• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 3DS New 3DS Direct for Japan

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Maybe Sakurai will come out during this direct and divorce his wife.

But also maybe we will see Wario.

gamerjohn1991

Smash Apprentice
NNID
gamerjohn1991
3DS FC
5370-1230-7105
Despite me going against Shulk being in SSB4, I suppose he, along with Bowser Jr. and Ganondorf, would be revealed tomorrow...

ORANGEtheGORILLa

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ORANGEtheGORILLA
3DS FC
0387-9268-8964
Some how waking up at 5:30 to watch one video seems unlikely for me. Luckily game explain will have an analysis when I wake up. I think.

spader13

Smash Journeyman
Even though it'd only be getting up a half hour earlier than usual for me, I think I'm going to just get the extra sleep. Besides, while I miss out on the hype of a reveal if one happens, I'll have no wait on just jumping into the good part.

kaliskonig

Smash Journeyman
Hopefully we get two reveal trailers. If we only get one I hope it is Shulk's trailer. I am most interested in his mechanics. Duck Hunt Dog I would imagine won't be revealed until release maybe. I don't think to much time needs to be spent on modes as the POTD's seem to explain those in detail quite well enough.

Last edited:

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
While there will almost certainly be Smash news, it will probably be a gameplay reel, recap of modes he has talked about this week, maybe a bundle announcement for Japan, and possibly reveals for one veteran and DLC confirmation. It is very unlikely there will be a newcomer trailer at anything but an international event. I hope I'm wrong, but have your expectations in check for this region-exclusive Direct. It will then proceed to talk about Japanese-exclusive (at least at launch) third party rpgs. Dragon Quest X, Monster Hunter news, Bravely Second, some eShop stuff.

kaliskonig

Smash Journeyman
While there will almost certainly be Smash news, it will probably be a gameplay reel, recap of modes he has talked about this week, maybe a bundle announcement for Japan, and possibly reveals for one veteran and DLC confirmation. It is very unlikely there will be a newcomer trailer at anything but an international event. I hope I'm wrong, but have your expectations in check for this region-exclusive Direct. It will then proceed to talk about Japanese-exclusive (at least at launch) third party rpgs. Dragon Quest X, Monster Hunter news, Bravely Second, some eShop stuff.
I would love for DLC to be confirmed but I see it as something more appropriate to talk about near or post the Wii U release. Yeah I definitely see us getting a veteran for sure at a minimum. With only like 15 days until release I wonder when we will be getting some newcomer trailers though.

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
I would love for DLC to be confirmed but I see it as something more appropriate to talk about near or post the Wii U release. Yeah I definitely see us getting a veteran for sure at a minimum. With only like 15 days until release I wonder when we will be getting some newcomer trailers though.
I personally don't think everyone will get a trailer before launch, but I do think there will be a new one either right before the Japanese release, the U.S./Europe release, or for both.

Ozyroth

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Ozyroth
Remember guys, every Smash trailer (newcomers wise) only shows WiiU gameplay. Thus making it weird to have WiiU content on a 3DS Direct. So probably we ain't gonna get new character(s). But I think we can still see some 3DS footage/info pre-realese, nothing crazy but cool nonetheless.

I think will get some info on weird/obscure games japan only, no smash nor pokemon. If that was the case we shoulda get an international Direct.

MrPanic

Smash Journeyman
Should probably be a general overview direct about everything the game has to offer, just like the Hyrule Warriors direct. They probably gonna show all the modes and features that are in the 3ds version. I doubt the direct will show anything new that we haven't seen by now, but I'm always ready to see some more gameplay footage.

D

Deleted member

Remember guys, every Smash trailer (newcomers wise) only shows WiiU gameplay. Thus making it weird to have WiiU content on a 3DS Direct. So probably we ain't gonna get new character(s). But I think we can still see some 3DS footage/info pre-realese, nothing crazy but cool nonetheless.

I think will get some info on weird/obscure games japan only, no smash nor pokemon. If that was the case we shoulda get an international Direct.
Yeah, I agree. I doubt we'd see more information on Smash Bros. in this Direct.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
When has Nintendo ever done a "Japan only" Direct? Even if they decided to, with Smash Bros 2 weeks away they need to advertise it. It's as much anticipated in Japan as it is everywhere else in the world. From a marketing stand point you would have to be Hodor not to see the benefit in hyping up this game one last time.

What other 3DS releases are more important that they shadow SUPER ****ING SMASH BROS 2 weeks from release?! The new Pokemon remakes are the only competition but they are still months away.

100% this game will have new Smash Bros. 3DS news. There's no way it can't. Releasing the Direct 2 weeks from the release of the most anticipated Nintendo game of the year and not including a section for it is like hosting a big back to school dance but advertising for the winter dance instead.

100% there will be more news on customizations and game modes. 100% there will be a trailer revealing a newcomer and veteran at the end. I doesn't matter that it's "3DS exclusive", they will not pass up the opportunity to hype the game up one last time because the reveal trailer has "Wii U footage".

We have every right to expect great things from the Direct when Smash Bros releases in TWO GOD DAMN WEEKS! Likely we'll get a lot of Pokemon info, but I'm not too sure what other 3DS games are coming out soon so this would be a good way to showcase them. But with one of the biggest 3DS releases on the horizon, in both Japan and the rest of the world, it's impossible to think that they are not going to give one last marketing push.
I'm prety sure there have been several Japan only directs.

The lack of Directs for America and Europe makes me doubt there will be Smash news. If there is I think it will just be about its release and maybe show some new clips but nothing substantial.

Pac Man's trailer had 3DS gameplay

No mention of the Direct in the English PotD. Shocking /sarcasm

Last edited:

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
No mention of the direct at all from Sakurai. Not even on the Japanese side.

Oh well, I'm not the one getting paid to promote his game. :drshrug:

Last edited:

EmeraldDragonair

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EmeraldDragonair
What I expect:
Some Japanese exclusive games (don't really know what, I don't pay attention to Jp exclusives much)

Hoenn. Europe just had collectors editions revealed, Japan's will likely follow tonight, with America confirming it tomorrow. Also new mega/s, another trailer is very likely, hopefully TRUMPETS (I am most displeased by the apparent lack of trumpets so far). The Pokemon company can just put the translated version on YouTube later, its not like this is the first time this week that Pokemon news has come to Japan first.

Fairly general Smash stuff (more gameplay footage, some new trophies, a stage or two, poke/assists, maybe the return of masterpieces. Any collectors edition that may be happening. Maybe a Vet from a series mostly popular in Japan (Ness or R.O.B. for example). I can't see a newcomer being likely unless Sakurai adds another comment alerting us to watch it (or just the trailer being live-streamed on the smash site at the same time as the direct gets to that part in Japan), which looks increasingly unlikely every minute. If there is a newcomer without warning I would guess at Shulk, he makes the most sense to be revealed in a J-only direct.

Bonus points for Master System VC, or getting SEGA to put more GG on it, but that's not terribly likely IMO.

I may as well watch it, not like I have anything better to do at 8.30PM. (****Yeah 'Straya)

Last edited:

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
I am still not expecting a newcomer, hopefully I am proven wrong an a few hours.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Now let's see if Monolith Soft retweet it ;)
Wouldn't mean much? I'm pretty sure they only know Shulk is in the game and not if or when he's getting revealed because they've retweeted about three or four directs now.

Top Bottom