• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New 0 to Death AT -Combo#34- updated Link and Snake vid

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
I believe our grab release options on Ness deserve a bit more attention. It could be possible to apply something similar to this into our grab release on him, rather than going in for a Knee of Justice right away.

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz
I believe our grab release options on Ness deserve a bit more attention. It could be possible to apply something similar to this into our grab release on him, rather than going in for a Knee of Justice right away.
Try regrab. (grab release->dashgrab/boost grab.)

Makaveli tha Don

Smash Apprentice
or if you want to send him off stage horizontally and he has high amount of damage

Grab release - > Regrab -> F-throw

and if you want 34, then d throw to u-air footstool

although on ness i don't think 34 is gonna do too much

lordhelmet

Smash Master
or if you want to send him off stage horizontally and he has high amount of damage

Grab release - > Regrab -> F-throw

and if you want 34, then d throw to u-air footstool

although on ness i don't think 34 is gonna do too much
Ness might be hard to footstool, but his recovery is so easy to gimp it's not even funny.

Makaveli tha Don

Smash Apprentice
Ness might be hard to footstool, but his recovery is so easy to gimp it's not even funny.
Thats why im down with
Grab release -> regrab (untill you get close enough to the edge) -> f-throw

at high percents

and then just make sure he is taken care of after he uses his second jump. u-air, b-air, knee etc

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
Actually, it might not be that hard if we do a quick double jump up to him instead of a knee. We might actually be able to footstool him into something else. But I dunno, haven't tried it yet, it just seems like it could be possible. :V

Makaveli tha Don

Smash Apprentice
Actually, it might not be that hard if we do a quick double jump up to him instead of a knee. We might actually be able to footstool him into something else. But I dunno, haven't tried it yet, it just seems like it could be possible. :V
yea yeah just forget the knee for now
if he's high enough in terms of damage, then i guess the knee is an option

but i like f throw. we can butt**** his recovery and f-throw to d-air is one of falcons most sensible movestings

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
Also, I'm assuming a grab release -> SH Forward -> Up+B works as well on Ness considering we can knee him. We could treat the Ness match-up similar to Wario's then, when it comes to grab releases.

Makaveli tha Don

Smash Apprentice
Also, I'm assuming a grab release -> SH Forward -> Up+B works as well on Ness considering we can knee him. We could treat the Ness match-up similar to Wario's then, when it comes to grab releases.
im thinkin yes to the bolded section

but im a little shaky on using falcon dive. we need to experiment with the exact location we should start up the dive so that it will grab ness, because the hitbox and timing is a little weird.

also, considering we have the Knee to compare it to, falcon dive doesn't have as much knock back.

its alright in my opinion, but we need to get the timings and locations down first.

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
The Falcon Dive is risky, but if it's guaranteed, it's a nice damage wracking combo. That's about 17% each grab release {including pummel damage prior}.

And it's difficult to buffer a Uair right when you're coming off the ground, but it's possible, yes. I guess it could be easier depending on your control settings too.

Makaveli tha Don

Smash Apprentice
The Falcon Dive is risky, but if it's guaranteed, it's a nice damage wracking combo. That's about 17% each grab release {including pummel damage prior}.

And it's difficult to buffer a Uair right when you're coming off the ground, but it's possible, yes. I guess it could be easier depending on your control settings too.
We need to test it. Unfortuantly i don't have a wii with me.

what about....

haha call me crazy but i would feel SOO good to do this every once in a while

raptor boost spike?

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
If you can dash -> jump behind them and do the spike toward the stage. That, or space yourself so you can grab the ledge if it misses. Probably won't work, but who knows? It has a pretty nice hitbox, so unless they react with something like a forward air, we'll probably hit them out of any move they try.

Makaveli tha Don

Smash Apprentice
If you can dash -> jump behind them and do the spike toward the stage. That, or space yourself so you can grab the ledge if it misses. Probably won't work, but who knows? It has a pretty nice hitbox, so unless they react with something like a forward air, we'll probably hit them out of any move they try.
i don't think we'll have enough time to jump behind them
or we'd get behind them but by the time we start the move, they pass us.

Ness is also a small target, so our horizontal alignment needs to be more precise than most other characters.

i know that marths air release on ness is interesting.

do you think that we can just run and hyphen smash or something? im not thinking straight right now though

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
Probably.

Usmash is probably guaranteed as well. I'm tempted to try a buffered dash -> Shield {to cancel the dash animation} -> Up tilt and see how that works.

Makaveli tha Don

Smash Apprentice
Probably.

Usmash is probably guaranteed as well. I'm tempted to try a buffered dash -> Shield {to cancel the dash animation} -> Up tilt and see how that works.
U-tilt has a large hitbox so i think it might work as a nice ground killer.

what about, a really low, FF u-air and immediatly to a grab? if they hit the right part of the hitbox, then they hit the ground at a really shallow angle, and whether they tech it or not, we'll probably be there fast enough to execute another grab. except this is so fast it will literally cause confusion to the opponenet

its kinda crazy

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
Doesn't sound like a bad idea, but it sounds a bit difficult. We'd probably be better off attempting a Fhanfus Loop on Ness out of his grab release.

...which was a joke, but that might actually work now that I think of it.

FotuRAN

Smash Apprentice

mmm, I thoght that an aerial attack couldn't be buffered on the ground, I checked it some time ago, I knew that I can do a buffered dash to short jump, and after that in the 0 frame after a attack do an aerial, but now I'm not sure D:

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
You can do a rising Uair. It's possible to hit a character with a Uair as soon as you start your jump. I know that much for a fact.

It's just really difficult. :V

Makaveli tha Don

Smash Apprentice
Dude.

Fhanfus loop ftw.

i think what i said might not work always just because of the fact that, we would probably hit ness slightly too far up to grab him.

But all of the things we saide get him off stage, which is where we can mess with him. So we're good

Makaveli tha Don

Smash Apprentice
Marths recovery is excellent vertically.

Don't expect him to just keep falling, he's gonna get back up.

Makaveli tha Don

Smash Apprentice
Ooh yeah i forgot about that

yeah marths dolphin slash can get us good.

But if they do DS

then they will most likely fall like a ****** in the air

and if we are at a really low percent and were hit by the top of the move,

then we might be able to break out of hitstun and FF a U-air, N-air, D-air or Knee...

someone should test that

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
I already know that works. Especially if they don't sweetspot it. We just go flying up in the air slightly, have retaliation time and can punish with a fast fall knee if we want to.

His Dolphin Slash is easy to punish. If he doesn't time it right, he's going to take it hard, like the ***** he is.

Makaveli tha Don

Smash Apprentice
I already know that works. Especially if they don't sweetspot it. We just go flying up in the air slightly, have retaliation time and can punish with a fast fall knee if we want to.

His Dolphin Slash is easy to punish. If he doesn't time it right, he's going to take it hard, like the ***** he is.
haha sweet

However, DS is sparingly used because of that fact. Most of the time, it is used to break out of a movestring or chain grab because on initiation, the first 5 frames (might be 6 i don't remember) grants him invincibility. And it can kill.

+ It actually can be an adequate recovery because marth can move horizontally in the air pretty well. + he has sheildbreaker.

However, in almost all other cases, we nail him hard.

shongotskills

Smash Apprentice
eating my own ***** after its been ripped off > this website > helmet > everything else, there's master card

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Great read, sounds like something VERY hard to pull off, so i better get to practicin' ^.^

Top Bottom