• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Nesu] It's so deserted here I could find Criminal Caterpillars. (Post here if you're cool)

Best Ness Outfit?

• Total voters

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
Ah, good evening Blue, how are you?

Haha XD, yeah he did hit it didn't he? :3

EDIT: NINJA'D by Tyson; thank you <3

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
Oh that's right! England...

I've been to London, about 2 years ago actually. I went to Wimbledon while I was over there. :)

I hope to go back someday, and good luck with school ;P

Dajayman

Banned via Administration
I hate you all for being so active while I'm away. And I read through it all and I have come up with one conclusion: you're all nerds. XD

I'm becoming a DK main because of ook. Until Smash64 personally gives me Ness advice, my Ness will not further evolve. But luckily my DK will evolve because I live near ook, the world's best DK.

Enjoy this video of me watching ook (Yink, Smash64, and Eagayleye know what's up already, this is for the rest of the Ness mains who don't realize how much I <3 ook): http://allisbrawl.com/video/video.aspx?id=26760

Arcade

Smash Ace
While i will say your avatar is pretty funny, that statement is WAY over the line. Yink's stuff= Amazing to say the least.
Don't get your fuzzy pickles in a twist, I was just saying nothing can match the beauty of Dr. Ivo Robotnik in a bikini.

You know you want some.

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
*cough*there'salternateways*cough*

But...if I lived closer I'd let you borrow a copy of EarthBound. I have 2 so...yeah. ;C

Arcade

Smash Ace
If you can't play it now, just remember to play it when you can.

Earthbound is a really amazing story.
The story isn't amazing. The parts of the game that everyone remembers is the mostly unrelated chain of events that need to be addressed to move on. The Happy Happy cult, or Dungeon Man, for example. Without those strange situations and sense of humor EarthBound would be a really generic RPG.

Arcade

Smash Ace
... Am I coming off like I'm bashing it? Must be because I speak in such a matter-of-factly way.

I was just talking about the story/plot aspect of the game. But yeah, the music is great. And it is creative in a couple ways. One little thing I really enjoy is how the enemies have really ridiculous names/concepts, like the Mostly Bad Fly, or a Mad Duck that "spins something around" to drain your PP. Or possibly my favorite, the Scalding Cup of Coffee. Who knew that a bit of hot espresso could kill?

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
The story isn't amazing. The parts of the game that everyone remembers is the mostly unrelated chain of events that need to be addressed to move on. The Happy Happy cult, or Dungeon Man, for example. Without those strange situations and sense of humor EarthBound would be a really generic RPG.
I know you're not bashing, but Earthbound's story (maybe the music, definitely NOT the graphics) is one of the reasons it scores itself a spot in top 200 games of "all time" lists.

Even critics admit (in America anyways) that the reason this game did absolute crap here is because everybody was looking at graphics, and EB's are LOW for the SNES. It wasn't until like, I dunno 3-5 years later when people deeply thought about it, and played through with an open mind did it get the "good" reviews it has now.

Arcade

Smash Ace
PSI is thicker than water, I guess.

I love the game too. It may not be the "best" game in an objective sense, but it's got a lot of creativity and personality. So it's easy to regard it as a favorite if you can look past some of the gameplay flaws.

I know you're not bashing, but Earthbound's story (maybe the music, definitely NOT the graphics) is one of the reasons it scores itself a spot in top 200 games of "all time" lists.

Even critics admit (in America anyways) that the reason this game did absolute crap here is because everybody was looking at graphics, and EB's are LOW for the SNES. It wasn't until like, I dunno 3-5 years later when people deeply thought about it, and played through with an open mind did it get the "good" reviews it has now.
Depends on what you call the "story." If you include bailing out a down-on-their-luck band and stuff, yes, it's great. But they're really kind of puzzle elements IMO. The foundation of the plot is kinda weak (I am from the future, you are the chosen one, collect 8 thingymajigs and kill the ultimate evil), but what the game does with it is very interesting and original (the modern setting, etc.) That's what I meant.

The graphics are totally fine, they're simplistic but they work and the style fits with the game well. Kinda like Wind Waker was actually.

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
Any person will tell you they're low graphics. I'm not saying they're bad myself of course, but critics really DO look at graphics too much IMO.

The writing staff for this was great. Very funny and interesting. The idea of it being a parody of America still makes me laugh to this day.

Arcade

Smash Ace
Yeah, you can tell how talented and dedicated the translation team was. It was top notch especially considering other RPGs of its time were still stuck with all sorts of typos and awkward lines like "spoony bard".

The writers were great, too. Often I actually wanted to talk to random townsfolk to see what they would say.

clowsui

Smash Legend
earthbound is indeed very awesome

might have answered this already but how was VGBC, ed? jacob said you guys played dumb in teams :/

Top Bottom