• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Character: Mii!

Alex Tcp

Smash Journeyman
Well I don't really like the idea of having your mii fight using wii sports moves, but what if they made something like a robot suit that you could put your mii into, especially since I can't imagine a mii taking on mario or bowser, but with the robot suit then u could make any one of ur miis into a fighter.

They could call it Mii Bot or something like that

tirkaro

Smash Champion
Miis may be the mascot of the Wii, but that doesn't mean they should be in every single game Nintendo comes out with for the Wii. Miis, being what they are, fill a unique niche as an all-purpose avatar. But that's what they are: avatars. If we get to the point where we're including avatars into a character roster, I think we'll be heading into dangerous territory.

Taking the side of the "mii hater", if you want to call it that, there is some logic. Smash is about playing as your favorite Nintendo characters. That's part of the draw. The rules have been stretched for guest characters, but the point is that they're still recognizable figures. One of Smash's main features is being able to play as a bunch of characters you love. To ignore all that and just end up playing as myself seems awfully boring to me.

Miis work out perfectly in games like Wii Sports because character personalities and such are not important—the fun is ALL in the gameplay. Better to play as something you can customize rather than settling for pre-made models that you don't identify with as well. For SSB, characters are a HUGE part of the package.

I don't doubt that Miis have a chance (arguably even a good chance) of being in Brawl, I just don't see the appeal. Super Smash Bros. stands out as my favorite fighting game of all time largely due to the fact that I'm playing as characters I know and love (and the gameplay helps, of course). Miis are part of a VERY small group of candidates that cannot possibly offer what all the other characters do. My point isn't to try to disprove Miis' chances or bash on them for no reason. It's just that "mii haters" have some logic behind the way they (we) feel. We're not ignorant; we're opinionated.
you perhaps just dont understand where I'm coming at. yes, miis are avatars. yes, part of the reason why smash is cool is that you play as your favorite game characters. but thats where I put emphisis on PART. see, as cool and nostalgic as these characters are, they aren't the reason for nintendo's success. nintendo has gone through many things, good and bad. but frankly, these characters would have been worthless and useless without the most important nintendo character of all: the player. its like a tree falling in the forest with nobody around to hear it. it basically makes no sound. and nintendo relized this when they came up with the mii system. essentially, it all came down to the player. and guess what? it made the wii a huge success, and has yet to fail them. I admit, at first, I was skeptial like you. but that was, until I thought deeper into the "pokemon trainer" character.

basically, back when I was a wee lad, I was a huge pokemon freak, like every other kid. I would also make little stories of me, in my imagination, as a pokemon trainer (believe it or not, I sorta had the same squirtle-charmander-bulbasaur team, but they all evolved simultaniously, as compared to the smash pokemon trainer, but its close enough) every halloween, I would cosplay as this very pokemon trainer I made myself into in my mind. I could never get scared when I was a kid as well. I knew my imaginary pokemon would tell my not to fear. anyway, in the first 2 smash games, the pokemon series was slightly misrepresented. while pokemon were playable, that was it. only pokemon were playable. I obviously had no problem with this back then of course, but I had never realized how it was misrepresented back then before trainer. one thing satoshi tajiri stated before was that in japan, pikachu himself only represented pokemon as its mascot. however, he noticed in america and other western areas, pikachu is always paired up with ash. both ash and pikachu always represented pokemon together, not one over the other. in most pokemon merchendising in the west, its always ash and pikachu. He concluded that the westerners truely understand the bond between the pokemon and its trainer. he said that westerners might understand pokemon better than the japanese do. and thats how pokemon trainer was born. he's based on what satoshi believed was the western view of pokemon. and thats what truely opened my eyes of how pokemon should have been truely represented in smash.

pokemon trainer is basically what every little kid back in the 90's wanted to be. and the best part is that pokemon trainer is generic. meaning that everyone is pokemon trainer. he is no specific character. pokemon trainer is what every little kid wanted to be, but knew couldn't actually happen. he's the amalgamation of every little pokefan back in the 90's. and thats where it hit me: by playing as pokemon trainer, I was basically playing as my childhood. every other pokefan who had nostalgic memories of pokemon was basically playing as thier childhood. pokemon trainer was basically an avatar. like miis. an avatar for people who wanted to be pokemon trainers back then. and thats part of what made pokemon successful: everything is generic. everything is flexible. every game of pokemon you play is basically your story. not everyone else's story.

now, where do miis come in? well, miis are basically a broader version of the pokemon trainer. its basically the player. but its every player, and not just a pokemon fan. its everything you want to be. thats what miis are: everything. and the appeal of miis is the same as part of the appeal of the pokemon trainer. however, miis are more realistic in a sense that they are simply normal humans. yet at the same time not, since they are pretty much everything. the player is what got nintendo this far. and nintendo realized that with the mii system. what better way to honor them by to make miis playable in the nintendo hall of fame that is smabura?

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
you perhaps just dont understand where I'm coming at. yes, miis are avatars. yes, part of the reason why smash is cool is that you play as your favorite game characters. but thats where I put emphisis on PART. see, as cool and nostalgic as these characters are, they aren't the reason for nintendo's success. nintendo has gone through many things, good and bad. but frankly, these characters would have been worthless and useless without the most important nintendo character of all: the player. its like a tree falling in the forest with nobody around to hear it. it basically makes no sound. and nintendo relized this when they came up with the mii system. essentially, it all came down to the player. and guess what? it made the wii a huge success, and has yet to fail them. I admit, at first, I was skeptial like you. but that was, until I thought deeper into the "pokemon trainer" character.
True enough, Nintendo's success isn't reliant upon it's characters, but they're a huge part of it—hence a game like SSB even existing. The idea of Miis is a good one and it's proving to be a flourishing idea in Nintendo nowadays, but I think there's a time and a place for it. SSB's stick, it's gimmick, is using Nintendo's most iconic characters. Miis don't fit that bill. Using a Mii in a game like Smash seems equivalent to using one in place of Link in LoZ, or in place if Samus in Metroid, or in place of Mario in one of his games. Avatars have uses, but only when actual, developed characters are not a better alternative. I consider Pokemon Trainer a different type of avatar for this reason, which I'll get into in a minute.

The player is important, of course, but that doesn't mean that putting him or her in the game is always a good idea. Not as far as I'm concerned anyway.

basically, back when I was a wee lad, I was a huge pokemon freak, like every other kid. I would also make little stories of me, in my imagination, as a pokemon trainer (believe it or not, I sorta had the same squirtle-charmander-bulbasaur team, but they all evolved simultaniously, as compared to the smash pokemon trainer, but its close enough) every halloween, I would cosplay as this very pokemon trainer I made myself into in my mind. I could never get scared when I was a kid as well. I knew my imaginary pokemon would tell my not to fear. anyway, in the first 2 smash games, the pokemon series was slightly misrepresented. while pokemon were playable, that was it. only pokemon were playable. I obviously had no problem with this back then of course, but I had never realized how it was misrepresented back then before trainer. one thing satoshi tajiri stated before was that in japan, pikachu himself only represented pokemon as its mascot. however, he noticed in america and other western areas, pikachu is always paired up with ash. both ash and pikachu always represented pokemon together, not one over the other. in most pokemon merchendising in the west, its always ash and pikachu. He concluded that the westerners truely understand the bond between the pokemon and its trainer. he said that westerners might understand pokemon better than the japanese do. and thats how pokemon trainer was born. he's based on what satoshi believed was the western view of pokemon. and thats what truely opened my eyes of how pokemon should have been truely represented in smash.
Pokemon Trainer is an interesting case because he's an avatar in his games, but he's been made into a full-fledged character in Brawl. In the pokemon games, you are constantly given new character models to use and the opportunity to catch and use whichever pokemon you wanted. You use the pokemon you want to use.

In Brawl, the only generic thing about him is his name. He's given one definitive moveset based on three pokemon that you are forced to control. He also, as far as we know up to this point, has one, specific aesthetic. You may not be playing a character you've grown to love to like Mario or Link, but you are playing a specific profession that you've grown to love. You play as Pokemon Trainer specifically because you want the benefits that come with that job. A job that it is iconic within the Nintendo universe.

I'm losing my words here, so I'll try to sum my point up a bit. Pokemon Trainer is an avatar because the focus needs to be on the pokemon themselves. The relationship between the trainer and the pokemon is a part of the experience, but the trainer's personality isn't what matters, so it's better to make him a blank canvas for the player. However, all the things you are able to customize about the trainer (basically, his name and his pokemon) have been taken away in Brawl. To me, this suggests that in order to represent the trainer in a way appropriate for Brawl, he needed to actually become a character rather than an avatar. He's essentially an avatar in his games, but that avatar is represented in Brawl through a character.

(I REALLY feel like I'm not explaining this properly. I apologize for all the confusing wording.)

pokemon trainer is basically what every little kid back in the 90's wanted to be. and the best part is that pokemon trainer is generic. meaning that everyone is pokemon trainer. he is no specific character. pokemon trainer is what every little kid wanted to be, but knew couldn't actually happen. he's the amalgamation of every little pokefan back in the 90's. and thats where it hit me: by playing as pokemon trainer, I was basically playing as my childhood. every other pokefan who had nostalgic memories of pokemon was basically playing as thier childhood. pokemon trainer was basically an avatar. like miis. an avatar for people who wanted to be pokemon trainers back then. and thats part of what made pokemon successful: everything is generic. everything is flexible. every game of pokemon you play is basically your story. not everyone else's story.
This, I must disagree with. There are certain features that can be customized to conform to the player, but it's none done NEARLY to the extent that Miis are. In pokemon, you can pick your name, your gender, and the pokemon you use. You still have to collect badges, you still have to fight Team Rocket/Galactic, you still have to fight the Elite Four, you're still controlling a character that has a pre-existing look. This character may be your sex, have your name, and use the pokemon you like, but he or she still looks like someone else and has his or her own goal in mind—become pokemon master. You can't decide to just become a pokemon breeder or something (the game actually makes sure of this by having the pokemon stop listening to you and making certain areas inaccessible without a certain number of badges). You can't be the pokemon trainer you want to be; you are the pokemon trainer the game wants you to be. Fortunately, most people DO want to be THAT trainer. Which is why they buy the game.

now, where do miis come in? well, miis are basically a broader version of the pokemon trainer. its basically the player. but its every player, and not just a pokemon fan. its everything you want to be. thats what miis are: everything. and the appeal of miis is the same as part of the appeal of the pokemon trainer. however, miis are more realistic in a sense that they are simply normal humans. yet at the same time not, since they are pretty much everything. the player is what got nintendo this far. and nintendo realized that with the mii system. what better way to honor them by to make miis playable in the nintendo hall of fame that is smabura?
The thing is, Miis aren't everything. There is a limit to what I can do with a Mii. Can I give a Mii a sword? Can I give it a different occupation? Can I give it it's own moves or statistics? Can I make it a creature other than human (and not just ****ty jobs of metroids and birdos that you see on the interent; those don't count)?

No. I can only change it's appearance, and even then, to an incredibly limited degree. All the mii offers is the chance to put something that looks like me in the game, not me. I know that I, personally, would not feel anymore a part of the Smash universe than I do now because I would not be able to make the mii fight like me, sound like me, taunt the way I would, etc. I'd be controlling a character that basically just has my haircut (actually, not even that, since my haircut isn't even in the hair style list for the Miis!), with none of the character devolpement and personality that all the other nintendo characters offer. Why would I want to play as something that boring? I would not feel like I'd be playing as myself. I'd feel like I'm playing a human that can't throw fireballs, can't use magic, can't do anything creative or interesting.

My only point in posting these walls of text is to prove that the people who don't support Miis aren't "stupid" or "ignorant", to use your words. I don't support Miis because they are not in any way appealing to me, the same reason I don't support all the other candidates that I don't. The only thing they claim to offer—the ability to put myself in the game—is not only something I don't want to do in this particular game, but something that I wouldn't truly be able to do even if I did want to. I'm not stupid or ignorant for feeling this way. I just play Super Smash Bros so that I can stab someone as Link or cap someone in the head as Fox, characters I admire. Inserting Miis among figures as iconic as them compromises something in the game for me. I just seem to value the theme of the game more than you do, where as you seem to value involvement with the game.

Or something.

I don't even ****ing know anymore. I'm tired.

MFZ95

Smash Journeyman
A mii is just perfect for brawl, plus my requested character list is being official ...Lucas , Dedede and Sonic! all is left is Mii ,Scorpion from MK,Ryu from street fighter and Kinnikuman, Mii has a big chance of being in brawl! why? the Miis are a new thing to a Nintendo console, plus we seen other games like Mario Party 8 and they could be enemies for Suspace Emissary! the point is who dosent want to play with themselves?(now that point is just disturbing) who dosent want to play ''AS'' themselves? we can finnaly beat the crap outta Zac Afron by Mario! or maybe hunt down George.W Bush,kill your friend?,sister?,teacher? but the thing is people are talking about is the moveset here is a perfect one? have any of you played Tekken 3?A character known as Mokujin has no own moveset but adapts other movesets,but in Mii, we can customize the moveset,or not,either random or mix-matching character moves,imagine a Mii does the mario coin thingy,wield a sword,spin a dash! breath fire!,Lets put in Mii? shall we, and for those naysayers,don't bother commenting on this! A moveset is random smash character moves and stuff,Final Smash?maybe a orignal one like from Wii Sports,or a random final smash like Quan Chi in MK4.Kirby Hat? Kirby wearing a mask of the Mii!what is there to explain,the next time we see ''Warning character approaching'' i expect Mii!

straight from my Mii thread,check it out!

Well, well, well. Custom levels. This brings some hope to this thread!
I agree that Miis should be in Brawl because all the characters that don't make it can just be a Mii! At least, that's the thought. I really don't think they would be customizable other then Ground Speed and Weight because otherwise that would be cheap.
How it would work:
The character Mii would have Height and Width (as seen on Mii channel). The Height is proportional to the speed of the character (little character, higher speed, taller character slower speed). The Width would be proportional to the weight of the Mii (obviously thin, light, fat, heavy).
I agree with the fact that the avatar for the player could be the mii character played as.
If Nintendo is really trying to one up Halo 3, this would take the cake!

ElvishSpirit

Smash Apprentice
A mii is just perfect for brawl, plus my requested character list is being official ...Lucas , Dedede and Sonic! all is left is Mii ,Scorpion from MK,Ryu from street fighter and Kinnikuman, Mii has a big chance of being in brawl! why? the Miis are a new thing to a Nintendo console, plus we seen other games like Mario Party 8 and they could be enemies for Suspace Emissary! the point is who dosent want to play with themselves?(now that point is just disturbing) who dosent want to play ''AS'' themselves? we can finnaly beat the crap outta Zac Afron by Mario! or maybe hunt down George.W Bush,kill your friend?,sister?,teacher? but the thing is people are talking about is the moveset here is a perfect one? have any of you played Tekken 3?A character known as Mokujin has no own moveset but adapts other movesets,but in Mii, we can customize the moveset,or not,either random or mix-matching character moves,imagine a Mii does the mario coin thingy,wield a sword,spin a dash! breath fire!,Lets put in Mii? shall we, and for those naysayers,don't bother commenting on this! A moveset is random smash character moves and stuff,Final Smash?maybe a orignal one like from Wii Sports,or a random final smash like Quan Chi in MK4.Kirby Hat? Kirby wearing a mask of the Mii!what is there to explain,the next time we see ''Warning character approaching'' i expect Mii!

straight from my Mii thread,check it out!

Even thou I support Miis 110%, u are REALLY starting to bug me. JUST BECAUSE SOME CHARATERS FROM YOUR ROSTER WE'RE COMFIRMED DOES NOT MEAN THE OTHER ONES ON YOUR ROSTER HAVE A BIGGER CHANCE. Did you even think about that instead of believeing Nintendo will add every charater from your roster?

SpitFire15

Smash Ace
True enough, Nintendo's success isn't reliant upon it's characters, but they're a huge part of it—hence a game like SSB even existing. The idea of Miis is a good one and it's proving to be a flourishing idea in Nintendo nowadays, but I think there's a time and a place for it. SSB's stick, it's gimmick, is using Nintendo's most iconic characters. Miis don't fit that bill. Using a Mii in a game like Smash seems equivalent to using one in place of Link in LoZ, or in place if Samus in Metroid, or in place of Mario in one of his games. Avatars have uses, but only when actual, developed characters are not a better alternative. I consider Pokemon Trainer a different type of avatar for this reason, which I'll get into in a minute.

The player is important, of course, but that doesn't mean that putting him or her in the game is always a good idea. Not as far as I'm concerned anyway.

Pokemon Trainer is an interesting case because he's an avatar in his games, but he's been made into a full-fledged character in Brawl. In the pokemon games, you are constantly given new character models to use and the opportunity to catch and use whichever pokemon you wanted. You use the pokemon you want to use.

In Brawl, the only generic thing about him is his name. He's given one definitive moveset based on three pokemon that you are forced to control. He also, as far as we know up to this point, has one, specific aesthetic. You may not be playing a character you've grown to love to like Mario or Link, but you are playing a specific profession that you've grown to love. You play as Pokemon Trainer specifically because you want the benefits that come with that job. A job that it is iconic within the Nintendo universe.

I'm losing my words here, so I'll try to sum my point up a bit. Pokemon Trainer is an avatar because the focus needs to be on the pokemon themselves. The relationship between the trainer and the pokemon is a part of the experience, but the trainer's personality isn't what matters, so it's better to make him a blank canvas for the player. However, all the things you are able to customize about the trainer (basically, his name and his pokemon) have been taken away in Brawl. To me, this suggests that in order to represent the trainer in a way appropriate for Brawl, he needed to actually become a character rather than an avatar. He's essentially an avatar in his games, but that avatar is represented in Brawl through a character.

(I REALLY feel like I'm not explaining this properly. I apologize for all the confusing wording.)

This, I must disagree with. There are certain features that can be customized to conform to the player, but it's none done NEARLY to the extent that Miis are. In pokemon, you can pick your name, your gender, and the pokemon you use. You still have to collect badges, you still have to fight Team Rocket/Galactic, you still have to fight the Elite Four, you're still controlling a character that has a pre-existing look. This character may be your sex, have your name, and use the pokemon you like, but he or she still looks like someone else and has his or her own goal in mind—become pokemon master. You can't decide to just become a pokemon breeder or something (the game actually makes sure of this by having the pokemon stop listening to you and making certain areas inaccessible without a certain number of badges). You can't be the pokemon trainer you want to be; you are the pokemon trainer the game wants you to be. Fortunately, most people DO want to be THAT trainer. Which is why they buy the game.

The thing is, Miis aren't everything. There is a limit to what I can do with a Mii. Can I give a Mii a sword? Can I give it a different occupation? Can I give it it's own moves or statistics? Can I make it a creature other than human (and not just ****ty jobs of metroids and birdos that you see on the interent; those don't count)?

No. I can only change it's appearance, and even then, to an incredibly limited degree. All the mii offers is the chance to put something that looks like me in the game, not me. I know that I, personally, would not feel anymore a part of the Smash universe than I do now because I would not be able to make the mii fight like me, sound like me, taunt the way I would, etc. I'd be controlling a character that basically just has my haircut (actually, not even that, since my haircut isn't even in the hair style list for the Miis!), with none of the character devolpement and personality that all the other nintendo characters offer. Why would I want to play as something that boring? I would not feel like I'd be playing as myself. I'd feel like I'm playing a human that can't throw fireballs, can't use magic, can't do anything creative or interesting.

My only point in posting these walls of text is to prove that the people who don't support Miis aren't "stupid" or "ignorant", to use your words. I don't support Miis because they are not in any way appealing to me, the same reason I don't support all the other candidates that I don't. The only thing they claim to offer—the ability to put myself in the game—is not only something I don't want to do in this particular game, but something that I wouldn't truly be able to do even if I did want to. I'm not stupid or ignorant for feeling this way. I just play Super Smash Bros so that I can stab someone as Link or cap someone in the head as Fox, characters I admire. Inserting Miis among figures as iconic as them compromises something in the game for me. I just seem to value the theme of the game more than you do, where as you seem to value involvement with the game.

Or something.

I don't even ****ing know anymore. I'm tired.
Nothing Rhymes with Circus wins the Internet.

MAtgSy

Smash Ace
How does a wall of text win? All that he said was "Miis aren't Nintendo characters" which, from a strictly technical standpoint, is not true as they're still Nintendo copyrighted material.

While I do like Nothing Rhymes With Circus review (a very well put together one at that) a few items I have slight disagreements with:

1: I feel Pokemon Trainer is a character, not a generic job, because it looks exactly like Red and represents the person playing that pokemon game. So I can see how you wrap it into a profession, but I always have thought as the character as myself in that game. It sounds nerdy as anything you'll find, but that is how I thought of it.
2:There have been an insane amount of arguments for an Animal Crossing human as well. The fact that there are arguments tells me that they want... a human? Something that generic to me doesn't deserve to be in a game, but still fans want it.
3:Even though the Miis are generic also, I think a combat moveset could be fitting. Although generic, I could see some very sadistic people make a Chuck Norris Mii and have it beat up a level 1 CPU that looks just like their friend/enemy. I may do that if it's in.
-end rant-
Circus, I do like what you wrote, a lot at that, but to me there are enough generic characters that people like to play as. If that is true, then I think it follows a Mii could be well liked by others too, and I did read that you did recognize them. I would like a Mii in brawl, but other then those three points I agree with you completely.

EPX2

Smash Ace
How does a wall of text win? All that he said was "Miis aren't Nintendo characters" which, from a strictly technical standpoint, is not true as they're still Nintendo copyrighted material.
You completely missed the entire point of his post... wow.

Hyperjerk

Smash Rookie
I'd say the Miis would have the copied abilities of a chosen Character... Maybe you can unlock a feature to mask a character as a Mii?

THEY MUST ADD MIIS INTO BRAWL! IT WILL MULTIPLY THE SALES AS PEOPLE WILL LOVE TO BE ABLE TO USE MIIS TO BEAT UP EACHOTHER! I KNOW NOBODY FROM NINTENDO/HAL ARE LISTENING BUT I THOUGHT I'D TRY... I mean... They said Sonic and that wierd new assist trophy got in by fan's wanting them.... where do they read that stuff!?

DJ Napps

Smash Journeyman
Well, well, well. Custom levels. This brings some hope to this thread!
I agree that Miis should be in Brawl because all the characters that don't make it can just be a Mii! At least, that's the thought. I really don't think they would be customizable other then Ground Speed and Weight because otherwise that would be cheap.
How it would work:
The character Mii would have Height and Width (as seen on Mii channel). The Height is proportional to the speed of the character (little character, higher speed, taller character slower speed). The Width would be proportional to the weight of the Mii (obviously thin, light, fat, heavy).
I agree with the fact that the avatar for the player could be the mii character played as.
If Nintendo is really trying to one up Halo 3, this would take the cake!
Agreed. Plus it would give Nintendo another opportunity to wh*re Miis.

~Miis 4 Brawl!~

If Miis were in, this is how they should be done:

B = Tank! (takes out a tank and fires pellets forward at a rapid pace)
Smash B = Trumpet (shoots out a sound wave of sorts)
Up B = Tennis (jumps higher and spikes a tennis ball)
Down B = Hula hoop (pulls out a hula hoop and spins it)
Final Smash: Mii Parade

And in doing it this way, all four of their games get representation.

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
New Moveset!

Stats
Speed-Maybe a little slower or about Marios speed
Weight-They'd be light, maybe about Sonic's weight

Moveset
Throws
Z-(Grab)-The Mii will pull out a Wiimote and your opponent will appear paralyzed(like Ness's psychic throw)
Z, A-The Mii will punch the opponent with a boxing glove
Z, >-The Mii will jab the wiimote in a forward motion and your opponent will fly forward
Z, <-The Mii will swing the wiimote in the opposite direction and the opponent will fly backward
Z, v-The Mii will swing the Wiimote in a downward motion and the opponent will bounce off the ground upon impact
Z, ^-The Mii will jab the Wiimote towards the air in a Link-like fashion sending the opponent towards the sky

Optional: The Mii Hand could be used for throws but the Mii will still use the Wiimote in the actions.
Normal Attacks (Ground)
A,A,A-The Mii will do a normal punch combo with the boxing gloves
>A-A simple punch to the face with boxing gloves
vA-A simple kick
/\A-An uppercut with the boxing gloves
Dash A-A powerful jumping punch

Normal Attacks (Air)
A-The Mii hand will appear and do a punch
>A-The Mii will hit the opponent with huge tennis paddle
vA-The Mii hand will smash the opponent down.
^A-The Mii hand will use a powerful uppercut directly above the Mii

Smash Attacks
>A-The Mii will take a Wii Balance Board and smack the opponent right in the face
vA- The Mii will use a golf club to hit the opponent
^A-The Mii will do a quick combo followed with an uppercut like in Wii Sports

Special Moves
B-The Mii will use the Wii Zapper to shoot the opponent
^B-The Mii will be grabbed by the Mii hand and shake like in the Mii Channel, the Mii will be able to move freely in the sky for a period of time and anyone coming in contact with the Mii will it's shaking will receive damage
>B-The Mii will use a Tank and Blast the opponent(chargeable)
vB-The Mii will roll a bowling ball(the speed will affect the knockback and the speed is random, similar to the G&W Hammer)

Final Smash
Mii Parade-self explanatory

Stryks

Smash Hero
I think all miis should have balanced stats, just like mario...

and also his entrance?

either hes dragged and placed on the battlefield by the handcursor

or

there are already miis in the stage, and the hand lifts the one u choosed, meaning that he'll battle, and the others run away...

1. Like I said, I think that each move should be based on their four main games.

2. Mii's entrance should be a Wii finger carrying it.

Kiki52

Smash Journeyman
I really hope that Miis are playable characters in Smash Brawl. That would be very good because then many people who don't typically like playing video games like Smash Brawl like girlfriends, parents, and grandparents would enjoy Brawl and playing it with you a lot more if they can play as themselves against you while you use Link or Sonic or whoever. It could really make the game more appealing to the common man, so even your grandma or your girlfriend who never likes to even touch a controller can play if she thinks it is fun.

My only suggestion I hope that gets in is that I hope the Mii's height and fatness come into play in Smash Brawl if they are going to be playable characters.

If I make a mii of a really tall and thin woman, she should have greater range with her melee attacks because her legs and arms are longer as well as doing a 'slight' more damage/push back than a shorter character. Her being thin maximizes her speed, but she is light meaning she can easily be pushed off the edge like Pichachu.

If I make a short and fat man for a Mii, the short height should translate to greater attack speed (meaning time to get to hit the target within range, as well as 'refire' rate of attacks). The shorter, the faster the Mii's attacks but it lacks the range and does less damage. The fatness should slow down the man in general too so he can't run as fast or recover as well, but he should be harder to move like Bowser.

I really hope they take into consideration height and fatness so as to diversify the Miis.

However, they shouldn't make the Miis too powerful. Their advantage is that they should be easy to use for a person whose never touched a Wii or Gamecube controller in their life before.
However, the disadvantage of the Miis is that they should be weaker characters in general than most of the vanilla Brawl characters. Like a master Ike player or master Sonic player would be very deadly to even a seasoned Mii player because Miis should be weaker than their vanilla Brawl characters.

Yes, and I do think it should be an option to ban them from games.

jay~B

Smash Journeyman
U make a good arguement and i get ur point but it just doesn't feel right and i also thought that every character had to some how appear in SSE, if this is true then where will the mii come in? Don't get me wrong this mii 4 brawl thread is a good idea but u know what i mean

SonicMario

Smash Master
Maybe they don't have to be. Have no role what so ever in it. Maybe either the only character with no role in it. Or just keep them in a special mode. Called "Mii Brawl".

And I honestly believe that all Miis would have the same weight no matter what. It's just easier to program then the changing ones. Have them all balenced, like Mario was in Melee & 64. With maybe less strength then Mario.

AmericanGTS

Smash Apprentice
Miis have a lot going for them. Mii channel music is confirmed, Mii wifi icons confirmed, counsel stages confirmed, Miis are appearing in more titles and stage builder could be viewed as support I guess.. Miis for Brawl!

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Miis have certainly become popular lately. Specially in spinoff titles and the Wii franchise titles.

Your moveset sounds good and is pretty original. Maybe I could open up to having a Mii after all. I kinda picture it as the FINAL unlockable character.

Just imagine... Sakurai's Mii challenges you to the final duel. O_O No... better yet...

An event match...

"Master Hand, Crazy Hand and Mii (Sakurai) challenge you" You beat this event, and unlock the Mii option. :p

El_Duderino

Smash Apprentice
If Miis make it in, I will be forced to create a Ghandi Mii solely so I can program one of my taunts to be "No more Mr. Passive-Resistance."

Kiki52

Smash Journeyman
I am sorta concerned if someone makes a Jesus mii or a Hitler mii, that could offend some Christians and Jews. That wouldn't be good. I did see on a website a picture of a Muhammad mii, and that is very offensive to Muslims. I think it'd be good for online Miis which I hope can be playable characters, if you can see what the opponents Mii is and if you don't like it, you can opt to ban Miis from your particular online game. Like if you try to find a random person to play with online, you can choose the option that you only want to find someone who only is also willing to not use Miis if you don't want them online. However, if you can handle potentially offensive Miis then you can also check the option to find a person who allows the use of Miis, so you can fight like a Sonic versus Mii or Mii versus Mii.

SpitFire15

Smash Ace
U make a good arguement and i get ur point but it just doesn't feel right and i also thought that every character had to some how appear in SSE, if this is true then where will the mii come in? Don't get me wrong this mii 4 brawl thread is a good idea but u know what i mean
The Miis won't come in at all, because they won't be playable.

Simple solution, no?

MAtgSy

Smash Ace
Well, there are male and female Miis. What would be their voice?
They simply won't have any.

The Miis won't come in at all, because they won't be playable.
The way I see it, if they're not playable then they would be NPCs in SSE, the citizens of the world that the heroes protect.

Patinator

Smash Champion
I am sorta concerned if someone makes a Jesus mii or a Hitler mii, that could offend some Christians and Jews. That wouldn't be good. I did see on a website a picture of a Muhammad mii, and that is very offensive to Muslims. I think it'd be good for online Miis which I hope can be playable characters, if you can see what the opponents Mii is and if you don't like it, you can opt to ban Miis from your particular online game. Like if you try to find a random person to play with online, you can choose the option that you only want to find someone who only is also willing to not use Miis if you don't want them online. However, if you can handle potentially offensive Miis then you can also check the option to find a person who allows the use of Miis, so you can fight like a Sonic versus Mii or Mii versus Mii.
This guy brings up a good point, although I see the idea of people getting upset/being offended by VIDEO GAMES silly. Seriously, I don't think something meant for children who can be just old enough to play a game is harmful (I speak of all the stupid Pokemon controversy.). I doubt someone would even LOOK at Pokemon in that way!

But Miis ARE different. You can tell what a Mii looks like. So this guy brings up a good solution too. It's like Mario Party 8 in a way; you can use your Miis for minigames, or not.

raul

Smash Lord
I def support Miis in brawl. I could see them as wireframe and polygon replacements and I could see them as Assist Trophies as well. But I think it would be awesome as a PC. Using all the wii sports moves as attacks would be very creative and even stuff from wii play could be incorporated. Miis have a world of potential.

I do like the argument about the Miis who look like offensive character. Perhaps they could just generic miis made by Sakurai and co so that way when you played online no one would offended.

Top Bottom