• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Character to be Shown Monday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bladeviper

Smash Ace
NNID
Bladeviper
The only none third party veteran I can see getting a trailer is Mewtwo just because he has a certain level of hype behind him other veterans don't have.
i dont see any vets getting a trailer to there own, if they are in a trailer it goes the charizard route

XLIFE

Smash Journeyman
NNID
fevariblaze
This is the only way I see Mewtwo/Shulk 3 minute trailer working.

We see an abandoned laboratory with fog around and some Mechon inside, they're destroying everything, but suddenly out pops Shulk and kills them all with the Monado. After he thinks he got em all, he sees a sleeping pod empty and wonders what could've been inside, out of nowhere he starts floating with purple aura around him and this guy pops out of the darkness.

They start to fight until Shulk breaks his armor and notices he's not a Mechon. They look at each other a while and after more Mechon arrive they proceed to beating them up together.

This mixed in with some gameplay for both of them seems believable for a 3 minute trailer, at least I think.

Last edited:

Jumpman84

Smash Lord
NNID
Jumpman84
3DS FC
3695-0041-5877
Shulk Envisions the Battle.
Another question, when will smashboards crash from the hype?
My guess is an hour before the reveal.
Smashboards doesn't crash. It uses Down+B to turn into Crashboards. :p

UltimateWario

Smash Master
Ever since Gematsu was all but confirmed, I can't really get hyped about announcements anymore. It doesn't help that I don't give even a single **** about any of the leaked characters left.

-sigh-

lilt

Smash Journeyman
Personal expectation for tomorrow's reveal (likelihood gradient):

1. Shulk
2. Chorus Kids
3. Chrom
4. Mewtwo
5. Ridley
6. K. Rool

7. Dixie Kong
8. Paper Mario
9. Ghirahim
10. Krystal

Last edited:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Yea but don't forget that arguement about mewtwo is considered a newcomer due to not being in brawl.
Nah, that's fan interpretations. Mewtwo is a veteran by every meaning of the word, he's not new to Smash Bros at all just because he took a break. It's as simple as that.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Ever since Gematsu was all but confirmed, I can't really get hyped about announcements anymore. It doesn't help that I don't give even a single **** about any of the leaked characters left.

-sigh-

Last edited:

Lozjam

Smash Champion
Smashboards doesn't crash. It uses Down+B to turn into Crashboards. :p
They are separate characters, transformations are cut.
Smashboards: "Why did they replace me with you, huh? Answer me this, what do you have that I dont'?!
Crashboards: "BLUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUE BALLZ

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
...You know what, in hindsight I almost don't want Shulk to be revealed tomorrow. I like him and all, and I support him (actually, I really want him to be in) but it'll just make this whole Gematsu thing even worse.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
A refuse to Believe a gender-switching magician, a Purple space dragon, a obese and tail-less Crocodile king, a giant-headed psycho, and a boy shooting giant hands all lived in harmony.

I also refuse to Believe a pretty-boy husbando and Three White shouting boys could change it.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352

-sigh-
I know, right? I was actually a bit bummed out at this announcement since it means we're going to have to wait longer in order to see a veteran. You know things stink for you when the content you're most excited for is the exact same content you've been playing last game. Honestly, at some point when we're doing a "Most hyped moment" thread post-release or something like that I'm not exactly going to be happy to answer that with "Meta Knight's reveal", because that was my exact same answer last time.

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
3 minutes is still a little long for a shulk trailer

Its either a double reveal(a veteran with him) or he has 12 moves if its shulk tomorrow.

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Alright, time to build some excessive hype for tomorrow's potential trailer:

The setting is a coliseum. Marth stands in the shadow of a gate. Suddenly the gate starts to rise, Marth takes a deep breath and steps out into the sunlight. Around him is loud cheering. This music starts playing:

Marth casually waves to the crowd as he looks suddenly tense when he hears someone shout "Great Aether." Marth narrowly dodges an attack and a sword slams into the ground, creating large dust cloud and a small fissure that branches through the ground like broken ice. Marth unsheathes his sword and turns to face his challenger. The dust creates, revealing Ike. He then raises his sword to Marth and says "you'll get no sympathy from me." Marth nods in agreement as if to say "like wise" before charging in. Ike's surprised by Marth's speed, just barely blocking his first swing. The two fight it out for a time as the crowd goes wild. Suddenly, another gate in the coliseum loudly opens and a figure steps out. Marth and Ike swords are locked and they are struggling to overcome each other. They then turn to see who came out of the gate. The camera pans up to reveal that it is Chrom and this music plays.

CHROM CHALLENGES FATE!

He lifts his sword towards Marth and Ike. They both seem annoyed by his interruption and break off. As Marth readies his sword, Chrom is already upon him. Marth is surprised by his quickness but manages to push him off. Suddenly, it's a battle royale and all three are going at it. There is a moment where both Marth and Ike are fighting Chrom and Chrom seems overwhelmed. Suddenly, a blue streak slashes across the screen, breaking the three of them apart. The music stops and suddenly a figure is standing next to Chrom. Chrom nods in thanks as the camera pans to the right to reveal Shulk.

SHULK SEIZES DESTINY!

Shulk stands in a battle stance and the others do the same. Chrom and Shulk charge towards Marth and Ike and the battle begins again. The game then zooms out of the coliseum to the reveal that it was on Bionis the entire time and this music kicks in.

Footage of Shulk and Chrom is shown along with their final smashes and a new Xenoblade stage. A small scene appears where the two versions of the Falchion, Ragnall, and the Monado cross, sending sparks and making loud clanging sounds before they break apart and the SSB4 title cards show up. The screen fades to black for a bit before going back to the coliseum scene. The four are still fighting and the crowd is going nuts. Suddenly, there is two distinct flashes in the crowd, one of two yellow eyes and another of one sharply blue eye and two shadowy, caped, masked figures jump out of the stands. They land quickly and speed towards the fighting combatants. One is quite short and distinctly has wings and flies towards Shulk and Chrom while the other races towards Marth and Ike. Both pairs ready themselves as the screen suddenly cuts to black and a series of slashing sounds is heard.

Rasumii

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Rasumii
I know why Shulk is likely revealed tomorrow, due to retweets and whatnot, but did something similar happen to Chrom? Or is it just something most people want to see?

Lozjam

Smash Champion

The setting is a coliseum. Marth stands in the shadow of a gate. Suddenly the gate starts to rise, Marth takes a deep breath and steps out into the sunlight. Around him is loud cheering. This music starts playing:

Marth casually waves to the crowd as he looks suddenly tense when he hears someone shout "Great Aether." Marth narrowly dodges an attack and a sword slams into the ground, creating large dust cloud and a small fissure that branches through the ground like broken ice. Marth unsheathes his sword and turns to face his challenger. The dust creates, revealing Ike. He then raises his sword to Marth and says "you'll get no sympathy from me." Marth nods in agreement as if to say "like wise" before charging in. Ike's surprised by Marth's speed, just barely blocking his first swing. The two fight it out for a time as the crowd goes wild. Suddenly, another gate in the coliseum loudly opens and a figure steps out. Marth and Ike swords are locked and they are struggling to overcome each other. They then turn to see who came out of the gate. The camera pans up to reveal that it is Chrom and this music plays.

CHROM CHALLENGES FATE!

He lifts his sword towards Marth and Ike. They both seem annoyed by his interruption and break off. As Marth readies his sword, Chrom is already upon him. Marth is surprised by his quickness but manages to push him off. Suddenly, it's a battle royale and all three are going at it. There is a moment where both Marth and Ike are fighting Chrom and Chrom seems overwhelmed. Suddenly, a blue streak slashes across the screen, breaking the three of them apart. The music stops and suddenly a figure is standing next to Chrom. Chrom nods in thanks as the camera pans to the right to reveal Shulk.

SHULK SEIZES DESTINY!

Shulk stands in a battle stance and the others do the same. Chrom and Shulk charge towards Marth and Ike and the battle begins again. The game then zooms out of the coliseum to the reveal that it was on Bionis the entire time and this music kicks in.

Footage of Shulk and Chrom is shown along with their final smashes and a new Xenoblade stage. A small scene appears where the two versions of the Falchion, Ragnall, and the Monado cross, sending sparks and making loud clanging sounds before they break apart and the SSB4 title cards show up. The screen fades to black for a bit before going back to the coliseum scene. The four are still fighting and the crowd is going nuts. Suddenly, there is two distinct flashes in the crowd, one of two yellow eyes and another of one sharply blue eye and two shadowy, caped, masked figures jump out of the stands. They land quickly and speed towards the fighting combatants. One is quite short and distinctly has wings and flies towards Shulk and Chrom while the other races towards Marth and Ike. Both pairs ready themselves as the screen suddenly cuts to black and a series of slashing sounds is heard.
Replace You will know our names with
Xenoblade is so amazing I have to say. I can't wait to at least get its music remade in Smash 4

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352

CHROM CHALLENGES FATE!

SHULK SEIZES DESTINY!

I feel like a ****ing idiot here, but who are the shadowy figures supposed to be?

D

Deleted member

CHROM CHALLENGES FATE!

SHULK SEIZES DESTINY!

Welp that sounds damn amazing.

So we got Chrom, Meta Knight, Marth, Ike, and Shulk.

Is the "sharp blue eye" Lucina (since she wears a mask when introduced)?

That's ^ the only one I couldn't guess.

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478

Well, more like 23 hours and 42 minutes but we all can't be winners.
This very awsome and true. Add the MOON Crashing when is 5 minutes or 1 minutes left.
I had a dream within a dream last night that Shulk and Snake were revealed together, it was pretty krazy but yeah I don't see that actually happening.

At this point I'm more curious about what the Chorus Men's trailer will be like. Probably something like stylishly beating everyone up as Remix 10 plays in the background? I'm so hyped to see their introduction
CHORUS MEN JOIN THE CHOIR!
The remix 10 Remixed with all smash playable character fighting each other then the remix is repeated with chorus kids fighting the fighters. Mind BLOWN.

Jumpman84

Smash Lord
NNID
Jumpman84
3DS FC
3695-0041-5877
A refuse to Believe a gender-switching magician, a Purple space dragon, a obese and tail-less Crocodile king, a giant-headed psycho, and a boy shooting giant hands all lived in harmony.

I also refuse to Believe a pretty-boy husbando and Three White shouting boys could change it.
Don't forget that they have an army (Gematsu believers) on their side... :p

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
itll be interessting when this thread becomes full of comments of hype over the newcomer and disappointment

FallofBrawl

Smash Ace

CHROM CHALLENGES FATE!

SHULK SEIZES DESTINY!

And then right after the slashes..we hear Mewtwo laugh as a purplish-blue aura formulates within the dark...
SUPER HYPE BROS.!!!!

Xenorange

Smash Lord
The trailer starts on a mysterious island, a shadow figure can be seen moving swiftly past the screen. The screen catches up to the figure and reveals it to be Wario riding on his Motorcycle. The screen follows Wario to what appears to be the center of the island. Wario grins as he stops his Motorcycle in front of what appears to be a pyramid with a large staircase.

After Wario begins to climb the stairs the screen cuts to a silhouetted figure sitting down, snoring can be heard. The screen then cuts back to Wario as he finishes his climb up the stairs. Wario grins from ear to ear as he look at something off screen. Whatever he's grinning at appears to be giving off a greenish glow. Wario slowly creeps toward the unknown object and then grabs it.

The camera pans around to reveal a large green emerald in Wario's hands. The island then begins to shake violently. The silhouetted figure gets awoken by the sudden disturbance and looks around in confusion. Then the island starts falling, revealing that the island had been in the sky this entire time. As Wario hold onto the ground and the emerald for dear life, the previously silhouetted character starts to walk towards Wario. The camera then slowly pans up from the characters feet to his face revealing a very irritated looking Knuckles.

Knuckles proceeds to punch Wario in the face sending him flying backwards and then picks up the dropped master Emerald, restoring Angel Island back into the sky. Gameplay of both characters is then shown. After the gameplay, a scene is shown of Knuckles and Wario fighting each other. The camera slowly pans away from their fight to show the master Emerald. A box can be seen moving slowly towards the Emerald, trailer ends.

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Well

Mewtwo and shulk being revealed together could be possible

Kudos to this guy

So... I just realized I posted this on the wrong thread lol, but here's my theory on how Mewtwo/Shulk could be done.

We see an abandoned laboratory with fog around and some Mechon inside, they're destroying everything, but suddenly out pops Shulk and kills them all with the Monado. After he thinks he got em all, he sees a sleeping pod empty and wonders what could've been inside, out of nowhere he starts floating with purple aura around him and this guy pops out of the darkness.

They start to fight until Shulk breaks his armor and notices he's not a Mechon. They look at each other a while and after more Mechon arrive they proceed to beating them up together.
This mixed in with some gameplay for both of them seems believable for a 3 minute trailer, at least I think.

Shroob

Sup?
Well

Mewtwo and shulk being revealed together could be possible

Kudos to this guy
I highly, highly, doubt Mewtwo would ever wear his anime-only armor in a video-game, especially considering the current Mewtwo the Pokemon Company is focusing on never wore it. Rob has a better chance being shown with Shulk before that happening.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom