• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ness Video Thread: under new management

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Blegh she used to play Ness. I haven't watched to video yet.

Nice use of Zamus' items. You basically ***** DK's first stock in the 2nd vid.

You could've done the healing a little bit better. Zamus was really good at hogging the ledge. You should've been waiting at the top of the ledge for the people she forced to land on the stage.

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
Vicegrip, ZSS dsmash to Ness dair to jab lock = smexi. Then get ZSS to run to the other side of the stage and do another dsmash :bee:

Great vids tho!

gantrain05

Smash Master
gah, i need to get a wii so i can wifi some of you smashboards ppls, i'd really like to ness/lucas match with you earthbound, seeing as im the ONLY person like in my entire state that seems to be any good with ness or lucas, i have yet to play one that i dont destroy.

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rowxNjvCoLw

Yea I tripped towards the end.... But that's not quite what killed me, it should of though... If you notice fox messed up with an up smash did it in place instead. I lost anyway though, I short hopped without f airing.

This was a friendly from the tourney... We played a lot together, we both won about half the matches we played...

Fox is good...

I played a lot of friendlies... I also won a lot... None of which were recorded though.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Fox is weird to play against at first, but you have to just replace fair spam with nair spam and u-tilt his dair. His dair is useless against Ness. He can't approach him from the air and is easy to juggle.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Here are two matches of me against Smash64's Ness (he wins both). Sadly, I was completely ignorant of the matchup, as it was my first time playing Ness offline, and I think I would do much better against him now that I know some more about Ness. I did not know about Fair's amazing range, or how strong upair is, or how to DI out of PK Fire. I also epic failed at one point and stood still as a PK Flash hit my face, it will probably make you Ness users happy. But my Kirby is still good, it should give you an idea of what to watch out for:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6OtY87ijU40 match 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tdoebyz_DRo match 2

Yes I totally just copy pasted the same thing I wrote in the Ness matchup thread...I noticed this week's discussion was Kirby so that was pretty convenient :O

ViceGrip

Smash Journeyman
I've been away, thanks for advice and comments guys. i'll try and be more active on smashboards, i shun this website in favor of AIB too much.
Earthbound360: wow, i never thought of that haha. Me and faded tend to do the pummel infinite when it's 2v1 but he dsmashes and THEN grabs and pummels to make it go a lot faster. But i'll try that jab lock thing. Yea we weren't very clean in those matches w/ our dsmash healing lol. it's so good tho when u get it off, it heals 20% and u can cancel it to roll to safety when the enemy comes close.
The sage: I love the suit pieces, and ness can be very effective w/ them, use the nair to pick them up in mid air. very cool, knocks people away and u grab it. Your right about how i shoulda waited on the ledge while faded hoged it. We'll work that in more. thanks guys

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
Levitas have you thought about adding a Free for all section? I'm just wondering

Levitas

the moon
I could, but it's the same problem that I had with adding online. This is a forum people go to to get better with ness, and watching free for alls doesn't really make you better. If people show a preferance to include such a section, I'll add it, but my vote goes against.

I'll add the newer videos soon.

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
Ah I see... Because I had a free for all replay where I depleted 2 people's stocks in about 2 minutes... It was a 3 stock match.

No pk thunder was used I'm pretty sure...

Think I had 3 or 2 stocks left at the end... Pretty sure 3.

Makes sense to vote against FFA but it is an interesting addition.

Masky

Smash Master
Here's videos of a Ness ditto set between me and NeoN Ness who happens to go to the same university as I do. These were part of a low tier tournament held by a gaming club at our school that I won. NeoN was easily the best among the people I fought, the other people I played weren't good at all (at least with low tiers). It's too bad me and NeoN had to face eachother so early but the set definitely was fun :laugh:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFqbParI6i8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDuturoVSpc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GB-70J42mnM

ViceGrip

Smash Journeyman
at my last tournament theres 3 vids from it:

the first two were vs this pretty good lucario player who was tricky cause he just pressed R and over the entire time. It's pretty bad quality but if u can tell what's going on it's pretty exciting matches

1st one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QQKBV-3iLY

2nd one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=717A7vVthys&feature=related

the 3rd match isn't posted but i won the set.

This vid is a 2v2 vs Ajax and JMEX and there's only one vid but we went 1-2 vs that team
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQUf0ONJS1A

we didn't do so well in that one but oh well, it's decent quality at least.

neomadgic

Smash Journeyman
NNID
neomagic249
Good stuff Vicegrip. I didn't watch the full match because it's really hard to see what's going on, but I love how you space yourself with SH aerial, fall back. I'm gonna incorporate a lot of that stuff in my Ness games now.

gantrain05

Smash Master
Good stuff Vicegrip. I didn't watch the full match because it's really hard to see what's going on, but I love how you space yourself with SH aerial, fall back. I'm gonna incorporate a lot of that stuff in my Ness games now.
oh crap, now you find more ways to beat the living crap out of me with ness lol. you goin to jokers next monthley neo? i want a rematch lol.

neomadgic

Smash Journeyman
NNID
neomagic249
oh crap, now you find more ways to beat the living crap out of me with ness lol. you goin to jokers next monthley neo? i want a rematch lol.
We're probably not going to the next monthly because it's the week after Kansas and I don't think the other smashers are willing to go OoS back to back.

Santi

Smash Lord
I may get a video of my ness in a few days.
But I may just make a thread asking for help instead of posting it here.

I've learned a couple things from the videos here.

Gindler

Smash Champion
ness was purdy good, but honestly that MK was not very good at all, but props to ness anyways, thats one victory for the little guy.
Yeah I have no idea what the MK was doing (he's usually kirby apparently). Those guys as kirby and falco beat tudor and theko though so they have to be pretty good

Tudor

Smash Journeyman
Sk92 (Falco) is the best player in Vegas (also ranked 3rd in the west coast according to a recent thread on aib) and Kel (Kirby) is really good too. Truthfully that match was a huge fluke... those other players have never gotten far in a tourney, so Kel and Sk92 must not have taken them seriously (hence going characters they don't main).

No offense, if anybody is all for giving credit to the underdog it's definitely me, but this was the only time this Ness player did something amazing. I would say it took a lot of luck to pull this match off, but that dosn't mean it still wasn't omgwtfhax. I remember laughing for 5 minutes after watching this match at PnT that day, great stuff ^^

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! <
I don't know **** about any of the players involved [except Sk92] and everything I've heard about Tudor [from 7(Gum), Ajax, and Dookdigity] leads me to believe he knows what he's talking about....that and, well I'd like to think I know what I'm talking about hahaha, but yeah I second everything he said [and don't think I'm biased against Ness, I was a Ness main in Melee, kids...I WAS the underdog =D]

it's great to see people sandbag and get their shlt WRECKED though haha, but again: it wasn't terribly serious both ways.

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
I used specials because DK was easy to hit with them. And No sage NY does not suck, you just can't see a good Ness when it's in your face. Or even better good players when you see them.

I never found an opporutinity to Back throw that was reasonable and could kill him. Or I never thought of it at the time.

Jtails

Smash Lord
yea watching ref's vid again. there really was no time where he could backthrow DK. cause he was either in the air or on the ledge..

the backthrows he could have pulled off would not have killed dk due to distance of FD. and thus would have decayed the back throw.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
I was joking sheesh. Bum is obviously a good player.

Ref stop using pkt2 so much. You had better options sometimes (though you did get a kill from it Bum was at like 160).

Masky

Smash Master
Good match Ref, your Ness is really interesting and different from everything else I've seen. Please get more vids up :)

Ref stop using pkt2 so much. You had better options sometimes (though you did get a kill from it Bum was at like 160).
Gotta mix up your game... Anyway what I thought was really interesting is that Ref did it in ways that didn't get him punished most of the time

Top Bottom