• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(New)ChallengerApproaching! Roy!(Moved to LSTForums, Decloned RoyV1 is out)

Cuban Legend

Smash Apprentice
The ones included work with 2.1 (and all other Brawl hacks), as far as I know.

I literally just made the Jigglypuff file today and don't have any other 2.5 compatible ones made. If I can find some time (or if I'm not beaten to it), I'll make a Pit .rel for you.
Oh I see, cool! So basically, the OP didn't update his custom .rels for the characters that had new .rels in 2.5/2.5b? Well Thanks for stepping up, and figuring this out, bro!

I'll await that Pit.rel :D

Cuban Legend

Smash Apprentice
PM 2.5b Marth over Pit

And because it looked like it was wanted: PM 2.5b Marth over Dedede

I didn't test them, but they should work.
Thanks! But now when I load a level with pit the game freezes after select the level. With the old .rel It would load the level and crash after the countdown. Any help?

EDIT: Well I discovered a new problem, I had the old .rel in the folder but then I replaced it with your .rel (i backed up my originals) but now the game has the BEEEEP freeze right when I Select Pit from the character select screen.... Any help?

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
Thanks! But now when I load a level with pit the game freezes after select the level. With the old .rel It would load the level and crash after the countdown. Any help?

EDIT: Well I discovered a new problem, I had the old .rel in the folder but then I replaced it with your .rel (i backed up my originals) but now the game has the BEEEEP freeze right when I Select Pit from the character select screen.... Any help?
I'm pretty sure I either:

A. put in the wrong ID somewhere
or
B. Forgot to patch something.

I'm looking through the file right now, so I should have something for you within the next 30 minutes 2 minutes.

EDIT #1: LOL. It was right in the first line I forgot too. Fix in a sec.

EDIT #2: Fixed Pit and Dedede below:
Dedede
Pit

I also fixed the old Download links too.

Cuban Legend

Smash Apprentice
I'm pretty sure I either:

A. put in the wrong ID somewhere
or
B. Forgot to patch something.

I'm looking through the file right now, so I should have something for you within the next 30 minutes.

EDIT #1: LOL. It was right in the first line I forgot too. Fix in a sec.

EDIT #2: Fixed Pit and Dedede below:
Dedede
Pit
wow I saw you post update in real time! Neato! Testing the Pit .rel now...

Also, a quick question what does your CSS screen look like to replace roy over dedede or Jigglypuff? Just curious.

EDIT1: Still the same BEEEP Freeze right when I select Pit in the CSS. I tried playing with Ike, Mewtwo and Marth(with teh compatible Roy_compatible Marth.pac) and all was fine. The instant I select Pit it freezes. :(

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
<_<...My CSS screen is normally ALWAYS in development, but it currently looks like this
Link

I'm really surprised at myself for missing the patch where I did though. It was literally glaring at me the whole time.

Cuban Legend

Smash Apprentice
<_<...My CSS screen is normally ALWAYS in development, but it currently looks like this
Link

I'm really surprised at myself for missing the patch where I did though. It was literally glaring at me the whole time.
Oh thats nice, Nice custom Roy sprite. I just wish I could get rid of the character select icon names... I tried every trick I could find in these and KK:MM forums.

EDIT: Thanks for fixing that patch, but still the same BEEEP Freeze right when I select Pit in the CSS. I tried playing with Ike, Mewtwo and Marth(with teh compatible Roy_compatible Marth.pac) and all was fine. The instant I select Pit it freezes. :(

Cuban Legend

Smash Apprentice
Pit
This one should work. I patched something I shouldn't have patched.

Gonna fix all the links and update Dedede's too.
Dedede
Huzzah! IT works! Oh man I'm so hyped right now. You're the bomb, bromango!

PS.IF you ever get a chance to release your custom CSS with the better angles on the Pixel Battle Portraits or how to remove the character names, please let me know.

Edit1: I finally figured out how to remove the character select icon names! :D

Galaga

Smash 3 Dev Team
3DS FC
4940-6585-2366
Very impressive work just looking at the demo video, loved playing Roy in Melee and can't wait to try him out in Brawl. I'm looking for a little help getting this into the game how I want though. Basically what I'm looking to do is add the "Roy over Yoshi" files to Project M v2.5b and add Roy to the CSS.

I figure since Yoshi isn't in P:M 2.5b yet I wouldn't really be replacing any P:M characters. My problem is that since Yoshi isn't in P:M, he has no icon on the CSS. I'm looking to somehow add Roy to the CSS (preferably to the right of Sonic, right below Ike). I don't know if this is difficult to do (This is my 1st post on Smashboards, I'm new to the whole SSBB modding scene), but any help with this would be appreciated.

In the mean time, I'll try out Roy over ROB. :awesome: Thanks again for all your hard work Thany!

Thany

Smash Journeyman
Whoa. I thought this place would be a lot more dead than it is.

Anyway, I don't mean to dig up this mostly dead topic, but I need to announce two things.

1. I'm moving my thread to LST Forums, it can be found here:
http://lsteam.proboards.com/index.cgi?action=display&board=general&thread=452&page=1

2. I've released the first build of my de-cloned Roy. It's on the vault:
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=31424&Moderated=All&facebook=true

3. I've also made some minor touchups to my model, things like a better rigged cape and shine textures.
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=27921

I probably won't be keeping up with this topic anymore, unless something happens to LST Forums, but for now I'm going to be there.

BBye.

Top Bottom