• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Nesu] It's so deserted here I could find Criminal Caterpillars. (Post here if you're cool)

Best Ness Outfit?

• Total voters

Neon Ness

Designated Procrastinator
I'll be playing it tomorrow after I move out of my dorm for the summer. :D

Gonna see what DeeJay/Juri/Dudley are like and then see if my old mains Honda/Sagat are much different.

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
Yeah I'll probably still main M.Bison like I did in SF4 however I do want to try T.Hawk, Dee Jay, Ibuki and Guy Sensei >.<

So then I guess I don't need the old copy of SF4 so then I can sell it to get SSF4 XP

Bartolon

Smash Lord
Meh placed 25th from 100 people =O
I WANTED TOP 8 AHH

I was really unlucky in brackets. I had to go vs zulu a olimar main and I was winning in friendlys and somehow I lose in brackets =O
After a few matches in losers I had to go vs a snake player and SD at 34%... =(

And I played friendlys against leon and he ***** me hard. xD
And I almost won from Mr.R :D

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
awwwwwwwww..... :(

that sucks.... I never have any luck in tournaments in general. I end up dying because of stupid things and lose because of those things...

I bet you could've gotten top 8, but **** happens, i guess...

Meccs

@Meccs_
Is there a MU discusion of Snake anywhere? All I really know right now is that Ness can't approach...
I've got a tourney on Saturday and I need to worry about the following characters (among others, and off the top of my head): Snake (much more-so than others, even MK. we've got a lot of Snakes), Peach, ICs, Kirby, D3, Fox, Diddy, Falco. Got a lot of work to do :p

Chuee

Smash Hero
Is there a MU discusion of Snake anywhere? All I really know right now is that Ness can't approach...
I've got a tourney on Saturday and I need to worry about the following characters (among others, and off the top of my head): Snake (much more-so than others, even MK. we've got a lot of Snakes), Peach, ICs, Kirby, D3, Fox, Diddy, Falco. Got a lot of work to do :p
Nah, approaching isn't the problem for Ness against Snake. Its that snake lives to 150%+ most stocks, kills you at 100%, and GR ftilt. Just try to get him above you and juggle him.
Thats a lot of characters.......................................

oOTjayOo

Smash Apprentice
Grab release Ftilt is not good. U can DI from it. Its grab release UTilt. I always wait till about 125-140 to do a fresh bthrow on snake. Never ever use bthrow unless ur ready to kill. Getting grabs on him is hard. He makes walls of tilts so just watch out. Pk thunder does ok again his nades. Scince snakes jumps suck i double jump pk thunder and tail whip the nades and hit snake with the head of pk thunder.

Chuee

Smash Hero
Grab release Ftilt is not good. U can DI from it. Its grab release UTilt. I always wait till about 125-140 to do a fresh bthrow on snake. Never ever use bthrow unless ur ready to kill. Getting grabs on him is hard. He makes walls of tilts so just watch out. Pk thunder does ok again his nades. Scince snakes jumps suck i double jump pk thunder and tail whip the nades and hit snake with the head of pk thunder.
GR utilt don't work broski.

SH -- Ftilt > PKF

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
so i got a nes emulator on my wii and got earthbound zero. I can already tell its going to be a hard game. The first enemy on the field ( a snake i think) takes like 5 turns to kill or something. Good thing it has frame skip!

Yink thanks so much for the mother vocal album, super legit. Wisdom of the world is my fav.

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
Earthbound Zero made me throw my keyboard at the wall
lmfao wow.

btw is it just me or is the um "hit detection" kinda ghetto in the game. Like what i mean it seems hard to talk or examine things you have to be at a certain angle to trigger the stuff. But yeah im scared. First enemy in the game doesnt die in 2-3 turns.

ViceGrip

Smash Journeyman
Just wanted to make the announcement that I'll be Money Matching FOW next Saturday at Tourneyplay 5 and that there will be vids up of it. It will either be 5 or10 dollars. :D

Wanted to let you guys know/offer any advice hehe and the general discussion thread seemed most appropriate.

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
Okay, since you are playing another ness main, you must spam the PSI magnet... It is essential...

/jk

I'm pretty sure that you don't need any advice. Maybe learn the dtilt trip sweetspot area, use psi magnet with the wavebounce stuff, fh pkfire (less, b/c it's ness)....

Bartolon

Smash Lord
FH PKF can come in handy. But you have to be careful with it.
But if you space away properly, he can't do much I guess.. maybe a dash attack.. but that's all.

ViceGrip

Smash Journeyman
Are you sure there is a sweetspot on the dtilt and where exactly is it?It still seem sto me that the dtilt trip 50/50 no matter what hrm. Though If I had to guess I'd say the very tip or close to it. Haha, I'll be sure to spam magnet :p. Fullhop pk fire followed by a nair before you hit the ground is pretty darn safe vs snake.

Dajayman

Banned via Administration
I believe there is a video proving that the sweetspot exists because Ness managed to get a dtilt trip like 10+ times in a row. If it was a 50/50 chance to trip, or in fractions a ½ chance, the chance of that video happening and getting 10 trips would be 1/1024.

Ask the master, Smash64, for some Ness ditto advice. I have some ditto matches of Smash64 and I saved on my Wiidle, so if you want I can show you how he wrecks my face in.

I'm afraid I don't play regular Brawl too much these days, I've been focusing a bit on Brawl+ and my Brawl hacks. Been adding cool music to my Brawl like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9g8H2aCDW3E

I've also been getting migraines lately, two days in a row I woke up with the worst headaches in my life. The first day the pain was stupidly intense, I was tearing up. The migraines have also led me to have nausea and vomit. Lame... :/

Well that's an update of me so far. Peace Nessers.

Uffe

Smash Hero
So has anyone played the new SSF4 I wasn't sure if I should get it or not but probably will since most people play it also should I sell my old copy of SF4 or do I still need it for something else o.0
Get rid of SF4 and go with SSF4. More characters, obviously. It looks kind of the same as far as playstyles go. But what I do know is that some characters either got toned down or buffed.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
yeah in SSF4 they did some balancing stuff to people like Sagat, Zangief, etc.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Ok

WARIO GOLD THIEVE SQUAD, INITIATE BATTLE MODE!

SAKLJAS FLARBLE GARBLE

Top Bottom