• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ness Video Thread: under new management

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
To like stall and stop your trajectory and stuff? 'plan mo' plz. *refuses to play online*

rel_12

Smash Apprentice

maskeXD

Smash Apprentice
That godSSbb is actually just the guy that posts videos. If you read the player's name, it would be "tabiKOMA". "Tabi" means "socks" in japanese and Koma is just a name, so his nick is a really weird one, hehe.

After i saw his vid, I started to use PSIM to recover as well... XD.

Levitas

the moon
I'll fix the tag. Thanks.

Also, I'm not posting Wifi vids. I'm just of the opinion that non-wifi enables higher level play because of the lack of input lag interfering with avoiding otherwise easy to avoid attacks.

petrie911

Smash Journeyman
I'll fix the tag. Thanks.

Also, I'm not posting Wifi vids. I'm just of the opinion that non-wifi enables higher level play because of the lack of input lag interfering with avoiding otherwise easy to avoid attacks.
But some of the vids you currently have on the first page are WiFi vids. Heck, even some of the green ones are Wifi vids.

Levitas

the moon
But some of the vids you currently have on the first page are WiFi vids. Heck, even some of the green ones are Wifi vids.
lol, fair enough. I'm gonna try to update this thread to an extent tomorrow, but if it doesn't get done then, it'll have to wait a week.

Sorry about the sporatic nature of my updates, it's been a crazy busy summer for me.

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
Levitas, when can you update this? I'm pretty sure it's been a week. I think you should take Wifi videos off since you said you wouldn't put them. If you choose to leave them, then should be able to post our Wifi videos.

Well the last update is 2 months old. So I'm worried about the "Health" of this thread.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Nobody is really uploading any vids. I have an amazing combo I pulled off so I'll upload it next weekend. >_>;

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
I'd like to see it Sage. Some people recently posted some videos. I think the real problem is the lack of Ness players on this board. Where are they, I can't find them....

Levitas

the moon
They're vacationing in summers, talking about deep topics at club stoic.

I'm gonna go through this thread right now and weed out weak vids/add vids.

I'm sorry again about the "health" of this thread. My bad entirely.

Levitas

the moon
I can no longer change the topic's title for some reason. As for the the major weeding I did, I did it on the basis of three things:

1. Is it relavant to tournament rules?
2. Is it relevant to live tournament play (wifi)?
3. Is it relevant to the current metagame?

I only eliminated videos that I believe people should not be watching unless they want to be learning bad habits for item number 3. I don't think we have any good vids up now, period.

RECORD YOUR MATCHES, PEOPLE! we need to build this thread up again, and I'm around to do it.

I'm still in the process of editing this thread right now even, I'm gonna go through the last bunch of pages for good videos and add other vids I'm aware of, such as G-reg's ness, which is one of the best vids I've seen. I'm also gonna do some searching for Ness players on Youtube to try to regain some of the quantity of videos we had before.

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
Levitas, did you make sure to edit then pick go advanced? This will most likely allow you to change the title.

Levitas

the moon
Yeah, I was a little ********, but Youko helped clear things up for me. That said, let the influx of good ness videos begin...

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
Me and Rel (along with our partners Kishu and TJ) have some good team battles that have been recorded. But there's just one problem, its wifi. Still want them?

Levitas

the moon
I'm gonna take a quick poll over the next three days. Guys who want a wifi section in this thread, speak up. I archived the last version of the thread, so I still have access to the Simna snd .Yoshi vids that I had which were wifi.

Go ahead and post links so that if people decide that they want a wifi section it'll be here, and if people don't, the ones that do will still have access to the videos.

Uffe

Smash Hero
WiFi doesn't sound like a bad idea, but there are some people who say WiFi proves nothing. So basically if you're one of those people, then fighting a lvl 9 CPU is really no different.

EDIT: There's something I forgot to mention. I don't have any way of recording long videos. Is there anyone here who can record videos and upload them? Because I was thinking just to add more to this topic that I could add them to my friend list and brawl list to send these videos. Thanks.

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
I personally wouldn't want a Wifi section, Wifi is pretty much just for fun and almost everyone can agree you play best in person. I didn't like the .Yoshi videos just because it was just Pk thunder most of the time. Not only that but almost all of his matches were wifi and off of replays.

There are some Simna tourney videos if you need the links I have them here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOC0FC6Efko
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KLpA6FENIA&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZyWyMFrkfA&feature=related

Probably the most entertaining Brawl videos I've seen yet and the best Ness I've seen in Brawl (not surprising.) I figured this was definetly worthy of it's own thread for all you aspiring Ness players out there.

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
I wouldnt mind Wifi vids. The lag is overratted. sure, it messes you up sometimes, but you can still get matches with very little lag or sometimes none.

Uffe

Smash Hero
I've got this awesome video of me playing as Ness and my friend playing as Lucas and the first two stocks I gimp him. :laugh: The last stock on him is something s3xy. So yeah, if someone here has a good video camera or something like GameBridge, that'd be great. ;D

Levitas

the moon
My argument against Wifi is that the videos I'm showcasing are for the use of learning to play competitive in person brawl better. Wifi's lag makes it essentially a different game, so the reason I haven't posted it is along the same reasons I haven't been posting melee videos.

I'm exaggerating a little when I say it's a different game, but the metagame of competetive online and in person will diverge at the highest levels no matter how you look at it.

I'm adding those simna vids now, good call.

So far the vote is 2:1 for wifi.

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! <
I say that if someone wants videos for fun or whatever and not as "competitive" or if they want wifi, maybe they could make their own thread? or you could change the thread title/preface [haven't read it if you've already done this] to note that this thread is for competitive play and advancement of Ness's metagame.

The compromise is to have a separate section.

Uffe

Smash Hero
^^^ Okay? So why not do something like this.

Same room/Tourney Brawl videos:

Ness vs ?
Ness vs ?
Ness vs ?

-----------------------------------

WiFi Brawl videos:

Ness vs ?
Ness vs ?
Ness vs ?

Something like that? I mean just to keep the forum clean and so you can seperate the videos but at the same time keep them in one topic.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
dont bother with wifi vids
^^^^^^^^^

Why I agree, I still haven' t heard of somebody who plays solely on wifi and then goes and places well in a tournament. Besides every wifi vid is like trash. Considering what I saw last weekend, g-reg's videos are trash compared to his current skill level.

I am uploading a semi crappy video now, but hey, it has a 0-death combo on snake and a really weird pkt glitch.

Uffe

Smash Hero
^^^ You really think so? I've heard that playing offline against people truly proves where you stand while WiFi is just crap. But there are times where lag isn't present. What then? I mean if I suck on WiFi, then I must be like ten times better offline. I'm kind of confused.

EDIT: Is Simna still the best Ness main? I know the question has nothing to do with the topic, but him vs Hostility, those were awesome matches.

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! <
It's just misleading. That is why it should have some sort of obvious indicator [be it a separate section or a bold-faced label] next to each WiFi link saying that it is such. I don't think there's any legitimate argument that can be made for WiFi matches and non-WiFi matches being considered equal.

This is nothing against the players who love WiFi and have only that as a resource for playing somewhat skilled individuals or even other people, period. You can post videos of awesome or hilarious moments that were in WiFi matches [like that "greatest WiFi kill ever"??? the triple Falcon Punch? ****ing GREAT video], just understand that there IS a difference and try to understand why :)

Uffe

Smash Hero
How about videos off WiFi but not at tourneys? Will those be accepted? In case no one understands that question, I'm saying something like me fighting my brother or friend in the same room.

EDIT: ****, thesage, those fairs near the end were so **** epic! I loved it! I know you said the match was crap, though. >< I didn't see any annotations, but I think I saw the rocket fall through your shield. XD

Top Bottom