• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Character to be Shown Monday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
It'd be kinda funny if Shulk and ROB showed up in the trailer together.

Since they got that whole tech thing going on.
Maybe Shulk thinks ROB is a Mechon, but ROB proves himself to be a good guy and fights alongside Shulk.

TheMagicalKuja

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2020-0988-7919
Speculah was NEVER peaceful.

Also, am I the only one eager to see how Shulk plays and what his stage would be like? C'mon, entirely new franchise to SSB? Sneaking in a vet would be a nice bonus.

Meelow

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Meelow
Yeah, Shulk and ROB seem more likely then Shulk and Mewtwo, and Mewtwo could take the hype away from Shulk if they were both in the same trailer together.

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
It'd be kinda funny if Shulk and ROB showed up in the trailer together.

Since they got that whole tech thing going on.
Maybe Shulk thinks ROB is a Mechon, but ROB proves himself to be a good guy and fights alongside Shulk.
I would not have a problem with this.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Maybe not peaceful but it seems a lot worse now. Granted, I side with Gematsu and currently think any new characters outside it will be DLC but it seems like most character discussions nowadays devolve into fighting about whether Gematsu is true or not.
It doesn't really much different from past events, but the context is a tad different this time around considering that A) We've been given the grand scheme of things months ahead of time and B) There is still the DLC and varies unknown factors regarding to it.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Yeah, thanks. :p Fixed it.

Also, I just looked at the stream schedule for today. There IS a block for "Announcements and Awards" after Melee Finals...
Where can you find this?
I'm on what I think is the page, and it wont even show me a detailing of the finals info.
Ive been trying to watch al weekend, yergh.

metaknave

Smash Apprentice
Well since everyone else is doing a trailer, here's mine:

The Smash Symbol Slash appears, and we see Zero Suit Samus and Ike enjoying a walk in the forest. They sit down to rest when Pokey's machine emerges from the trees. As they prepare to go on the offense we hear, "PK Love!" The machine takes some damage and the screen pans towards Lucas. (Take that, Gematsu!) Smashing Song of Praise begins to play.

Lucas sticks it to 'em!

We see some Lucas gameplay, including PK Freeze being replaced by PK Love and the inclusion of Offense Up. It cuts back to our heroes, who prepare to finish off Pokey, when he pushes a big red button. All of a sudden, a group of Mechon burst from the nearby shrubbery. They all try attacking these mechanized fiends to no avail. Pokey laughs in the background. When all hope seems lost, a blue blade flashes in front of the screen. All the Mechon are destroyed, and behind the wreckage is none other than Shulk! You Will Know Our Names starts playing here.

Shulk predicts his arrival!

His gameplay footage shows off his various Monado powers, including the Monado Buster and Team Smash only Monado Enchant, which gives his teammate(s) a slight range and knockback boost. Back to our heroes, they focus their attention on Pokey as he tries to escape. It's no good as Shulk initiates a Chain Attack on him. With Lucas cheering them on, ZSS paralyzes the machine, Ike Aethers it, and Shulk finishes it with a Monado Buster. The massive flash of blue light ends the trailer. For the stinger, everyone's breathing a sigh of relief when Reyn walks into frame and says, "What a bunch of jokahs!" End trailer.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Well if its ridley

The ridley support thread has a little suprise about the size of brawl ridley

This is samus next to ridley when she grabs a super mushroom

Shroob

Sup?
I swear that if Ridley gets shown as a stage boss tomorrow, people will STILL think he has a shot at being playable.

Bladeviper

Smash Ace
NNID
Bladeviper
Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
So now everyone is expecting a double reveal.

Why?
Just because of how much they're hyping up this event and I think most people who side with Gematsu want to see them get the last three out of the way as quickly as possible. Personally, I want to see a newcomer and a veteran in this trailer. I'm honestly much more excited about Wario, Ness, and the Ice Climbers's eventual confirmation than the supposed remaining three newcomers.

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Who I'm hoping for: Paper Mario, Robin, Chrom, King K. Rool, Ridley.

Who I think we'll see: Shulk or Chrom.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
I swear that if Ridley gets shown as a stage boss tomorrow, people will STILL think he has a shot at being playable.
First, you say 'Still' as if he's already been confirmed to be one. He hasn't.
Second, um, why can DK be playable and hazard, but Ridley can't? Why can there be two Links, but not two Ridleys? There are more than one Ridley. Ridley will not be disconfirmed until actually disconfirmed. When the game is released/leaked to prove what he is. So, yes, some will Think he may still be playabe if shown as a boss. With all rights.

Now, back on topic~

I Think, of course, the most likely reveal tomorrow is Shulk. But, anyone Think there will be a veteran, like Charizard was, shown as well? Charizard was shown since he was so changed. Maybe a changed Ganondorf for Shulk's trailer?

Shroob

Sup?
First, you say 'Still' as if he's already been confirmed to be one. He hasn't.
Second, um, why can DK be playable and hazard, but Ridley can't? Why can there be two Links, but not two Ridleys? There are more than one Ridley. Ridley will not be disconfirmed until actually disconfirmed. When the game is released/leaked to prove what he is. So, yes, some will Think he may still be playabe if shown as a boss. With all rights.

Now, back on topic~

I Think, of course, the most likely reveal tomorrow is Shulk. But, anyone Think there will be a veteran, like Charizard was, shown as well? Charizard was shown since he was so changed. Maybe a changed Ganondorf for Shulk's trailer?
I would argue that a boss is slightly a bigger deal than a background npc.

Kirby98

Smash Cadet
Balloon fighter!! I would so vote for Balloon Fighter!! Someone please correct me tomorrow if I am wrong!!
Also I am putting my vote on Chrom, King k.rool, Chibi Robo, and Rusty!

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Who I'm hoping for: Paper Mario, Robin, Chrom, King K. Rool, Ridley.

Who I think we'll see: Shulk or Chrom.

:awesome:

I don't Know How long it will take off for me to realise that it's true.

If it's objective, I will stop hoping but I'll still find that questionable.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
I would argue that a boss is slightly a bigger deal than a background npc.
Probably. But it being a Little bigger doesn't change anything. ^^ Backgrounds DK attacks, so would a boss Ridley. Only difference would be that Ridley would be beatable.
Either way, what I already said and whatnot. Not saying Ridley WILL be playable. But being shown as a boss Changes nothing in what we can expect.

But as I said, on topic~

Bladeviper

Smash Ace
NNID
Bladeviper
This is the most recent one. No update tonight. Nintendo has no reason for any update tonight when there is one coming tomorrow.
i would say revealing a character at the biggest tourny of the year is a great reason, not saying they will now but to say there is no reason is wrong lol

Koyuki

Smash Rookie
CLASHTournaments:
"Filsamech and Sakurai Miis are popping up here at #Evo2014... WHAT IS ABOUT TO HAPPEN!?"

PadWarrior

Smash Ace
NNID
Smasboards suck
Doesn't mean a reveal. Man you guys are really that thirsty for a reveal today?

PadWarrior

Smash Ace
NNID
Smasboards suck
You guys do know the Treehouse reps are probably just giving these streetpasses out as gifts right?

Mr. KoopaTurtle

Smash Lord
NNID
gamedude101
3DS FC
0344-9381-8375
Doesn't mean a reveal. Man you guys are really that thirsty for a reveal today?
No, I'm actually not. I'm excited because competitive aspects such as reduced landing lag or dash dancing for Smash 4 will be revealed. It's unlikely, but I can dream.

Also, please don't jump to conclusions on what people are anticipating.

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
Balloon fighter!! I would so vote for Balloon Fighter!! Someone please correct me tomorrow if I am wrong!!
Also I am putting my vote on Chrom, King k.rool, Chibi Robo, and Rusty!
I think Villagers up special is fairly damning evidence against Balloon Fighter, but we'll see tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom