• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 3DS New 3DS Direct for Japan

smileMasky

Smash Ace
NNID
TPPyro
3DS FC
1349-6667-1990
I hope they also talk about the SGTxFE we have not heard any more info about like a year ago? I fell in love with FEA ever since I got it last week and cant put it down.

RPGatWill

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1118-0962-1816
They might announce the next in their remakes of 3DS titles. Like it'd be pretty cool to see the original Paper Mario remade for 3DS or I've heard people want Majora's Mask pretty hard for a remake.

Banjo-Kazooie

Smash Ace
NNID
Burudiman
3DS FC
2492-5021-9705
You people are overhyping this Direct too much when it is still stated to be just for Japan so far, so it will have only things like Miku games and Yokai Watch etc. And still, you are gonna make me wake up at 6 am and watch it anyways because what if... I hope you are happy.

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
They might announce the next in their remakes of 3DS titles. Like it'd be pretty cool to see the original Paper Mario remade for 3DS or I've heard people want Majora's Mask pretty hard for a remake.
Majora's Mask is kind of a given, eventually.

I would like to see a Paper Mario/Paper Mario TYD remake on 3DS. TYD moreso because you can't play gamecube games with current consoles but Paper Mario's on Wii virtual console.

skyluigi2

Smash Rookie
NNID
skyluigi
3DS FC
5069-3912-3062
Given Smash 3DS' very close Japanese release date, I'd be surprised if there wasn't anything Smash related. That said, given the fact that the Direct is still Japan only, I wouldn't be expecting any reveals if I were you. Of course, that could change if Directs were announced for Europe and North America...

Nielicus

Smash Lord
Given Smash 3DS' very close Japanese release date, I'd be surprised if there wasn't anything Smash related. That said, given the fact that the Direct is still Japan only, I wouldn't be expecting any reveals if I were you. Of course, that could change if Directs were announced for Europe and North America...
The good thing about this is, we can still get a general direct soon, which will be better than 3DS only and ****

strawhatninja

Smash Ace
NNID
hecticzacattack
3DS FC
4441-9826-4993
Yeah I don't expect any big announcements since it isn't worldwide, but I can't believe they won't at least talk about it a little with it coming out in two weeks.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
In the event that this stays Japan only, can we count on having someone here doing translations?

skyluigi2

Smash Rookie
NNID
skyluigi
3DS FC
5069-3912-3062
In the event that this stays Japan only, can we count on having someone here doing translations?
Chances are translations will be all over the internet even whilst the event is ongoing. I'd post them here, but the Direct is at midnight here in the UK, so... nope!

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
Chances are translations will be all over the internet even whilst the event is ongoing. I'd post them here, but the Direct is at midnight here in the UK, so... nope!
But it's not. It's at noon for you.

RPGatWill

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1118-0962-1816
Majora's Mask is kind of a given, eventually.

I would like to see a Paper Mario/Paper Mario TYD remake on 3DS. TYD moreso because you can't play gamecube games with current consoles but Paper Mario's on Wii virtual console.
Yeah I never played Thousand Year door so I'd like to get the change too. But until you see that their actually making the Majora's mask remake you can't really say it's a given.

I mean just look at Duke Nukem. :joyful:

Nah but I also just realized I would love to see them Announce the Golden Sun: Dark Dawn Sequel since I absolutely loved that game. Don't know how much a chance there is of it, but I'll cross my fingers.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Okay, so possible newcomers are Dark Pit, Shulk, DHD, and Bowser Jr.

Bowser Jr. - along with Dr. Mario and/or Wario?
DHD - R.O.B. / Game and Watch? Ice Climbers?
Dark Pit - Hmm.... I'm not too sure. Possibly Ganondorf?
Shulk - Ganondorf and Ness?

Just possibilities. I'd love to see Shulk revealed.

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
Yeah I never played Thousand Year door so I'd like to get the change too. But until you see that their actually making the Majora's mask remake you can't really say it's a given.

Nah but I also just realized I would love to see them Announce the Golden Sun: Dark Dawn Sequel since I absolutely loved that game. Don't know how much a chance there is of it, but I'll cross my fingers.
..But Duke Nukem Forever did end up releasing. It just wasn't very good

D

Deleted member 245254

I posted this in the announcement thread as it's equally relevant here.

There's some strong American entitlement here.

Nevermind America got two giant tournaments, America got the GameCube adapter announcement, oh and the Lucina/Robin/Falcon trailer airing at a time most convenient for Americans.

The chances of Smash information being outed is just as high here as any other Nintendo info spill...

Just remember, it's generally the norm that games developed and releasing first in Japan get information release there that needs to be reported on by American reporters. Smash is catering to an international audience as well as it can but don't kid yourself in to thinking that a direct aimed at the games home development country can't and won't be important only because it's inconvenient for America.

Mr. Mumbles

Smash Ace
It's not entitlement; it's historical precedent. I don't think there is a single person here who wouldn't absolutely love it if new information came to light tomorrow even if it isn't translated. The thing is with Smash Brothers receiving new information that isn't in a global direct hasn't happened. It could sure, but surely you can see why people are hesitant to get their hopes up.

D

Deleted member 245254

It's not entitlement; it's historical precedent. I don't think there is a single person here who wouldn't absolutely love it if new information came to light tomorrow even if it isn't translated. The thing is with Smash Brothers receiving new information that isn't in a global direct hasn't happened. It could sure, but surely you can see why people are hesitant to get their hopes up.
You mean like the Pac-Man trailer?

ToddCam

Smash Journeyman
Pretty absurd response. Making a Direct available at all is not the same thing as giving preferential treatment. I hate my country's absurd level of self-centeredness, but this doesn't qualify.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
I hope they also talk about the SGTxFE we have not heard any more info about like a year ago? I fell in love with FEA ever since I got it last week and cant put it down.
I don't think we can expect any news for Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem since this is a Nintendo Direct based for the 3DS. But I still hope they can provide more info on this hopefully by TGS or a future Nintendo Direct.

As for what Nintendo 3DS titles that I hope/expect to be shown, I'm hoping for more info on Codename STEAM and expect more info on Pokemon Alpha Sapphire and Omega Ruby.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
I don't think we'll get anything Smash related in this Direct. I feel that it'll be games that are really popular in Japan, but not as much here, like Monster Hunter, Bravely Second, Layton vs. Phoenix Wright, ORAS, Persona Q etc...

But that's just me. There could very well be a newcomer announced, seeing as we got one at E3, which I don't think was translated and streamed in Japan.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
There was a reason to announce Pac-Man on the roundtable and while not impossible, I don't think we will get a newcomer reveal in a Japan-exclusive Direct.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617

From someone who think Majora's Mask is pure art,

Play TTYD the sooner you can.

Because it is too.

Seriously tough, I don't see a Paper Mario game being announced on a Japanese only direct.

But I do see him getting revealed.

Let's hype. (I just want him, but it would be exactly a month after his stage reveal so it's fitting for his reveal).

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I'm fairly certain nothing Smash-related will be shown, other than, "Hey, by the way, it's coming out in a couple weeks."

To my knowledge, no new characters have ever been announced with the 3DS in mind. They've always been shown in Wii U graphics during Wii U presentations (or just Nintendo presentations in general). That's likely because they just look better at the Wii U's higher graphical output and resolution.

As for the rest of the game's information still unannounced, I feel like none of that is important enough to take up time in a direct meant to sell people on their coming products. Nobody's going to say, "Well, I wasn't really sold on Smash before, but now I know they have a Duck Hunt stage and a new target minigame. So hell yeah!"

I personally believe that Sakurai will share one last newcomer video before the Japan 3DS game launch, but until then, the only other information we'll get (aside from the leak, obviously) will be through Sakurai's Miiverse posts.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
I imagine that this Direct will definitely feature content for Smash Bros. But what? If anything, I doubt it will be a character from the leak, because all the hype has gone. If anything, I think that if he is playable, now is the perfect time to reveal Ridley as playable character.

Acadian Flycatcher

Smash Journeyman
When has Nintendo ever done a "Japan only" Direct? Even if they decided to, with Smash Bros 2 weeks away they need to advertise it. It's as much anticipated in Japan as it is everywhere else in the world. From a marketing stand point you would have to be Hodor not to see the benefit in hyping up this game one last time.

What other 3DS releases are more important that they shadow SUPER ****ING SMASH BROS 2 weeks from release?! The new Pokemon remakes are the only competition but they are still months away.

100% this game will have new Smash Bros. 3DS news. There's no way it can't. Releasing the Direct 2 weeks from the release of the most anticipated Nintendo game of the year and not including a section for it is like hosting a big back to school dance but advertising for the winter dance instead.

100% there will be more news on customizations and game modes. 100% there will be a trailer revealing a newcomer and veteran at the end. I doesn't matter that it's "3DS exclusive", they will not pass up the opportunity to hype the game up one last time because the reveal trailer has "Wii U footage".

We have every right to expect great things from the Direct when Smash Bros releases in TWO GOD DAMN WEEKS! Likely we'll get a lot of Pokemon info, but I'm not too sure what other 3DS games are coming out soon so this would be a good way to showcase them. But with one of the biggest 3DS releases on the horizon, in both Japan and the rest of the world, it's impossible to think that they are not going to give one last marketing push.

Last edited:

linszoid

Smash Cadet
I can't get hyped for this, it will probably be like the July Japan only direct and show games that aren't likely coming over to America.

Mr. Mumbles

Smash Ace
You mean like the Pac-Man trailer?
Not gonna lie; Pac-man's reveal was odd to say the least. But despite being revealed as part of E3 it's not as though we knew about Pac-man any sooner then the Japanese did. More importantly it wasn't a direct, so my point about historical precedence still stands.

BADGRAPHICS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2406-5113-4228
Considering how close to release we are, I'd be pretty surprised if there wasn't a reveal.
Kinda weird that this is Japan-only, though. Maybe it'll be a Shulk reveal, considering he's not as well-known in the west.

Top Bottom