• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Advanced Technique- Platform Traversing

Status
Not open for further replies.

GeneralWoodman

Smash Lord
I'll update this as the technique develops. Vids coming soon.

the other day i stumbled upon an amazing attack combo that i thought would amaze all of you and make you think im the best jigglypuff user cuz i am. Basically, you gotta hit dem with the spinning ball attack first and then follow it up with the shining kick attack and i knocks them really far off from any percent damage. My friend got beat the other day by it three times in a row and he screamed about how good i was and that im the best jigglypuff user and i think hes right. hope this technique helps a lot of you higher level players because it took me a long time to get the timing down but its awesome for sure!=D

ALL CREDIT GOES TO JENNIFUR PUFF!=D

T-block

B2B TST
Haha much love <3

Few questions - would you consider this technically difficult? Can you do it 100% consistently now? How long did it take you to get it down?

Any chance you have frame data as to how many frames you're vulnerable for between landing on the platform and dropping through the platform?

This free Rest you're talking about is the most intriguing thing to me atm, but that might be because I haven't seen the vid yet. You mean free rest on u-smashes, right? I can't see how you'd be able to punish most u-airs like this.

GeneralWoodman

Smash Lord
well you gotta press it super hard so that u move da stick far to da end and HOLD IT! DATS REALLY IMPORTANT 2!
GL GUYS BUT IM STILL DA BETTER PUFF EVEN IF U LRN DIS K!?

Nefarious B

Smash Champion
Is there a video in that massive wall of text? edit: nevermind read first line haha.

This is kinda hard to visualize, is this using airwalking like how wario does? I'm wondering if it's a universal AT

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Video or you are a wuss.

When we get a video, you did a great job, without video... WUSS

-LzR-

Smash Hero
I could try to learn this and then record it. ;)

EDIT: Also edit the OP, make the text better, now it's a huge unreadable wall of mess.
Make paragraphs.

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
woody get someone else or get a sd card to give me the replay. My wii isnt hooked to internet because i moved and im not hooking it up anytime soon

-LzR-

Smash Hero
I seriously couldn't understand anything about it since the OP is a real mess.

EraOfGames

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2895-7773-5577
I offered to record for Woody, but he said he can't play for a week so yeaaaah.

Might try to recreate it like LzR

EraOfGames

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2895-7773-5577
Okay well I tested this out, and I'm pretty sure I did it correctly, but honestly I don't see how this is game breaking, no offense. It has some uses though.. But yea, I'd be surprised if this hasn't been discovered already. Just allows you to change directions off platforms quickly.

Also you can do this with control stick only, which is waaaay easier imo. RIGHT when you land on a platform press opposite direction and almost instantly down/ff. If you do it quickly enough it's just as fast, and you don't have to use so many buttons.

Let me know if I'm interpreting this wrong.

If you guys really want I can upload a vid but ehh

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
Honestly, since Jiggs is low tier in Brawl I want to get excited about this, but... paragraphs, man. <.<
not trying to burst anyone bubble but this AT isn't game breaking for Jiggz one bit. She needs an AT where she can reliably combo into a kill move like f-smash or u-smash or even rest.

D-air into rest isnt a true combo and it's very situational. So don't bring that up.:oneeye:

GeneralWoodman

Smash Lord
not trying to burst anyone bubble but this at isn't game breaking for jiggz one bit. She needs an at where she can reliably combo into a kill move like f-smash or u-smash or even rest.

D-air into rest isnt a true combo and it's very situational. So don't bring that up.:oneeye:
da shining kick attack is pretty game broking i tink!

ChakramStrike

Smash Rookie
Sweet jesus, please rewrite the OP so I can figure out what you're talking about. This sounds rather interesting.

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
so uh nothing came of this..? (havent been on for a bit)

EraOfGames

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2895-7773-5577
Jiggly vs MK is now 100-0 Jiggly's favor

It's so awesome that if you observed this highly complex and advanced technique, your eyes would scorch with flames of amazingness and smolder into your brain

No one is worthy enough to see a vid of it

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
Jiggly vs MK is now 100-0 Jiggly's favor

It's so awesome that if you observed this highly complex and advanced technique, your eyes would scorch with flames of amazingness and smolder into your brain

No one is worthy enough to see a vid of it
joke topic confirmed. Can someone lock this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom