• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 3DS New 3DS Direct for Japan

Super Flygon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Master_Zach
3DS FC
1289-8257-7574
Switch FC
SW-5750-9817-6593
Someone should put the times in the OP so people can stop asking.

Last edited:

Pega-pony Princess

Smash Lord
NNID
auraoftwilight
3DS FC
2938-6383-8579
I'm not going to get overly excited about this unless NoA tweets about it. Because of Sakurai and the leak, my hopes have been crushed, skyrocketed, destroyed, and heightened repeatedly.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
My hype is in all directions.

Can't wait to see what comes from it if it's JP exclusive.

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895
Until Sakurai says something in the Pic of the day, I will doubt anything that is new and/or Smash related.

strawhatninja

Smash Ace
NNID
hecticzacattack
3DS FC
4441-9826-4993
Well if it is saying 7 am. I will have to get up early, but that depends on if we can actually watch it too.

Petrichor

Smash Apprentice
Well if it is saying 7 am. I will have to get up early, but that depends on if we can actually watch it too.
Just visit the Japanese Nintendo Direct page. You'll definitely be able to watch it. The only real problem is that being a Japanese Direct, there won't be any English subtitles or voice-over. With a bit of luck Nintendo of America will announce an English version before long.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Looking forward to seeing it. If it is Japanese only I will still enjoy it, since potential Smash news is better than no news.

BindingBlade

Smash Lord
Usually the American Directs are announced from 11am - 2pm EST so if we get it it should be announced within the next three hours.

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
It sucks that potential Smash news is limited to just a Japan Direct. Though it does make the most sense. I predict it's not a character, just some game modes or something.
4 am Pacific time? I would stay up but I gotta wake up early to take my sister to school now. Ech I'll catch the recap in the morning.

Zwzchow

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zwzchow8
3DS FC
1805-3193-2658
The leak fueled my hype train. There's still trailers, after all. And hopefully we get one of those in this Direct.
But the point of the trailers is that you don't know who the heck we are getting->Hype
Now we all know who are on the list for trailers

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
But the point of the trailers is that you don't know who the heck we are getting->Hype
But you don't know when or which of the leaked characters are getting a trailer until you actually see it.
That seems pretty hype worthy to me.

Raijinken

Smash Master
I absorb spoilers and enjoy just knowing what's coming. No amount of knowing or hoping for specific characters will dilute the effect caused by the execution via the trailer. At least, that is how I see it. I know lots of people outright hate spoilers, I'm just not one of them. Besides, getting real, official acknowledgement of stuff from the leaks gets rid of the related parts of speculation, allowing me to focus on "Man, how will ____ fight with ____ in play, and what on earth was I looking at Minute:Second in the trailer?"

BADGRAPHICS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2406-5113-4228
Well, I hope we get some cool Smash news, though the hype train has probably already left the station.
Fingers crossed for confirmation of a character we don't know about, or some stages we haven't seen.

Zwzchow

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zwzchow8
3DS FC
1805-3193-2658
Personally that was what made the Robin/Lucina trailer so hype and awesome for me.
Gematsu was everywhere

That day I was expecting Shulk
/Sees Fire Emblem
Okay it's Chrom I guess

Holy mother of god Lucina :D
then Falcon

Then Robin got revealed (I wasnt much of a Robin supporter)
But I was like oh this guy from the threads!

And then his gameplay was epic

This is what makes trailers special. You have no goddamn idea who it is and when it's revealed you are like holy **** this guy is officially in smash now. /cue Greninja trailer/

YoshiplayerX

Smash Apprentice
We shouldn`t get our hopes too high.
I think we will get information for Pokemon Omega Ruby/Alpha Saphire.
Lets see what the Friday Picture is:)

RPGatWill

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1118-0962-1816
4 am is a nasty bar to set for myself, but I'll probably watch it if NoA doesn't do it. Personally I want to see stuff like these directs since they'll introduce me to games I've probably never heard of. That may make me interesting in something I didn't know about before. And honestly, how else will people learn about things that exist unless you at least show them some of it? Then you can gather your data on who might buy it if it came to America and make a judgement based on that.

Then again I'm not a business person so I'm probably full of it.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Well, I hope we get some cool Smash news, though the hype train has probably already left the station.
Fingers crossed for confirmation of a character we don't know about, or some stages we haven't seen.
There won't be a character reveal. It's never happened for a country specific Direct.

Sahfarry

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2750-1620-0068
Fingers crossed for a char reveal. As of now, a char reveal will make or break the leak (unless an unshown char is revealed :p). That's what I hope for.f

Smash'll be talked about no doubt. I just wonder about the other games. Are there any big games coming out that we already know about besides Pokemon Omega/Alpha and Smash? I honestly can't remember anything. Otherwise, it may be a mostly games being shown.

I have a possible prediction. I think a 3DS Metroid title's release is plausible; it has been rumored and requested, but I still don't see this as 100%.

Last edited:

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
5am huh?

Not gonna wake up for it is there's no comment from Sakurai about it.

NoA please announce it for English speakers too.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
If the direct really is Japan Only, then the most I'd expect them to do with Smash is maybe unveil a demo, or even just remind people that "hey this is coming in 2 weeks get hyped." I doubt they'll reveal any characters or anything.

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
Are Directs usually announced simultaneously when they're worldwide?

If this one is to remain Japan-only, then I'm not expecting anything like a newcomer reveal or anything, as much as I would like that. Maybe it's more about Japan-exclusive games?

Top Bottom