• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ness Video Thread: under new management

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
New Yorkers are testy cuz the air quality there is so bad. I was there last summer and I could barely breathe.

WTF LRN2BREATHE NUBS

Levitas

the moon
it's not ref's fault nobody knows about deoderant and soap in new york.

That said, I'll update the first post sometime (probably tomorrow during the day)

xoxokev

Smash Lord
good match, DK was smart with the charged dsmash on the first stock...
ref is a good player, but it looked like he was playing very aggressively... and that might have been the reason why he lost
anyway, my suggestion is more fair spam (when DK isn't bair spamming... i'm not sure who has priority on those moves), and more dash grabs...

good rising aerials -> dair

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
I don't normally PKT2 that much but I had to take my chances. I went old school Up B.

Jtails

Smash Lord
hey lev I know about soap and deoderant! that is a statist statement!!

also any comments on the vid i posted? tips?
It was doubles but in any case input would be cool.

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
You played well in that video Jtails, that counter stage spike really messed things up for you, always try to tech that.

xoxokev

Smash Lord
lol ZMan, that sucks.

you know, i think you could have just held right on the control stick instead of PKT, and you would have "clicked" onto the ledge... but since you didn't know that thing was coming up, PKT was an option... lol thats sucky

p.s. this is my 100th post

Uffe

Smash Hero
^^^ I did the same, you two. If you're near that wall, your PK Thunder gets swallowed. If you do happen to use it, you'll either get that stupid thing to eat your PK Thunder or you'll just bump into the wall. It's almost pointless to even recover on that stage.

Gaussis

Smash Ace
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nIA_0_4jOvA

Something for all you NEss players out there (Me as Ness vs. Dekar as Diddy)
Learn to recover lower. That's probably the only thing that will save you on that stage. Stupid unexplained recovery shenanigans.

also any comments on the vid i posted? tips?
It was doubles but in any case input would be cool.
Good match, especially how you lasted at the end. Just learn to tech everything when you get hit. It will save you from counters and more.

Don't roll so much. :p

xoxokev

Smash Lord
@ JTails vid:

it was a good effort... there were so many things happening at once. for some reason, i think Lucas does a little bit better in teams just because his fsmash is a lot faster, and more useful in those kinds of situations

Gaussis

Smash Ace
Um, just learn to recover. Seriously, it pays off to learn your weaknesses and deal with them. For that stage, you really need to think twice because using PKT to recover is literally spelling your doom. Use it as your last resort.

Just learn what PKT can do.

ZMan

Smash Master
cromartie high school aka albuquerque, nm
My Ness is way better than that. He's probably at tourny level. I just wanted to show that Sakurai, the Whimsical Support Ghost, and God all hate me and they show that hatred through a video game.

I can chage! Really I can!

Gaussis

Smash Ace
I'm sure God doesn't hate you. Not sure about the ghost or Sakurai for that matter.

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
That happened twice in a tourney once to a Lucas player and once to me.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Happened to me three times in one tourney. I ban it against everybody except Diddy cuz he's gay on FD (and the platform on Yoshi's kinda screws him).

gantrain05

Smash Master
Happened to me three times in one tourney. I ban it against everybody except Diddy cuz he's gay on FD (and the platform on Yoshi's kinda screws him).
isn't it common sense to always always always, ban final D if your playing a Diddy, thats like the most broken character/stage combo ever, i hate it, i think out of like the 200 times i've played that matchup i might have won 10 games, all with olimar by being even gayer than diddy, and spamming side b twice as fast as he could throw nanners, and then abusing my pivot grab lol. so i've concluded the only way to actually beat diddy is to be gayer than he is.

Jtails

Smash Lord
The shy guys could be annoying for ness on yoshi's.

and yea FD + Diddy = ownage

Levitas

the moon
It was waaaay worse back in melee. shy guys are the natural enemy of any respectable ness, so we should light them all on fire.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Don't forget the cloud (Randall?). That's hurt my recover more times than it has saved it.

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
Ugh, the first time that little red demon bubble of Smashville killed me, I was pretty much in denial. I didnt think it really happened :ohwell:

Uffe

Smash Hero
That's a really cool Ness. I want to play you now. Well, not right away.

Gaussis

Smash Ace
Not bad. If you feel your Ness could improve, just keep playing him. I see potential there.

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! <
yeah, anyone who knew me on the Melee boards knows I love Ness...but not so much in Brawl :( I've hardly ever used him, to tell you the truth >_> thanks for the compliments though. Oh and to clarify, my lack of use with him has nothing to do with my preference for Lucas, like I originally thought. It's mostly because I main Ness in Melee and playing him in both games messes me up a lot >_<

MALCORE

Smash Cadet
yeah, i was pretty antsy while playing because i was so close to being put out. looking back i can pick out all my mistakes.
i ended up winning this tournament though and i think this is my only game as ness. i used DDD primarily and i couple others for countering.

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
here's a tournament vid of me versus lee puff (game and watch)

http://www.getyourtournament.com/multimedia/2008/11/ucla-monthly-vii-edrees-vs-leepuff_23.html

this video demonstrates why game and watch can get severely punished by death for trying to use his bucket versus pk thunder and why pk thunder is great against and gamf and watch. if you wait for the right height you can pk thunder him. if you see him bucket turn the pk thunder into the groudn and grab him. graba bove 95% = death probably. bucket lag (because he'll land using the bucket, giving an additional landing lag) so much that you have enough time. just watch the vid.

Top Bottom