• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 3DS New 3DS Direct for Japan

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Wouldn't mean much? I'm pretty sure they only know Shulk is in the game and not if or when he's getting revealed because they've retweeted about three or four directs now.
I think you missed the point. Back when Robin was revealed everyone was certain Shulk was going to be revealed because of a tweet from the Xenoblade people.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I think you missed the point. Back when Robin was revealed everyone was certain Shulk was going to be revealed because of a tweet from the Xenoblade people.
I know. I didn't miss that point I just emphasized your point by pointing out that it's not the only time they've did that.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
It's 2 hours 20 minutes to 4

This isn't even the usual time I got to bed

I work in the afternoon until night

I don't have anything to do in the morning

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
He retweeted it?

So now I've gotta decide if it's worth going to bed only to wake up in 2 hours...

spd12

Smash Cadet
NNID
PinkDodecahedron
3DS FC
0104-0418-0459
The direct will almost certainly be archived and easily accessible after the fact.

Don't compromise your daily routines or other commitments just to watch it when it's first out! Take it easy, and enjoy it on your own time.

EDIT: Besides, so many people will be hammering that site for the stream it may well be unwatchable when it's first running.

Last edited:

Ganonthegreat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ganonthegreat
3DS FC
3780-9005-2627
The screen fades from black to the smouldering wreckage of a steel door, that leads into a deserted laboratory. The camera pans the walls to see charts of DNA and other experiments. A strange hand picks up a piece of paper, on the paper is an ancient picture of Mew, pan up to reveal Mewtwo (CONFIRMATION CARD). Mewtwo puts the picture back and continues examining the laboratory. He spies another high security door, the next thing we know he blasts through it. The room he sees is full of contained animal specimens like he's never seen before. In the last container at the end of the room Mewtwo spots a Metroid, as he examines it he hears a grumble behind him. Mewtwo spins around to see Ridley roaring in his face (CONFIRMATION CARD)! Ridley grabs Mewtwo and throws him against the wall. Mewtwo gets up with bloodlust in his eyes and charges up his Shadow Ball. Mewtwo releases as Ridley charges forward, and the trailer cuts to gameplay.

Ryuutakeshi

Smash Lord
The direct will almost certainly be archived and easily accessible after the fact.

Don't compromise your daily routines or other commitments just to watch it when it's first out! Take it easy, and enjoy it on your own time.

EDIT: Besides, so many people will be hammering that site for the stream it may well be unwatchable when it's first running.
They've gotten better about it. The pokken fighter reveal went well (well, it initially crashed but was fine after that) and I had no issues during E3.

gamer8

Smash Lord
After no mention of the direct in the picture of the day I lost hope that it would reveal anything new, so this is good news. Does Sakurai usually retweet these things if he has no part in them? I'm still kind of wondering if we really would get something new when it's only in Japanese, but hey he also revealed Pac Man during the roundtable most of us didn't get to see at E3.

Ehn Jolly

Smash Journeyman
Man, I NEED this to have this direct have some smash footage. And hopefully some of Robin, they NEED more exposure. Also a reveal.

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
Can't believe I'm still up... Is it even worth it? Probably not.
*places cup*
I'ma leave this here. I hope when I get back that it's filled with the tears of Dark Pit haters. Don't disappoint.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Sadly I'm in school when this happens.

Bleh, I wanted to see text and voice I didn't understand.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Less than an hour to go. Playing Pokemon to pass the time.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Yeah screw it, let's stay up for it.

Not like sleep is important or anything. ;_;

Storm Eagle

Smash Lord
NNID
Storm88
Is there any lifestream for Germans here? aka people who can't use youtube for the direct? :-P

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Hmm, the Direct appears to go for 33 minutes.

Ganreizu

Smash Ace
Edit: I should have read the OP again before posting that.

Last edited:

Ganreizu

Smash Ace
Thanks all. This is going to be really interesting regardless of the fact that i don't understand japanese at all.

Mr.Seven

Smash Journeyman
NNID
The_FPG
The Direct is starting in about 10 minutes... I don't know whether I should be mad or begin to laugh hysterically if no Smash news is revealed.

MrBond

Smash Cadet
Staying up until 4 am to watch a Nintendo Direct in Japanese. Good thing I'm still on Summer Break :O

This should be interesting. If there's some sort of Smash trailer, that'll be more than enough :D

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
I'm guessing Shulk and Dark Pit. Because I think those appeal to the Japanese more than Bowser Jr. or Duck Hunt would.

Ganreizu

Smash Ace
I'm guessing Shulk and Dark Pit. Because I think those appeal to the Japanese more than Bowser Jr. or Duck Hunt would.
According to the leaker though, shulk isn't going to be revealed before the game's launch. He's supposed to be one of the "surprise characters". I do agree with you that those characters definitely appeal more to the audience that they would be trying to hype up, if any smash stuff is going to be hyped at all.

Last edited:

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
According to the leaker though, shulk isn't going to be revealed before the game's launch. He's supposed to be one of the "surprise characters".
Ironic.

Anyways, I'll see you guys, later today. After this direct I'm knocking out

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Where the hell is everyone? We aren't even at 100 viewers here.

Top Bottom