• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Nesu] It's so deserted here I could find Criminal Caterpillars. (Post here if you're cool)

Best Ness Outfit?

• Total voters

Dajayman

Banned via Administration
Eagleye, play Dragndorf or Oro, both are really good Yoshis. Dragndorf just shuts down my approaches with those pivot grabs and camps so smartly with those eggies. Oro can combo pretty well with Yoshi's bair and he chaingrabs nicely.

I've seen Ally grab release a Wario into a sweetspotted knee with Captain Falcon and ook always grab releases Warios into donkey punch with his amazing DK. At least Ness doesn't have it this bad.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
I'm going to Pound 4. Only entering melee singles though. I'm terrible at brawl now probably but I'll play anybody who wants to play me in either game. I'll do my best to dress up like Ness (ie striped polo shirt, jeans, a backpack, and the ultimate bat if I have room).

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
I should pimp out the Ness boards. Make crazy art stuff to make our board look boss.

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
I don't know what to make...

And Dajay if you want a different avatar just send me a PM. I can make you one.

Man of Popsicle

Smash Lord

FuPoo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SplashWoman
For those who have played MOTHER 3, check this gamemode out!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0P2BPTMBC8k

New gamemode someone made for GMOD called "Chimera Hunt". You play as either a Pigmask or the Ultimate Chimera. Pigmask goal; Turn off Chimera. Ultimate Chimera goal; Chomp piggies.

There's even a stage of the Chimera Lab and one of the room is the
Cinema room where Ness is featured ;___;.

EDIT: Also good going Vicegrip getting 4th in Doubles at 2-2.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
I'm so good at Temple Castle Siege that I should be banned so the other team has a chance at winning. XD
Fix'd.

So yeah, I've been wondering, how good is the hitbox on Ness's FF'd Fair? I remember it not being too good, but I've been in a debate about it and want it cleared up. :laugh:

Also, what do all of you want for Christmas/one of the other holidays that I'm bad at spelling?

Dajayman

Fair always has a nice sized hitbox, it depends if you're advancing or retreating the fair. The last hit of fair is slightly larger than normal though and it won't come out when sffl'd.

I honestly don't want anything for Christmas and asked for very little this Christmas. My gf is getting me a sandwich from her work since she insisted on getting me something. The type of sandwich is a complete mystery though, since it's a surprise. XD

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
In the situation we're discussing, it's an advancing FF'd Fair. I'm debating whether or not a spaced Pivot grab by Yoshi would beat it, which I'm positive it does, since it's always worked for me in the past. >_>''

I bet it's a hagus sandwich. Good luck eating that thing. XD

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
FF'd fair has terrible range when trying to hit from above... You're better off using pkfire than fair in that situation. Your opponent has to be big or stupid in order to get hit by a ff'd fair... Assuming you ff from high up.... Fair is great canceled after the first few hits, but it's pretty difficult to get someone who knows when to shield/atk/grab into a combo... Other than that, rising, retreating fair for runaway and getting out of the middle of the stage...

I've gotten into the habit of using pkflash whenever I launch my opponent offstage... Need to change some to pkt...

Dajayman

A Yoshi pivot grab will beat Ness' approaching fair easily. Ness' approaching fair has bad range, I never go full speed forward in my approaches unless I plan on landing behind shield. Only approach that might give Yoshi trouble that isn't a projectile is Marth's fair, anything else will be eaten by Yoshi (also Charizard in Brawl+ could possibly outrange the tongue).

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
PK Flash offstage is money to me. It either freaks people out or they try to suck it up (Ness or Lucas), then fall to low etc.

Or a Space Animal tries to Illusion back and they get hit by it. :laugh:, that's always a bonus.

Dajayman

Start using uncharged flashes more, they're excellent on opponents above you on platforms. Hell, I even use uncharged flashes in Melee when I definitely shouldn't be . :p

Oh yeah, uncharged flashes have the advantage of being very safe when used smartly, flash has incredible priority, and it does decent damage. Use it instead of uair when you are facing an opponent with a good dair or just to mix up your attacks.

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
Flash and fire are good IMO.
I love when peopleget in that situation in which they are falling WITH PK Flash, and they airdodge, but the flash is still in them and you easily release it with approptiate timing. I've had tis happen on some occassions.

smash64

Smash Champion
I'm teaming with tyr this weekend he mains Lucas so our team is gonna be interesting also I been to a couple of tournament I just haven't posted them cuz I don't have internet I'm posting this thru my blackberry Cel lol

Uffe

Smash Hero
I'm teaming with tyr this weekend he mains Lucas so our team is gonna be interesting also I been to a couple of tournament I just haven't posted them cuz I don't have internet I'm posting this thru my blackberry Cel lol
RAAAPE!! SMAAAASH!! Good luck to the both of you!

RoyTheFlamboyant

Smash Journeyman
Hey, Smash64! You guys do work! Best of luck to you!

And Yink, I neglect smashboards in general, don't feel bad, haha.

Also, you guys were having a PK Flash discussion when I first started coming to this board :laugh:

Top Bottom