• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Nesu] It's so deserted here I could find Criminal Caterpillars. (Post here if you're cool)

Best Ness Outfit?

• Total voters

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Falco is the worst character, I swear to god, that character is just stupid.

Im also really bad against Lucario and Zelda lol.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
I actually discovered recently how annoying Yoshi's CG is on us. It's so gosh darn silly. And man now I hate yoshi because he's such a grabby character. @.@

Not really I still love yoshi but good golly man even i'm not used to being aerial so much in a MU! @.@

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Yeah, all my characters are pretty grabby (Mario the least of them, but still does Jab > Grab ALL the time lol) and since Ness/Lucas are both so weak to grabs (not EASY to grab, just get owned more than usual when grabbed), I can totally see why youd hate grab characters ;p

Tikao

Smash Ace
Hey tikao, how's life with you? When will you (maybe) be able to have lactose products? And... are you okay? Just wanna make sure you are!
They'll test it later, but I'm ok for now
but i somehow don't have that much fun playing ness anymore
so my ness became bad (or at least worse than before) so my placings are worse with him, which isn't that funny too xD
got 2stocked by a mk, than picked mk myself and 2 stocked him, and my mk is bad
or got 3stocked by a falco and took him to his last stock with my marf (my marf is even worse than my mk xD)

but it could be, because I'm making a own brawl-mod with 2 friends, and the ness i made there is just way better than the normal one and i somehow got used to this ness xD ... i shouldn't use dashattack that often while playing the original ness as an example or i get punished because i try to cancel his usmash/dsmash xD

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Aww don't worry we all get discouraged sometimes. I've even had times where I haven't had fun playing as my mains. Though for me that's usually because it can sometimes be stressful hah. :p

I.S FoxMkloud

Smash Ace
Well, it seems like this board is like the only active one out of all character boards (even if it isn't, just gives out the feeling).
And Tikao, I am sorry to hear that you don't find Ness in Brawl fun anymore. I don't even main Ness (at least.... not yet, there's always a chance) but I am sorry to hear that. Of course, the reason you stated could be affecting it... I mean, Dash Attack and cancel Up and Down Smash and many other things I am sure you tried to do out of habit :p But, here comes the question, can any chars do that? I am curious.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Well, it seems like this board is like the only active one out of all character boards (even if it isn't, just gives out the feeling).
And Tikao, I am sorry to hear that you don't find Ness in Brawl fun anymore. I don't even main Ness (at least.... not yet, there's always a chance) but I am sorry to hear that. Of course, the reason you stated could be affecting it... I mean, Dash Attack and cancel Up and Down Smash and many other things I am sure you tried to do out of habit :p But, here comes the question, can any chars do that? I am curious.
Hm, you mean dash attack cancel into stuff?

Most everyone in the game can DACUS, however most don't get much benefit out of it. Lucas/Ness certainly don't. Bowser stops in place when he DACUSes.

But characters such as Snake, Sonic, Jiggly, Sheik, Wario or Link on the other hand....

I.S FoxMkloud

Smash Ace
Heh, well, I was asking Tikao about him doing cancelling usmash/dsmash, sorry for the confusion.
Oh, and you forgot Wolf, Wolf benefits from DACUS too!

Tikao

Smash Ace
But, here comes the question, can any chars do that? I am curious.

depends on the charakter ( so nope, not everyone)
like wario, who can cancel his up-b with a jump at the end (so up-b -> footstool -> fart is true now xD)
the point with the dashattack is, that ness can cancel a grab out of it (and the move is overall a new move, so it's not like ness' dashattack in brawl)

Tikao

Smash Ace
well, we're not finished yet ( and we are far far away from that) ... so fox is not included xD ... but i remember a old fox, his ftilt had the same effect as dk's side-b usmash and dsmash some random explosion-gfx and sfx and his every hit of his fair had a other effect (only remember the last one, which freezed the enemy) and his blaster ... can't explain that it wierdly ... traveled and stayed at the beginning while still traveling and ... realy, can't explain that ... but they got the lip's stick effeckt on them (so the flower which deals damage over time)
maybe this old fox is still in the game, but he's way too weak anyway and will be reworked anyway

I'm not sure, but maybe someone is moding fox right now ... could be some testing, but could be the beginning of a new fox

Tikao

Smash Ace
there is a programm for it (psa-mod/ smashattacks) you just have to know how to work with it ... and some things you have to do with a hex-editor
there should be tutorials here at smashboards ... my friends just teached me this and explained everything, so i don't know that exactly ... but it's funny ^^

Reckless4Christ

Smash Ace
This is late but chars that benefit from DACUS:
Fox (just a little longer than sliding usmash), Falco, Wolf, JigglyPuff, Link, Wario, Sheik, Snake, Diddy Kong, Sonic...I still think I missed someone...

I.S FoxMkloud

Smash Ace
Luigi probably... Because he slides so much. For the record, I absolutely detest Luigi and other Mario universe people.

Reckless4Christ

Smash Ace
I. S I know you posted but I can't see it :/
Well Luigi's sliding usmash probably slides pretty far but his DACUS makes him just stop iirc.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Nope you got everyone.

And Luigis DACUS still makes him slide, just he slides less far than a normal running usmash (because he slides at the speed of his dash attack instead of his dash).

I.S FoxMkloud

Smash Ace
I think that will benefit Luigi because he slides so much lol, at least for those who aren't used to his sliding that is. Anyways, look at this thread getting derailed away from Ness and Ness mains' social topic :p But then were there rails to begin with? XD

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Theres no use to it though since he covers way more distance with a normal running usmash, and can 100% control his slide speed with crawl canceled usmash, making DACUS just slower (both in slide speed and speed the smash actually comes out) than the other 2.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
is the black wii some kind of special ... so not hackable?
this sounds a bit racist xD
LOL

Actually I remember always being scared to hack my wii after Donkey Kong Country Returns. It said if it found illegal software in the wii is would brick the wii, either instantaneously or over time. Haven't put an SD card with homebrew back in since. =(

Then my biology teacher at school said you could do it some way. I'll have to ask him again.

Bio teachers are kewl.

This is late but chars that benefit from DACUS:
Fox (just a little longer than sliding usmash), Falco, Wolf, JigglyPuff, Link, Wario, Sheik, Snake, Diddy Kong, Sonic...I still think I missed someone...
That looks like everyone methinks. =D

I.S FoxMkloud

Smash Ace
Hmm, I am just unable to hack after certain parts. I mean, I softmodded but that's about it.... I cannot go any further such as inserting recording codes because I need to downgrade IOS first to get the necessary programs to work or so. It never downgrades and I think my Wii came with the most recent one.
What's with biology teacher and wii hacking? lol
Hmm, I don't think it is beneficial for Fox anyways to DACUS because there's so little difference. I never DACUS as Fox... May be as Snake, who is just on fun char list (Ness is on this list too!)
By the way Z'zgashi, I think I saw someone use DACUS as Luigi before and then kill someone lol... But yeah...

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Hmm, I don't think it is beneficial for Fox anyways to DACUS because there's so little difference.

By the way Z'zgashi, I think I saw someone use DACUS as Luigi before and then kill someone lol... But yeah...
Replace Fox with Luigi in your first sentence I quoted, and that explains the second sentence lol. Like, its by no means bad, its just a slightly less useful, but easier to do crawl cancel usmash lol.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
No its easier, but LESS beneficial. Still beneficial, but you get get even more out of other options ;p

yoshi8984

Smash Lord
NNID
TimmyTendo
Switch FC
SW-6176-0583-0131
So I participated in my friend's online tourney, and I unfortunately lost 2 sets in a row, and I got like 2 free wins at the beginning since my opponents couldn't be there. Oh well.

Can someone help me with the DK MU, I got 3 stocked .__.

And Luigi too if possible. At least I wasn't 3 stocked that time though lol

I also went against a MK, and it was actually fairly close but I fail at maintaining a lead. >__<

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Took you guys some time!

Since when is Ness - DK -3? No-one's answered me on that yet.... :(

Also why didn't we seem to fight for any changes? Gahhh... :(

EDIT: At least it seems that it'll get somewhat regular updates, which is pretty cool IMO.

Tikao

Smash Ace
the rating itself is bad imo ... it needs more steps ... half steps would be enough
to describe a disadvantage, we got -1 -2 -3 and -4
-4 is reserved for (close to) unwinnable so only for the worst of the worst
so we got 3 "groups" to put a "disadvantage-mu" in

some -2 MUS are close to -1, some are close to -3 , but they're still in the same group (so [not counting -4 MUs] the ENTIRE "disadvantage-section")
look at dk, he was -2, because of the infinte, they put him to -3 (he is -2 imo but thats not the point here), look at wario, he was -2 (not at the last version but he was), now he's -1
the point is they were at the same "group", so ness-dk was as bad as ness-wario
yeah wario was -2 a long time ago and thats what new MU charts are for, to CHANGE mus, but still this is a huge gap now , thats whats the point, and ness got nothing which made him better"worse in this MU neither dk/wario

now look at our -3 MUs marf is in it
marf is by far the worst MU for ness, so nobody should be in the same group ... but ddd (as an example) is
Ness-ddd is too bad to be put into -2 group, he's not bad enough to be as bad as marf
so if you consider marf as -3, ddd just is no -3, he's a -2,5 (or marf a -3,5)
thats the point, if you put 2 MUs in the same group, you indirectly say MU 1 is as bad/good as MU 2
but that can be wrong (and often it is wrong), the MU-rating is not accurate enough
it got the name "official" so it should be more accurate (so the rating system should be more accurate)
marf is not like ddd/dk, mk is not like tink etc. (tink should be as bad as ddd [imo] anyway xD)

Top Bottom