• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Character: Mii!

killbeast301

Smash Lord
I REALLY don't want playable Mii's in Brawl...

..But to the people that want Mii's to replace Wireframe...

You really think with all the creative (Arguably) new enemies Sakurai is introducing, he'd replace one of the most commonly fought enemies in the game (The wire-fream/ Polygon Team) with something so stereotypical, generic, and uncreative???

Smashville is an Animal Crossing Stage...Hell no to Mii's in it.
How are mii's generic? They're a character of customizable appearance that is stored on your console and sometimes your wiimote if you want and can be integrated into any Wii game that supports this function. I do not recall this ever happening before. If you can supply evedince of this being done multiple times in the past, I will accept that they are not unique.
I an sick and tired of people calling miis "generic." What? there's too many of them on your console, and now each individual one is unimportant? That's stupid. Remember, all miis put together take up only 1 spot.

shipoffools

Smash Journeyman
they would be really basic, but also alot of fun and would just add another element to brawl. im all for it

Stryks

Smash Hero
some believe cause the miis appear in he screenshot of the wi-fi where all the icons are, I miself dont understand either, obviously some people want to use their miis on internet so they placed the miis there, that's it...

seriously until sakurai reveals the entire roster we cant assume which character is leaving...

SonicMario

Smash Master
If Miis aren't part of the actual Roster. Why can't have a different Seperate mode that you play with Miis? (Sort of like Mario Party 8) Where there is 2 options:

1. ONLY Miis are playable
Where you can't have Miis against Mario, Snake, or Pikachu. Only Mii VS. Mii, Mii VS. Mii VS. Mii, Mii VS. Mii. VS. Mii VS. Mii, Miis VS. Miis, Miis VS. Mii. You can only battle with them in this mode. So no Jack Bauar VS. Snake, No Mel Gibson VS. Ike, No Eddie Murphy VS. Pokemon Trainer. But one drawback is that ther is no Online available for this mode.

2. Both Roster & Miis avaliable
This can happen, but to provide less space on the disk. They should not be able to have 3-4 players. Only 2 players at a time, and limited items. And once again, No Online for this mode.

I think Option 1 would make me more happy then if we can't get them on the normal roster.

vonfinell

Smash Apprentice
Although I didn't really like Wii Sports (It was free so I didn't complain) I thought that the Mii mechanic was a really interesting idea. It isn't a "create a Character" mode, it's taking the Wii franchise and giving it a rep. You can input your own Mii, but in the end it's just the face.

Mii for Brawl!

SonicMario

Smash Master
True. But we don't even know if Miis will be playable roster. Quoted is my own idea on how Mii's could be handled. If both options don't occur. Then they are only Wi-Fi Avatars.

If Miis aren't part of the actual Roster. Why can't you have a different Seperate mode that you play with Miis? (Sort of like Mario Party 8) Where there is 2 options:

1. ONLY Miis are playable (Seperate Mode, Limited Items (No FS), No online)
Where you can't have Miis against Mario, Snake, or Pikachu. Only Mii VS. Mii, Mii VS. Mii VS. Mii, Mii VS. Mii. VS. Mii VS. Mii, Miis VS. Miis, Miis VS. Mii. You can only battle with them in this mode. So no Jack Bauar VS. Snake, No Mel Gibson VS. Ike, No Eddie Murphy VS. Pokemon Trainer. But one drawback is that ther is no Online available for this mode.

2. Both Roster & Miis avaliable (Mii in Roster, But still seperate. Limited Items (No FS), No online)
This can happen, but to provide less space on the disk. They should not be able to have 3-4 players. Only 2 players at a time, and limited items. And once again, No Online for this mode.

piffman2

Smash Apprentice
Mii's Please

The online avatar thing doesn't deconfirm mii's If anything it's good that Sakurai is using Mii's in some way. Now that Sonic is in, Mii's more than any other character would make the game for me

piffman2

Smash Apprentice
I'm almost positive Mii will be a playable.

But deep down inside I want an expansive Create-A-Character
That would be awesome but Mii's would be easier to do, and more recognizable to the casuals, Nintendo's new best friends

ElvishSpirit

Smash Apprentice
well..............to revive this thread - Monday's update shown a DS icon, and somebody (Sorry I dont know who, someone from Nintendo) said a Mii game for the DS in is progress.....................connection?

Discuss

gregthepirate

Smash Apprentice
well..............to revive this thread - Monday's update shown a DS icon, and somebody (Sorry I dont know who, someone from Nintendo) said a Mii game for the DS in is progress.....................connection?

Discuss

I think what you heard was actually the fact that Mii's were originally designed with the DS in mind. It was meant for ds. I can't believe there hasn't been a million posts on this thread since the new icon was revealed. It screamed Mii to me...

SpitFire15

Smash Ace
Nah, i think that Miis rule, and would make Wi-fi a lot more fun.
There's nothing fun about going online just to find out your opponent is some poorly designed "Chuck Norris" Mii doing generic jabs. What's the point of an all-star dream roster when every tool is just going to create a poorly designed avatar of themselves with generic moves?

Stryks

Smash Hero
Thin is Mii is like the mascot of the wii, and have been used in almost every 1st party title on the wii that has come out, including 3rd party games, so WHAT if ur facing a crappy chuck norris? The miis may ve generic but each one is unique in its own way, the miis are being incorportaed in some form, I highly doubt as the new wireframes since the Primid seems to have taken that spot...

anyway I think mii will use the DS icon, think about it, WHY WOULD the pictochat stage have mii plaza music?

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
^ Or they could have the AC symbol, since the AC Humans are basically deconfirmed (not really, but I doubt them=Miis are upgrades of them). Maybe the DS symbol is Mr.g&W=he got a new one?

Plus add in the fact in Mario and Sonic at the Olympics you can pit yourself as a Miis against characters like Mario, Sonic, Luigi, Tails, Peach, Knuckles, Bowser, Dr. Eggman, Waluigi, Shadow, etc. So why not in Brawl=???

Still....they would only have ONE MOVESET, ONE HEIGHT, ONE WIEGHT, and multiple looks. No moveset, stat, weight, or hitbox changes, just crazy funky awsome looks.

Who's ready to pwn Lucas as Mr. T=??? "Eat my fist, FOO!" :laugh:

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Mii's are "upgrades" of Animal Crossing humans? Man, where does it say that?

I like the look of Animal Crossing humans a lot better than the look of Mii's. :ohwell:

SpitFire15

Smash Ace
Thin is Mii is like the mascot of the wii, and have been used in almost every 1st party title on the wii that has come out, including 3rd party games, so WHAT if ur facing a crappy chuck norris?
They have nothing to do with the concept of Smash Bros. SSB is not Soul Calibur; it is not Smackdown. There is no reason for a create-a-character when it's about beloved characters designed by Nintendo beat the crap out of each other for our enjoyment. Miis are not characters designed by Nintendo; they're just customizable avatars to play on Wii Sports/Wii Fit. If Miis somehow became playable (God forbid), then every tool who has the game will be only playing as crappy looking avatars of themselves online.

The miis may ve generic but each one is unique in its own way, the miis are being incorportaed in some form, I highly doubt as the new wireframes since the Primid seems to have taken that spot...
You just contradicted yourself, dude. How can something be generic and unique at the same time?

All Miis are the same, just tacked on with different faces and builds. None of them stand out from each other. In fact, that's why you always refer to a Mii, instead of saying the Mii.

anyway I think mii will use the DS icon, think about it, WHY WOULD the pictochat stage have mii plaza music?
Mach Rider and Balloon Fighter both had their theme songs in Melee, yet they weren't playable characters.

(Sorry if I sound rude, but the whole idea being accepted by everyone irritates me and I need to speak my mind).

Neo-X

Smash Journeyman
They have nothing to do with the concept of Smash Bros. SSB is not Soul Calibur; it is not Smackdown. There is no reason for a create-a-character when it's about beloved characters designed by Nintendo beat the crap out of each other for our enjoyment. Miis are not characters designed by Nintendo; they're just customizable avatars to play on Wii Sports/Wii Fit. If Miis somehow became playable (God forbid), then every tool who has the game will be only playing as crappy looking avatars of themselves online.

You just contradicted yourself, dude. How can something be generic and unique at the same time?

All Miis are the same, just tacked on with different faces and builds. None of them stand out from each other. In fact, that's why you always refer to a Mii, instead of saying the Mii.

Mach Rider and Balloon Fighter both had their theme songs in Melee, yet they weren't playable characters.

(Sorry if I sound rude, but the whole idea being accepted by everyone irritates me and I need to speak my mind).
QFT man. QFT.

Stryks

Smash Hero
1.- They have nothing to do with the concept of Smash Bros. SSB is not Soul Calibur; it is not Smackdown. There is no reason for a create-a-character when it's about beloved characters designed by Nintendo beat the crap out of each other for our enjoyment. Miis are not characters designed by Nintendo; they're just customizable avatars to play on Wii Sports/Wii Fit. If Miis somehow became playable (God forbid), then every tool who has the game will be only playing as crappy looking avatars of themselves online.

2.- You just contradicted yourself, dude. How can something be generic and unique at the same time?

3.- All Miis are the same, just tacked on with different faces and builds. None of them stand out from each other. In fact, that's why you always refer to a Mii, instead of saying the Mii.

4.- Mach Rider and Balloon Fighter both had their theme songs in Melee, yet they weren't playable characters.
1.- Mii aint designed by nintendo, theire designed by the nintendo fans, what better way to make the fans drea fighter than by adding a character created by themselves in brawl?

2.- The human race is generic, theire are millions of humans on this planet, but each and everyone is unique in their own way, no replace human race with mii, and there u go...

3.- so? how exactly does pikahcu stand out? a big yellot mouse? woopeedoo, i mean I know what u mean, but think about it having miis will be adding urself in the SE (probably) how SICK wil lit be being along side mario link and other kicking evil ass?

4.- Dead-line FTL

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Confict with Stryks & Spitfire soon, I sense.
Yeah. But it'll be the same conflict that keeps cropping up in this thread (since it's the only thing to argue about).

"Miis are cool because you can put yourself or loved ones in Brawl!"

"Part of Smash's charm is the dream roster of characters to pick from. I think Miis defeat the purpose!"

"But customization is always a good thing. You can't go wrong with a create-a-character option."

"You can when the create-a-character is ****tier than all the other characters."

"BUT YOU CAN BE CHUCK NORRIS!"

"I HATE CHUCK NORRIS; HE SLAUGHTERED MY FAMILY!"

Pretty much how it always goes.

tirkaro

Smash Champion
see, problem is, most anti-mii people never give real reasons why miis wont get in, just that they are "too generic" or "too customizable" which are all reasons THEY dont like miis. however, miis are pretty much the mascots of the wii, and are very important modern nintendo figures. they pretty much represent the player, which is part of the wii's purpose: putting emphisis on the player. normally, when most anti-mii people say why miis suck, they only focus on the hardcores/n00bs who make ZOMG CHUCK NORRIS AND BATMAN MIIZ! while it is partially true, its not the mii's true purpose. its simply meant to bring the player one step closer to the action, and to bring your family members closer together, via the wii. miis are part of the wii's success, and mean far too much to the wii as to not include them the hall-of-fame for nintendo characters that is smabura. not putting them in because of the reasons why mii haters say so defeats the purpose of the uniqueness and success of the wii. thats why I find mii hate to be, no offense, quite stupid and ignorant.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
see, problem is, most anti-mii people never give real reasons why miis wont get in, just that they are "too generic" or "too customizable" which are all reasons THEY dont like miis. however, miis are pretty much the mascots of the wii, and are very important modern nintendo figures. they pretty much represent the player, which is part of the wii's purpose: putting emphisis on the player. normally, when most anti-mii people say why miis suck, they only focus on the hardcores/n00bs who make ZOMG CHUCK NORRIS AND BATMAN MIIZ! while it is partially true, its not the mii's true purpose. its simply meant to bring the player one step closer to the action, and to bring your family members closer together, via the wii. miis are part of the wii's success, and mean far too much to the wii as to not include them the hall-of-fame for nintendo characters that is smabura. not putting them in because of the reasons why mii haters say so defeats the purpose of the uniqueness and success of the wii. thats why I find mii hate to be, no offense, quite stupid and ignorant.
Miis may be the mascot of the Wii, but that doesn't mean they should be in every single game Nintendo comes out with for the Wii. Miis, being what they are, fill a unique niche as an all-purpose avatar. But that's what they are: avatars. If we get to the point where we're including avatars into a character roster, I think we'll be heading into dangerous territory.

Taking the side of the "mii hater", if you want to call it that, there is some logic. Smash is about playing as your favorite Nintendo characters. That's part of the draw. The rules have been stretched for guest characters, but the point is that they're still recognizable figures. One of Smash's main features is being able to play as a bunch of characters you love. To ignore all that and just end up playing as myself seems awfully boring to me.

Miis work out perfectly in games like Wii Sports because character personalities and such are not important—the fun is ALL in the gameplay. Better to play as something you can customize rather than settling for pre-made models that you don't identify with as well. For SSB, characters are a HUGE part of the package.

I don't doubt that Miis have a chance (arguably even a good chance) of being in Brawl, I just don't see the appeal. Super Smash Bros. stands out as my favorite fighting game of all time largely due to the fact that I'm playing as characters I know and love (and the gameplay helps, of course). Miis are part of a VERY small group of candidates that cannot possibly offer what all the other characters do. My point isn't to try to disprove Miis' chances or bash on them for no reason. It's just that "mii haters" have some logic behind the way they (we) feel. We're not ignorant; we're opinionated.

Top Bottom