• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(New)ChallengerApproaching! Roy!(Moved to LSTForums, Decloned RoyV1 is out)

Thany

Smash Journeyman
3. CSE 2.1 [link] adds a whole bunch of BRSTMs that you can use instead of replacing music.
It only works with Riivolution right now, but Dantartion's probably gonna fix that.

Coooooooool :3
Looks confusing to me, plus we'll need to .brstm-ify Roy's sound effects.

4. Did you start out with the Brawl+ TXT file, then add the codes to that? The code manager is for converting TXT files to GCT
codes, essentially.
So...Does that mean I just have to throw codes into the .TXT file, then run it through Code Manager somehow?
I can't really recall what I did the first time. I think I loaded something into it, and tried to add codes from there.

There is no need. Port Roy over Ike, and then port Ike, using the generic .REL over top of some other character.
Right now I have, on my system Roy over Ike, and then Ike over Wolf. I can have an Ike Vs. Roy Vs. Marth match
by having selecting Wolf, Ike and Marth, respectively, on my Character screen.
Yay! Goodbye G&W or R.O.B. or...Someone! :D
Wait...What becomes of their sound effects by doing this? I know that Roy would have to feed off of whatever Marth's sounds
are at the moment/go off of BRSTMs for his sounds, but Ike over Wolf...He'd keep his "Fighting for his friends voice",
and not asking if you're scared...Right?

EDIT: Actually, know what? Here are the instructions on how to patch the Marth .REL.
At the Address 0x3, put the .REL Id of the character you're going over
At the Address 0x14E8B, put the .REL Id of the character you're going over
At the Address 0x16E, put the character Id of the character you're going over
At the Address 0x237, put the character Id of the character you're going over
At the Address 0x18AF, put the character Id of the character you're going over
At the Address 0xA507, put the character Id of the character you're going over
At the Address 0xA56F, put the character Id of the character you're going over
At the Address 0xA5CB, put the character Id of the character you're going over
*brain breaks* *confusion sets in* >_o??? I was...Never good with numbers ._.'
Well it looks like I will be doing my SFX hacks over again. Jaklub had made updates to the Sawndz 0.51 to 0.62 which supports longer sounds. more info here:

http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=22464.0

This is good since I can now fix up Roy with no sfx worries and L'Arc Bright Lagoon.
Yay! But I have a question...Given how there are people, myself being a good example, who want both Marth and Roy,
do you think you could .BRSTM-ify Roy's sound clips?
Er...If you know how to do that, I mean (I sure don't ^_^' )

You need help with the PSA and animations?

I can help.

For instance, I just changed the counter damage constant multiplier to 1.5.
THANK YOU!!!! As animators are going to play a big part in this. PSA edits too :3c

If the animation involves moving Roy via the X/YRotN, I just can't ever make it work ;_;
(Why can't the TopN just nice and work? *sigh* ) I can move his arms and stuff, just not moving him up/down.

My lopsided counter stance is a good example...Plus I made that before I learned about keyframes, hence the choppy-ness of it ._.'

Also, you said you changed the Counter's...Thingy to 1.5? Can I haz link, plz? <:3 8

Also,FitMotion update. New Wait animation by TehSqueeMistro :3

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089

Thany

Smash Journeyman
That's a pretty nice start for recreating his Melee Wait animation :3

Also...Um...Sometime awhile back I think it was Magus who fixed an issue with the mid-air
counter not flashing colours during Roy's invincibility frames, and I accidentally misplaced it...

I found it just now, and I was wondering if you could combine the orange-y flashing he does with
counter mid-air in this link

http://www.mediafire.com/?xrhd16aks3wlcd6

With the one you fixed the counter constant for?

I'm sorry, I'm really scatter-brained ;_;

Thany

Smash Journeyman
Erm...It's...Uhh...

Well, not bad for a first attempt. The movement seems a little alien to me.
The left arm in particular. Seems to be leaning over a bit far in the direction he faces near the
beginning as well.

Thany

Smash Journeyman
Air dodge?
*looks a few posts up*
Oh. That's his Aerial counter (AKA, SpecialAirLw)

Magus fixed it a little while back so using Down B in mid-air would make him shine during the
invincibility frames(like how he does on the ground), and I guess I misplaced it as the current .pac doesn't have Roy glowing orange (or any colour) during said frames of Down B ;_;

Unless this is something different you've come across...But I didn't fiddle with the Air dodge, so I'm not certain what it could be ._.???

(The link I supplied was the one with the orange glow for SpecialAirlLw)

Magus420

Smash Master
http://www.mediafire.com/?x7v8mdox15xpqxq
There. All I did was change the counter constant like I said.
I already did that back on the first page a few posts before the 1st time you brought it up.

http://www.mediafire.com/?z8j94spsbv2a61w

Was going to just hex edit in the angle on up-b, but noticed it didn't work properly at all with the way the momentum was altered during on the move, then I did some other stuff while I was at it.

-Up-B: Angled goes 40 degrees instead instead of 20. Redid it entirely so it works much better. Uses conditional add momentums scaled off of current momentum instead of setting momentum repeatedly which was kind of weird looking. Removed reversibility flag from action 114 and added turn around coding into the subaction itself so the turnaround happens after the first hit to allow hitting with reverse blazer. Changed the first hit to be like the first hit in melee. Changed angle of inbetween hits to 365 so they are sent in the same direction Roy is going even when angled.

-Down-B: Fixed Goto pointer on air version's GFX so they work. Changed the special's floats so that the return attack's minimum damage is 1 and multiplier is 1.5x the countered hit's damage (brawl Marth's is 8 min and 1.1x).

Thany

Smash Journeyman
Mmm...Outdated.pac...Oopsie ^_^'

Also, I tried the one from the OP, the Air dodge works for me. I'll try the other one post-meal.
*goes for food*

Ryo242

Smash Ace
<___< Is the first post being updated as to what we currently have in there as released (add-ons and edits are "in between" state, ne? So those aren't released yet..)

And I do remember Magus changing that.. so I guess the newer pac did not go up with the fix... As for Air Dodge vanishing.. o.o I really don't know, but it might have been affected by the Aerial Down-B.

Heavy testing will follow once I get home from college... and eat..

Thany

Smash Journeyman
Actually, I know what went wrong.

I have a few "FitMarth.pac"s on my desktop, and when I went to give it the bright, vibrant, pretty red slashes...
...I accidentally uploaded an older .pac file ^_^'

No worries, though. I found the correct one, and added in redder slashes to it this time.
I'll upload it to the OP in a minute or two.

EDIT:
Not sure what's happening with your air dodge woes, Mr.Eternal. I tested it in-game just now, and Roy was Air dodging correctly for me...

EDIT AGAIN:
Proper .pac uploaded to OP. Sorry for any inconveniences ^_^'''

Eternal Yoshi

NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089

I found it just now, and I was wondering if you could combine the orange-y flashing he does with
counter mid-air in this link

http://www.mediafire.com/?xrhd16aks3wlcd6

With the one you fixed the counter constant for?

I'm sorry, I'm really scatter-brained ;_;
This build in this quote does not seem to be able to air-dodge....

But the one in the OP as of now can AD.

Ryo242

Smash Ace
Okay so I've gone and tested out the current Roy build and found some oddities to report..

1: None of the Roy.pcs look any good with the Fit and Fitmotionetc pacs.. =-= I honestly don't know why, but the back of his neck is all garbled and the sword sticks out in various ways upon his attacks. Also, since the build has not yet included his sword range, the strokes are always about a few inches from the tip of his sword.. it doesn't affect gameplay, but it really doesn't look professional at all. With all other pcs (mainly ones with Marth's length swords), it looks a lot better.

2: Weird hit box. So I'm coming back to the edge against a level 3 COM Roy who is hanging on the edge. I go under him and start Blazering as he gets up off the edge by attacking (he's under 100% so he does the quick get up attack), which somehow hits me when I'm under FD and not near the edge at all, spikes me up into the stage which KOs me. O.o I'm just a little confused about which hit box was hit, me doing Blazer having some phantom be able to get hit thing, or his getting up having a ridiculously larger box than normal..

3: Counter is OP as all hell. I turned on four computers and watched them duke it out, looking for weird things and I saw that Counter resulted in about all the deaths. It hits ridiculously hard and at a downward angle that only encourages KOs.. I'm not exactly sure how to fix this, but it seems like it's doing better than it's Melee version of knockback as compared to the original move that was Countered. With Brawl physics, it just really stands out more. (Probably because the stages are smaller when compared to the characters, unlike in Melee where the characters were smaller.. =-= Look at Corneria or Temple in both and you'll see what I'm talking about)

Thany

Smash Journeyman
1: None of the Roy.pcs look any good with the Fit and Fitmotionetc pacs.. =-= I honestly don't know why, but the back of his neck is all garbled and the sword sticks out in various ways upon his attacks. Also, since the build has not yet included his sword range, the strokes are always about a few inches from the tip of his sword.. it doesn't affect gameplay, but it really doesn't look professional at all. With all other pcs (mainly ones with Marth's length swords), it looks a lot better.
I don't really have much know-how about the other two issues you've reported, but for this one could you grab a pic to show the issue?

I tried the Roy on the BrawlVault that has a size mod, and that made his attacks screw up alot. B-Airs
going the wrong way, slanted F-Smash, and for some reason, Ike was flying HORIZONTALLY with Aether, KO'ing himself ._.' (Didn't experience that issue until I tried the Size mod Roy. Didn't put on any other new hacks at that point.)

It also said "Giygas Destination Medley" instead of one of the default song names over Final Destination...Not sure what happened there.

Which files were you using? I use the .pac and fitmotion from the opening page, as well
as TehSqueeMistro's recolours without any oddities.

EDIT:
Were you using Roy over Marth, or Roy over Ike? That might've had a hand in it...

Ryo242

Smash Ace
Wow, I can't believe I stalled the thread this long.. =-=; Not intentionally, but not everyone should be waiting on my response...

Right, so first things first. I am using both the pacs (FitMotion and regular) found on the first page, and I thought I was using the latest version of Roy's pcs [So outdated as of a few days though..], which was the one imported from Melee. So it has the ideal Sword of Seals size etc..

But since Marth has a shorter sword than he did in Melee... =.=;

I'm planning on using TehSqueeMistro's recolors right now to test. I am also not using him over Ike, because then I wouldn't be able to use Ragna later. :3

Alright, so this is what I'm seeing:

Thany. Do a Forward Smash. [I have on TehSquee's right now, red one] Pause the screen when the slash is still present. There's a good 1/6th of the blade not even being used by the slash.

Same with Flare Blade.

And Down Smash... And Neutral Air... Do you see where I'm going with this? That 1/6th range needs to come back (Like they have in the Project M of Marth)

TehSqueeMistro

Smash Apprentice
Actually, that 1/6 of his blade will still be unused even with project m marth's PSA and animations

The reason why you're having this problem is that BeyondYou created Roy using his melee model as direct reference for the vertex, and the proportion between Roy and the sword was like that in Melee.

Thany

Smash Journeyman
Hrm. I take it there's no way to make the sword trail stretch over the whole of Roy's sword, is there?
Or maybe move it up slightly? I see the trail starting at the golden, jem-encrusted part of the hilt when it could start higher up, closer to the base of the blade.

If fixable, yay! If not, then I guess that's that I'm afraid ._.'

Also,

I KNOW HOW TO ANIMATE BETTER NOW! I finally learned about using the X, Y and Z translation thingies in the bottom right corner of BBox's preview thing!
(AKA resolving that floating issue that has plagued me for so long! *kicks XrotN, YrotN, and TopN nodes* )

Which means I can make the animations better and not have to get someone else to fix them!
Huzzah! *is in the midst of redoing the Wait animation*

Also...

I honestly don't know why, but the back of his neck is all garbled and the sword sticks out in various ways upon his attacks.
Garbled back of the neck? Hwah? Probably just how his model's neck twists when turned left or right.(It's normal. You can twist model parts around until they look
like a twisted towel.Go even further, and they wrap around and go back to normal :3)Plus, Given how Roy's hair isn't long in the back like Marth's, just making it be a texture,
like both his and Ike's "sideburns"(not really sure what that part of the hair is called) suffices, as the long part in the back of Marth's hair was used for Roy's more gravity defying hairs.

Not sure about the sword...

Eternal Yoshi

NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Hrm. I take it there's no way to make the sword trail stretch over the whole of Roy's sword, is there?
Or maybe move it up slightly? I see the trail starting at the golden, jem-encrusted part of the hilt when it could start higher up, closer to the base of the blade.

If fixable, yay! If not, then I guess that's that I'm afraid ._.'
That can be fixed. I think it's a matter of increasing the glow length.... or was it the blur length?

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
Thany, just some basic tips for doing rotation and scaling; don't ever ever ever touch TopN. For whatever reason, TopN don't seem to be loaded in game, they seem to transfer to the next bone in line which IIRC is XRotN or YRotN. So just modify XRotN or YRotN.

Ryo242

Smash Ace
Will the actual hit box be there as well? It seems just highly inefficient to have the "most powerful part of any swung sword" (based on a Physics standpoint) to not be used..

Thany

Smash Journeyman
That can be fixed. I think it's a matter of increasing the glow length.... or was it the blur length?
For the trails(despite my not knowing of this) would prolly be blur length.
The glow, I assume, is sword glow...Which is something we also need to re-shape to match the blade of the
Sword of Seals.

Eternal Yoshi

NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
I figured out what it was. The Z offset of the second trail bone. Stay tuned and I will put out an updated.pac that has the sword glows matching up to the length of the Sword of Seals.

OK. Here's what I changed:

Fsmash angle now 25 instead of 6E, slightly increased KBG
Removed all model changer commands due to freezing with the more recent Sheath-less models
Sword now visible during dodge, guard, swimming, and ladder animations
Sword glow now matches up to Sword of Seals Length

http://www.mediafire.com/?54y5s92bak14b41

Thany

Smash Journeyman
Tried this out the other day. Glad to see Roy blocking with his sword, and not his wrist :3
*will update OP's in a moment*

Although the trail(When using RoyV3) doesn't exactly go to the very tip of the sword, it's still pretty close though.

Love how the tip has KO potential and doesn't weakly send them up <3

Also, is there anyway to make the blade of the sword be visible for Win2? When it is put away for Marth's
victory animation, the blade itself is gone, too ;_; (And when I say gone, I mean it's not even there in the BrawlBox preview...)

Also...When he applauds for a tie/losing a match the sword is in his hand ^_^' Entertaining, but...
Hrm. Well, I had an idea how to fix that the last night, but it would require edits to BY's RoyV3.

For the current sheathe-less model, the "sheathed" sword and the regular sword would need to be made invisible again.
Doing so would also interfere with the other sheathed variants of RoyV3, though...So instead, mayhaps we can have the
sheathed sword be polygon deleted?

Back-Sheathe RoyV3(When available) could have the "sheathed" sword hilt moved to match up with the sheathe. Hopefully
BY will put it there for Back-sheathe RoyV3 ^_^
Otherwise... ._.'

Side-sheathe RoyV3(Patience, grasshopper~) Same as above I'm afraid. If it's made invisible via PSA for that animation
(referred to in-game as "Lose") then the sheathed variants will be lacking a sword in the sheathe.

Hope that made sense. My brain hurts from re-reading all this sheathe stuff. The word "sheathe" has lost all meaning to me now >_o'

Eternal Yoshi

NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
If the sword is not even visible in the BB preview then that means that it's the animation's fault.
I'll fix that later.

Silly scaling trick....

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
I'd like to see sword trails fixed as well. Not sure what is causing the issue - does this different vertex mess with the sword length, or something?

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Pretty sure the sword-length problem was due to animations, not actual vertex stuff. That's how Project M restored Marth's range back to Melee... And I don't think Roy's sword is longer than Marth's in Melee?

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
If they are, it's within 5% of the same size. I'm looking at their hitboxes from these two threads and they're basically identical.

Compare:

Thany

Smash Journeyman
Interesting...

Also, Mr.Eternal? You told me before that the faces used can actually be set to different animations by fiddling with the FitMotion file...
Can you tell me how to do it? I'd be quite good at knowing which face should go where.

And...I've almost got the Melee Wait animation done, but it's a little fast in-game, so could someone tell me what I need to edit in PSA
to speed up/slow down that animation?This is...Like...Seriously, attempt 4, 5 or 6 at his Wait animation. I'm picky ^_^'

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Add some frames in the middle of the animation, and hope your keyframes aren't goofy.

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
Yeah, Than, keyframes are real @$$es. :p

But seriously though, your Roy rocks. He almost feels like the real deal. Keep up the great work, I follow your project closely. :)

Thany

Smash Journeyman
Add some frames in the middle of the animation, and hope your keyframes aren't goofy.
;_;
I guess I'll do that...But isn't there some sort of PSA thing that we can edit to change the speed of the wait animation? Key frames are evil...(That's a slight snag that's stopped me for now in recreating one of his Melee victory poses)

Eternal Yoshi

NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Frame Speed Modifier can do it, but we should be wary of the file size.
In other news, I managed to keep the sword scaled correctly in Win1, but I feel that it should be one of Roy's victory Poses.

You know, the one where he put his Sword away his style.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14BwvS4zcsE&feature=related
The one at the end of the Match.

Edit: Here's the motion file with a new Win2 Added
http://www.mediafire.com/?kd8ybpdarwz9asd

and here's the moveset file that should have the glow at the tip of the sword.
http://www.mediafire.com/?92m9jrpbsmtlk3q

Top Bottom