in, in addition to drawing from her own abilities, she should get some of Samus's unused ones. I want the shinespark to be in Smash, damn it. :c

Also no. Ridley > Dark Samus >>> Hunters >>>>>>>>>>>>>>Anthony. :awesome:

Shin F.

Smash Master
Wasn't Hunters terrible? I kinda wanna play Prime Pinball though--I'm a fan of pinball games.

If Dark Samus gets in, in addition to drawing from her own abilities, she should get some of Samus's unused ones. I want the shinespark to be in Smash, damn it. :c

Also no. Ridley > Dark Samus >>> Hunters >>>>>>>>>>>>>>Anthony. :awesome:
It was awful.

In my books, Ridley >= Dark Samus >>>>> Anthony Higgs >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Adam > Hunters.

Alfonzo Bagpipez

Smash Lord
NNID
Futatsu
3DS FC
0920-0032-8454
Ridley definitely needs to be the first Metroid rep to be considered, with Dark Samus being a backup plan if anything...

We really shouldn't have both...that's just stupid.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
Ridley definitely needs to be the first Metroid rep to be considered, with Dark Samus being a backup plan if anything...

We really shouldn't have both...that's just stupid.
This. Absolutely this.

True. I like Anthony just because he shares my first name irl, but I wouldn't want him playable.
I appreciate that Anthony is one of the few black guys to survive to the end. :awesome:

Kally Wally

Smash Ace
Real talk.

As a Metroid non-initiate, what's interesting about Ridley, from a gameplay/abilities standpoint, that Charizard doesn't already cover? From my perspective, they're both "big dragon thing from a series of games don't play."

Shin F.

Smash Master
I appreciate that Anthony is one of the few black guys to survive to the end.:awesome:
And one of the only black Nintendo characters at all, for that matter. The only other one on the top of my head is Ganondorf... and he's evil.
Real talk.

As a Metroid non-initiate, what's interesting about Ridley, from a gameplay/abilities standpoint, that Charizard doesn't already cover? From my perspective, they're both "big dragon thing from a series of games don't play."
Hmm. Ridley has a much bigger emphasis on flying than Charizard, and his tail has insane range compared to anything Charizard's could do. His fireballs are less of a stream, and more of a mix of Din's Fire and Mario's fireball (think about the ones he fires as Meta Ridley in Boss Battles). He also has his iconic charging attacks, where he flies quickly across the screen and where he flies into the background and rams you, which again, you can see in his Boss Battle. He's also quite a bit speedier than Charizard.

Besides all of that, the most important thing about Ridley is that he's so iconic and essential to the series, much more important than Charizard.

Alfonzo Bagpipez

Smash Lord
NNID
Futatsu
3DS FC
0920-0032-8454
Real talk.

Fiyah balls?
More survivability?
I dunno, I'm not a Metroid fan myself.
Anyways, since I've covered all of the "major" eligible FE characters with their specials, I've skimmed through the rest of the possible contenders.
There's not really anyone else I could make a moveset for without it looking really stupid/pointless :(

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
And one of the only black Nintendo characters at all, for that matter. The only other one on the top of my head is Ganondorf... and he's evil.
I have a hard time calling Ganon black; his skin is not usually a natural human color. He's kinda grey in both TP and WW, and oddly greenish in OoT. And either way he's more tan than black...which yes, could still be considered racist.

Shin F.

Smash Master
I have a hard time calling Ganon black; his skin is not usually a natural human color. He's kinda grey in both TP and WW, and oddly greenish in OoT. And either way he's more tan than black...which yes, could still be considered racist.

Well... maybe so, but you can't quite be a racist against a race that doesn't exist. Like the Gerudo. Dirty, thieving Gerudo. Tried to steal away all my rupees. Blew those little ******** up, is what I did!

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
Well... maybe so, but you can't quite be a racist against a race that doesn't exist. Like the Gerudo. Dirty, thieving Gerudo. Tried to steal away all my rupees. Blew those little ******** up, is what I did!
Well, still they're tan people from the desert who are portrayed as thieves and their leader is evil, and killed by a couple of very white people. :p Nevertheless, I don't think Nintendo was specifically trying to be racist against people in the Middle East.

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
If they decide to put Ridley, a pogo stick attack with his tail is the first move I would like to see. (maybe Zard's dair?)

randomnerdchris

Smash Cadet
Has anybody made a full moveset for Ridley? I don't remember seeing one. I imagine ridley playing something like Firebrand from UMVC3 where he's in the air like the entire time.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
Has anybody made a full moveset for Ridley? I don't remember seeing one. I imagine ridley playing something like Firebrand from UMVC3 where he's in the air like the entire time.
That's about the playstyle most of us imagine for him--a very aerial character. Maybe even bad on the ground.

randomnerdchris

Smash Cadet
That's about the playstyle most of us imagine for him--a very aerial character. Maybe even bad on the ground.
So he'd probably end up working similarly to Jigglypuff, how would Ridley be weighted considering that. I mean he's pretty big but he'd need to be floaty to stay in the air for a while right? I'm still not entirely sure how the weight system in Smash works.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
So he'd probably end up working similarly to Jigglypuff, how would Ridley be weighted considering that. I mean he's pretty big but he'd need to be floaty to stay in the air for a while right? I'm still not entirely sure how the weight system in Smash works.
Medium weight, I suppose. Lighter than he looks at the very least; if he can fly, he probably has light bones like a bird. I imagine his aerial speed to be decently high as well, since Ridley is pretty fast in Metroid.

randomnerdchris

Smash Cadet
Medium weight, I suppose. Lighter than he looks at the very least; if he can fly, he probably has light bones like a bird. I imagine his aerial speed to be decently high as well, since Ridley is pretty fast in Metroid.
How exactly would that work he'd need an air dash or glide I assume. Maybe like the fly across the screen move you guys described (haven't played very much metroid sry) maybe shortened to provide quick horizontal movement.

Ginge

Smash Ace
How exactly would that work he'd need an air dash or glide I assume. Maybe like the fly across the screen move you guys described (haven't played very much metroid sry) maybe shortened to provide quick horizontal movement.
Perhaps his Up-B and Side-B in the air could work like Project M's R.O.B.

Multiple bursts that you can choose the direction you go in.

Alfonzo Bagpipez

Smash Lord
NNID
Futatsu
3DS FC
0920-0032-8454
Robs PM Up B, with a hitbox, and 5 uses.

Edit: NINJA'd LIKE A NYUGGA

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
Ridley should definitely have a glide. Perhaps, like they suggested up above, he could have R.O.B.-like bursts, and be otherwise limited two a single double jump. I dunno, I think I'd rather have him have multiple jumps.

Shin F.

Smash Master
Ridley should definitely have a glide. Perhaps, like they suggested up above, he could have R.O.B.-like bursts, and be otherwise limited two a single double jump. I dunno, I think I'd rather have him have multiple jumps.
He should definitely have multiple jumps, but that's no reason he can't also have the glide / dash air attack. I mean, Pit, Meta Knight and Charizard do.

So, I'm thinking his down air can work like Wario's, but using his tail like in the Super Metroid vid I posted.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
He should definitely have multiple jumps, but that's no reason he can't also have the glide / dash air attack. I mean, Pit, Meta Knight and Charizard do.

So, I'm thinking his down air can work like Wario's, but using his tail like in the Super Metroid vid I posted.
No, I agree. Multiple jumps and a glide, but no one has multiple jumps, a glide, and R.O.B.'s air dash--that might be a little much. :p

And his dair should absolutely be the pogo tail!

Shin F.

Smash Master
No, I agree. Multiple jumps and a glide, but no one has multiple jumps, a glide, and R.O.B.'s air dash--that might be a little much. :p

And his dair should absolutely be the pogo tail!
Then make the side version more like Ike's quick draw, charging makes it go further and using it results in special fall.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom