• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New 0 to Death AT -Combo#34- updated Link and Snake vid

Thirtyfour

Smash Journeyman
First let me say, this is an OLD AT I've been doing for a while offline whenever that may be and online. Didn't want to risk it being stolen and named so I'm putting out a guide on how to perform and avoid the AT, Combo#34.

How to do Combo#34:

Get a grab near the edge.
Dthrow > Short hop U-Air > Footstool

IMPORTANT: YOU MUST DO THIS AT LOW%(0-25 depending on falling speed and weight), AND BUFFER THE UAIR WELL ENOUGH SO YOU CAN FOOTSTOOL DURING HITLAG! (not hard really)

Combo#34 can either 0 to Death, OR set up for a 0 to death gimp!

Most characters can defend against the Uair right after the dthrow at 0% so sometimes it's good to wait for them to react to the Dthrow.
They have 4 options after a Dthrow.
1. Air dodge into the ground *will get grabbed*
2. Jump away *Uair will land if this happens
3. Attack (for example Falco's Nair Fox's reflector) Wait, walk up to them slowly to bait this option and GRAB THEM out out landing/autocanceling lag.. Players tend to try to jump or airdodge out if attacking out doesn't work just get to know how they react to Dthrow when they're out of 0 to death %.
4. DI away up or away The safest option. Works for most characters. With upwards DI you have to full hop U-Air into footstool. Some characters will be able to DI towards the stage if how have to full hop Uair

This video shows how you react to options 1 and 3 and what happens when you do option 2 OFFSTAGE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pC48GxrwuzY

If the character DOESN'T use his 2nd jump after the combo you have to take it away with a move. If you know the match ups as well as I do you'll know how to keep them below you setting up for a spike, reverse Uair or something good enough to make it a 0 to death.
This video shows the possibilities of gimping a character out of their 2nd jump.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SiSjDGELB30

Can 0 to death the following at low %s only (about 25% the highest)
Difficulty scales with skill but it is possible.
Includes Videos and way to avoid the footstool after the Dthrow to Uair is already said and done.

Mario
Bowser
DK
Ganondorf
Diddy
Captain Falcon
Shiek
Ice Climbers (singlelol)
Olimar
Pikachu
All 3 Pokemon from PT.
Marth
Ike
Lucas

Snake Best option is to airdodge or Cypher out.
Attempts to jump out below.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNkaGIdhglE

Link Can Airdodge and Zair the ledge to avoid an unbuffered Uair. He cant attack out with dair uair fair or bair. Not sure about his Nair.
Perfect buffering v
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klM2G_5DinE
Link attempting to jump after the an unbuffered uair. I DI'd above him after the uair anyway and mashed jump.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5BOVBKGCQo

Falco: Can side B out the footstool if Uair isn't buffered in correctly.As Shown in this video.(Thanks to Shadow Saske 13 for recording and running tests with me.)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=osLQwKkQY14
This vide0 is an example 0f h0w lethal the combo is to Falco even with his 2nd jump
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SiSjDGELB30
Vids bel0w are actual matches
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3FWVgJp-JPw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pC48GxrwuzY

Wolf: Wolf can shine out the footstool forcing him to drop however.
Vid below shows Wolf first using his wall jump to survive, then dieing the 2nd time.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFz9OMSqzKk
Wolf attempts to jump out in between the uair and footstool.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fL9QfndPbJQ

Cant be air dodged for some characters depending on % and DI
Characters with slow falling speeds, multiple jumps, or some sort of stall (Samus bomb jump, Peach's float, Snake's C4 recovery) are able to avoid the 0 to death, although they will take some % if it fails during their recovery.
It works on all characters, the listed character's recoveries are bad enough to where they cant do much, or anything at all after its been done.

Post questions, videos of you performing Combo#34 in an actual match, or anything really.

Player-3

Smash Hero
well considering he has diddy on his char list i think he knows that it is brawl

†Slader7†

Smash Ace
What P-3 said.

This, however, sounds too good to be true.
Hopes = 10%
Skepticism = 90%

please prove me wrong :ohwell:

btw, poor quality isn't really a problem, just looks at tkontk's videos

Thirtyfour

Smash Journeyman
I wouldn't believe you if you weren't a respectable Falcon lol.

I can record as of today, actually.

Around what time can you record, and can you upload the files to rapidshare afterwards so I can edit them down?

I have a few matches of the AT at work, all wifi and friendlies however.
I've done it offline in tourney, and can have some players vouch for it being a 0 to death.

lordhelmet

Smash Master
Around what time can you record, and can you upload the files to rapidshare afterwards so I can edit them down?

I have a few matches of the AT at work, all wifi and friendlies however.
I've done it offline in tourney, and can have some players vouch for it being a 0 to death.
I can record right now, send them to me via w/e. I'll post them on my Mediafire account.

Knubs.

ナブ Paquito.
How long will it take to put up the bad quality vids (if you still plan to)? /impatient

Thirtyfour

Smash Journeyman
I have better matches of it on other's people's wii but its late and you'll all have to deal with it until later.

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
watch it be super situational

"depending on the character if they are at 14, 27, 86, or 475% and under FD or PKMN 1's lip and they just entered the 4th frame of neutral failling animation and the character is using their green outfit..."

lol

Menk

Smash Cadet
watch it be super situational

"depending on the character if they are at 14, 27, 86, or 475% and under FD or PKMN 1's lip and they just entered the 4th frame of neutral failling animation and the character is using their green outfit..."

lol
Furthurmore, only pink boots CF can do it

EDIT: I'm really hoping the combo turns out to be "if you hit any of these characters past 150% with a fresh Falcon Punch, they will die"

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
By reading the title I thought it was something stupid, but what we have here has some potential.
But of course it's Falcon potential, so it's bound to be escapable but I'll definetely look further into it.

Mota

"The snake, knowing itself, strikes swiftly"
Got pretty excited, still has potential.

A grab at low percent to Uair, all very possible.

Thirtyfour

Smash Journeyman
How's the quality?
Good enough to see what's going on?

Best part about the low% dthrow to uair is that if they try to jump out, before the footstool you either get a load of damage or a free stock.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
Yeah the video quality's good enough.

It's funny how you can footstool Falco without even being above him.

Iwan

Smash Ace
lol....

Just used this for the last stock in my MM with Resh0p's wolf....:)

GIME DAT TEN DOLL HAIRS DAVID! :p.....lol I hope he reads this......anyway though, this is pretty legit :) :)! It's not something you can always do, but throughout the course of a match with changes of pace (aka any normal match), you can pull it off usually once or twice, which is by no means bad.

That means one or two stocks. It's also extremely easy to pull off; nothing really technical going on here, so......pretty manly brah.

Thirtyfour

Smash Journeyman
Very very cool, do you want to send the files to me for recording?
Nah it's fine since they d0nt mind me upl0ading sh0rt vids like the 0nes I p0sted already.
Thanks th0.

Will have vids 0f the AT being d0ne 0n m0re characters s00ner 0r later

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
Looking forward on how this works on Mario so I know how to avoid it. :p

Looking like another "Don't get grabbed" technique.

Thirtyfour

Smash Journeyman
Looking forward on how this works on Mario so I know how to avoid it. :p

Looking like another "Don't get grabbed" technique.
I won't put this in the guide yet but, All y0u have t0 d0 is n0t get grabbed ar0und 0-7% and Di away. Any higher and falc0n has t0 full h0p Uair t0 f00tst00l which isn't likely t0 happen since Mari0s d0 n0t tend t0 Air d0dge right after a dthr0w ar0und 8-20%.

I'll ask a Mari0 Main t0 help with his secti0n later in the week.

Yes I have t0 type with the zer0s, Spilled R00t Beer 0n keyb0ard.

Player-3

Smash Hero
I won't put this in the guide yet but, All y0u have t0 d0 is n0t get grabbed ar0und 0-7% and Di away. Any higher and falc0n has t0 full h0p Uair t0 f00tst00l which isn't likely t0 happen since Mari0s d0 n0t tend t0 Air d0dge right after a dthr0w ar0und 8-20%.

I'll ask a Mari0 Main t0 help with his secti0n later in the week.

Yes I have t0 type with the zer0s, Spilled R00t Beer 0n keyb0ard.
o rly now

nice find

gonna try it out sometime

Thirtyfour

Smash Journeyman
I think that's all the updates we'll need f0r Falc0.
G0ing t0 get a sl0wer falling character rec0rded next.
Pr0bably Mari0 0r Marth.
M0st likely Mari0 f0r y0u l0w tier t0urney players

Acedude55

Smash Ace
...Are you sure this works?

I'm not gonna go ahead and just say it doesn't work

but the way it's performed has the word "doubt" all over the place

BigLord

Smash Lord
NNID
BiigLord
3DS FC
3024-7470-9499
I... I... I don't even...

... This thread, it is... glorious!

OH... OH MY GOD I CAN'T PLAY BRAWL RIGHT NOW BUT IF I COULD I WOULD TRY DOING THIS SO BADLY! I was skeptical at first but I've seen the vids... Holy shoot.

Everyone PLEAAAAAAASE learn how to do this!

Thirtyfour

Smash Journeyman
Been getting a lot of negative feed back mostly from people that havn't tried it yet.
Open up training mode, choose Falcon vs a character from the list (spaceys are the easiest) on lv 9, and pick a nice flat stage.

Some characters like ICs you won't see this happening to because for one it's ICs you would, could only try this vs single IC. Good luck getting rid of the partner at low% as Falcon.

I've done it in actual offline friendlies way back against half the characters on the list. Bad DI or not it works.

Go try it.

Top Bottom