• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Brawl AT *Moon Dash*

Melomaniacal

Smash Champion
You mean like all of the useless **** he has already "Discovered?"

Whoa I can walk up to someone turn around then walk at them again with a boost!!!

Please.
Dude, you're clearly not getting it... here, let me explain:

Moon dash!

Now do you get it?

saviorslegacy

My avater is not a Sheik avatar.
looks like you're just asking to trip in front of your opponent lol
looks useful for fox i guess

but is it as effective for any other character? ;
If you all really want my opinion on when to use this then here it is:

A fake out landing or a landing with more forward momentum (it allows you to close the gap between you and your foe)
Please tell me Oli's fsmash cancels any slides. Pleeeeeeeeease tell me Snakes ftilt does the same
I hope so.
Those moves don't need anymore range. O-o
☠
Tell me, how good is average? A.K.A Kirby
☠

●▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬๑۩۩๑▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬●
Sheik= average and that is good enough for me
Any move that forces movement (eg. MK's Dtilt moves you forward a bit) will stop the slide most probably.
This might be legit.
IDK though
hmmmmm...i can't seem to do it D: *waits for video showing how oli does it to come out*
It took me about 3 weeks to figure it out.
Learn how to do Samurai Pandas pivot boost thing and that should help.
Any actual useful things you can do with this?
spacing and maybe combos
It is movement while you are standing. There are applications.
^^besides spacing, which is the most important thing in fighting games? I'm sure if there are, saviorlegacy will find them ^___^
maybe.....
You mean like all of the useless **** he has already "Discovered?"

Whoa I can walk up to someone turn around then walk at them again with a boost!!!

Please.
I had a curve with footstools for a while and I have always had a bad temper.
me finding pretty much useless things + people getting mad + me having a temper= deserved hate in my direction

Now I try harder to hold my tongue and to explore things that aren't understood. I also try and apply things that I see in one place to another place.
Well, I also see if you can do something and then find a way to do it.
Pfft, this is barely useful for spacing.
*not true
Wave dash WAS barely useful for spacing for like 3 years last time I checked.

Melee spacing= wave dash and a hint of Moon Walk for CF
Brawl spacing= Boost Walk, pivot boost, small pivot, Craqwalk, Moon Dash, duck dashing and shield dashing
Also a hint of character specific things like DR and WOI canceling.

Now if only someone would master all of Brawls spacing options and apply them.
Owell, if no one beats me to it I will try.
Dude, you're clearly not getting it... here, let me explain:

Moon dash!

Now do you get it?
Moon= gray unless it is time to bring in your harvest

highfive

Smash Lord
Well, I guess if you want to piss off your opponent with erratic movement then moon dashing is the way to go.

Skyshroud

Smash Ace
I love how all of the people prematurely dismissing this as "useless" are brawl pros with a clear mastery of the metagame, and have obviously tried to implement this in their games.

Oh wait...

saviorslegacy

I love how all of the people prematurely dismissing this as "useless" are brawl pros with a clear mastery of the metagame, and have obviously tried to implement this in their games.

Oh wait...
YES! I LIKE THIS DUDE!
*friend list

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre

Oh wait...
Yeah and I love how you are totally safe from Ike's fsmash when you perform a moon dash.

Oh wait...

I could see some uses to this if it gave some backwards momentum but right now I fail to see why I would use that instead of, you know, walking forward.

Skyshroud

Smash Ace
Yeah and I love how you are totally safe from Ike's fsmash when you perform a moon dash.

Oh wait...

I could see some uses to this if it gave some backwards momentum but right now I fail to see why I would use that instead of, you know, walking forward.
Wavedashing didn't suddenly make you safe from any attack in the game either. It's another movement option in a game that sorely needs more useful ones. Adding range onto characters moves or simply tricking them by making it look like you're doing something could be helpful.

Note that I didn't say it was amazing or the best thing that ever happened. I just tried to point out that it should be given a chance and actually attempted by people who know what they are doing before you determine just how useful it is or isn't.

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Pfft, what I see here is just what Skyshroud says: lots of 'pros who have tried to implement this into their game as much as possible', and not a single 'Super Theoryfighter Bros' player.

Theory is good and all... But keep this mindset up and you'll never find anything useful. Who's to know if we can moonwalk backwards if we play around with it for a bit?

Edit: Same things were said with the whole "pivot walking" discovery, so I can see why people would jump on that bandwagon all of a sudden... But instead of being ungrateful with the things that savior's trying to discover, you should keep an eye out for an AT that might seem useful to YOU, and not bash him for everything he does. If he quits all his research because all of you were being *******s to him, and the next AT he discoveres he decides NOT to share with SWF and it turns out to be some universal technique that we'll HAVE to implement in our games to keep up, it will be you guys's fault we won't get it.

saviorslegacy

Oh wait...

It can give backwards momentum. You see, the tech is all about stalling for a second, charging momentum and then releasing it to slide.
Do you keep momentum when shielding?
Good question, I'm at the college and cannot test BUT seeing as how you can slide with a shield normally in both SSBM and SSBB I would say the answer is yes.
Wavedashing didn't suddenly make you safe from any attack in the game either. It's another movement option in a game that sorely needs more useful ones. Adding range onto characters moves or simply tricking them by making it look like you're doing something could be helpful.

Note that I didn't say it was amazing or the best thing that ever happened. I just tried to point out that it should be given a chance and actually attempted by people who know what they are doing before you determine just how useful it is or isn't.
^this
Pfft, what I see here is just what Skyshroud says: lots of 'pros who have tried to implement this into their game as much as possible', and not a single 'Super Theoryfighter Bros' player.

Theory is good and all... But keep this mindset up and you'll never find anything useful. Who's to know if we can moonwalk backwards if we play around with it for a bit?

Edit: Same things were said with the whole "pivot walking" discovery, so I can see why people would jump on that bandwagon all of a sudden... But instead of being ungrateful with the things that savior's trying to discover, you should keep an eye out for an AT that might seem useful to YOU, and not bash him for everything he does. If he quits all his research because all of you were being *******s to him, and the next AT he discoveres he decides NOT to share with SWF and it turns out to be some universal technique that we'll HAVE to implement in our games to keep up, it will be you guys's fault we won't get it.
lol, I'm not greedy enough not to tell... I just wont tell you guys (j/k)

And just for the record, this AT made an evolution last night.
If you perform Moon Dash and then use Snakes jab you will slide farther than usual.
Take that you scrubs. -_- Now tell me that this isn't useful.

*deletes message cause he is afraid of Ally seeing this*

saviorslegacy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCA5hTvZIYM

Yeah this is completely useless (/sarcasm)

Check out 2:36.
Be patient through the video. I know the quality sucks and I don't do much at the beginning, but you'll get over it.
**** you Tommy (j/k).
I have seen that video before (when we first started testing) but I never noticed the Falco sliding at the beginning. I always forwarded it to the end. Owell, at least no one new about this AT and now they do.

Anyways, this needs to be researched a lot more. <,<
Looks like the momentum stretch's some things and some attacks add more movement so you slide farther.

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
**** you Tommy (j/k).
I have seen that video before (when we first started testing) but I never noticed the Falco sliding at the beginning. I always forwarded it to the end. Owell, at least no one new about this AT and now they do.

Anyways, this needs to be researched a lot more. <,<
Looks like the momentum stretch's some things and some attacks add more movement so you slide farther.
I wasn't trying to take credit for it. I was only helping :)

What's really useful about this is that:
You can insta-pivotgrab out of it
You can jump out of it and going in any direction without anything slowing down aerial movement
You can Side and Up B out of it
You can tap the control stick the same direction a second time and run away without the sticky walk if you do it right
You can slide with a pivot with ANY attack that doesn't stop momentum or with a grab.

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
0:52-1:00 or so in the video I posted. I haven't tested it out with anyone really, but yes, you can slide with a standing grab depending on if the grab make you stop your momentum or not. I don't think there are any characters that have grabs stop momentum.

saviorslegacy

I wasn't trying to take credit for it. I was only helping :)

What's really useful about this is that:
You can insta-pivotgrab out of it
You can jump out of it and going in any direction without anything slowing down aerial movement
You can Side and Up B out of it
You can tap the control stick the same direction a second time and run away without the sticky walk if you do it right
You can slide with a pivot with ANY attack that doesn't stop momentum or with a grab.
I know lol
but now a bunch of people can and will post *old news scrub* -_- .......

Wait, I just had an idea.
Wait, you can make a standing grab slide?
Well.. yes and no.
The very instant that the walk is inputted you can sticky walk. The distance will look like you are standing but in reality you barely move forward.
Watch my *tech skill vid* and you'll see me doing that.

superyoshi888

Smash Lord
WOW GREAT FIND

...not really though
Yeah, like you are finding anything.

Yo saviors, it's probably nothing, but I have this replay where my Falcon was sliding backwards during an Upsmash. Why was that? It's been a few days since I watched it, so I'm not sure what exactly happened, but I'll go check it out again if it interests you(which I doubt, but eh...).

As for this, well its interesting. I'm gonna look at the list to see who I can apply it to. It might help my game a little.

saviorslegacy

Yeah, like you are finding anything.

Yo saviors, it's probably nothing, but I have this replay where my Falcon was sliding backwards during an Upsmash. Why was that? It's been a few days since I watched it, so I'm not sure what exactly happened, but I'll go check it out again if it interests you(which I doubt, but eh...).

As for this, well its interesting. I'm gonna look at the list to see who I can apply it to. It might help my game a little.
I am interested.
Is there anyway you can upload it/send it to me?
I like this simply for the fact that you named it -"*MOON DASH*"-.
lol, Moon Walk= already taken
So I just combined Moon Walking and Wave Dashing.

superyoshi888

Smash Lord
Yeah. I'll go look at it in like, a few minutes. I'm waiting for a download to finish right now.

EDIT: PMed.

saviorslegacy

In case anyone was curious it had to deal with Angel Rings hidden wind box.

Thank you for sending me the file though dude. Every little bit helps.

Palpi

Smash Hero
So I just combined Moon Walking and Wave Dashing.
So you took something completely useless and something amazingly useful and created something completely useless? Good jorb.

Yo Savior, just stop.

You will never master all of the "spacing AT's" (LOL) and if by some chance you actually did, it wouldn't be useful for 2 reasons. They all suck, and you don't go to tournaments.

Melomaniacal

Smash Champion
Savior, question of curiosity:

Have you ever actually put any of these 'ATs' to good use in an actual match? I mean, not against CPUs, and not against random scrub friends.

Oh, and I lol'd hard at "Wanna see some tech skill?"

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
So you took something completely useless and something amazingly useful and created something completely useless? Good jorb.

Yo Savior, just stop.

You will never master all of the "spacing AT's" (LOL) and if by some chance you actually did, it wouldn't be useful for 2 reasons. They all suck, and you don't go to tournaments.
Lol jorb, good job scrub.
Nice having over 2000 posts and still have no one know who you are.

So does everyone else when the see that same phrase and its related to Brawl. I laugh at how simplistic the stuff silent wolf in Melee does because I see a lot better and more useful technical when I play Smash 64.

saviorslegacy

Savior, question of curiosity:

Have you ever actually put any of these 'ATs' to good use in an actual match? I mean, not against CPUs, and not against random scrub friends.

Yes I have.
I have used the Boost Walk in a match many times.

I haven't used this yet though.
I gave up on footstools.
(and) I don't Chain Camp as much as I would like to.

*OP updated*

Yo Savior, just stop.

it is useful and if you want something that is game breaking then you find it.
I'll continue my research on momentum if that's okay with you.

@Tommy
I <3 SSB
I bought a N64 just for it (and the other 80 good games for the system)
"Did they even make a crappy N64 game?"

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
This ISN'T common Knowledge?
I've known this for months now, if I can figure this **** out then why did it take the rest of you so long to figure it out?
._.

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
This ISN'T common Knowledge?
I've known this for months now, if I can figure this **** out then why did it take the rest of you so long to figure it out?
._.
but now a bunch of people can and will post *old news scrub* -_- .......
Predicted.

Yes I have.
@Tommy
I <3 SSB
I bought a N64 just for it (and the other 80 good games for the system)
"Did they even make a crappy N64 game?"
I don't think its possible to make a crappy N64 game. Even games like Waverace were amazing.

....then again superman on the 64 was....

I've been playing this fanmade remake of super metroid. It's kinda hard.

PFANT

Smash Cadet
"It´s so old.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6jdz...layer_embedded"

as savior pointed out that just is just a pivot boost. in this tech your getting that boost out of dashing away first not just simply pivoting. Thanks for linking my vid btw, i would have made it better though if i knew you were gonna do that :p

edit: sorry i don't know how to qoute lol

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
i swear, the smash community is so lazy nowadays, everyone bashes all new ATs now a days because everyone wants instantly easy ATs they can do without trying, try it before you bash it, some character get some really good ways to make moves that normally are punishable not too punishable because of the slide

Rayku

Smash Lord

Oh wait...
Yeah dude.

I mean, how many pros d'you see posting in this thread? Not too many.

How many pros d'you see implementing any of these "AT's" into their gameplay? None that I've seen.

In essence, I'm just basically saying that the pros of Brawl know that the game is no deeper than it already is, and these "techs" are essentially useless. The most advanced technique in Brawl to ever be discovered is planking.

Brawl is hilarious. But, it's good to have hope :)

BBQ°

Smash Champion
huzzah! brawl has been saved. maybe people will start taking this game seriously now. saviorslegacy is truly a savior.

Melomaniacal

Smash Champion
So does everyone else when the see that same phrase and its related to Brawl. I laugh at how simplistic the stuff silent wolf in Melee does because I see a lot better and more useful technical when I play Smash 64.
...I don't see your point, but okay.

Either way, the video itself is more what I'm laughing at. One minute of a guy turning around and pivoting in different ways.

Yes I have.
I have used the Boost Walk in a match many times.

I haven't used this yet though.
I gave up on footstools.
(and) I don't Chain Camp as much as I would like to.
I thought you've never been to a tournament.
I really want to see how these techniques fair in a competitive environment, because I really don't see it.

Top Bottom