• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Character: Mii!

Shuma

Smash Hero
I like this guy. He pretty much summed it all up. Except the main reason against them is that they are not Nintendo characters

Ganondorf isn't exactly "cute".

Stryks

Smash Hero
Guys seriously, MIIs ARE IN CORRUPTION, how do MIIs fit in METROID? case closed, they can be in smash even tough theyre cartoony...

and all miis should have the same stats, height, etc. cause other wise people will modify their miis in th most broken way possible...

Vali

Smash Ace
Hey, Stryks

However what we're talking about is a major part of the gameplay, an entire character. It'd be like including the Mii in the Metroid Prime gameplay. If that is the case, then I'll certainly back Mii's for Brawl but only because I'm 100% certain that is not how they're implemented. All previous arguments still stand, including the hardcore one.
I was wrong how the were actually in the game, but what I said is still true.

Stryks

Smash Hero
True u make good points, but some guy rants saying miis are cartoony, adn thus wouldnt fit, and then news comes out saying Miis are in MP3 so that proves the guys fails (the guy wouldnt be snadman would it? tha twould make SO much sense...)

But look nintendo is using miis in almost every 1st part title they have made, even MP3 (mp3 is 2nd party but u get the idea) so chances are they may well be in the game...

Vali

Smash Ace
True u make good points, but some guy rants saying miis are cartoony, adn thus wouldnt fit, and then news comes out saying Miis are in MP3 so that proves the guys fails (the guy wouldnt be snadman would it? tha twould make SO much sense...)

But look nintendo is using miis in almost every 1st part title they have made, even MP3 (mp3 is 2nd party but u get the idea) so chances are they may well be in the game...
True that the cartoony argument is a very very weak one. Nintendo is all about the cartoony style. The Mii appearance is an incredibly minor cameo though and it isn't anything like compared to including one as a playable character in Brawl.

I wouldn't mind a Mii in the background or possibly some sort of Mii themed stage, but Mii's as a playable character? I'd rather not, thank you.

Armagopalypse

Smash Journeyman
Don't you dare start flaming me now, because I'm just stating my passing opinion...

Personally, I think Miis are just too perfect of an idea NOT to get into Brawl. It would add a great personal element to the game. They tried doing this with names, so you could record all your stats and such but this is taking a step toward personalizing Smash Bros. towards you. If Nintendo wants to take another step in this direction, they'd put in Miis. If not, they won't put in Miis.

Wreked

Smash Lord
Just thought i'd let you guys know this if you already haven't. This is how Mii's are in Metroid Prime 3. I watched the video review for MP and at around 10:00 it shows a little bobble head mii on the cockpit for samus's ship. So I don't think mii's have major role but hey there in there.
Guys seriously, MIIs ARE IN CORRUPTION, how do MIIs fit in METROID? case closed, they can be in smash even tough theyre cartoony...

and all miis should have the same stats, height, etc. cause other wise people will modify their miis in th most broken way possible...
Just watch vids on MP3 to see mii's twice I think.

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
Posted along with other such great suggestions as Tingle, Waluigi and Slippy. Heh.

Really though, it doesn't say what role they played and since there is an achievements system which pretty much requires you trading certain achievements with friends to unlock certain secrets I would've been very surprised if they weren't included for that alone. However what we're talking about is a major part of the gameplay, an entire character, rather than just as a trading avatar. It'd be like including the Mii in the Metroid Prime gameplay. If that is the case, then I'll certainly back Mii's for Brawl but only because I'm 100% certain that is not how they're implemented. All previous arguments still stand, including the hardcore one.

Trust you Wiseguy to take something completely out of context and getting people's hopes up *glances over at PT watching from the sidelines*.
Guess you were right, Vali. In Prime 3 (minor, minor spoilers):
the Mii is an unlockable bobble-head doll for Samus' ship, thus ruining my dream of an entire planet populated by Miis. Still, Samus can poke the bobblehead while in her ship. That counts as major gameplay, right? RIGHT?!?!?! Oh, forget it.

Mii for Brawl!

Vali

Smash Ace
Great. Prime 3 is still 2 months away from being released in Europe and I already have the game's biggest surprise ruined for me. Thanks Wiseguy. *sulks away*

I guess that does kinda count as gameplay >.> In a kinda really really really minor way. ^^ Still was actually more wrong than I was right, since I thought that they wouldn't actually appear IN the game as such, but oh well. Retro are bunch of jokers anyway (read the Metroid Dread speculation yet?) so a bobblehead Mii is suprising but not completely unexpected if you get what I mean.

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
Great. Prime 3 is still 2 months away from being released in Europe and I already have the game's biggest surprise ruined for me. Thanks Wiseguy. *sulks away*

I guess that does kinda count as gameplay >.> In a kinda really really really minor way. ^^ Still was actually more wrong than I was right, since I thought that they wouldn't actually appear IN the game as such, but oh well. Retro are bunch of jokers anyway (read the Metroid Dread speculation yet?) so a bobblehead Mii is suprising but not completely unexpected if you get what I mean.
I'm sorry Vali, but I did mark it as a spoiler and began the sentence with "In Prime 3..." I didn't see it as too spoiler-ific since it's not part of the main quest, but I appologze for ruining the surprise. :(

Vali

Smash Ace
I'm sorry Vali, but I did mark it as a spoiler and began the sentence with "In Prime 3..." I didn't see it as too spoiler-ific since it's not part of the main quest, but I appologze for ruining the surprise. :(
The spoiler blackness, minor minor spoilers bit before and the indication of "In Prime 3" obviously weren't enough. I don't think I even want to buy the game now. The fact that I'd read it earlier anyway doesn't matter!

Being serious for a second here, aren't european release dates a joke? Super Paper Mario still won't be out here for another half a month when it was released in April 9th/19th for US/Japan and the delay on MP3, while 2 months instead of like 6, is still beyond all realms of logic. What is it about Europe and Australia that causes games to be released so late over here? If I hadn't of imported Elite Beat Agents I would only have been able to get my hands on it a month ago because it slipped from a March 2nd release date to July 19th (or something like that) and there's no difference between a US and EU DS game. Is NOE the illegitimate ******** ginger cousin of Nintendo or something!? (No offence to any illegitimate ******** gingers out there, I'm not saying that you're not wanted or respected or loved by your entire family tree.)

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
The spoiler blackness, minor minor spoilers bit before and the indication of "In Prime 3" obviously weren't enough. I don't think I even want to buy the game now. The fact that I'd read it earlier anyway doesn't matter!

Being serious for a second here, aren't european release dates a joke? Super Paper Mario still won't be out here for another half a month when it was released in April 9th/19th for US/Japan and the delay on MP3, while 2 months instead of like 6, is still beyond all realms of logic. What is it about Europe and Australia that causes games to be released so late over here? If I hadn't of imported Elite Beat Agents I would only have been able to get my hands on it a month ago because it slipped from a March 2nd release date to July 19th (or something like that) and there's no difference between a US and EU DS game. Is NOE the illegitimate ******** ginger cousin of Nintendo or something!? (No offence to any illegitimate ******** gingers out there, I'm not saying that you're not wanted or respected or loved by your entire family tree.)
What about us poor North Americans? We had to wait, like, three whole months for Mario Strikers Charged! Just becuase no one here buys soccer games is a poor excuse.

I'm kidding, of course. I feel genuinely bad for you guys in Europe. They could at least get games in the English speaking regions at the same time as NA, one would think.

Wreked

Smash Lord
Hey, instead of a mii from your Wii that gets in, how about It's just Mii-amoto? Does that solve you nay-sayers' issue of there not being a singular Mii?
Well that could be kirby's hat but that would ruin the mii's uniqueness. One of the reasons that I want mii's in is to beat up my sister and sanjaya(yes I did make a mii for him) with my grandma and me. Who doesn't want to do that. So Mii-amoto hat, yes. Mii-amoto the only mii design, no.

killbeast301

Smash Lord
Yes that's probably the best thing about Miis, but the problem a lot of people on these forums have is that there is no one singular mii. I would like a Mii even if it's not cusomized, because I like their moveset potential, and miis in general. Though I would prefer to be able to beat up George Bush with Chuck Norris.

Wreked

Smash Lord
Yes that's probably the best thing about Miis, but the problem a lot of people on these forums have is that there is no one singular mii. I would like a Mii even if it's not cusomized, because I like their moveset potential, and miis in general. Though I would prefer to be able to beat up George Bush with Chuck Norris.
Wow I can already see all the youtube videos of Mii fights. I'm sure they'll be a whole thread about mii fights. But yeah I can see what you're talking about the people complaining about what about kirby hats, what if whatever. And yes they most definitely have moveset potential.

MFZ95

Smash Journeyman
I think miis are in brawl,we hope the dojo says something about more use of miis

Stryks

Smash Hero
So what if theyre icons? so are the other characters, since miis dont have a specific face putting the mii faces of the miis u have created makes sense, if u want an actual icon that looks kinda like urself instead of squirtle or something...

Kooichi

Smash Journeyman
I support Miis for Brawl! It'd be so awesome, you'd get to either fight as yourself, or beat someone you hate :D Or both!

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
...Unless Sakurai slipped and/or Mii's are announced tonight, their chances of making it into Brawl after yesterday's update, assuming those are Mii's like people say, have just been decreased dramatically

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
*Sigh* This is a sad day for Mii fans.

Notice how all the playable characters have a neat little box aroound their avitar? Notice how the Miis don't? That says to me that they are not playable.

I'm pretty bummed. Miis would be a perfect playable character.

Aphotik

Smash Apprentice
Miis would be awesome as a playable character. They could have wiimotes for their weapons.

down + b: wiimote nunchuck swipe: Mii swings the wiimote under him (the wiimote is attached to the nunchuck) and the cord trips anyone nearby

side + b: jump rope: this one sounds kind of stupid but w/e. Your Mii jumpropes with the nunchuck and wiimote's cord and hits anyone in its way.

a attack: your Mii uses the wiimote and nunchuck attachment as actual nunchucks by swinging them like, well, nunchucks.

b attack: You're Mii throws the wiimote like a ninja star and it sticks to anything it hits and either explodes or sends an electric current through the enemy.

Meh, just a thought. I like thinking every now and then.

Stryks

Smash Hero
*Sigh* This is a sad day for Mii fans.

Notice how all the playable characters have a neat little box aroound their avitar? Notice how the Miis don't? That says to me that they are not playable.

I'm pretty bummed. Miis would be a perfect playable character.
Wiseguy... cmon dud ei expect more from you, this doesnt mean anything, that little line doesnt mean they are officially out, I mean it could mean so, but its just too small of a detail to consider IMO...

seeing how miis dont have a predetermined face, they put all the miis that are on your wii, thats it, just in case u wanted ur mii as an avatar...

besides im sure he put the line thingy because the character icons have bg, and not putting the line would seemed like someone put the avatars in paint or something...

Nnnk

Smash Rookie
Honestly I bet they will get in somehow, but a doubt as a character. Maybe as a replacement for the fighting wire frames, or as an AT.

dodoromeo

Smash Apprentice
Hmm I think that Mii would be more suited to replacing the wire-frame chars for brawl, than a whole new character in itself.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I REALLY don't want playable Mii's in Brawl...

..But to the people that want Mii's to replace Wireframe...

You really think with all the creative (Arguably) new enemies Sakurai is introducing, he'd replace one of the most commonly fought enemies in the game (The wire-fream/ Polygon Team) with something so stereotypical, generic, and uncreative???

The Miis most likely wont be playable characters but,they my be in the backrounds of some stages.(Most likely Smashville.)
Smashville is an Animal Crossing Stage...Hell no to Mii's in it.

MFZ95

Smash Journeyman
Miis being avatars dosent deconfirm them,What if they were characters too?

Top Bottom