• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ness Video Thread: under new management

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
vs D.M.R (Dedede, Kirby)
@ Bushido Impact (CJE '08, Semifinals) I didn't know that Dedede's jab could prevent me from grabbing the edge during my PKT2.
Dude, way more PK Fire against D3, and remember you can use his waddles as fire starters. Edit: strangely enough I posted this right before watching the final stock in the first match, and then during the final stock you started doing exactly these things.

Also the bounce off the ledge had nothing to do with D3's jab. PKT2 just does that depending on the angle of recovery (I think only straight horizontal) if you are within PKT2's sweetspot range of the ledge. This happened to me twice in a row while playing friendlies against Zen's MK yesterday, both times he wasn't even near the ledge.

Achoral

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Achoral
Heh...I didn't know it would do it with Ness too, actually. (The PKT2 on the edge)
And yeah, I don't dare much using PK Fire, though I should. : / I always mess it up.
Now I just don't do it against Marthes...

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Jtails your Ness looked really good, but that Lucas was a piece of crap (tell him to replace Dair with Nair lol). I can't really comment on it since a lot of people can look awesome vs. really crappy people. All I can say is practice your double aerial shuffle since you messed it up. Also don't try to just go after the attack all the time. Hitstun doesn't exist in brawl. You have to wait for them to act then follow up.

Asa

Smash Hero
blue bomber, did you use EIDI on Marth's grab at :49 in the first vid?

xoxokev

Smash Lord
lol "must've been all the KFC we had earlier"

p.s. too much jumping PK Fire (you probably already noticed)

also it looks like your bthrow got stale... usually if it doesnt work the first time, it won't work again until you "unstale" it

Ness' other reliable kill moves:
uair, bair

Harder-to-hit kill moves:
PKT2, PK Flash, dair

"If it's fresh" kill moves:
nair (~125%), utilt (~140%)

Gaussis

Smash Ace
Rofl at Ally progressive walk. :laughing: That second one was too good. Not much can be said about the two MMs. You definitely held your own against Ally.

Uffe

Smash Hero
Next time watch your opponent. He kept shielding and you kept getting hurt for attacking him. You should have grabbed him until he decided to start spot dodging. After that you could have probably started to use more aerials. Lather, rinse, repeat.

Gaussis

Smash Ace
Next time watch your opponent. He kept shielding and you kept getting hurt for attacking him. You should have grabbed him until he decided to start spot dodging. After that you could have probably started to use more aerials. Lather, rinse, repeat.
The thing is, Snake can repel Ness pretty well. Some of the times, he had grenades out that hindered his game. Other times, it was the mortar. Snake plays well against Ness, although Ness also has his own tricks against Snake.

gantrain05

Smash Master
i actually used to use ness as a snake counter, he really doesn't do too bad against snake if you know all his tricks.

xoxokev

Smash Lord
Such good quality!!!!!!!!!

So far I watched the first video
I'm surprised you didn't go for the Project Omega thing, I also saw you try the jab > grab lol. gg

FireKirby7

Smash Lord
Project Omega is in the second vid, 4:04. Almost worked!!
I saw the jab grab too, I laughed when I saw that. Ref do you test things the Ness boards have been previously discussing?

Gaussis

Smash Ace
No u. He was going to do that stuff in the now-canceled tourney. I saw them all. Nice matches.

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
Yes I do... Randomly in friendlies.

Watch all of them.. They are all good/funny/ or just cool..

Oh but don't worry I still have all my tricks for tomorrow.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Good stuff Ref. I saw the first couple of secs of the first match and approved. I'll watch in more detail later.

I went to Magfest 7 today and got some matches recorded. Dunno if he'll actually upload them.

ViceGrip

Smash Journeyman

Uffe

Smash Hero
Finally, more videos of you! I kind of wonder, though. Why don't you use PKT2?

ViceGrip

Smash Journeyman
i do occasionally, but pkt2 is mainly used in doubles 4 me, its much more likely to hit. In my playstyle I like to harass w/ thunder as much as possible and if a pkt2 setup comes up then great, but i dont go 4 them very often unless i think i can break their shield or force them into it. A reason I don't go 4 it very often also is i don't like getting punished for shielded/dodged pkt2's, but i still go for them when i'm pretty darn sure they're gonna hit/ i'm feeling risky/ i'm feeling desperate. i tend to pk flash more often than pkt2 lol. Also faded knows my style too well so it's very rare when I can hit him w/ it. 2nd vid up now : )

also grab release to uair is kinda sad vs zss when you are above 140% cause it's guaranteed.

Uffe

Smash Hero
i do occasionally, but pkt2 is mainly used in doubles 4 me, its much more likely to hit. In my playstyle I like to harass w/ thunder as much as possible and if a pkt2 setup comes up then great, but i dont go 4 them very often unless i think i can break their shield or force them into it. A reason I don't go 4 it very often also is i don't like getting punished for shielded/dodged pkt2's, but i still go for them when i'm pretty darn sure they're gonna hit/ i'm feeling risky/ i'm feeling desperate. i tend to pk flash more often than pkt2 lol. Also faded knows my style too well so it's very rare when I can hit him w/ it. 2nd vid up now : )

also grab release to uair is kinda sad vs zss when you are above 140% cause it's guaranteed.
Yes! PK Flash is an awesome attack! I've been hitting people with it so much recently that I'm happy to announce that I had gotten them in replays! Of course this stuff is online, but some of them are pretty awesome! I got one where I'm fighting a Yoshi and he spikes me! I come out, attack him a bit. Eventually I start to charge up PK Flash, and right when the Yoshi grabbed me with his tongue, I had already let go and I was released while he got blown sky high! :laugh: It's really awesome! C:

Top Bottom